You are my Knight

Save My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hyung, where are you going?”  Wooyoung asked his brother when he saw him and Nichkhun going our to their house.

 

 

 

Both boys turned their heads to Wooyoung, showing him different reactions.  JunK was frowning while Nichkhun was smiling. 

 

 

 

“Go back inside, Woo,”  his brother commanded and then picked up the pail in front of them.

 

 

 

“I want to go with you,”  Wooyoung pouted and went to him and held the hem of his shirt.   It was a Saturday morning and they don't have classes in school.

 

 

 

“You can’t.  You’ll just disturb while we are fishing.   Just stay here and watch your cartoon shows.” 

 

 

 

“I want to go too!   I don't want to watch TV!”  Wooyoung pouted even more and stomped his feet.  If Nichkhun wasn't there, he might have sprawled on the floor.  Why does his brother always want to leave him?  Whenever they go somewhere else, he always tell Wooyoung to stay.

 

 

 

“Maybe we could bring him with us, Jun,”  Nichkhun butted.  “Besides, it’s just nearby, I’m sure Youngie will not disturb us there.”

 

 

 

“We can’t bring that kid with us, Nichkhun, because he’s very stubborn.  He’ll just make noises that might scare the fishes and we won’t catch anything.”  He looked at Wooyoung and communicated with his eyes to go back to the living room. 

 

 

Wooyoung just stood there.  He did not waver.

 

 

“You’ll be good Youngie, right? “ Nichkhun asked him. Just like his promise, he was the only one who calls him that.  For three years that the older stayed as their neighbour, they really became close.   Wooyoung can’t help but think why was the older so fond of him.

 

 

 

 

Wooyoung doesn’t complain because he likes it that Nichkhun is over-protected of him.  And now that Wooyoung is already in high school, they see each other more often.

 

 

 

When Wooyoung nodded his head and promised that he will behave, Jun conceded and proceeded to walk.  Nichkhun promised to Jun that he’ll be responsible for Wooyoung. 

 

 

After thirty minutes of walking, Wooyoung is already tired and his feet were hurting. But he is not complaining.  He will take the pain just to be with Nichkhun.

 

 

 

“Do you want a piggy back ride, Youngie?”  Nichkhun asked.  He did not wait for his response and immediately crouched down. 

 

 

Wooyoung hesitated for a while but when he saw his brother’s eyes, he immediately wrapped his ams around Nichkhun’s neck.

 

 

In  all the while that they were walking, Wooyoung was just silent and enjoying the moment.   He can’t wait to tell Junho about this on Monday.  He can already tell his friend’s reaction and will tell him how lucky he was. 

 

 

 

When they arrive in the lake, Jun immediately prepared his fishing gears and the bait.  He sat in the stone and started fishing.  While Nichkhun laid him down and spread the blanket that they brought for him to sit on.  He then removed his shoes. 

 

 

“Are you not getting hurt with these?”   Nichkhun asked him.  Wooyoung looked at his feet with blisters. 

 

 

“I’m okay.  Just go and have fun with my brother,”  he assure him.  Nichkhun was quite hesitant to leave him alone. 

 

 

 

Nichkhun made sure that everything is okay before going to Jun and joined him fishing.  

 

 

Wooyoung’s young heart is enjoying the attention and care that Nichkhun gives to him.  He may be young to be in love, but he knows that Nichkhun will be his first when that happens.  He was his own knight in shining armour.  Ever since he met him, Nichkhun was his saviour.   He was there to protect him from school bullies, and also his mentor with the projects that give him a hard time.  

 

 

 

He remembered when his classmates made fun of him.  Nichkhun came and threatened his classmates to leave him alone.  Wooyoung then realised how popular Nichkhun was in their school.

 

 

NIchkhun was also the one who saved him from drowning in the pool.   The memory was still vivid to Wooyoung.  

 

It was Nichkhun’s birthday and they held the celebration in their house.  It was a swimming party.  

 

 

It was already afternoon when they arrived in Nichkhun’s house to greet him.  Wooyoung earned that Nichkhun was not feeling well and was recovering from a fever.  But when the latter learned their arrival, he immediately went down and joined them.  Nichkhun’s parents let him but was told not to swim.  

 

 

Wooyoung didn’t know how it happened but he soon saw himself sinking.  His parents and brother already went inside and he chose to stay for five minutes more after Nichkhun told them that he’ll watch over him. 

 

 

 

His feet can’t reach the bottom floor that’s why he was flailing his arms to go to shallower area.  He soon regretted his action as he was even director more to the deeper part of the pool.   It was already dark and only a few people stayed in the pool. No one saw him but Nichkhun who immediately dove to the water to rescue him.

 

 

Wooyoung didn't expect Nichkhun to do that.  He was panting when both them got out of the pool.  

 

 

Nichkhun’s parents scolded Nichkhun when they saw the latter wet.  But Nichkhun did not tell them what happened and just said that he really wanted to swim.  He looked like he’s more worried to Wooyoung than to himself.

 

 

 

Wooyoung blamed himself when he learned that Nichkhun didn’t feel well the next day.  The latter was not able to go to school for three days.  He secretly went to the older’s house to visit him.  Nichkhun was glad when he saw him which made Wooyoung more guilty.   He cried while saying sorry.

 

 

“Don’t worry, Youngie, I’m already fine.”  Nichkhun told him.   “Stop crying.  You don't have to blame yourself for what happened.  I will blame myself more if I just let you drown just because I might get sick again.  I will be hurt more because I can no longer see you and I will miss you for sure.”

 

 

 

Ever since then, Wooyoung experienced a lot of accidents.  He really thinks that he was born with clumsiness and was very accident-prone.  It was just fortunate that in all those times, Nichkhun came to his rescue who he thinks has a third sense whenever Wooyoung was in danger. 

 

 

He was an effective mentor too.  Consistent top student in his year level but he still finds time to challenge him with his math problems.   He was also the one helped Wooyoung to memorise his lines for the school play.

 

 

 

Nichkhun was not just a handsome and intelligent student, he was also a standout in leading his fellow students.  He became more popular when he was elected as the president of the school council.  

 

 

 

Despite his fame and popularity, Nichkhun remained simple and kind.  Never did the older refused any request from Wooyoung.  And Wooyoung was really glad whenever Nichkhun spoils him rather than his female classmates. 

 

 

For Wooyoung’s eyes and young heart, Nichkhun was perfect. 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

 

 

“CHECKMATE!” Wooyoung placed the tower piece and smiled to Nichkhun who's sulking in from of him.  It was a Saturday and Wooyoung and his brother were both in the Horvejkul’s residence.

 

 

 

“How?”  Nichkhun scratched his head,  He lowered his face to the chess board and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter