Chapter 2

Our destiny

"How is he, doctor? Has he been making any progress?" Leeteuk asked the doctor when they paid Donghae another visit. It has been roughly a month since Eunhyuk's death. They came every single day but every single day, they always got a heartbreak. It wasn't that Donghae didn't want to see them but Donghae never uttered a word to them and he never even responded to them. However, as his good friends, there was no way they would give up easily on him. Personally, they were very tired. Tired of seeing their friend that had been going through a lof of hardships with them turned into someone they never imagined to. But that's life, nobody can predict what will happen next.

The doctor shook his head with a gloomy expression on his face. All of them heaved a sigh as they probably had expected it and they knew exactly what the doctor was going to tell them. "His condition isn't getting any better. I'm afraid to say this but I think you all have the right to know. My team and I have confirmed that he can't be cured. People that can be cured usually would make a progress within a week or probably two. Well -maximum three. However in this case, Donghae never even responds to his surroundings. If you notice, he only eats when he feels hungry which is more likely to be once a day and that is not good for his health, and I mean his physical health. That explains why he is getting skinnier each day. He never moves if he doesn't need to. He spends his days staring onto the ceiling and murmuring things that only him can understand. We believe that he has isolated himself in his own world or what we call here as building and living his own imagination."

It was really something much beyond their expectation. they thought that Donghae would at least get a chance to be cured. They didn't really care how long it would take, but as long as there were a chance for their friend to be normal again, they would be willing to do anything for him. However, the doctor just told them that Donghae had absolutely zero chance and that broke their hearts.

"You are kidding, aren't you?" Khyunyun's voice was shaking as a tear escaped his eyes. The others were also silently sobbing when they heard the bad news.

The doctor sighed, "I'm afraid not."

"So, what do you suggest?" Leeteuk was still trying to be tough although he was also so broken.

"I can't suggest anything. That is against my protocol. However, I am allowed to give you some options. From my doctor's perspective, you only have two choices. First, let him stay here for forever. The consideration here is he will not die by committing suicide and he will harm nobody. Second, take him back to home. He might, I say might, not will. He might have a chance because here, we don't have things to make his memory of sense back, and the theraphy simply doesn't work on him. At home, he will be a bit familiar at least and surrounded by people that care about him.  Even though he is crazy, he still can feel people's love." The doctor said.

"I believe we've known that, doctor. What are you trying to say actually?" Heechul asked. The doctor seemed to be hesitant for a moment before Leetuk urged him, "You can tell us everything and we promise to tell nobody. Like you've said, everything that involves or is about our friend, we have the right to know."

He sighed before speaking with a low voice, "As a doctor, I will say that you better keep him here. Let us take the responsibility because that is the reason why this hospital exists in the first place. However, as a human, as a person, based on my conscious, I would say that it's better he is home with the people that love him despite of all the risks." 

A small smile started to appear on each of their faces.

"I thought you don't suggest?" Siwon raised a brow, obviosuly was teasing the doctor.

"You never heard it from me." The doctor smiled a bit.


They have discussed it with Donghae's parents and both of them agreed to take their son home regardless his condition. 

"Donghae, you are now home. This is your room." Sungmin said patiently as he showed Donghae his room. His room was untouched. Things were still at places where they had been when Donghae left. A picture of him and Eunhyuk was still hung on the wall whereas beside that was a photo of their group -SUJU.

For a moment, Donghae seemed to show no expression, but when his eyes landed on his photo with Eunhyuk, he started smiling idiotically while taking the photo. He pointed the photo numurous time as he asked, "Where is he?"

The others were suprised to see his action just now and they didn't know how to react.It was impossible to tell him the truth that Eunhyuk was dead. Donghae might cry or scream histerically and that was not what they wanted, obviously.

Donghae's eyes were demanding for answers, yet none of them dared to speak. "I ask you, where is he?" Donghae repeated his question and his tone was very demanding that time.

"Errr... He is long gone." Kyuhyun braced himself to answer.

"What do you mean?" Donghae frowned. He was like a child that lost his most precious toy.

"I mean, he is gone. He is now far far away from here but he is happy." Khyunhyun spoke again.

"Do you know when he will be back?" Donghae asked again. This time with a slight of hope in his voice. 

"I'm not sure, Donghae. I really am not." Kyuhyun stuttered.

"Alright then, I'll just wait for him." He said, smiling a bit. He laid on his bed with one hand hugging the pillow and the other one holding their photo. After making sure that Donghae was safe and in a stable condition, they went out for awhile.

"What was that?" Yesung asked immediately. 

"I have no idea." Siwon shrugged.

"One thing I know for sure, he now has a chance!" Leeteuk smiled.

"Are you sure?"  Ryeowook asked innocently because he still doubted it.

"Very sure." Leeteuk said confidently. 

"How exactly are we going to help him?" Sungmin asked.

"We have google!" Leetuk said.


That night, Super Junior agreed to stay at Donghae's place. When they were sure that Donghae had slept, they all went upstairs to the room where Leeteuk, Heechul, Kangin, and Yesung were sleeping at. There, Leetuk and Heechul had done some researches.

"What have we got?" Siwon asked.

"Not much. But I found this interesting blog. Basically, it's about a psychiatrist that helped a girl who had a crazy sister but surprisingly, she is now back to normal. I think we should give this method a try." Heechul said as he opened the blog for them. They all read the bllog and gave various comments.

"I doubt it will work!" Ryeowook spoke.

"It's too dangerous! He might be even sadder, you know and that ain't gonna help him!" Yesung also disagreed.

"Look at his condition! Can he even be worse?" Kyuhyun spoke out.

"Of course he can! Don't you remember the first time? He didn't even respond us! But now he does! What if this will make him back not to normal but to the first time when he heard Eunhyuk's death?" Sungmin said.

"But he too isn't living now! What's the difference?" Siwon stood up for Kyuhyun.

"You did read the blog, right? The psychiatrist even has stated that this method hasn't been aprroved to be a good way to bring back someone's sanity. This hasn't been approved to be a legal medication act which means it is highly dangerous and the chance is very low!" Kangin argued.

"Yes, I know. You don't have to tell me something that I have known! I can read perfectly! What I'm saying is if we do nothing now, it will be harder for him each day! He can't be worse! He is not making any progress. He still lost his sanity. The difference now is the fact that he is willing to speak to us. I doubt he remembers us though, but at least, he makes interaction! I still believe that this method will work on him." Kyuhyun stood up.

The situation was getting tenser and Leeteuk was wise enoguh to stop them.

"Stop it guys! Remember why we are here. We are here to help Donghae. Now, what's your opinion, Shindong? I notice that you just stayed quiet and spoke nothing." Leeteuk said.

Shindong shrugged lightly as he said, "Everybody was so busy talking and argueing and I just didn't want to make it worse so I just shut up. But if you really want to know my opinion, personally, I think we should give it a try. I agree with Kyuhyun and Siwon although I believe that Donghae can be worse. I mean, talking to us is actually a progress, right? But, in this case, we have to take this chance despite of the risk because isn't it what we do all the time in our life? We make a choice. Every choice has the risk, so why not now? There is no difference, at least from my perspective." 

"I agree! One hundred percent agree with you." Heechul said.

"So, how about you, Kangin, Yesung, Sungmin, and Ryeowook? Do you now agree or should we search other ways?" Leeteuk then asked. Four of them slowly nodded.

"Well, I didn't realize it before, I apologize." Yesung said.

"Me too." Kangin, Ryeowook, and Sungmin said almost instantly.

"Well then, the decision has been made! Let's do it guys! We must do it carefully and of course, correectly! Because I really have a good feeling about this." Leetuk smiled widely. Everybody in the room slowly smiled widely. Leetuk was a great leader. He was not chosen as a leader for nothing. He was verry wise, understanding, a good listener, motivator, mentor, you name it! As a leader, he had a very good instinct and to hear from him that he had a good feeling regarding this thing, they believed that the chance was pretty high.


 

A/N Finally updated! Please let me know what you think about this story XD Thanks!