Chapter 1

Let's stop pretending
Please log in to read the full chapter

Dara’s POV

 

**Buzz Buzz**

 

I heard my phone ring for the billionth time. I groaned and glanced at the clock and saw that it was only 8 in the morning. I reached for my phone and answered it to stop the annoying ringing sound.

 

“ Hello?” I answered with my eyes still closed.

 

“ Finally you’re awake, do you know how many times I called you- don't answer that. Anyway you have a photo shoot today at 9:30, did you forget again? Whatever just get ready in 20 minutes I will pick you up” Minzy said, my manager/best friend. 

 

We were friends since I got here in New York, which was a little over five years ago. I met her in a coffee shop when I first arrived, where she used to work. She was the only korean I knew in New York at that time and then just like that we became best friends.

 

I came to New York to study fashion designing in Parsons, The new school of design which is one of the most expensive and best school for fashion schools in New York. I studied for four years and along with designing I got into modelling as well just small photo shoots at first, I got more projects and became known so the company I worked for said that I needed a manager so I recommended Minzy because at that time she needed a job as well. So that’s my life here in New York, it’s pretty lonely actually when I came her it meant good bye Korea and good bye to best friend Seung-hyun.

 

It took me a couple of seconds before I could understand what Minzy said. My eyes widened as I remembered about the photo shoot today. I bolted up from my bed and headed to the washroom.

 

“ ! I totally forgot about today, I shouldn't have binge watched those Kdramas now Im late………….. But it was totally worth it” I whispered to myself as I prepare to take a quick shower.

 

After getting ready for 20 minutes I would say I look nice, in the short amount of time that I picked my outfit and got dressed. I walked out of my apartment and headed to the entrance, I saw her waiting for me in the car.

 

“ Hey, sorry I woke up late…. again” I apologized as I got into the passenger seat.

 

“ Did you watch Kdramas again?” she asked and Im caught red handed. 

 

“Maybe” I said as I put on my seatbelt.

 

“ That means a yes” she said, she knows me too well sometimes it’s bad. “ You ready?” she added

 

“ Yup let’s go” I said sounding excited.

 

“ Let’s go! By the way you’re working with Mr. G-dragon again” she informed me and I just nodded. “ Apparently the CEO really liked your collaboration together, so now you guy’s will be in more projects together” she added.

 

G-dragon aka Kwon Jiyong is a singer/songwriter/model he is really popular internationally. We worked before in several projects which got really good feedback from the public, which is actually really rare because Im sure his fans would hate him to work with another model which is a girl, but in our case is the opposite they actually like us working together which is good because I would hate to get bashed by his fans. 

 

“ Do you know the concept of the photo shoot this time?” I asked. 

 

“ Hmmpp don’t know, but you will be endorsing Adidas “ she answered and I just nodded.

 

Jiyong’s POV 

 

“ How long is this shoot?” I asked my manager Jae hyun. I just came straight from the Airport, I am very tired, but my schedule is always cramped. I always flight in and out of Korea which is always tiring.

 

“ Six hours maybe” I groaned at his response and closed my eyes.

 

“ And you will be working with Dara Park, remember her?” he asked.

 

“hmmmp” I do remember her.

 

 I worked with her several times and the public really liked our pairing, which Im surprised because my fans didn't bash her which is good, I like how she can work professionally and fast. Most of the models I worked with before would try to flirt with me and not do their job correctly

Please log in to read the full chapter