2/?

Eyes closed, head first (can't lose)

Like a Bathub: 2282


“Don't leave me, don't leave me, don't leave me,” Minghao chants quietly, hugging onto Mingyu's waist as the brunette struggles to leave the very luxurious flat. Minghao just tightens his grip, burying his face in the taller student's side, and ignores the whispers between Soonyoung and Jun behind him. Okay, so maybe agreeing to room with people he doesn't even know is partially his fault but he didn't think the people he would be staying with would be this—this unbelievably weird!

 

Jun didn't even bother to get dressed, still clad in a towel and Minghao's too afraid to turn around in fear that if he does he might just combust. Mingyu whines, enlisting the help of a very reluctant Jisoo to pry the blonde off.

 

“Call us,” Seungcheol whispers as everyone else files out of the room, “if one of them tries anything.” And by “one of them” Minghao knows the brunette is mostly referring to Jun who gives Seungcheol a lazy wave when the sandy brunette looks over to give him a slanted look. Closing the door, Minghao shakes his head “you can do this” he chants, turning on his heels to face a bored looking Jun and curiously excited Soonyoung.

 

“Yay! You're finally our roommate,” the blonde sings, dashing over and god, what was the guy trying to do? Strangle the life out of him?

 

“Hoshi,” Jun interrupts with a roll of his eyes, “stop before you hurt the poor kid.”

 

Kid?

 

“Kid,” Minghao repeats with a frown, “I'm an adult thank you very much,” he huffs with his arms crossed. Jun effectively ignores him though, pushing himself off the back of a leather chair as he walks—more like struts—down the hallway. Minghao hopes it's in order to get dressed.

 

“Don't mind him,” Soonyoung says with a brilliant smile (okay he needs to stop being so happy unless he wants Minghao to confuse him with Seokmin). Letting his shoulders slump, Minghao bites his lip, shifting his feet awkwardly because without his friends with him he's about as good with meeting new people as Jisoo is with dancing—meaning no one should ever have to witness that. “Are you hungry,” Soonyoung asks as he goes back into the kitchen. Truthfully, Minghao's starving but, he eyeballs the microwave, he doesn't really feel like getting food-poisoning today.

 

Soonyoung laughs, retreating from the kitchen, “You're probably right not to trust me. Jun is more of the cook anyways,” he explains with a grin.

 

“A-ah...”

 

Turning on the TV, Minghao curls up on the other side of the couch, trying to take up as little space as possible. All-in-all Soonyoung isn't a bad person, maybe a little air-headed and ditzy (it reminds Minghao of Seokmin when they first met) but nothing he can't handle. Jun on the other hand...

 

“Oh, Jun, are you going out again?” Soounyoung inquires, not bothering to tear his eyes away from the show as Jun reappears in very stylish clothing.

 

Scrunching his nose, Minghao can't help but dislike everything about Jun. The man seems reckless with money with a giant chip on his ice-cold shoulder.

 

“Yeah,” adjusting the cuffs on his tailored suit jacket, Jun and Minghao's eyes meet briefly. There's a flash of emotions, barely bubbling on the surface, of Jun's eyes like a storm before everything changes back to dead waters. Minghao blinks, unsure if it was just his tired mind playing tricks on him or not. He goes with his mind playing tricks on him because he's honestly doesn't want want to think about Jun more than he has to.

 

“Be safe,” Soonyoung calls out as Jun leaves.

 

Turning his attention from the TV, Minghao clicks his tongue against the roof of his mouth, “Is Jun going out on a school day?”

 

There's a scuffle on the TV as someone slides down into a moat of water. Minghao identifies the winner as Mark from Got7. The crowd goes wild, most of the girls do anyway, but Minghao doesn't know if it's because Mark won or because his shirt is so clingy and thin you can make out his abs. Probably a combination of both. When a commercial finally comes on, Soonyoung turns his attention toward him, “Jun doesn't really care about college that much honestly,” he starts casually. Minghao can't help it though, his face contorts into one of shock, why is he going to college in the first place then? “He's really smart actually, scratch that; he's all around perfect. He could probably ace all of his classes if he tried.” Closing his mouth, Minghao bites his bottom lip. Great, now he just hates Jun more now.

 

Here he is studying his of 24/7 and Jun can just easily ace a class without even trying? On top of that the guy is disarrmingly handsome and apparently a good cook.

 

“Life isn't fair, huh?”

 

Minghao shakes his head and mumbles, “You're telling me.”

 

 

The first night isn't as awful as Minghao thought it would be he begrudgingly admits. He wakes up to the sound of his obnoxious alarm clock, a dirty outdated thing that requires an excessive amount of force on the button for it to turn off. The Sun's barely creeping up, the room still painted over in cold tones, but Minghao feels well rested. He plants his feet firmly on the wooden floor, shivering a little as the cold nips at his toes, but manages to get out of bed. He dresses first, taking out a sky-blue sweater two sizes too big and slipping into a pair of straight-leg black jeans, he heads into the living room.

 

He stops just a step shy of actually entering the room because he spots Jun, or rather Jun spots him, leaning against the kitchen island in all his half- glory. Seriously, did this guy have something against clothes?

 

“Take a picture, it lasts longer,” the brunette taunts. Minghao flushes bright red but keeps his mouth shut tightly. He debates if he should get something to eat, lord knows he can't afford to miss a meal with how stick thin he is, but with Jun staring at him like he's some sort of commoner he much rather go without breakfast. Taking a tentative seat on the couch, he starts looking through his SNS feed.

 

“Aren't you hungry?”

 

Minghao says “No” in record time but as if the universe was against him his stomach growls a second later. Jun laughs and it's husky and gravel rough causing Minghao to blush more than what was probably humanly possible, “Your stomach disagrees. You can eat whatever's in here, Soonyoung would probably kill me if I let our new roommate starve.”

 

Minghao moves when his heart has calmed down, watching Jun wearily just in case the brunette tries anything fishy.

 

When the two of them are just an arms length apart, that's when Minghao notices the colorful bruises adorning his chest and neck. “Did you get in a fight,” he questions, nose scrunching confusion as the taller man laughs, head thrown back.

 

“I guess you could say that we were fighting with our mouths.”

 

Oh.

 

“Oh,” Minghao mutters in slight disgust; Jun's shamelessness suddenly making him uncomfortable.

 

“Oh, both of you are awake already,” Soonyoung's exuberent voice yells. Minghao watches in slight confusion that quickly morphs into horror as he realizes the blonde is covered in paint. “Wait, hyung!” He yells putting his arms up but Soonyoung already has him and Jun in a bear hug.

 

“Were you painting your room again,” Jun asks, unfazed but that's only because he's just in boxers unlike Minghao. If looks could kill Soonyoung would definitely be dead by now.

 

Minghao tries not to scream as he pushes Soonyoung away, pouting sadly as he stares down at the ugly mess adorning his favourite sweater. “I feel like I just murdered a puppy,” Soonyoung states mournfully, “it's okay Minghao, Jun will pay for dry cleaning!”

 

“Yah, you can't just offer things like that!”

 

 

When Minghao finally arrives to school he's thirty minutes late for class and it's all Soonyoung's fault and Seoul's stupid traffic and why are there so many cars? He's sure the population of cars is twice that of people. Never in all eighteen years of Minghao's life has he ever ran so fast but then again he never thought someone as handsome as Jun would run after him—yet here they are. “Leave me alone,” he yells behind his shoulder. Jun's probably much more athletic and the student could easily catch up to him; Minghao thinks the guy just likes teasing him.

 

This would probably be person's dream, being chased by Jun, but Minghao doesn't have time to play games and wow, does the Chinese male have a lot of stamina because he's already feeling winded.

 

Minghao twists the door open to the classroom and is about to slam it in Jun's face but Minghao's too slow. Cursing his luck, Minghao spins to see his teacher staring with a quirked eyebrow and disapproving glare that's oddly not directed toward him? He looks back at a smiling Jun in confusion.

 

“Mr. Wen, what an unpleasant surprise. I never thought an upstanding student like Minghao would be anywhere near you.”

 

Minghao feels like he should be insulted—probably not more than Jun though.

 

“You know who I am? My reputation must precede me then,” Jun retaliates, placing a hand on Minghao's shoulder and the blonde is all sorts of confused and every synonym that went with it. As the teacher's gaze slides away from Jun to Minghao, the latter stiffens to cardboard under the disappointed gaze. Minghao hasn't even known Jun for 24 hours, yet the male seems like he's already ruining his life.

 

“Minghao, you're thirty minutes late, I shouldn't even allow you in class,” Minghao lets his head hang, fingers gripping at his denim jeans and he feels tears prick at the corner of his eyes, “but I'll excuse it this time. Take a seat, and Mr. Wen, please never come to my class ever again.”

 

Minghao lets out a breath of relief, but before he can leave Jun spins him around, taking off his leather jacket and shoving it in the blonde's face.

 

“To show,” he explains, gesturing to the entire student body, all of whom watch with some sort of erted fascination, “that you belong to me and Soonyoung.”

 

Okay, that definitely sounded like someone's wet dream but Minghao being, well, himself, it sounds more like a nightmare. Taking the jacket with shaking hands—he wasn't stupid enough to reject the offering—he slipped it on because despite how much he might dislike Jun, he was freezing his off. Why were all of his sweaters so thin?

 

Jun ruffles his hair, “Try not to ruin the jacket, it costs more than anything you own.”

 

God, what a giant jerk.

 

 

“Siri, remind me to kill Seokmin.”
 

Seokmin shivers, curling behind Jeonghan as he pouts in the general direction of the fuming blonde. “What did I do,” he whines with a wiggle of his body. Glaring, Minghao sets down his phone, throwing his hands in the air, “What did you do,” he repeats, “you set me up with two bozos is what he you did,” he hisses as he leans over the circular table, eyes nothing but thin slits.

 

“Fight, fight, fight,” Mingyu chants with a giggle only to stop short as Jisoo pinches his arm. “Ow, hyuuung!”

 

“It can't be that bad,” Jeonghan adds with a not-so-helpful smile.

 

Minghao groans, covering his hands over his face, “It is. Especially that Jun guy he's like—like a shark! Only worse than a shark because sharks aren't that bad! He's a vending machine,” he finishes with such finality that he misses everyone's confused glances.

 

Wonwoo asks what they were all thinking, “A vending machine?”

 

“Because vending machines actually kills more people per year than sharks,” Seokmin interrupts. Everyone casts the aspiring veterinarian a look, “You'd understand if you were there,” he says with a small blush.

 

A boy with bright pink hair takes up the last available seat, “Alright losers, why does it look like Minghao's soul left his body?”

 

Mingyu rolls his eyes, “First of all, rude, secondly Minghao's bummed because his roommates are too good-looking for him to handle-”

 

Minghao blushes, reaching his long leg under the table to hit the taller boy in the shin, “Yah, that's not the reason!”

 

“Something about vending machines,” Wonwoo adds unhelpfully.

 

“Jeez, if you guys didn't want me to know all you had to do was say so,” the pink haired man says, throwing his banana milk at Jisoo. Just as things settle down, Seokmin still trying to convince Minghao not to kill him, Soonyoung trespasses into their little bubble and hangs off of Minghao much to the other blonde's chagrin.

 

Soonyoung ignores Seokmin's greeting along with all the stares coming from not only Minghao's group of friends, but also everyone in the cafeteria, “Ah, baobei, I found you,” he chimes out.

 

Minghao almost chokes on his fry, “W-what did you just call me?!”

 

Soonyoung blinks, “What? Baobei? Junnie told me to call you that, why, what does it mean?”

 

Shaking the blonde off, Minghao slams his hands down on the table, “See! He's worse than a vending machine now, he's like a, a-”

 

“Bathtub,” Seokmin interjects, feeling a little bad for his best-friend.

 

“Yes! A bathtub, thank you!”

 

A heavy silence overtakes the whole cafeteria as Soonyoung just stares in confusion at Minghao. Eventually, when someone coughs, the collective silence collapses in one big wave as everyone goes back to eating. Jisoo rubs the back of his neck, “I don't think I followed any of this conversation to be honest.”


A/N: I'm so sorry for the wait guys! So yeah, more characterization, mostly on Jun's part. Can anyone guess what his job is? It's rather glamorous^^ Poor Seokmin, it's really Minghao's fault for signing the papers so quickly :P but yeah Jun is kind of a and Soonyoung is slightly more bearable but not by much lol And vending machines do really kill more people than sharks, the more you know~ If you like the story please don't forgeto to comment/subscribe, thank you!