❦ Chapter 7 ~ A Walk Home ❦

My Happy Virus || 엑소 찬열
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You sat on your chair, not completely in your sanity, as Chanyeol look at you with his inquisitive eyes. 

"Pssst." He tried catching your attention but your gaze only focused on the board. He waved his left hand on your face, his right hand then both hands together. He even stood up and moved his face closer to yours, trying to annoy you, so you'll at lease react but it seems like you're already in your own world. 

He sat back on his chair, feeling defeated by your unconscious (but conscious) ignoring self. You were really in a deep thought as you sat on your chair. You thought of what Jin told you. 

'What does he mean by that? Why would he say that? Or what really is his agenda? Why did he even come back?' 

Many questions made their way in your mind, filling it with 5Ws and an H. Falling deep in your thoughts, you didn't notice that classes have already started 5 minutes ago. Your teacher have already entered in your classroom and taught her Math equations that includes variables and exponents, which you hated the most, and she's now standing right in front of you. 

"And Miss (y/n), can you explain why 0 is the answer in this equation?" 

You came back to your senses when you heard your name called. You looked to your right and saw that all of your classmates' attention are on you. You looked in front of you then saw your chicken teacher (you called her that because of her annoying hair that looks like a chicken's red head), looking sickly sweet but really looking mad at the same time. 

You stood up and looked at the black board. You read the equation written, 4 (x-5) + 20 = 4x. You cleared your throat before walking to the black board. You picked up a chalk then started writing your solution.

"Well, first, to cancel the parenthesis to make it easier, you'll need to multiply 4 by x and that'll make it 4x. Multiply 4 by -5 and since it's not the same signs, it'll be negative, -20. Then write the numbers left." 

4x - 20 
4x - 20 + 20 = 4x

You glanced at your teacher, she has her eyebrows up. With that, you continued explaining.

"We should put the constants with variables to the left side of the equation and the constants on the right side. It'll be like this."

4x - 4x = 20 - 20

"Then the answer will be 0 because if you subtract 4x to 4x is equals to 0. Same to 20 minus 20. That's how it's done, seonsaeng-nim." You said then bowed. Your classmates were speechless but clapped at your explanation. Your teacher just glared at them and looked away, feeling embarrassed. You sat back down as she continued to teach but it seems like your classmates like you as their teacher.

"You did great! Can you teach me?" Chanyeol said with a grin. "Only me?" You snapped your head to him and saw him whistling while looking around. 

You rolled your eyes but smiled. 

ღ ∞ ღ ∞ ღ ∞ ღ ∞ ღ

You walked to the Cafeteria to buy chocolate milk tea to match your lunch. You were walking down the stairs when you saw Jin talking to Chanyeol near the stairs on a more secluded area but still can be seen from where you are. Jin looks annoyed and angry but Chanyeol is just grinning and looks like he's gonna laugh. You hid behind the large plant near you and tried reading how their mouths move.

You were shocked when Jin grabbed Chanyeol's collar and glared at him. You ran to their place as Jin's eyes widen on your sudden appearance. You tugged his hands off of Chanyeol and glared at him.

"What do you really want, Jin? Take away my only friend, so I'll be alone again? Well if that's the case, sorry but I'm not gonna let you do that." You said sternly at Jin while he look into your eyes like he wants to tell you more but can't. 

"It's okay, (y/n). Let's just leave him alone. Maybe he just wanted to let out his anger and found me near him, so he decided to let it out on me. You don't need to argue with him just because of that." Chanyeol butted in before you burst out on Jin again. You looked at Chanyeol and he just smiled at you. You felt relief that he's here, calming you.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter