Please Come Again~

Check, Please!

 

Sehun had many emotions flowing through his mind. Should  he confront Luhan or wait until Luhan was ready to tell him the truth. He hopes he hasn't messed up with Luhan so bad that the other doesn't want to talk to him.

It's all just a big mess, a big misunderstanding.

But isn't that what makes up life most of the time?

And just as he's paved through life and found solutions to his problems, he'd do the same. Especially when so much was at stake. Luhan was precious to him. There was no denying just how fond he'd grown of the guy. Just how much he....yea...he loved him.

He'd go over to Luhan’s home tonight. Hopefully everything would be sorted out.

Pinku was beginning to give him the stink eye as if it was his fault...and he was beginning to think that maybe he shared some of the blame for not telling Luhan outright.

Now when he went home after work, he had two things to look forward to (sarcasm ). Pinku judging him and the plush cat version of himself giving him a sassy look from afar.

Great.

.

.

.

.

 

Luhan usually wasn't one to wallow in self pity. That jerk hadn't even replied to his messages the next day after their awkward encounter with Seohyun . He didn't realize just how demeaning it felt to put yourself on the line, put your all out there and then not even get a single reply in return. Luhan wasn't one to wallow in self pity but he allowed himself some wallowing room this time.

He thought of himself as a hard worker. He believed he put a good amount of effort into this relationship to make it work. He didn't want to be the one to always have to be the first to initiate moments. What kind of relationship, platonic or romantic, would that be if one person put all the effort into it to keep it alive while the other just took everything for granted? Luhan had learned his lessons years before. He wouldn't be the one busting his to overly please the other, not anymore.

But even if his mindset on relationships had been reorganized, he knew he had done some wrong. He lied to Sehun. He wasn't his blind date. And if he told Sehun he lied about that, how easily would he conclude that Luhan lied to him about other important intimate things all along? And Luhan couldn't handle that notion.

 

He'd go over to Sehun's in the evening. He'd call first but the other had taken it upon himself to ignore his calls so he saw no use.

It was tiring forcing yourself to act as if you don't care. He cared..deeply for Sehun...more than he had cared about anybody before. Sometimes, he reasoned, you just have to fight for it.

.

.

.

 

The doorbell rang repeatedly. Luhan's eyes twitched heavily in annoyance, a habit he had unknowingly picked up from Sehun. His shirt was still a bit wet from his freshly showered hair, his sweatpants haphazardly askew hanging low on his hips. He hoped it was just Minseok or Yixing so he could tell them to get lost. He had things to clear up tonight. Minseok needed to buy his own damn phone if he wanted to play games. Last time he almost got a virus because Minseok thought

 

“He-”

“I came to apologize. What’s happening..well let’s say I’m a large part to blame.”

 

“I don’t understand...what are you to blame? You haven’t done anything wrong that I know of…”

 

“It was me Luhan. I- well me and Chanyeol- are the Buoxian Sehun had been talking to through this dating app I was testing for the company. We had set up a date at the bakery and I was going to break it all to Sehun there but then I saw you with him and honestly, I’ve never seen a smile like that come from him before. And it was you. I know you. You’re a great guy and I figured Sehun would see that too. I thought maybe I should just leave you two alone and fate would work itself out. But I realized, I’d be getting away with tricking a great friend and possibly setting you up on a date you might not even want. Sehun overheard a client call me Buoxian the other day, it’s my Chinese name. He confronted me about it after. I explained to him and apologized. I didn’t do it out of spite or anything like that. I really genuinely care for him and wanted him to just find love already. I know now, it’s not something you can just rush. But you two. I stayed at the bakery that day. I gained five pounds to prove it. But anyways, you two couldn’t see what I saw. You didn’t even know Sehun and yet as damn cliche as possible, you guys looked like you knew each other for a long time. Not even I can converse with Sehun for that long of a time and I know the guy since childhood. I know he’s been a lousy jerk and after apologizing for my role in this mess, I knocked some sense into him. I hope everything works out between you two.”

 

For Luhan, it was quite a lot to take in. He felt now as if telling Sehun his role in this ordeal wouldn’t be as difficult.

 

“I can’t say I’m not a bit mad but I understand why you did it. Seeing a friend lonely would compell me to help them as well. You’re right; love isn’t something you can force or spring on someone. It should just come, sometimes at the most unexpected time. I’m glad you two arranged that date and I’m even happier I was there and not wanting to eat alone.” In the end, two lonely people had found warmth and company in each other without even realizing it.

 

“Thank you for telling me Baekhyun and thank you for clearing it up. I’ll be sure to talk to Sehun.”

 

But Baekhyun being Baekhyun knew these two dummies would need a slight push in the right direction to get talking. He assumed his pushing and prodding is what got him in trouble in the first place but it also brought them together so he reasoned, it’s alright to prod ever so often.

 

“I think I’ll be going now. Wouldn’t want to delay anything…” At this, Baekhyun raised his eyebrows in a spicy manner and Luhan felt a bit frightened. What could that possibly mean?

 

“Sehun? You were there THE WHOLE TIME?!” Luhan, bewildered by the sudden appearance of Sehun right after Baekhyun scurried away, caused him to shout out half his sentence waking half the dogs in the neighborhood.

 

“I’m stupid.”

“.....elaborate.”

 

“I shouldn’t have ignored you. I should have talked it out, I just thought you were ashamed of the way we met and therefore ashamed of me. Baekhyun explained it all to me.”

“He explained it to me too. I could never be ashamed of you Sehun. I don’t care if we met in a strip club, I’d still love you.”

 

“...what were those last words?”

“I don’t care if we met in a strip club?”

“After that.”

 

“...I..love you…”

 

Sehun smiled and Luhan knew just exactly what Baekhyun meant when he said he’d never seen Sehun smile like that before.

 

It was a smile reserved for him and it made him feel as sweet as the taro pie he adored eating.


 

“If you’d be willing to take me, I’d love to start again.” And Luhan was more than happy to be meeting the person he knew he loved twice.

.

.

.

.

.

 

“Hi, I’m Sehun. Nice to meet you.”

“I’m Luhan. You’re a bit old no?”

“Well, if you’d like,, you’re always free to call me Daddy. I won’t mind, baby boy.”

“You’re a bit frisky for a first date old timer.”

“It’s my first time dating someone as charming and handsome as you.”

“You shouldn’t say such sweet things, I’ll get a cavity and you’ll have to take responsibility.”

“A daddy should care for his baby this way, correct?”

“S-stop! I won’t call you daddy you bumbling silver haired idiot.”

“Mhmm, I knew it was you. Want me to buy you a rice krispie treat on our next date to make up for the vending machine incident last time?”

“No thanks. Some old guy told me eating sweets was bad for my health.”

“Really? He sounds wise. Compared to some small teenager that told me chocolate was unhealthy. The blasphemy.”

“He sounds smart. If this doesn’t work out, you can always date him.”

“Mmmm, I think...can I keep you?”

“I’M NOT A TRINKET!”

“You’re as lovely as one.”

“...”

“Oh, I brought something to remember me by. I call him CatHun.”

“...DeerLu is rightfully yours.”

“A deer and a cat. That’s an odd combination.”



 

“But I wouldn’t have it any other way.”

 

“You know I’m just eating with you because I don’t want to eat alone right?”

 

.

.

.

.



And ever since then, Sehun has had an extreme fondness for taro pie but more so for the owner of the pretty mouth he gets to feed it to.

 

 

 

 

Sorry guys no ...It didn't feel right. Maybe in the future I'll add a bonus chapter if you're still interested. Sorry this story a bit :'(