Our Menu, Sir.

Check, Please!

First of all, listen to Luhan's new song "Medals"! It's 100. Also, thank you and welcome to the crazy world of Check, Please!

 

`

`

`

 

Sehun was beyond appalled. He was disgusted.

 

His friends at work had thought it absolutely hilarious to tape pictures of his face (more precisely, a picture of his face where his hair was blowing in the wind; it would have belonged on Mufasa's body better, in his opionon because at least then he'd be regal but that was beside the point) on Sailor Moon's quite fabulous body all over his desk. He knew without a doubt which three had partaken in this mischievous act. He threw away the papers and thought, it's okay, I know where they park.  

His friends had always pranked him like this and to be honest, he quite enjoyed the playful atmosphere in an otherwise dull place. This had been the first prank in a few weeks actually since most of them had either found someone to call lover or were pining after a disinterested individual. Thus being kept on their toes.

Baekhyun, one who had been pined after and was currently dating said pursuer, a tall large eared guy who dealt with the accounting team, casually strolled into his office. 

"Did you enjoy your present?" The midget asked with a cheeky smile.

"I don't appreciate having my face taped to Sailor Moon's body so no I didn't enjoy it." Sehun answered back with very little bite in his words. He had to admit, albeit to himself, that he looked killer in anything; his face on Sailor Moon's body just further proof of this thought.

"You're just grouchy because you haven't found someone to help you with all that pent up frustration of yours." His friends had been trying to hook him up with various people. He played along and went on the blind dates but it never escalated to anything more. He told them he didn't want to waste his time anymore, especially after they had thought it brilliant to set him up with a 65 year old man. They had defended the old geizer as he wiggled his bushy eyebrows at a horrified Sehun. They passionately told him that he was a very sought after bachelor. He told them they could seek their asses out his love life and that was that. Until now that is.

"I don't have frustration and I don't need help. Don't you have work you should be doing." Working in a consulting firm, their work was fairly lax unless it was a Monday. Monday's were hell. And since it was a Wednesday, Sehun knew Baekhyun probably didn't have much to do therefore bugging him was at the top of his to do list.

"Exactly. That's why I came to see you. I need a guinea pig and I chose you." Sehun raised up an unamused eyebrow. He resisted the urge to twitch his eye; the last time he did, his contact rolled into the deepest corner of his damn eyelid and he looked deranged trying to take it out. It took Kyungsoo, the firm's head finance consultant, to jam his finger up Sehun's eye and pull the piece of crap out. Kyungsoo told him to just stop wearing the bloody things like he did. He said this while squinting and glaring his way out of Sehun's office so as not to crash with the door. Sehun excused him, attributing his blindness to the millions of numbers he had to crunch now and again.

"Come again. A guinea pig??" He had a tendency to ramble in his head when it came to listening to anything Baekhyun had to say because if it didn't deal with his y times with Chanyeol, which he did not want to hear, then it dealt with the latest gossip around the firm or which eyeliner suited him better.

"Well there's this fairly new app that has been getting quite the buzz. Since I'm in marketing it's my job to see how it appeals to people. I'd try it on myself but I already have Channie. You however are single and ready to mingle." Baekhyun winked at him spicily.

"What do those things have to do with the app??" Sehun just didn't see the connection. 

"Oh...you see....it's a dating app. Before you-" Baekhyun tested the waters, barely muttering the word 'dating'.

"No." But Sehun had impeccible hearing.

"say no..." Baekhyun trailed off. 

"Baekhyun, I love you. You're like my erted older brother and all but I don't want to do the whole dating scene anymore. Not like that anyways."

"Sehun! I didn't want to do this but you leave me no choice." Sehun stared confused as the smaller male puffed out his chest, hands on his hips and with the loudest voice he could muster yelled out a single name rather nickname.

 

"Joonmamaaaa!!!!" And as Sehun faceplants, a flushed Joonmyeon appears.


"What's the matter??? I was in the middle of something important." He says as he fixes his shirt collar and smooths down his ruffled hair.

"You can Yixing in your office later. Sehun doesn't want to help me test this app out. I need him to help since its a work project!" Baekhyun gave his best puppy aegyo, knowing Joonmyeon was a er for cute things.

Joonmyeon, who happened to be the human resources manager, felt this job was particularly up his alley. Finding comprise and peace between two workers. Ignoring Baekhyun's earlier comment it had been true after all, and his puppy eyes, he faced the two and offered a solution.

"Baekhyun, if you really need someone to test it out, just ask Jongin from customer service. He's always willing to help out a coworker in need...for payment of course. Last time, I think he raised his price to two buckets of fried chicken...you might want to double check. Sehun, it would be nice of you to help out a fellow coworker on a project, I'd even add a gold star to your employee chart. But seeing as how it's a ..what is it again?"

"A dating app, Love Me Right." Baekhyun offers.

"Right that. I understand how you would not like to get involved with it. But if you change your mind, I'm sure Baekhyun would appreciate it and once again, you'd get a highly fought for gold star on your employee chart." Sehun wanted to shove that gold star up someone's to be honest, but because he prided himself on being a proper employee, he thanked Joonmyeon who really was just trying his best.

 

"Thanks Joonmyeon. I'll think it over."

And so feeling his job was accomplished, Joonmyeon went back to consulting his favorite client.

 

"Fine, I'll ask Jongin. You win this round Sehun. But you will not win the war~" He sang, skipping off to find Chanyeol so that perhaps they could pull another prank on Sehun for refusing his request.

 

He returned to sorting his papers, the words 'love me right' filing themselves in the farthest parts of his subconsious.

`

`

`

`

`

 

When it came time for him to clock out, Sehun liked to stop by at the local bakery to get himself some of his beloved bubble tea. He was getting a terrible headache just looking at the long line and although it pained him, he decided to just come back next time. As he turned around towards the exit, his shoulder crashed with the arm of a rather cute boy with the chubbiest of cheeks. He bid him a quick apology as the boy moved quickly towards another boy whose back was facing Sehun. Disinterested in the lives of teenagers, because really how old could those two be?, he ran his fingers through his messy, gelled black hair as he leisurely made his way over to his Mercedes.

 

Arriving home, he called out a small hello to his pet dog, Pinku, the dog lifting her head at her owner's voice.

 

It was like this almost every day. The lonely feelings cascaded over him just like eveyr other night.

 

He shrugged off his blazer and ed his white dress shirt as he made his way to the shower. The hot water always helped to relax his tense muscles.

 

"My Baekkie's fingers just work wonders on my shoulders and back. Ah~" He could hear Chanyeol saying. He shook the thought away, scrubbing his chest in hopes that the clenching would go away.

 

Stepping out of the shower with a towel wrapped around his waist, he drifted to his bed. The boredom consumed him as he gazed at his ceiling. Not even his dog responded as he called her name; she was too busy playing with a friend of her own, a stuffed mouse.

He let out a sigh. In such moments, he realized, he had no one to call that could wash away the bouts of loneliness. His phone buzzed, breaking him from his depressing thoughts.

 

Baek: The least you could do is buy me lunch tomorrow for not helping me ok??

Sehun: Fine but eat a big breakfast. I'm only taking a twenty.

Baek: I will find a way to use that twenty for all it's worth. 

Baek: Don't tempt me. Night~

 

"Love me right....." His fingers scrolled mindlessly on the phone's screen. To download or not was the question. Eventually, giving in, he searched for the app and found a weird logo with an even weirder description.

Are you ready to party until the sundown with the shawty of your dreams? Look no further!! With "Love Me Right", we guarantee you a 75-99.89% match(based on personality only) with that someone special. So don't wait for the sun to rise! Ignite your engine; step on the pedal! Make this a heart pounding night! With "Love Me Right", you'll find someone whose enitre universe will be you~

 

"Pinku, what am I doing with my life?" He tells his dog dejectedly, who flicks her ears in sympathy, as he clicks install.

 

 

In a few moments, he hears a ding, signifying the app's installation process was complete. 

 

Welcome to Love Me Right, Sehun~ 

You have 5 new matches! 

You have 1 new message!

Kai: If you are a woman, swerve me to the left please. If not, then hello ;)

 

For the second time that day, Sehun is disgusted; a surprisingly new record.

 

*ting*

 

You have 1 new message!

 

 

Buo Xian: Hello, it's nice to meet you.

 

 

Maybe it's not that disgusting after all...

`

`

`

`

`


 

Thanks for reading! :D

Also to avoid confusion, Sehun doesn't know Baekhyun's Chinese name or any nicknames etc.