Money

Desire

Tavia finds a pile of money in her house, as she question Kate about it, she realises somethings are very true...

Tavia woke up late next morning, she looked around, somehow she was back at her own house. It was a sunday morning, she could tell as the sun's weak ray shone through the small window of her room. She pulled the covers over her head, 'what happened yesterday night...was it just her imagination,' she thought to herself, 'but it seemed real.' It was weird and Tavia didn't understand why either, but she seemed to put her fingers over , 'if it was real...then...that guy was the first person I kissed...'

The door to Tavia's room opened slowly, and a young girl with a small smile on her face creeped in. As Tavia took the covers off her, the girl leapt onto her, causing Tavia to loose balance and fall off the bed. The girl laughed in hysteric at the sight Tavia was in.

"This is so not funny Kate," Tavia said whilst laughing at herself.

"Really, but your laughing too Tav, you know, I Kate Tsui am a star at making people happy," the girl named Kate Tsui declared.

"Oh Kate, I don't need your charm, I'm always happy..." Tavia retorted with a smile as she got up.

Kate's expression changed to concern after what Tavia said, "but Tavia you were...yesterday night..."

Tavia looked deep into her friends face and saw her expression expressed more than concern. She uttered the words out , "what actually happened to me yesterday night Kate?"

Kate jumped off the bed and headed out the door, "did you say you wanted tea Tav...I'll go and get it now..."

Tavia grabbed onto Kate's arm and held her back gently, "Kate, I know you heard me clearly...it's no big deal to me...so please tell me what you saw...?"

Kate didn't bother to look at Tavia but started to drag her to her room. Tavia followed wondering what Kate was about to show her. Her heart was beating fairly quickly at the tension, but not as much as yesterday night. Yesterday night...so what happened was real and true. Tavia's eyes widened at the sight of the pile of money on Kate's bed. She walked over and took hold of a small handful of the cash.

"Where did all this come from...?" Tavia asked with a trembling voice.

"Last night, a guy carried you back here Tav...and then this morning when I went to get the newspaper, these money were already at the front door," Kate slowly replied, "I have no clue where this is all from, I was hoping you do..."

As Tavia stared at the money she could only think of that very scene...He looked at Tavia with demanding eyes as he said, "From Now On, You're Mine..." That guy couldn't have possibily kept to his words and really have bought her, could he......? Tavia started to gather the money back into the cases. Kate helped her as they both carried it back down and placed it near the door.

"Tav, what are we going to do with all this...?" Kate asked.

"We'll take it to the police station tomorrow morning, I don't know where this money is from but..." Tavia started to say.

"But this money seems abnormal and I don't want to keep it either," Kate finished with a smile, "but why tomorrow Tav?"

Tavia gently pinched Kate's nose with a big smile, "because...Kate, it's your doctors appointment today, I will never miss that!"

Kate smiled and hugged Tavia. She always felt safe and took care off around Tavia, especially when she's disabled herself. If she had a choice she wished she wasn't disabeled, then she could help Tav by working and earn money.

* * * *

 

Tavia entered the bar through the back door. She was just glad the doctors said Kate was in a relatively good condition, but she wanted to earn more money. She wanted to help Kate badly, not just basic living but she hoped she could afford to go to America with Kate. People have been saying the doctors over there are really good with disabeled people. She got dressed into her uniform and went out into the counter. Tavia was suprised, as the bar was completely empty. The owner of the bar came up to Tavia with a white envelope.

"Tavia Yeung, this is this months pay and also a letter to say your officially unemployed," the boss said without hesitation.

Tavia stared at her boss with disbeleif, "but why, what did I do...please I really need this job...I need the money..."

"I'm sorry Tavia, I'm only a small businessman, I can't simply afford you..." replied the boss as he started to walk away, "please give me back the uniform, you are a good employee but...best of luck for the future."

 

Tavia tried calling after her boss but she couldn't say a word. 'What did he mean by...can't afford me...?' Tavia thought,

'My monthly wage is even less than the other peoples who work here...'

"Miss Yeung, haven't you realised yet that you're no longer free to do what you want...?"

Tavia turned to see who was speaking. She looked at the pretty girl, who was wearing a really smart suite, her long hair neatly tied. She looked like the type of business women you see in everyday television, but more beautiful. Behind her there was stood two men, they looked like bodyguards. Although she seems to be no older than Tavia, she was definately not an ordinary person.

"Who are you, what do you want?" Tavia finally asked with a demanding stare.

"My name is Selena Li, I work for my master - who he has specifically sent me to collect an item he rightfully owns..."