3/?

Eyes closed, head first (can't lose)

It's all about leather jackets: 3032


The college lights are glaringly bright as per usual; florescent lights might be better for the environment but they're not the most flattering lighting, Minghao thinks as he twirls his pencil one last time before shoving the thing into his backpack. As he stretches, his shirt riding up, the blonde overhears a group of females murmuring his name. Almost immediately his ears start to burn, cheeks turning  a rosy pink, as he struggles to zip up his backpack. He almost has it too before he hears Jun's name just five syllables away from his own and promptly starts to choke. Oh god, it's like middle-school all over again when that group of girls stared at him and giggled and he almost cried. And Minghao absolutely didn't run away when they started to walk towards him, nope, not at all. 

 

"Minghao!" 

 

Jumping at the sudden outburst, Minghao clutches his heart as he stares daggers at a leggy brunette with pin-straight her. "Nana," he regards dryly, walking towards the exit of the language arts building, but is rather dejected when the silent-treatment doesn't get rid of the older female, "Is there a reason why you're following me?"

 

Nana tuts, wagging a thin finger, "A little birdy told me you're Jun's new toy."

 

Toy? Toy! Minghao coughs hard enough that it hurts his chest and he swears that his organs rearrange. "Toy!" He denounces with a mix of disgust and disbelief, an expression he's mastered thanks to Mingyu and his many questionable comments. He's about to deny it until he remembers whose jacket he's wearing, then he just shuts his mouth and blushes fifty shades of red. 

 

Nana seems to know who the jacket belongs to as well if her squinted leer was anything to go by. Walking pass her, with much difficulty Minghao might add, he finally joins the reset of the scattered students. 

 

Minghao could sympathize with the ones who were walking with their head bowed down, life seeming to have been out of them; mid-terms were hell for everyone. Finally, he makes it to the large iron gates that guarded the school from the rest of the world. At least, that's what it felt like to Minghao every time he walks out. He turns left, about to walk until he remembers that he has no clue where the new flat is. 

 

"Ugh, I knew I should've gotten the address," he bemoans, smacking his head because the nearest available tree is about a block up.

 

"Oh, Baobei, I finally found you," a voice, contradicting soft yet loud, calls out. Minghao curses in Mandarin, turning around to land Soonyoung a firm glare but the blonde isn't deterred one bit as the older man slows down into an awkward half-walk-half-jog until they're just a foot away from one another. 

 

"What did I say about calling me baobei," Minghao grits, face heating up.

 

Soonyoung seems to ignore him though, grabbing his hand and leading him—well, he's unsure where the man is leading him but he hopes it's back to the apartment. 

 


It's not the flat, of course it isn't the flat. Minghao tries to hold in a pained sigh as Soonyoung literally drags him into a pet store. He'd be more annoyed if it wasn't for those damned window-dogs and their stupid puppy eyes that made his heart ache because he couldn't adopt all of them. His mother was so wrong when she had said he'd grow out of his crazed love for dogs phase. 

 

"Oh, hyung, you're back," a deep voice comments from the counter. Tearing his gaze from the dog pen, the door slowly shutting behind him, Minghao stares at a black-haired teen that he does a double-take at because there's no way that deep of a voice could come from such a cute boy. Then again, Wonwoo-

 

"Hey there Dowoonie," Soonyoung greets, giving the high-schooler a cursory glance before going back to tap the glass of the snake display. Minghao half wonders how the blonde has survived this long in life, also, was that snake glaring at them?

 

Minghao jumps when the deep-voiced teen, suddenly beside him, comments, "He comes in here almost every other day," with a small smile. Minghao's shoulders slump in defeat, smiling softly before leaving to head over to the tiny puppies in the oddly coloured pink pen. The teen, his name-tag reading 'Dowoon' in bold green letters, follows. 

 

"All of these dogs are mutts, about four months old. Are you and Soonyoung looking to get one? Did Jun-ssi finally move out," Dowoon finishes but the question is directed towards the preoccupied Soonyoung.

 

Minghao misses the conversation, totally engrossed in the tiny dogs as he lifts one up. "So fluffy," he chants revrently, finally giving in and rubbing his cheek against the barking pup's head. 

 

"Has Younghyun-ssi been gossiping again," Soonyoung comments but there's some sort of edge to it causing Minghao to snap out of his trance. Cuddling the puppy closer, he turns around to see Dowoon blushing while Soonyoung's grinning.

 

There's a tense silence causing Minghao to focus on the flickering light in the way back near the unstocked boxes of dog food. It's almost as if the puppy can sense the tense air because, after quivering in Minghao's thin arms, he hears something dripping. 

 

Dowoon gasps first, apologizing profusely. Minghao's unsure why until he looks down and realizes what the dog has done; Jun is going to kill him.

 

"He peed!" 

 

Soonyoung quickly calls them a taxi, Dowoon still apologizing right up until the taxi comes and picks him up. It feels like the ride lasts for an hour, but when they finally get off, he runs into the housing and takes the elevator, Soonyoung barely managing to get on before the metal doors close.

 

"Jun's going to kill me," he wails, "what am I going to do?!"

 

Soonyoung bites his lips, "It's okay, we just have to wash it."

 

Minghao nods in agreement, probably the single worst decision he's ever made in his life if he doesn't count not knocking on Wonwoo's door that one time after the male was done with his shower. What weirdo likes to air dry himself? Minghao cringes at the memory.

 

The apartment is as cold as it is modern, the clear glass and  granite counters cold to the touch and when Minghao sheds the black leather jacket, Soonyoung taking it, he shivers at the drastic temperature change. Also, peculiarly, Jun is nowhere in sight. Looking at his phone, he furrows his brows as the bright screen reads that it's just fifteen minutes till six. Then he remembers that he has no clue what Jun's schedule is or his classes. Why did he even care? The man basically made it sound like he was some sort of 'toy' to him. Dragging his hand over his exhausted face, he goes to the open den space. The living room is a step lower than the rest of the house, the wooden floor being cut off and turned to carpet. Minghao welcomes the soft feeling, flexing his socked toes, as he lazily plops himself down on the sleek black couch. The wall on the left isn't even a wall, but rather a giant glass window that allows the setting sun to battle the cold tone of the whole suite. 

 

Curling up, Minghao suddenly perks up when Soonyoung enters the room again, a reassuring grin on his face.
 

"The jacket is in the washing machine," Soonyoung comments with a thumbs up. 

 

Relief floods Minghao's sense. 

 

"Now, what are we going to eat," the elder comments, crossing the kitchen to the shinning refrigerator. 

 


When Jun comes back to the flat it's one AM on the dot. Minghao stops his studying to venture out of his room in order to get a snack, a wool sweater over his already long-sleeved pajamas, before stopping in the freezing hallway. He can't make out what's happening at first, Jun's back facing toward him but Soonyoung's looking straight at him with a panicked gaze that clearly read for him to stop walking. A sinking feeling in his gut, Minghao goes and hides in the bathroom, peeking his head out as he realizes why Soonyoung had stopped him.

 

Christ, he ruined Jun's jacket. The only thing Jun told him not to do and he goes and does it. He partially blames Soonyoung for dragging him to that forsaken pet shop and that Dowoon guy for letting him pick up the puppy. 

 

Why did God hate him?

 

Minghao can't see how bad the damage is, but from what he can tell by Soonyoung waving it around, the leather jacket had shrunk at least twice it's original size. 

 

Gosh darn you Soonyoung, speak up, Minghao thinks as he strains to hear the heated exchange. It's all for not though, because Jun's voice is too low and Soonyoung might as well be using hand signs. Sighing, he's about to step out and tell Jun it was his fault the jacket was like that until the talking suddenly halts.

 

Peering his head around the corner, he watches in mild confusion as Jun hugs Soonyoung tightly, the blonde's face partially obscured but the other blonde still has one eye open. When their gazes meet, Minghao tries to read the man's face. It doesn't really help since he can only see the blonde's eye and part of his forehead but he doubts he'd be any less confused if he saw his whole face—reading people wasn't really his forte. But, either Jun was being uncharacteristically nice or he was trying to kill Soonyoung by hugging him to death. Well, that was...that. Creeping out of the—what had to be sub-zero temperature—bathroom, Minghao shakes his head and slips back inside his room without so much as a peep. He wonders what Jun would have done if he was in Soonyoung's shoes instead. Probably dead right now. There's not telling with that male. Still...

 

He picks up his discarded phone, the battery in the yellow (he'll probably forget to charge it overnight like always) and debates if he should post something on the group message. In the end he does, the text reading are you guys sure I can't just stay with one of you with one of the begging stickers LINE offers. Not even ten minutes later all his friends text back gripping about how it's one in the morning and that they're sleeping like normal people and he should be too.

 

Minghao rolls his eyes. It's only one; his friends are weak. 

 


The sun isn't up when Minghao is. That statement perfectly sums up his whole life which has always revolved around school. It's much too early to be thinking about how lackluster his life is, however; and instead focuses on the stupid tag of his overly large soft pink hoodie. He's most likely going to regret not cutting the thing off, but again, he doesn't trust his half-asleep self around sharp objects. He pads across the wooden floors, slippers softly smaking the flooring as he sees Jun wide awake. He gets flashbacks to last night--gross. 

 

On the brightside, Jun is fully clothed, thank god. The brunette is hovering over a bowl of what smells to be some sort of porridge. Minghao's unsure if he should ask what kind, hovering between the end of the hallway.
 

As if sensing his presence, Jun lifts his head up and lands him a bored gaze. 

 

"Is this how you're going to look at me every time in the morning, because if it is I might just start to sleep in.

 

"S-sorry," Minghao mumbles, feeling smaller.

 

There's a heavy sigh. "Whatever, there's cabbage porridge in the pot." Placing his bowl in the sink, Jun slinks over to the couch, zipping his grey turtleneck up all the way as he balances his laptop on his knees. 

 

Minghao wonders if it's safe to start moving but eventually makes his way over to the heavenly smelling porridge. It looks good but then again so does Jun yet he's still a huge jerk. Minghao gets himself a small bowl and cautionsly taks a bite. His eyes dilate as the savory taste blooms across his tongue, quickly scarfing the whole bowl down in a matter of seconds that would probably put Seokmin's eating game to shame. 

 

"It's like no one feeds you," Jun comments from the couch, eyes lighted in amusement but it's hardly noticible on his lips, "by the way, you owe me a new jacket. It hasn't even been a week but you're already another pain in my ." 

 

There's no heat behind the comment but Minghao stares down at the counter guiltily. Don't cry don't cry, he repeats over-and-over, the mantra almost becoming meaningless until Jun pipes up again, but this time his voice is softer; dare Minghao say even soothing. 

 

"Hey, hey, don't take it so seriously. Soonyoung's a huge pain in the too but he seems to like you so I guess you're okay."

 

Gee, thanks. It's better than nothing, Minghao supposes, and goes back for a second serving. By the time he's done eating, this time chewing at a slower pace, it's time to leave if he wants to get to his first class on time. And he certainly doesn't want a repeat of last time, so before he walks out the door he calls over his arm, "Don't follow me this time!"

 

"Wait! It's really cold today, let me give you a ride."
 

Yeah, confined in a small space with just Jun didn't sound so great. "No thanks hyung, I'll be okay." 

 

Ten minutes go by before Minghao's back inside the flat, Jun greeting him with a smug smirk and it takes Minghao all his willpower not to just walk out and slam the door along the way. Jun's car is, for lack of better words, exactly like him if he were in car form. The body is narrow and pretty with the richest shade of red that seemed to shimmer despite the fact the sky was overcast. Sliding into the passenger seat, Minghao shivers as the cream upholstery seeps its icy fingers into him.

 

"I'd offer a ride yesterday but Soonyoung ing left a whole case of soda in here and the goddamn cans exploded. I had to go into the shop and re-do the whole thing," Jun grumbles, gesturing to the back seats. 

 

Seriously, how is Soonyoung not dead?

 

By some amazing luck (most likely brought on by Satan himself) the two of them manage to hit their third red-light in a row. Minghao groans, resting his head against the curve of where the window met the rest of the car door. 

 

"So, I heard Soonyoung also called you baobei," Jun casually states, pulling the car slightly forward. 

 

Minghao suddenly shoots up at the memory, "I almost forgot about that," he hisses, hitting the arm rest in frustration, "the whole cafeteria heard it too!"

 

Jun just laughs, the jerk.


"I heard that Jun dropped you off," Mingyu quips up as he draws his bowstring taut. Minghao rolls his eyes but doesn't comment. "You know silence is you basically saying yes," he says with a grin, releasing the drawstring only for the arrow to land pathetically a few steps away from him.

 

"At least you looked cool," A girl comments causing Minghao to snort. 

 

When it's Minghao's turn to go, he takes the light-weight arrow and is about to draw the string back when Mingyu interrupts his concentration. "If Jun was a school subject, what subject do you think he'd be."

 

Minghao doesn't bother to turn around but he does roll his eyes. 

 

"Hey, I saw that!"

 

"Fine, math."

 

"Really, why?"

 

Minghao shrugs, pulling the string back, "Because, both are hard to figure out and cause me endless frustration," he comments lackadaisically, aiming for the red of the target. "Plus, I want to throw him out the window sometimes."

 

Mingyu raises a brow, "If math were a person you'd throw them out the window?"

 

Just before Minghao releases the arrow, his friend goes on to comment how Jun would be more like language arts because you'd be slammed with homework and “have to do him all night long”. Minghao blames missing the bulls-eye because of his disgusting friend and shoots an imaginary arrow at his smiling face.

 


When it's time to leave again, Minghao convinces Seokmin to text Soonyoung asking for the address of the apartment because he refuses to save his two roommates numbers into his phone, not wanting to associate with them more than he has to. Jisoo calls him out for being childish but he quickly retorts with "have you met them?" and the auburn haired male just shrugs at that, acquiescing. 

 

"You should give them a chance," Seokmin pipes up with a smile that effectively makes Minghao feel like a ty person.

 

"I told you guys," Mingyu butts in with a knowing look that immediately alerts everyone that what he's going to say next might get him punched in the face, "it's just because they're too hot for Minghao to handle."

 

Wonwoo sends a glare towards the tall boy before Minghao can, "What, are you checking them out," he questions roughly. If it were any normal person with any self-preservation instinct they would have stopped talking or maybe run away. But since Mingyu is, well, Mingyu, he just grins at Wonwoo and winks.

 

"If I was?"
 

The moment Wonwoo pins Mingyu to the ground Minghao takes that as his cue to leave. Christ, how they managed to actually find girlfriends who didn't feel like constant third-wheels was beyond all of them.

 

It takes him at least twenty minutes to walk to the suite, and that's with him fast-walking, god knows how long it would take him if he were going at a leisurely pace, but when he punches the passcode to the apartment he's immediately assaulted by a small bundle of fur and adorableness.

 

"You got a dog," he utters, bag dropping to the floor as he kneels to hug the tiny puppy.

 

Soonyoung scrambles, placing his hands tightly on Minghao's sharp shoulders and shaking the poor blonde, "We have to hide him from Jun!"


A/N: Okay guys, I went over the chapter and realized it was too long so I cut it in half, the preview you saw on the not update is for the next one. And to answer a few questions that might come up, yes, Jun has a dislike for dogs and Minghao still is vehemently against getting to know his two idiot roommates. Fun times! I feel like the biggest shock though is the fact that Mingu and Wonwoo aren't dating xD and I did add day6 members because I'm weak for them OTL expect a lot more idols showing up and making Minghao's life hard