Chapter 10

Bad Boy, Good Boy

 

Chapter 10
For the next week you swap between hanging out with SungJong, WooHyun and L. You practice the music piece until you have it and are sure about it. You have practiced it with the guys and it’s sounding very nice which you are all pleased with. Soon most of the week has passed, it is only one day until the performance. You are sitting in maths when you suddenly remember that you haven’t old SungJong about it. You start writing a note and when the teacher is writing something on the board you quickly pass it to him.
‘Hey SungJong. I’m doing a music performance with 2 guys from my music class tomorrow. I was wondering if you wanted to come and watch’
SungJong reads it and then smiles at you and nods signifying that he would love to. He turns the note over and writes a reply and then holds it subtly up for you to read.
‘Love to, talk more after the lesson’
You nod and then go back to concentrating. After class you tell SungJong all the details such as where, what time and who’s performing.
“I can’t wait to see it (~~), I bet it will be fantastic.”
“Ah thankyou ^_^. Oh theres WooHyun I have to just talk to him about the song. See you tomorrow?”
“Definatly”
You rush off and correct your singing mistake with WooHyun.
NEXT DAY
The awaited day had arrived, you are nervous like never before. You are standing backstage with everyone else when you decide to peek out at the audience. You are looking around the crowd when you spot SungJong. You try and catch his eye but it never works. Thinking of a better plan, you grab your phone out of your bag and text him telling him to look at the sides of the stage. You see him get the text and then look up and then at you. He smiles and does a massive wave. You smile back and poke your tongue out at him. You does the same and then pumps his fist in the HWAITING symbol. You do the same but in a mini version and then wave to him signifying that you have to go. The performances starts and all three of you wait nervously for your cue. It soon comes, you all wish each luck and get into your positions. The lights warm and the music starts, L starts singing and is soon joined by WooHyun and then by yourself. You then do your solo and you sing it with all your heart and strength. You finish it and you see WooHyun smile at you indicating that it was perfect, WooHyun starts his solo and after him comes L. You all end the song together, as the music fades the crowd roars with applause, shouting and wolf whistling. Once back stage you start dancing and jumping around, you ump onto L and hug him and then hug WooHyun. The boys laugh and hug you back.
“Perfect! I can't believe we did it!”
“I know, its a dream come true, give me a hug you stinky L. You sung the part so well. So did you (~~).”
“Oh get off WooHyun you big sappy!”
You all laugh and decide to go into the audience to view the other performances, as you findiing seats you see SungJong nearby.
“Hey guys, find some seats and I'll come after you.”
They nodd while you quietly come up to SungJong. You cover his eyes and then uncover them. He sees you and smiles widely.
“(~~) it was amazing, I didn't know you could sing like that! Here sit down.”
He pats his legs and you take them.
“Thank you, it's the first proper time I have sung in front of an audience so I was so nervous!”
“Well I couldn't see it so thats good.”
“Your so sweet, ok I better go I promised the guys I was singing with the sit with them.”
“That's ok. Ill see you after the performances?”
“Of course, if they wait around i'll introduce you to the guys. Ok seeya SungJong.”
You pat his head, smile and then head to WooHyun and L who have found seats higher up.
L and WooHyun PV
L is watching you as you start talking to a guy and then sit on his lap. He feels himself getting jealous and he curses himself for it.
“Hey WooHyun, who's the guy (~~) talking to?”
“Ummm, oh thats SungJong. She briefly told me about him. They met at her room mate, Minzy's  birthday party.”
“Ahh ok, is there anything going on between them?”
“What, no I don't think so. Why? Is someone getting jealous, does someone have a crush?”
“What, no!”
WooHyun laughs because he knows its exactly that. L found you attractive the moment he met you. L punches him in the arm and pushes his head. They stop picking on each other when they see you coming up. You come up and sit next to L.
“Hey (~~), who was that? You seem close?”
“Oh, he's a friend L. His name is SungJong. I guess we're close. We have maths together and he's really nice so yeah. Why do you ask?”
“Oh just curious. Oh the next performance is starting we better be quiet.”
You all nod and shut up and continue to watch the performances, they go for another half an hour and they all very good. The show finishes and everyone gets up and starts shuffling towards the door. Along the way Tiffany calls out the L.
“L oppa, hold up.”
“Yeah, what?”
“Do you want to have coffee. Please!”
“Well, I um.....have to”
“Wonderful, common.”
She grabs his hand and pulls him through the crowd not seeing his expression of help that is directed towards us. You and WooHyun start laughing, ahh poor L. You feel someone tap your shoulder, you turn around and see that it is SungJong.
“Ah SungJong, what did you think of the rest of the performances?”
“They were really good but I liked yours the best.”
“Hahah, really? Thanks, oh btw SungJong this is WooHyun and WooHyun this is SungJong.”
“Nice to meet you SungJong. (~~) has briefly told me about you but I would like to find out the rest for myself.”
“Really, (~~) you better have not said anything bad. But I would love to do the same, sometime this week maybe for a coffee?”
“Sounds like a plan.”
“Awesome, well I have to shoot. I have a dentists appointment and if I'm late I might not have nay teeth left when he's done with me.”
You all laugh, you hug him bye and then you and WooHyun start walking.
“Hey WooHyun do you want to come round my place for a coffee or something?”
“Hmm, yeah I wouldn't mind. I don't really feel like rescuing L. Its his fault for being so attractive.”
“Hahaha, you are such a nice friend. Common.”
You start walking and as you past the gelato shop you both stop in front on it and stare at the different flavours.
“Wanna get another one? I think we should make a tradition, that every time we are together and we pass this shop we get a gelato.”
“I think thats a wonderful ritual. Your paying this time WooHyun.”
“I knew this would happen, fine but you're paying next time.”
You laugh and nod, you decide to get one blood orange gelato and you share it between yourself. By the time you get your apartment you have both finished eating it. You reach the front door of the apartment and go to open the door with your keys but it opens easily meaning its unlocked. Minzy must be home. As you both come in you both see 2 pairs of shoes in the entryway. Minzy must have a visitor. You walk into the lounge room and see Minzy and the back of someone. WooHyun isn't behind you, he is staring at one of the shoes and his face doesn't look too good. He follows you to the lounge room and freezers when he see's the back of the person. You look at him and see that he is not himself. He grabs your hand and pulls it back, signalling to walk back but before you can do anything Minzy has already said yours and WooHyuns name. WooHyun shrinks back and squeezes you hand even more. The guy turns around and WooHyun's worst fears come true.
“Ah (~~), long time no see”
“Same to you SungGyu.”