1/?

Eyes closed, head first (can't lose)

Life is weird that way: 2769


 

Being an adult isn't really fun and Minghao wishes he could go back in time and tell his younger self to stop acting so mature and enjoy youth because adult life will definitely screw him over. And, that when he does get to college, to just live in the student dorms or at least get a roommate because wow is he broke. But no, Minghao wanted to show his parents he was an adult and could take care of himself and now he's balled up on his bed hiding under his covers, enjoying the soft mattress for as long as he can until his lease is up.

 

And there's another thing, make sure you can afford a place by yourself for at least the end of the first semester or else you're gonna be homeless just two months into college.

 

Minghao just groans more at the thought of having to spend his nights on the cold street of Seoul. “What did I even do to deserve this,” he laments, rolling around the bed before glaring at the ceiling with an indignant huff. After much deliberation, Minghao concludes that he's much too cute to live on the street and if Plan A (doing streets performances to earn money) fails he could always crash with Jisoo and Wonwoo.

 

Too caught up in his crumbling life, Minghao fails to hear the door to his bedroom open until another body plops on top of him. He squirms under the dead weight, glaring up a brightly grinning face of his best-friend.

 

“Seokmin-hyung, you're crushing me.” Seokmin just grins wider though, re-distributing his weight so that he wasn't crushing Minghao's lungs. “Why don't you knock like normal people?”

 

The brunette hums, nuzzling his head in the crook of Minghao's neck. He shivers at the initial contact, bleached hair standing on end, as he feels the older boys lips move but the words just come out as a mere mumble. Minghao doubts Seokmin even tried enunciate; just drawled out the words lazily in whatever dialect the student's drama teacher inflicted upon him this time. Which reminded Minghao.

 

“Why are you here instead of rehearsal?”

 

Leaving the crook of the Minghao's neck for his bony chest instead, Seokmin closes his eyes and seems to immerse himself at the pace of Minghao's heartbeat instead—how un-seokmin like.

 

Minghao manages to wiggle an arm free so he can run his hands through the brunette's thick hair.

 

“This is the seventh time I've found you in a blanket burrito,” Seokmin eventually chimes out. The tone is serious (also very un-seokmin like) but Minghao can't help but giggle at the choice of words because seriously, blanket burrito? Out of all the possible combinations to describe his current state of distress his friends compares it to food? Seokmin doesn't seem as amused though, if the light jab to to his side is anything to go by.

 

“Hey, I'm genuinely worried about you!”

 

“Don't be, I can handle it.”

 

Seokmin frowns, “And what exactly is this “it” you're referring too?”

 

Minghao just retreats further into his blanket burrito.

 

Seokmin groans, tightening his hold, “You can't avoid your problems forever,” he chastises in a voice that reminds Minghao too much of Jisoo. He thinks the two should stop spending so much time together or else Seokmin might morph into a second mother-hen of their group.

 

“We'll just see about that,” Minghao replies but it's muffled by three layers of blankets and he doubts Seokmin hears it.

 

 

Seokmin was right, of course Seokmin was right. Honestly, Minghao hates that even though the brunette is just one year more into college he seems to know everything. He slaps his phone down, using his arms as a makeshift pillow.

 

Of course Seokmin takes his sweet time asking what's wrong, choosing first to finish whatever page he was reading, taking a bite out of his muffin, looking at his phone, before he questions what's wrong with the blonde.

 

“You know, for someone who wouldn't stop bugging me two days ago, you sure take your time,” Minghao grumbles, “I need help.”
 

“Can you be more specific. I'm pretty sure everyone in our group needs some form of help.”

 

Minghao idly kicks his feet up, hitting the table's leg gently, “I, ah, can't afford my apartment anymore...” he trails off with an embarrassed blush.

 

Seokmin gasps.

 

“What?!”

 

“Shh, keep it down, people are staring.”

 

Seokmin sits back down, his lips, but his apprehensive expression doesn't leave. “How fast do you need to find a place?” Again, at the answer Seokmin jumps back on his feet, mouth open incredulously, “that soon!” Minghao makes a mental note to never tell Seokmin anything unless they're out of earshot of anyone else.

 

“I thought I could handle it.”

 

“Oh god,” Seokmin groans, “what was your plan?”

 

At this, Minghao blushes again, fingers mushing together as he bites his bottom lip, “That I could, maybe, possibly, stay with Jisoo-hyung?”

 

“That's impossible. You know that they only have enough room for two people. Plus, how would they hide you from the resident advisor?”

 

“They hid having a bunny for a month before,” Minghao protests.

 

Seokmin shakes his head, running a hand through his up-do as he tries not to sigh, “Minghao, there's a difference between hiding a a fifteen pound rabbit and,” he gestures wildly at him, “you.” And of course Minghao knew that, he should have come up with a better Plan B in all honesty; he blames it on his still developing brain.

 

“Well, if I can't room with you guys, what am I going to do?”

 

Seokmin his chin in thought, eyes staring up and to the right. “You know,” he starts, tongue darting out to his lips, “there's this one guy, Soonyoung, in my Physics 251, and I heard him mention that him and his roommate need a third person. I could-”

 

Before Seokmin can finish Minghao's darting across the table, barely managing to miss the—what was probably—luke-warm coffee, as he tries his best to hug his best-friend.

 

“Oh my gosh hyung you're a lifesaver,” he squels, quickly detaching, and there's such gleam of happiness in his eyes Seokmin can't bring himself to say that it isn't a guarantee. Heck, he'd probably sell a kidney if it would make Minghao happy.

 

 

It's approximately a week before Minghao's lease is up and Seokmin hasn't mentioned that Soonyoung guy since a fortnight. It's not that he isn't grateful for Seokmin's help, but he's kind of on a time crunch now and needs to know if he'll be homeless or not. Please god let it be not.

 

Minghao wants to desperately go back to bed and roll himself into a blanket burrito, but Seokmin's recital of..what play was it again? He looks down at his program. Oh right, Shakespeare. How could he not remember one of the most popular play writers in the history of forever? Minghao shakes his head again, choosing to lean against Mingyu.

 

One of the reasons why Minghao loves sitting beside Mingyu during these plays is that because he's the only one taller than him in the group and thus he can comfortably rest his head against the male without waking up with a knot.

 

“Going to sleep so soon,” Mingyu jokes, wrapping an arm around the blonde's thin waist, bringing him closer so that the position would be more comfortable.

 

If Minghao wasn't so sleep-deprived from those mid-term exams he would be embarrassed by the fact that they were acting like a couple. Unlike Mingyu's lack of faith in him, Minghao manages to stay awake through the first half of “Midsummer's Night Dream” but once intermission hits and he rests his eyes, he's knocked out for the rest of the play.

 

The last thing he hears is Mingyu's soft snoring. The hypocrite.

 

What he wakes up to, however; isn't. He hears high-pitched cackling before he sees anything, but once he manages to groggily wake up, he immediately wants to go back to sleep. Mingyu's awake already, scrolling through his phone, and he's thankful that the male didn't decide to just up and leave.

 

“Oh, you're up?”

 

Minghao yawns, pushing away from the brunette's shoulder, “Yeah, what did I miss,” he mumbles, staring at Seokmin who's slapping the back of some shorter blonde with small eyes. It vaguely reminds Minghao of a cat.

 

Mingyu shakes his head, “who knows,” he states before standing up to stretch. “Also, I would have left earlier, but every time I tried to move you held on tighter.” Sliding his phone back into his pocket, Mingyu grins, all pearly whites and sharp canines, as he gives a two-finger salute, “Sayonara.” Turning on his heels to leave.

 

“Oh, Minghao, you're up,” Seokmin states and immediately Minghao feels like reeling back. He sort of hoped Seokmin wouldn't have noticed. “Hey,” Seokmin continues with a smile, bringing him over to greet the other blonde.

 

“This is Soonyoung-ssi, the one who I said needed a roommate.”

 

Minghao balls the sleeves of his sweater up, “I-It's nice to meet you.”

 

Soonyoung laughs, eyes practically disappearing. “He's cute.” It's not like Minghao hasn't heard that before, but he still blushes, distressed noises leaving his lips as Seokmin joins in on teasing him. Minghao has half a mind to just up and leave but part of him can't help but glow under the praise.

 

“What about your other roommate,” Seokmin inquires, the after-buzz from the successful play starting to wear off.

 

Soonyoung's smile lessens (which in hindsight Minghao should have payed attention to), “Oh, Junhui? He's fine with anyone, hes just ah...well, he's a good guy,” Soonyoung manages to finish but it lacks conviction.

 

Minghao stares at Seokmin and wonders if the brunette had taken notice.

 

“Oh, well Minghao is good with anyone. Right?”

 

God, for someone who acts a lot Seokmin was terrible at reading other people.

 

“R-right...”

 

“Great! Since the rent is split three ways, you'll be able to afford the first month, right?”

 

Minghao nods, unsure if he wants to move in now but it's not like he has much of a choice. Well, he's allowed at least one reckless decision since it is his first year of college, right? They seal the deal by shaking hands—Soonyoung musing his hair before leaving.

 

Seokmin watches in amusement as Minghao fixes his hair with a frown.

 

“He seems really hyper...”

 

“Yeah, but if you can handle Mingyu you can handle anyone,” Seokmin muses with a grin.

 

Minghao groans, “Yeah, but that doesn't mean I want to.”

 

With little effort, Seokmin leads them to the edge of the stage, patting his lap half-jokingly but Minghao takes the invitation. They shuffle around each other until Minghao's comfortable and Seokmin winds his arms around him, forehead resting against the blonde's shoulder blade.

 

“Thank you, hyung.”

 

Seokmin chuckles, “You can repay me by taking my math test tomorrow.”

 

 

This is it, today is the day Minghao moves in with two other strangers. He gulps, pacing his now packed room as the rest of his friends watch from the barren bed, a mixture of exasperation (mainly Seungcheol) and snickering (mainly Mingyu).

 

“Are we going or not,” Wonwoo complains, rubbing his tired eyes with his fist. Seungcheol elbows his side and Jisoo reprimands the eldest because of course he does.

 

“Are you guys sure you can't hide me,” Minghao asks, finally done with trying to attempt to wear a tread onto the floor.

 

“Unless you can suddenly transform into a bunny,” Wonwoo replies with a small smirk. If looks could kill Minghao would be in prison by now.

 

“Okay guys,” Seokmin finally, and rather unnecessarily, shouts, “Soonyoung texted me and said to bring all Minghao's stuff down. They sent a taxi I guess.”

 

 

“This,” Wonwoo starts slack jawed, “this isn't a taxi. You guys see this too, right,” he questions, eyes still glued on the obsidian black limousine. The car glitters under the sun and it just reeks of elegance that Minghao's a little intimidated but at the same time he get's to ride in a limousine. How awesome is that?

 

Mingyu takes a picture, “I'm so sending this to Hansol.”

 

“Yes, well, Master Wen is waiting, shall I take your bags?” Everyone looks to the driver, who they had momentarily forgot was there, and leave the bags to pile inside the elongated car. The inside was just as luxurious as they had imagined. The seats were a black leather, the carpet was soft to the touch and there was enough space for a small table to fit between the facing seats. Mingyu stretches his legs though and takes up half of his side, forcing Wonwoo, Seungcheol, and Jisoo to cram together.

 

“So, who's this Wen guy,” Mingyu asks, twisting his body as his fingers pass over random buttons like a child at a candy store.

 

Seokmin tilts his head, “It could be the other roommate, Junhui? Soonyoung-hyung didn't tell me the guy was rich though.

 

“What if he's some sort of drug dealer,” Jisoo whispers, eyes shifting to the driver, as he leans in closer. “Did you guys even do background checks?”

 

“No, because they believe in people being decent human beings,” Seungcheol interrupts. Of course this leads to another quarrel between the self-appointed mom and dad.

 

The car ride is long, at least too long for Minghao but considering he can fall asleep just five minutes into a bus ride (everyone refuses to let him ride the bus alone ever since he woke up half-way across the country) that doesn't say much.

 

Mighao eventually wakes up to someone shaking him vigirously. It's not Seokmin nor Wonwoo—how scandelous.

 

“Do you know where we are,” Wonwoo whispers heatedly and Minghao can't tell if he should be frightened or not.

 

“N-no...”

 

“We're in ing-”

 

“Wonwoo, language,” Jisoo yells form outside. Minghao's like ninety-percent sure that whenever someone cusses the American's ears actually ring.

 

“Whatever. We're in Gangnam, the richest part of Seoul. Your roommates live in a villa,” Wonwoo finishes with wide eyes that look uncharacteristically cute.

 

“G-Gangnam?”

 

Minghao slides out of the car, rubbing his eyes blearily as he watches the driver and Seuncheol take his bags. This must be the “villa” Wonwoo was talking about, Minghao thinks as he stares at the large building decorated lavishly (perhaps a little too lavishly) with rows of flowers and marble fountains. If anything, it resembled a nice, if compact, looking hotel.

 

“Okay, this is ridiculous,” Minghao hears Seungcheol mutter as they step inside. The lobby is a little chilly, the walls decorated with paintings of flowers, but the black haired male was probably referring to the chandelier hanging precariously in the middle of the ceiling.

 

Jisoo's the first one to ask what they were all thinking.

 

“Who are these people?”

 

The driver or butler or whatever the middle-aged guy's occupation was, clears his throat, “Oh, Soonyoung-ssi didn't tell you?” At this the elevator dings. The well dressed man leads them to the last door on the right, buzzing the intercom. A voice speaks in Mandarin telling them to come in.

 

Immediately entering the door, Minghao's greeted with the large living room fit with a plasma screen television. Mighao just stares, afraid that if he breathes this will just turn out to be some sort of dream.

 

When the butler person leads Seungcheol to Minghao's new room, everyone else still soaking up the lavish villa to move, there's a high-pitched shriek of “Jun”. Feet moving on their own, Minghao runs into his new kitchen as he watches Soonyoung running back and forth in front of a- was that microwave smoking?

 

“What the hell, Soonyoung,” another voice growls. Minghao's shoved aside, right into Wonwoo's chest, as he watches a brunette just clad in a shower towel turn on the kitchen vent. “This is the third one this month,” the guy, Jun, growls, glaring heatedly at the sheepishly grinning blonde.

 

“I know, oh, hey Minghao.” Soonyoung shoots a grin at him and finally Minghao's other roommate turns around so he can get a good look at the guy.

 

Minghao gulps, unsure where to stare because Jun—was it Junhui—is like some walking statue with his muscular but slim build and abs. Dear god, what did he get himself into?

 

“He's cute.”

 

Minghao makes a b-line for the door but Wonwoo's strong arms stop him.

 

“No, I change my mind! Let me go,” he yells, scrawny arms reaching out, hoping to grab onto something; anything.

 

Seokmin shoots Junhui and Soonyoung an apologetic smile.

 

“Sorry, he doesn't do well with meeting new people.”

 

Mingyu snorts, “Especially if one of them is half ...”


A/N: Hey guys! I hope you liked the first chapter, and I know here was a lot more Minghao x Seokmin moments but now that Ming is aquanited with Jun and Soonyoung now things are going to get a little more interesting ;) and by more I mean Minghao is going to get a lot of headaches in the near future lol Remember to comment/subscribe if you like the story, please and thank you