Skype Chat (Taengsic/OT9) - Part. II

Life is Certainly Strange

“Oh, would you look at that? Is my eyes playing tricks on me or is Kim Taeyeon actually crying right now?”

Taeyeon would usually roll her eyes at the girl’s teasings, but this time she couldn’t care less if she was crying her eyes out. Instead, she laughed happily as she wiped away the tears from her eyes. “I miss you so much, you idiot.”

Jessica made an ‘aww’ sound, leaning closer to the screen while pouting out her lips as cutely as possible. “I miss you too, my baby boo.”

“Yah, yah, yah! Don’t call her ‘baby boo’, only I can call her that!” Tiffany jealously stated, pulling Taeyeon closer with a sidehug. “So you only miss Taetae, huh? What about me, ?”

Jessica chuckled. “Come on, why would I not miss my favotire Cali girl?”

Tiffany showed her bright eyesmile, giving Jessica a thumbs up. “Love you, bae~”

“Hey, what about the rest of us, Sica?” Yuri intervened, trying to lean closer to the laptop screen with Tiffany trying to push the tanned girl away as she began to feel that the tanned girl was too close to her and was squeezing her slightly. “Fany-ah, stop pushing me!”

“Kwon Yuri, you better stop torturing Miyoung here. I think she’s about to kick you out of the couch,” Jessica smirked, shaking her head at her friend’s antics. “And I miss all of you guys, okay? Like, THIS much.”

“Doesn’t seem like you missed us THAT much, though,” Hyoyeon doubted with Sooyoung, Yoona and Seohyun nodding her head.

Jessica rolled her eyes. “You don’t believe me? Fine then, I’m ending the call-“

“WAIT, NO NO NO! We’re just kidding, unnie, you really do miss us!” Yoona panicked, waving her hands in front of her.

Sooyoung started making kissing noises, and enabled herself to produce a cringeworthy aegyo. “Sooyoungie woves Sica soooo much!”

Seohyun giggled. “Don’t expect any aegyo from me, unnie, I’m not like them.”

Sunny smiled and patted Seohyun’s head lightly. “I pray that you never ever become like those two es.”

Jessica began to laugh loudly while clapping both of her hands, causing the eight other girls to laugh along with her. For a moment there, it felt like nothing happened. No drama, no rumors being spread, no hate, everything was the same as it should be. And they were glad they feel that way.

-

Taeyeon sighed, closing her eyes momentarily. “Finally, some peace and quiet.”

“Um, I’m still here, you know. I’m not exactly the closest definition to the word ‘quiet’, let alone ‘peace’,” Jessica said, chuckling as she saw  Taeyeon stuck her tongue out on her laptop screen.

“Looks who’s trying to be funny,” Taeyeon yawned, even though she wasn’t that sleepy but moreover due to the amount of activities she had to run throughout the day. “Anyways, how’s life in China?”

“You make it sound like I’m Chinese or something,” Jessica shrugged. “It’s fine, I guess. Been going around the world these past few months, meeting new people, visiting new places. You know, very exclusive things only a superhot fashion designer could ever experience.”

“I feel like I wanna barf,” Taeyeon faked a vomit motion, trying to mimic the sound of puking when she let out a small burp from . “Oh geez, that did not taste good.”

Jessica laughed at the cute sight and shook her head. “What in the world that you even ate for dinner?”

Taeyeon thought for a moment before saying, “Three plates of takoyaki, some ramen and a can of Coca Cola.”

Jessica grimaced at the mention of unhealthy food that was digested by the timid leader. “Okay, you seriously need to cool down on the junk food, Taengoo. I swear, if I ever visit you guys, I’ll be the one cooking both breakfast, lunch and dinner.”

Taeyeon snorted, trying to hold back a laugh. “You can cook?”

Jessica gasped dramatically, placing her hand on her chest. “Kim Taeyeon, are you seriously doubting my cooking skills?”

Taeyeon nodded. “Mhmm.”

Jessica opened to speak, but then she paused and think for a few seconds before replying, “Yeah, I guess you’re right.”

Taeyeon’s lips formed a small smile as her eyes continued to stare at Jessica Jung. Her ears didn’t quite catch what the American was rambling about, but she believe that it’s something to do with her being the greatest chef of all time. Even though Taeyeon knows that Jessica’s cooking has improved far beyond her wildest expectations, it saddens her that she or any of the other members wasn’t personally there to see it. The seperation between has been going for more than a year now, but with each passing second, they knew that the bond will never break. Taeyeon was sure of that.

But if destiny is planning to things up between them, then she has no idea what to be sure of from then on.

“Yohoo, Earth to Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon blinked a couple of times. “Affirmative.”

Jessica groaned, slapping her own forehead. “You weren’t even listening, huh?”

Taeyeon innocently shook her head. “Nope.”

Jessica rolled her eyes, sighing. “This is going to be a long Skype call...”

Taeyeon giggled, and stayed silent for a while. Jessica, on the other hand, noticed the girl’s behavior and raised an eyebrow. “Um, Taeyeon. What are you-“

Taeyeon shushed Jessica before the girl could finish her question. “I just wanna look at you for a moment." And with an odd expression, Jessica decided to zip and let Taeyeon do her thing.

One thing the leader noticed was how natural the girl looked. Without any make up on her face, Jessica was still able to radiate a significant aura of beauty and youth. And even though the Jessica she’s currently staring at now is certainly different than the Jessica she knew several years ago, it’s nice to see that the girl didn’t seem to change one single bit. Lovable, kind, caring, honest (even when she can be a bit too much at times), fun, sarcastic and sometimes dorky. The characteristics that symbolizes Jessica Jung; the ‘ice queen’ of SNSD. It’s a ridiculous nickname, Taeyeon has to admit, but it’s cute. Just like the girl herself.

Taeyeon smiled, tilting her head slightly to the left. “You look so gorgeous, Sica.”

Something inside Jessica stirred her, immediately feeling a feeling of warmth enveloping her in an invisible embrace. Her heart skipped a bit and her cheeks blushed to the color of a fresh tomato. Taeyeon has always been good with words, whether if it’s for comfort, humor or even a simple compliment. And Jessica always fell right into her trap.

“T-Thanks... Wow, you literally left me speechless once again, Tae, I don’t know how you do it after all these years.”

Taeyeon winked, before chuckling. “So, you checked out my mini album yet?”

“Duh, of course, bought it on iTunes AND I also have the physical copy as well,” Jessica grinned, grabbing something behind thew webcam and came back with Taeyeon’s album in her hand. She kissed it playfully before resting it on her lap. “I gotta say, babe, you managed to tear me up here and there.”

Taeyeon gave the girl a thumbs up, and replied, “Thank you~”

“Buuuuut... if I have to be honest here,” Jessica showed a pitiful look before changing it into a teasing one. “I really, really likethe new f(x) album more.”

“Wait WHAT? Come on, I just said my thanks to you and THIS is how you repay me?” Taeyeon exclaimed, an expression that showed disbelief and disappointment left Jessica in a laughing mess. “I swear, you’re the worst friend ever sometimes.”

“But Taengoo, Soojung-ah worked super duper hard for the album,” Jessica smirked. “Love is four walls~ neoro chaeun mirror, mirror~”

“I’m ending the Skype call.”

“YAH, DON’T YOU DARE KIM TAEYEON!”

“OR ELSE WHAT, JUNG SOOYEON!”

“OH, YOU’RE SERIOUSLY GONNA GET IT NOW, MIDGET!”

“YOU CAN’T EVEN FREAKING HIT ME, FOR GOD’S SAKE!”

“I’M UNFOLLOWING YOU ON INSTAGRAM!”

A few seconds of silence.

“YAH, YAH, YAH! OKAY, I’M SORRY, I’M SORRY!”