Chapter Four

I Should Have Never

Sehun felt horrible when he woke up that morning. One thing was that he had a horrible headache, and it was probably from the lack of sleep. It wasn’t his fault that he had insomnia.  Another problem was that he was just thinking about the letter that he gave to Chanyeol, that one bratty drummer.

He didn’t really complain much though. What was done was done.

Sehun then walked across the hallway to the bathroom, where he lazily brushed his teeth, looking at himself in the mirror with the same lazy expression. After he finished, he walked back the hallway to his room, where he changed quickly, before going down the stairs for the third time that week.

Taking his breakfast out the microwave, he sat down on the table and silently ate it.

Baekhyun would be out for a week due to school-work. Sehun couldn’t really complain though. He actually thought that his older brother was really caring. The older had taken a few jobs here and there, all being at cafés. But he also had managed to study for some majors in college while working. He always wondered how he had the time,

They did get a whole lot of money from their father, Yixing, every month. People would always comment on how Sehun and Baekhyun didn’t look like their father, Of course they didn’t. The two of them were adopted, and the truth didn’t really hurt anyone.

Picking at some of the last remains on his plate, he took out his journal and started to write something in it before the doorbell rang. Sehun closed his journal and slipped it into his bag before gathering the rest of his things. He slipped on his shoes, and opened the door, revealing none other than Xiumin.

 

“What took you so long.” Xiumin asked as they walked together towards the school. Sehun just shrugged, which earned him a questioning look from the elder. “Ah, hyung’s out of town.”

 

Sehun just nodded. The rest of the walk to school was silent.

 

Once again, Sehun and Xiumin were the first ones in their homeroom, and that’s where Xiumin broke the silence.  “How was yesterday for you?”

 

“Please don’t even get me started.” Sehun groaned, banging his head onto his desk with a ‘pang!’. Xiumin cringed at the sound, and Sehun just sighed. “I should have never gave him that letter…”

 

The other’s head perked up at the subject. “Wait. What was in that letter anyways? A confession? Your phone number?”

For the second time that week, Sehun was debating on weather to kill Xiumin or not while giving him a death glare. Xiumin just laughed, throwing his head back with amusement written all over his face. Sehun got up from his seat, walking out the classroom door. He paused, and looked back to Xiumin. “C’mon, I want to go practice that piece together.”

Xiumin grinned. “Thought you’d never ask.”

 

They walked all the way down the hall, to the empty music room that consisted of only a sleek, black, grand piano. It was such a simple room, but it held so many memories for the two of them as friends. Xiumin walked over to the further corner of the room, picking up his violin case. It was kind of a long walk, since the room was quite large, but you had to make sure that the violin wasn’t too hot or too cold. Same with the piano.

After retrieving the violin out the case, Xiumin walked over to Sehun who was already seated at the piano bench. They tuned the violin together, and once it was perfectly tuned, they started playing the piece that they composed together. The piece wasn’t anywhere near finished, and was quite short, but it still held many words.

 

    Chanyeol slept well last night, he would admit that. But even so, he had a horrible headache. He had woken up this morning to a Luhan blabbering about who-knows-what. D.O was already up, and Kris was still sleeping. He wasn’t quite happy, being that non-morning person he was. Even so, they still had to go to school. It was the only place that would allow the band to use the practice room freely.

Now, the four of them walked down the halls to the room. As Chanyeol tried to massage his poor aching head (and Luhan’s blabbering wasn’t making him feel any better at all), he thought he heard some kind of melody from the other unused practice room. It seemed D.O heard it too, since he shushed Luhan, the only one talking.

And then they heard it clearly.

It was a sweet, melody being played on the piano, and the faint sound of a violin accompanying it. The melody being played matched so well, and it sounded so professional. Chanyeol had never heard the tune before either, the sound or the consistency.  The melody of it wasn’t too harsh, nor sort. It was perfect. The thing that caught the attention of Chanyeol though, being able to play the piano himself, was that it seemed to have a hint of a sadness. It would be unnoticeable, but certain parts would give it away. It seemed to be telling  a story of something perfect that wasn’t actually perfect. Confusing as it may sound, it made a whole lot of sense if you felt the same way. And Chanyeol did.

He knew exactly how it felt.

 

D.O had motioned for the rest of them to come, not wanting to disturb the other musicians. Luhan had finally stopped talking for a while, and Kris’s brain seemed to be able to function properly since he wasn’t bumping into anything. Chanyeol was originally silent so nothing was thought of him from their leader.

 

As they walked (tiptoed) quietly past the other room, Chanyeol thought that he would just glance at the people who were making such beautiful music.

He wasn’t expecting to see the profile of that sassy second-year Sehun and his friend Xiumin (He had actually remembered his name since Luhan wouldn’t stop talking about the two).

Pretending he never saw anything, Chanyeol just kept walking forward into their practice room, the second empty music room that nobody used. This room seemed about the same size as the other empty room. The only difference was that EXO’s practice room seemed to have previously been a band room whereas the other was previously a orchestra room.

“What are we going to do today, ‘cause I don’t think the walls are can block out the sound of our songs.” Kris pointed out while closing the door behind him. Luhan looked up.

 

“Well, we could always work on some lyrics for new songs or something. I think some of our songs need a goodbye stage. They’re getting pretty old.” Everyone looked over to him, nodding in agreement.

 

“Who would’ve thought that Luhan could actually come up with ideas?”


“Hey!”

Word count-1156 [Not edited]

IM SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE. I JUST FINISHED MY MID-TERMS AND STUFF.

AND INSTEAD OF PRE WRITING THIS OUT, I'VE BEEN READING JiKook ON WATTPAD. OPPS..

I hope you guys like this tho... I THINK I NEED HELP WITH YOONGI