Proloque

Our destiny

It was a beautiful evening when the two lovebirds decided to end the date by watching the sunset. They laid down on the soft grass comfortably as they told stories and shared laughs together. Suddenly, Donghae turned silent and his eyes showed that he was thinking about something.

Eunhyuk lightly nudged him and made the later looked at him.

"What are you thinking, hae?" 

"I'm just wondering..." He said. Eunhyuk waited for Donghae to finish his sentence, but Donghae seemed to be back into his deep thoughts.

Eunhyuk decided to break the silence once again, "About?" Donghae turned to his boyfriend as he spoke, "How lucky I am to have you and what would I do without you." Eunhyuk slapped his arm lightly, however he still couldn't hide a smile that was slowly formed on his lips and he blushed slightly.

"What?" Donghae asked him in a playful manner.

"Don't do it again, I'm not fluttered." Eunhyuk made a face but Donghae did know that his boyfriend was touched.

"I didn't say that to make you fluttered anyway, I am serious." Donghae chuckled.

"Well then, tell me."

"I think I can see myself without you." Donghae said and Eunhyuk's face reddened once again.

"What will you do without me?" Donghae asked him back out of the blue.

For a moment, Eunhyuk thought the question was quite funny, however when he turned to look at Donghae, he could tell that he was serious. He didn't need to think as he directly replied, "I will be dead."

Donghae straightened upon hearing his boyfriend's answer, eyes widened in shock as he said, "Don't be joking."

"I'm not, I would rather die than not be with you." Eunhyuk replied seriously.

Donghae laid back and encircled his arm around Eunhyuk as he said, "Well, that's not gonna happen anyways." He chukled and so did Eunhyuk before they kissed under the beautiful evening sky.

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************

It's been two years since that day. Unfortunately something happened to test their love.

"I won't marry her, dad!" Eunhyuk yelled upon hearing his father's request.

 

"My decision is final and irrevocable." His father said stirctly. His mom were glancing worriedly at the two as both of them were standing with fury burning inside them.

"I don't care, I won't marry her. I don't love her!" Eunyuk said stubbornly.

"You have to! You are such a disgrace in this family! What whould people think if you are going to marry that man?" His father exclaimed, and Eunhyuk kew that hisf ather was referring to Donghae.

"I don't care what people think! Why can't you accept the fact that I'm a gay? It's not like I can order my heart whom to love!" Eunhyuk argued.

"The impact will be too big and I can't take that risk, Eunhyuk. I know that it is frustrating, but don't you think you have to be cured?" His father softened as he saw his son was in the edge of tears.

Eunhyuk harshly wiped his tears away as he spoke, "The thing is... I can't unlove him, dad. I'd rather die than not be with him."

"Don't be ridiculous, son!" His mom jumped out from her seat as she was so surprised with what her son just uttered.

"I'm not."

"Yes, you are."

"Look okay, if you do not want to accept me and my ubnormality, I better not be the part of this family again." Eunhyuk stated and was ready to go when a hand held him back.

"You choose him more that us, your parents? You are nuts!" His father was beyond furious as he landed a hard slap right on Eunhyuk's cheek. Eunhyuk just stared bravely at his father, "No. But I won't marry her at all cost. If oneday I am married to someone, it will be Donghae, dad."

With that, he ran from house. There was only one person that he wanted to see, Lee Donghae.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************

"WHAT?" Donghae couldn't hide his surprise when he heard what Eunhyuk just said.

"I can't. I need you. I don't wamt to marry her. What about us?" His voice was barely a whisper.

Donghae kept being silent for a moment. Eunhyuk was so worried about him. "It's over, Eun." 

Eunhyuk's eyes widen in horror, tears were threatened to fall from the brim of his eyes. "What are you talking about? We made a promise! YOu promised!" He said emotionally.

"Promise is meant to be broken, right?" Donghae stared at his lover coldly. Eunhyuk really could not understand Donghae. He thought they were meant to be forever.

"But what about-? We- We are forever, right?" He choked in between his tears.

"Yes, but our forever ends today." Donghae said and stood up from his seat.

"You know what's funny?" Eunhyuk also stood up and made a gesture. Donghae just raised his brows.

"Today is October 31st, means it is halloween day. I feel like these are all scarier than ghosts and other scary creatures!" Eunhyuk uttered and took a step backward.

"This is our good bye, right?" He still hoped that Donghae would stop him, he really hoped that Donghae would fight for their love. But instead, Donghae was just standing there, and he even nodded before saying, "Yes, good bye, Eun." And with that, Donghae left him without even looking back to Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk was so broken that he couldn't hold his tears anymore. They were now falling down from his eyes. Little did he know, Donghae did feel the same. However, he knew better that even if they fought for their love, all would be in vain. His parents, Eunhyuk's parents, even most of their friends were all against them. So, he decided what they were supposed to do long time ago, burried their love. He knew that it would not be easy for both of them, but they had to.

Meanwhile, Eunhyuk couldn't think straight anymore. He didn't know where he got the courage from, but he really did want to do it. He took one step forward to the edge of the cliff before closing his eyes. Just one more step, and all the pain would be gone. A smile was formed in his lips as he remembered the special line he uttered to Donghae 2 years ago, "I would rather die than not be with you." With that, he took a leap, he could feel the pressure that kept pushing him downward, yet he didn't want to open his eyes. It was Donghae's face and Donghae's name that he memorized and uttered the last with his last breath.