four

The Broken mug...

The sky is blue, same goes to Kyungsoo. He is feeling blue since what he did will always turn bad in Chanyeol eyes. Like there was always his fault.

 

Day by day passed and Kyungsoo never once saw Chanyeol’s smile anymore. The last was when he first liking Kyungsoo’s broccoli’s cooking.

 

It’s the day of Kyungsoo’s supposed ‘movie date’ with Minho.  Kyungsoo had already dressed himself up. He wanted to look just a bit charming to please his new friend. Well of course to please Chanyeol the most.

 

He wears a simple dark navy blue t-shirt and a pair of black slack. Kyungsoo thinks he looks great with just a simple and nice outfit. He has no clue about all the fashion things likely in nowadays trend, but he loves to dress himself by his own style.

 

 

Kyungsoo smiles as he stares at the mirror. He smiles to see his good reflection of the mirror. “maybe.. will Chanyeol ever fall for me.” Kyungsoo  wondered.

 

 

Kyungsoo stops in front of Chanyeol’s room. He actually feels a slight nervous. Of course he will when he knows Chanyeol would never care to listen.  

 

Kyungsoo bravely knock softly the door, afraid if he is knocking too hard. He waits for the reply.

 

Chanyeol opens the door and a bit surprised with Kyungsoo standing in front of his room. He studies Kyungsoo’s whole body. He wonders why that little guy dressed up so nicely this early morning.

 

“i-i.. i.. can i go out with my friends?” Kyungsoo asked, lowering his head down.

 

Chanyeol shows no reaction. He puts on blank face and no answer coming out from his mouth at all.

 

“friends?” he smirked. “never thought a person like you could also have.. friend”

 

Bam.. that’s it. Always with the bad starting. Kyungsoo expecting for worse but seems like Chanyeol in his good mood, a bit.

 

“y-ya... seems like i've managed to make friends.. an acquaintance actually..” Kyungsoo scratched his nape awkwardly.

 

Chanyeol nods. “whatever. Its your life. Just do what you want to do. Just don’t tell me what you want to do. It’s kind of irritating. So, we go with our life and be happy until the six month later.”

 

Kyungsoo nods and smiles too. “o-okay.. thank you.” Kyungsoo bowed and moved his legs to the stairs.

 

Chanyeol leans on the wall while looking the navy blue shirt guy walking cutely with his small body frame. Chanyeol suddenly expressed a slight smile. He feels funny somehow without he noticed he is grinning.

 

Chanyeol quickly slaps himself. “Oh God what is that..” he shook his head. “no andwae. No way.. he is not my standard though.” Chanyeol then smirked before entering his room back.

 

 

--

 

 

Kyungsoo patiently waiting for Minho to pick him up. He plays with his fingers while waiting for the both father and son. Kyungsoo smiles to the thought of how happy he is if he and Chanyeol could go out together with an adorable  kid like Baekhyun.

 

 

“are you dreaming of us..”

 

 

Kyungsoo surprised by the sudden voice from behind him.

 

 

“ANNYEONG KYUNGSOO HYUNG....” Baekhyun suddenly hopped on Kyungsoo’s lap and hugged him.

 

 

“aigoo.. do you miss me that much hmm?” Kyungsoo brushed his nose with Baekhyun’s one.

 

 

Baekhyun nods cutely and say, “appa miss you too... every day appa will...” Minho quickly covered Baekhyun’s mouth.

 

Minho shyly looks at Kyungsoo. “Kids can be so hyper when talking. Mian.. mm.. shall we go now.”

 

 

Kyungsoo chuckles and nods. “okay. I’m ready.” Kyungsoo lifted Bakehyun up with his arm and hold him carefully.

 

“okay let’s go.” Kyungsoo smiled to Minho. Minho smiled back while leading the way to his car.

 

--

 

 

In the car, Kyungsoo sits beside Minho while Baekhyun sits on his lap. Minho drives the car with smile never left on his face. The radio is playing T-ara’s So Crazy songs. Kyungsoo smiles as he plays with Baekhyun and do the pointed the dance of the song.

 

Minho feels so much happy to see how happy Kyungsoo is giggling with Baekhyun. “i love your smile..” Minho said out of blue.

 

Kyungsoo turns his look to Minho. “eo! Thank you.”

 

“really though. You look so cute when you smile. I love your heart shape lips.”

 

 

Kyungsoo laughs. “everyone always say i’m cute. i want to be called handsome. Am i not handsome?” Kyungsoo pouted.

 

“Hyung.. you are handsome.” Baekhyun giggled.

 

“mm. Really..” Kyungsoo tickled Baekhyun.

 

“hyung.. its ticklish. Nggg, Hyung are so handsome. I love you.”

 

 

Kyungsoo beamed and kissed Baekhyun’s crown head. “gumawo Baekkie-ah.. Hyung love you too.”

 

Minhosmiles to see the two of them really enjoy being together. Somehow he feels a bit jealous with Baekhyun as his little son could easily get kisses from Kyungsoo. How a good if he was a toddler too.

 

Minho loves seeing Kyungsoo. The short boy somehow has a bit vibe of his late wife. Since she gone away, Minho had never opened his heart before. Not after Kyungsoo came into his life and he felt the electric shock back. The feelings when your heart suddenly race so fast. You hardly breath and like the air is choke on your throat.

 

H-Has he really fallen for Kyungsoo? He doesn’t know. Maybe it was just and adore. You know when you meet someone cute and adorable and someone that can be so easy around you, which made you feel so much easier to get closer.

 

--

 

 

Chanyeol had woken up from his sleep. Since Kyungsoo left the house, he continued his sleeping as he was kind of has nothing to do. Once he opened his eyes, he pried for his phone to look at the exact time.

 

 

“It’s already noon?” Chanyeol sighed. He rubbed his head to ease out his frustration.

 

Chanyeol looks at the window. It is really a bright day. But yet here he was lying on his bed, with messy hair and body smell so bad.

 

Chanyeol shuffles to his bathroom and as usual get himself a good clean shower. He feels a bit boring as he can’t go to work because his loving father had already warned him about holiday with Kyungsoo for one week.

 

Chanyeol pulls his hair on frustration of everyone’s attention to Kyungsoo. He doesn’t like it when everyone think that little poor guy is an angel or what.

 

Chanyeol picks a nice clothes and pants before heading down to the ground floor. He walks to the kitchen to get a cold drink. While he’s drinking, his phone ringing and he sneaks his hand on his pocket to reach it up. He picks up the phone call.

 

 

“mmm, yeobeoseyo?” Chanyeol said blankly.

 

“hey... look at that voice. Seems like you’re boring enough in your house huh?”

 

Chanyeol grins a little. It is his best friend, Sehun. “yah! How do you know. Im so bored these days.. it’s been a hell these whole days and i’m dying out of doing nothing here.”

 

“wohooo.. how bad it sounded huh. Come on, let’s get your day bright up with happiness. Come on, we can go watch movies, club, snooker, or hmm, squash..”

 

Chanyeol chuckles as he feels a quite glad to have a really good friend like Sehun. Sehun is his best friend since high school. But he doesn’t know the fact that Chanyeol had already married because the fact was sealed really hard.

 

On the wedding day, there were only Kyungsoo’s relatives, and some of Chanyeol’s relatives too and of course some of Chanyeol’s parents friends. Chanyeol had made a deal to not inviting his friends, nor even his best friends. He wanted it to be the very top secret of the people who had came that unfortunate day.

 

 

“alright bro. Gotta hang out with you. What movie is up to date nowadays?” Chanyeol can heard Sehun’s grin on the phone.

 

“Alright. Let’s meet up at this Coex mall”

 

“Alright. Be on there any minutes.”

 

 

--

 

Kyungsoo is walking side by side with Minho who is carrying Baekhyun up on his arms.

 

“So, what kind of movie you like?” Minho asked, smiling cheerfully to Kyungsoo.

 

 

Kyungsoo seems to love that kind of smile. That guy looking very handsome when smiling. But it can’t be the same like Chanyeol’s smile. Kyungsoo still remember how loving is Chanyeol smile the other day. The smile which made the fallen for him.  

 

“K-Kyungsoo-ssi?” Minho blinked.

 

Kyungsoo earths on and smiles. “mian. I was spacing out for a while. Mmm, i never watched movie before. It’s kind of my first time here.”

 

Minho finds it weird because it’s 2015. Who the hell still not watching movie. “it’s okay. Then I’m glad that I’ll be your first mate to accompany you to the adventure of watching movie. Come on, we can’t let down the excitement.”

 

Kyungsoo nods and they walk to the counter to buy the tickets.

 

Once they done with the tickets, kyungsoo waits for Minho in a corner with Baekhyun because Minho is going to buy the popcorns and colas.

 

 

Chanyeol finally arrives at the cinema. He looks for his best friend, Sehun. He dials his number to ask for a better direction. Chanyeol follows the order and he stops when his eyes catch something. A human being that he really memorize it pretty well. Chanyeol hung up the phone in the moment without a warning to Sehun. He walks nearing the guy.

 

 

“yah! What are you doing here?”

 

 

Kyungsoo shocks. His eyes widen and his heart beat race instantly. Kyungsoo eyes the guy immediately and gasps.

 

“c-chanyeol-ssi...”

 

Chanyeol smirks. He looks down to see a small child, standing beside Kyungsoo, pouting his lips cutely while holding Kyungsoo’s hand.

 

Kyungsoo bits his lips. He has no words to say. One thing he afraid is that if Chanyeol find out that he went out with someone else, he might label him as a gold digger or a ing whom wanted to take his money and wealth and dump him down.

 

 

“I-I..” Kyungsoo voice cracked.

 

 

Chanyeol sees how Kyungsoo nervous is. So, he decides to chill it down because he knows he doesn’t have any right to argue why the boy was there because he was the one who made the rule of he and Kyungsoo can do whatever they want.

 

“whatever...” Chanyeol walked away, leaving the nervous Kyungsoo silent.

 

Kyungsoo sees how Chanyeol is blending with the sea of people in the crowd. He hates himself for can’t even told the guy how he was really going out with friend. Kyungsoo hates for how he is a dumb coward boy to tell his husband how much he wanted to save the marriage.

 

“hyung.. are you okay?” Baekhyun shook Kyungsoo’s hand.

 

Kyungsoo gives Baekhyun his best smile to cover up his sadness. He doesn’t want to ruin the day. “Hyung’s okay.”

 

By then Minho shows up with a bucket of popcorns and two colas.

 

“is everyone okay?” Minho asked. Probably feeling bad for making it a long time to get the snacks.

 

“good.” Kyungsoo faked a smile. Indeed his day had ruined. He felt like going home and dig his head on his bed and cry.

 

“alright then. Kaja.”

 

 

Kyungsoo carries Baekhyun onto his arms and walks inside the theatre room carefully. They seat on the seat while waiting for the screen to play the movie.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol finally meet up with Sehun. “heyyo bro. What’s up. Take me long time to see you huh?” Sehun bro-hugged Chanyeol and smiled.

 

“ya, it’s been a long time..” Chanyeol awkwardly laughed.

 

“Come on, I’ve already settled the tickets. It’s Disney Pan. The coolest movie ever from Disney I tell you.”Sehun exclaimed.

 

“well. I’m okay with anything. Let’s get inside.” Chanyeol said while taking the popcorns bucket from Sehun.

 

“let’s go..” both of them walked inside the theatre room.

 

 

 

Chanyeol seats beside Sehun. The room is dark as its light has already been lighted off. Chanyeol excitedly waiting for the screenplay. He smiles as he feels quite chilling with the thought of enjoying himself.

 

But suddenly he heard a sound that he indeed remembers it well.

 

 

“Baekkie-ah. It’s not good to drink cola. You are still kid. Come one, don’t take Hyung’s cola. Here is the corn milk.”

 

 

Chanyeol moves his head to his right to see Kyungsoo is sitting exactly beside him. Chanyeol stiffs.

 

Kyungsoo is sitting beside him and is feeding the little guy the drink.

 

“good boy.” Kyungsoo laughed.

 

 

It was the first time Chanyeol Saw Kyungsoo smiles so widely like that. It’s like Kyungsoo really happy.

 

“Baekkie-ah. Appa told you many times already right. You cannot drink cola.”

 

 

Chanyeol heard another voice. He assumed that is Kyungsoo’s friend like he mentioned before. The three of them smile happily. Chanyeol stares at Kyungsoo, even in the dark, he still could see the sharp jaw of him from the side.

 

 

Chanyeol feels a growling feeling in his heart. It’s like he hates the situation. Like, he could feel the rise of his anger. Like something really bothered him.

Chanyeol grits his teeth and he exhales his breathe out. “what is going on?” he thought. He didn’t know what’s so wrong with him feeling angry and mad with Kyungsoo sudden smile with another man. It cannot be jealous is it?

 

 

“no. It must be because he was annoying as he smiles while i’m here has to see he’s happy when i’m not.” Chanyeol thought while turning his sight back on the screen.

 

--

 

 

The movie is over, Kyungsoo sheepishly smiles as he really enjoys the movie. When the light is on, he wanted to stand up when he suddenly feel a hand grabbing his. Kyungsoo puzzles because it’s definitely not Minho one. He look at his side to see Chanyeol with a weird face.

 

 

Kyungsoo gasps. He truly shocked. “e-eo!” Kyungsoo stuttered.

 

Chanyeol stares on Kyungsoo eyes a bit longer. Kyungsoo could tell that there is something in Chanyeol eyes, something in between anger and sadness.

 

“c-chan..” Chanyeol then quickly pulled back his hand. He realized that his action was a bit weird today. Chanyeol shook his head and stood up.

 

 

Kyungsoo still remain stiff while looking at Chanyeol, walking down the stairs to the exit room with a partner.

 

 

“Kyungsoo-ssi.. Kyungsoo-ssi..” even his name was called by so many times, Kyungsoo can’t let his eyes go from staring at Chanyeol.

 

 

Minho shakes Kyungsoo’s shoulder to get his out from him spacing. “Kyungsoo-ssi.” He spoke with a bit high of tone.

 

“e-eo!” Kyungsoo faced up Minho blankly.

 

“are you okay? You’ve been spacing out a bit long.” Minho covered his laugh.

 

Kyungsoo now had earthed on. He realized his sudden spaced out. He apologises to Minho for the time.

 

“aaa... mian, i had some thinking.. sorry.”

 

Minho heaves a relieve sigh. “it’s okay, aren’t you hungry? Let’s get our stomach some foods.”

 

Kyungsoo nods and signs an okay with his fingers.

 

 

Kyungsoo, Minho and the little Baekhyun had entered into an elegant cafe.

 

“uwa.. it’s so beautiful.” Kyungsoo was amazed with the cafe design. The bricks wall theme and the arrangement of the tables and chairs were just perfect and elegant.

 

Minho chuckles as he finds that Kyungsoo is cute when he is focusing on something. “You are so cute when you’re amazed on something.”

 

Kyungsoo likes the words. He loves how Minho is so nice to always compliment him. If only Chanyeol is the person, he definitely goes blushing super red.

 

“thank you.” Kyungsoo beamed, sitting on the chair.

 

 

Kyungsoo sits to the opposite of Baekhyun and Minho.

 

“so, anything that is your favour?” Minho asked while reading the menu.

 

Kyungsoo is actually uncomfortable with the menu and the cafe itself. It’s totally cost a lot. He doesn’t feel he quite deserves to enjoy the meals.

 

“mian Minho-ssi. But I think it’s quite expensive here. I don’t know much about western foods and such expensive things. I will take the least cost one.”Kyungsoo smiled awkwardly.

 

 

Minho smiles back. “it’s okay, it’s my treat. Please don’t feel bad about it because I’d feel bad if you feel uncomfortable. It’s okay. I’ll order for you. chill down Kyungsoo-ssi.”Minho rubbed Kyungsoo’s back hand.

 

 

Kyungsoo nods and tries to keep himself comfortable with the situation.

 

 

Once Minho had ordered, Kyungsoo smiles while playing with Baekhyun who already changed place and sits beside Kyungsoo.

 

While Kyungsoo is happily entertaining Baekhyun, Baekhyun suddenly point his finger to the next customer. “eung, isn’t that the ahjussi?” Baekhyun talked to Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo looks carefully the guy and he freezes on his seat. “i-isn’t that Chanyeol?” Kyungsoo talked in his mind.

 

“a-aniya..” Kyungsoo lied to Baekhyun.

 

“really? I think so..” Baekhyun pouted cutely.

 

Minho turns to see the guy that Baekhyun pointed to. “Who is it?”

 

Kyungsoo bits his lips. “a-aniya.. it was just someone who suddenly bumped into me before.” Kyungsoo chuckled.

 

Minho nods understandingly. “Be careful. People nowadays are so scary. You have to be careful when you go outside.” Minho advised.

 

“ne..” Kyungsoo grinned.

 

“mmm, Kyungsoo-ssi. Can I just call you Kyungsoo. I mean can we drop the formality and just call with our name only.” Minho suggested.

 

Kyungsoo thinks it is the right thing too. In order to kill the awkwardness between them, they have to drop the formality. “that’s good.”

 

“okay, mmm, Kyungsoo-ah.. t-that means w-we are now officially friends?” Minho asked with full of seriousness on his face. Kyungsoo could saw his seriousness with the tone and the face.

 

“so, since we are friends, I think we need to know about each other more. I mean like a bit of you and myself.” Minho said.

 

“I can’t agree for more” Kyungsoo agreed.

 

“Do you mind if I ask a bit of your life. I mean what are you doing right now? Your family, your background, and your current status.” Kyungsoo swears that he could feel that sudden sad expression on Minho when he said the last words.

 

 

 

“mmm, i am certainly not a rich person. I’m from a small hometown in Busan. I used to live with my grandfather since my parents died in an accident.” Kyungsoo played with his fingers. He starts to feel the emotion blending with his feelings.

 

 

“i’m sorry for that.” Minho shook his head lightly.

 

Kyungsoo smiles emotionlessly. “it’s okay. Everything happened so fast and now I live here because of work..” Kyungsoo had to lie about the marriage issue. He can’t tell anyone just yet.

 

 

“ohhh..” Minho nodded, understood the story.

 

“i-it’s okay.. i’m here with Baekhyun to always be with you..” Minho brushed Kyungsoo’s hand.

 

“so, a-are you m-married?” Minho last question that really bothered hi mind for a while knowing Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo laughs half-heartedly. “i’m not” another lie.

 

Minho heaves a deep relieve sigh. “Lucky he wasn’t...” Minho mumbled softly but still can be heard by Kyungsoo.

 

“What?” Kyungsoo asked for the respond of Minho’s mumbled.

 

 

Minho was caught in action. But he acts cool like noting happened. “n-nothing. It’s good.. i mean ya you are not married yet because marriage is not a child play thing.”

 

“ya, me too. I think marriage is not a child play thing.” He actually felt really hurt because he certainly remember about how is his marriage was now being played like a game.

 

“so, about me.. ya know.. i’m married and have a one little cute child. I run a small business, and i lost my wife three years ago..”

 

 

Kyungsoo silent. He really has no clue to ask anymore. He could see that Minho eyes are already reddened. He afraid to ask more about personal life that will only open up the scars.

 

 

“i’m sorry.” Kyungsoo said.

 

Minho smiles cheekily. “nah! It’s okay. I’m sorry for telling you a sad story though.”

 

 

Right then the food served on the table and Baekhyun smiles eagerly. Kyungsoo relieves as the food have arrived because he wants the changing questions session to be end so badly.

 

Once in a while Kyungsoo munching down the foods, Kyungsoo doesn’t forget to steal a glance to Chanyeol to see what is the guy doing?

 

Basically Kyungsoo can see that Chanyeol is with this kind of person he barely knows. Maybe he is one of Chanyeol friends, Kyungsoo assumed. He practically wants to know so bad who is the guy but like he’d dare to just barge in the group and attack them with questions.

 

 

Kyungsoo doesn’t realize his action has actually make him spacing out so much in front of Minho. Minho could notice Kyungsoo is so focus on looking at someone. He looks at the exact direction and he finds two tall guys are eating their meals, three tables behind them.

 

“Kyungsoo-ah.. Kyungsoo-ah..” Minho waved on his right hand upon Kyungsoo’s face. Still Kyungsoo with the thought of Chanyeol.

 

 

When Minho snaps his fingers, only then Kyungsoo gets back into reality. “sorry.” He muttered.

 

Minho smiles as he always love the spacing out Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo is perfect in almost everything.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo excuses to the toilet. He stands up before instantly rushes to the toilet.

 

--

 

 

 

Kyungsoo washes his face. He looks at the mirror before slapping his face slightly. “aigoo.. why are you thinking so negative. They could be just friends Kyungsoo-ah.”

 

Kyungsoo actually jealous with Chanyeol going out with someone else. If possible he wanted to go out with the latter too. Even once in a life, he prays that at least once God will make him go out on a date with Chanyeol. Just once would make him the most happy person in the world.

 

Kyungsoo mentally slaps himself when he sees Chanyeol standing behind him. He could see the reflections from the mirror. Chanyeol is crossing his arms while leaning on the wall, with smirk shows on his face.

 

“so, you’re with someone huh?”

 

Kyungsoo gasps. He turns to face Chanyeol. “i-it’s not like what you think. W-we are just friends.”

 

Chanyeol laughs. “aigoo..” he sighed. “really? A friend? I didn’t know that one can treat best friend so lovey dovey like that. Oh ya, and looks like the kid also likes you.”

 

“chanyeol-ssi.. i-it’s...”

 

“STOP YOUR ACT!!” Chanyeol yelled.

 

Kyungsoo feels a bit shock with Chanyeol sudden temper.

 

“i-i’m sorry. I need to go.” Kyungsoo said, head lower.

 

Chanyeol grabs Kyungsoo’s wrist. “wait!”

 

Kyungsoo glares into Chanyeol’s eyes. “w-what?”

 

“Beware because i don’t want people to start talking about your stupid relationship and will end up my parents knowing and that would be a total disaster.”

 

“i swear that he is just my friend, acquaintance to be exact. I only know him here. I’m sorry but i hope you’re not misunderstanding. I have to go now.”

 

Chanyeol smirks. “whatever you say is always a lie. I know how people like you are just so into rich people to steal away their wealth. Don’t you dream you will take mine”

 

 

Chanyeol pushes Kyungsoo’s wrist away and walk out the rest room. Kyungsoo was left, crying with the sharp words. Kyungsoo can’t just get out yet. He can’t let people see he’s crying. Kyungsoo enters one of the cubicle and wipes his tears. 

 

 

--