"Youngie, I... I can't ..."

Save My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Wooyoung immediately noticed that even though Nichkhun was smiling, it didn't reach his eyes.  But that's no longer important, as long as he is smiling.

 

 

They walk towards each other.  He was reluctant to look at him in the eye.  Nichkhun was no longer smiling when he stared back at him. 

 

 

“K-Khun?”  Sadness filled his heart when he remembered that he will be leaving.  “My brother told me earlier that —

 

 

“”Please…”  Nichkhun stopped him.  “You don’t have to explain. I was the one who told Jun to let you go here after dinner.  I don’t have much time.   I’m going to leave to the airport in a few minutes to go and study in Thailand.  I came to give you this.”  Nichkhun took out something from his back.  It was a box wrapped as a gift.  

 

 

“If that’s the case, it’s true that you’re leaving.”  He received the gift.  “What’s this?”

 

 

“It’s present number two,”  he told him bitterly.  Nichkhun took his chin and looked into his face.  It was as if Nichkhun was trying to memorised his face.  

 

 

Wooyoung stared back at him.  “It’s my fault, isn’t it?” He asked.  “If I didn’t kissed you back then, you will not leave.  But I just told you what I really felt, Khun.  The truth!  Don’t leave.  If you want me to apologise, then I will.  Just don't leave.”

 

 

“Don’t do that Youngie.”  Nichkhun looked like he wanted to hug him but refused to continue.  “You don’t have to apologise because of what you said.”

 

 

“If that’s the case, what do I need to do to for you to not leave? I’ll do everything.”

 

 

 

Nichkhun took a deep breath.  “I’m also having a hard time with what’s happening, Youngie.  I want to stay, but…” He stopped, and looked like he was thinking.  “What happened was —“  Nichkhun was not able to  finish because someone called him from the entrance. 

 

 

 

Both of them looked at the source.  Wooyoung immediately felt scared when he saw Nichkhun’s father calling Nichkhun that he will be leaving. 

 

 

“Youngie…”  Nichkhun looked at him as if asking pity from Wooyoung.  

 

 

This will be the last time that he will be seeing Nichkhun so he grabbed the opportunity.  “Khun, do you love me too? More than a brother?”  He asked him and held the gift tightly around his chest.  “Do you have feelings for me as well?”

 

 

Nichkhun gulped.  “Youngie, I… I can’t.”  Wooyoung was sure that Nichkhun just didn't want him to be hurt.  “ I can’t answer your question now, Youngie.”

 

 

 “Go.  If you will not be leaving now, you might be delayed to your flight.”

 

 

“But…”  Nichkhun looked back again to his father when the latter called him.

 

 

“Go.  Don’t worry about me.”

 

 

“I dont know when will I be back or if I  will be ever be back, Youngie.  That’s the reason—

 

 

“It’s fine.  I understand.  Go.  I don't want to delay you anymore.”

 

 

“Wait.  It’s not… Don’t… Everything is…”

 

 

Wooyoung didn’t want to hear him anymore.  He passed by Nichkhun and ran towards the altar.  He kneeled in front of it and let his tears to fall.  He felt his heart dying. 

 

 

 

_————_  

 

Wooyoung opened his eyes while still lying in his bed.  He didn't tell any one of what really happened inside the church ten years ago.  He tried writing to Nichkhun but he didn’t know where to send it.  In the end, all letters that he wrote for him were burned into ashes.  He burnt all those letters together with the promise that he will forget everything that happ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter