two

The Broken mug...

Its a bright morning. Kyungsoo squints his eyes to the heat of the sun rays. He lazily get up from the bed and opens the window widely.

 

Its a truly bright day. Kyungsoo grins as if he was in his hometown, it would be the best time to plant some potatoes or eggplant. But now he already married to someone. He can’ get back to his old life anymore. Kyungsoo really misses his hometown, his plants, cats, and ducks.

 

 

“how is harapuji been doing?” Kyungsoo thought. He prayed for Harapuji’s to be safe and sound.

 

 

Kyungsoo gets himself a good shower before tidying up the room. He wears a fade blue t-shirt and a sweat pants.

 

“its a good morning. Maybe i should make some breakfast.”

 

 

Before Kyungsoo walk down to the kitchen, he  stops in front of Chanyeol’s room. He wonders whether the latter had already wake up or not. He doesn’t dare to get in as Chanyeol had warned him about it.

 

 Kyungsoo let go his curiosity and proceed with making breakfast first.

 

--

 

 

Upon reaching the kithen, Kyungsoo becomes clueless once again. Just how to make a western-like breakfast.

 

Kyungsoo has no clue about western-like breakfast. He only know how to serve kimchi fried rice, soup and some fresh vegetables or fruits. Thats what he usually has for breakfast with his grandfather.

 

Kyungsoo gives up. He really don’t want to take longer time to think. So, he decides to make a kimchi fried rice for both of them, soup and serve some fruits.

 

 

After cooking, Kyungsoo serves those foods on the table nicely. He really hope Chanyeol would eat it at least a bite would do.

 

“its done. Aigoo~~~ i hope he would like it. This is the least i can do. Mianhe..” Kyungsoo mumbled and chuckled at the same time.

 

Chanyeol who already woke up smell something nice. He quickly take a bath and changes into a new clothe.

 

Once finished touch up himself, Chanyeol walk down to find the main point of the smell. He let a small laugh when he sees Kyungsoo is sitting on the chair while on the table was served kind of menus.

 

“morning!!” Kyungsoo stood and greeted Chanyeol who never had a smile on his face.

 

“i-i-‘im cooking f-for us..” Kyungsoo said.

 

Chanyeol smirks. “seems like someone is truly idiot or cant understand my words at all.”

 

“n-ne??” Kyungsoo puzzled.

 

“look. Basically i don’t eat this kind of these..” Chanyeol pointed to the foods. “and one more thing. I eat only my mom’s cooking, and those fancy restaurant chefs. Get it?”

 

Kyungsoo nods while lowering his head. “y-yes”

 

“i hope so, cause seems like you don’t. Don’t forget that i don’t eat trash foods like what you eat everyday. Please.. please bear it on your mind. How many times do I have to repeat myself?” Chanyeol crossed his arms.

 

“i-im sorry..” Kyungsoo apologised.

 

“if you really sorry don’t do it again. Don’t make me repeat myself. use your dumb brain can you..”

 

 

Kyungsoo could only hold his tears from falling. Right on that moment, he feels so low in this world. He knows he comes from poor family.

 

 

“o-okay..” Kyungsoo sounded like crying since he hold his tears.

 

“good. Now im going outside. Don’t forget tonight that we have to meet my parents as they would like to see us. Please don’t you ever dare to tell everything about this rule. If i knew you tell my family about this you’re dead. Get it?”

 

“y-yes..” Kyungsoo nodded.

 

“now get over my sights will you fool.” Chanyeol pushed Kyungsoo a bit hard that Kyungsoo fall down to the floor.

 

“weak ..” Chanyel smirked.

 

By that Chanyeol exits the house.

 

Kyungsoo cries. He let all his feelings and tears out as he feels so useless. “o-omma.. ap-pa.. harapuji..” Kyungsoo hugged his legs.

 

 

--

 

Kyungsoo reluctantly walks out the house to get some fresh air. He needs to mend his soul. Kyungsoo doesn’t know why he feels like walking. Walking somehow can brings a new peace to him.

 

 

Kyungsoo walks along the sidewalk without any exact destination. He just feels so. He crosses his arms as he walks.

 

 

“Hyung.....” someone shouted.

 

 

Kyungsoo still walking. His mind is on somewhere else that he didn’t even realised someone had calling for him.

 

“hyung...” someone shouted.

 

Kyungsoo finally realized when a hand grip his sweatpants. Kyungsoo looks back. Then he sees someone is smiling.

 

“baekkie???” Kyungsoo surprised.

 

“hyung doesn’t hear baekkie calling you..” Baekhyun pouted.

 

“aigoo~~ mian mian.. Hyung is thinking of something.” Kyungsoo lowered his body to the same level as Baekhyun. He then ruffled Bakehyun’s hair.

 

“why? Is hyung sad?” Baekhyun asked cutely.

 

“no.. Hyung is okay. Now. Where is Baekkie’s appa?” its time for Kyungsoo to ask back.

 

“eo! Appa.. appa is at the store..” baekhyun grinned.

 

 

“eo! How come Baekkie follows hyung here?” Kyungsoo smiled.

 

 

Actually Kyungsoo doesn’t realise that he just few inches from the store.

 

 

“Baekkie asked appa to get chocolate then Baekkie saw Hyung outside the glass so Baekkie go to Hyung.”

 

 

“aigoooo~~ Baekkie-ah.. its not nice to do that okay. You cant keave your appa alone there.” Kyungsoo advised.

 

“okay.. Baekkie wont do that again..”

 

“promise..?”

 

“emm..” Baekhyun nodded. Both of them made a pinky promise.

 

 

“now we have to get Baekkie to appa okay..” Kyungsoo beamed.

 

Baekhyun being the obedient child nods cutely. Kyungsoo lift Baekhyun’s and hugs him tightly to his shoulder to secure him from maybe a child killer or kidnapper.

 

 

They enter the store.

 

“Baekkieeee~~~!!” Minho screamed happily as he sees his Baekkie back.

 

 

“appa...” Kyungsoo put down Baekhyun on the floor so the guy would easily approach his dad.

 

Both of the father and son hug each other.

 

“appa is looking for you..” Minho hugged tightly.

 

“its okay appa. Kyungsoo hyung was with me.” Minho then looked at Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo blush as he feels awkward to meet Baekhyun’s appa again.

 

“oe! Kyungsoo-ssi.” Minho awkwardly rubbed his nape. He got up.

 

“yes.. mm. Sorry for troubling you. i know how much you are worry about your son. Sorry.” Kyungsoo bowed.

 

“n-no need to apologise. Its not your fault though. Its my fault because i didnt watch Baekkie properly.”

 

“oh. Mmm..” Kyungsoo played with his fingers. He felt awkward to meet such a young and handsome dad.

 

 

“o-e.. are you free now. Wanna go lunch together. My treat.” Minho said to kill the silent.

 

 “i-its okay. I-im going home already.”

 

“hyung...~~ come.. Baekkie wanna eat with Hyung..” bakehyun pouted.

 

“mianhae Baekkie-ah. Hyung is a bit busy. Later we lunch together okay..?” Kyungsoo ruffled Baekhyun’s hair.

 

“jjinja hyung..?”

 

Kyungsoo nods and makes a pinky promise with Baekhyun.

 

 

“yeayyyy!!!” Baekhyun jumped in joy.

 

 

“so.. till then..” Kyungsoo bowed once again to show respect.

 

 

Kyungsoo already turned his body towards  the opposite. He is about to walk when minho voice stops him.

 

 

“w-waiiit.. y-your number..”

 

Kyungsoo turns to face Minho. “eo!” he puzzled.

 

“your phone number so that i could easily contact you.” minho said fast.

 

Kyungsoo burst into laughter. Minho’s sudden act looks a bit funny.

 

“oh.. your phone.” Kyungsoo asked for Minho’s phone.

 

Once Minho passed to Kyungsoo, Kyungsoo press the keypad and saved his number.

 

“thats it. Okay. Till then..” Kyungsoo bowed and walked away leaving the two people behind.

 

“hyung is so handsome isn’t appa..?” Baekhyun mumbled loudly.

 

“y-yup..” Minho said while his eyes still looking at Kyungsoo who was walking.

 

 

--

 

 

  Kyungsoo gets inside his house. He feels a bit happy at least after seeing Baekhyun. The little cute kid is somehow makes Kyungsoo day more brighter.

 

 

However, getting home is somehow a hell to Kyungsoo. He basically cant do anything inside the house. With all the electronics thingy that Kyungsoo never seen one are just making him frustrated. Like how was the first time to use vacuum to clean the first.

 

When Kyungsoo lives with his grandfather, he used to mop the floor with a small cloth and mop it by using his hand. Its worth the energy to get the floor clean. But somehow, inside this new house of him, the electronics are nightmare to him. he doesn’t know how to use it. He afraid if he never clean the house, it will become dusty and messy.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo take the chance to use a clothe to mop the floor. Like a traditional way, Kyungsoo feels so much comfortable. Nothing can stop him for feeling so good when doing housechores.

 

 

While Kyungsoo is mopping the floor, he could hear the sound of car enter the  garage. Kyungsoo stops mopping and quickly head to the front door. He opens the door just to greet his hudband who got back from anywhere. Kyungsoo smiles as he sees Chanyeol has get out from the car and now heading to the front door.

 

 

Kyungsoo gives Chanyeol a beautiful smile to cheer up the mood.

 

“annyeong.. you’re back.” Kyungsoo bowed.

 

Chanyeol could only gives his death stare to Kyungsoo. “whatever. Move away. Don’t get into my way please.” Chanyeol bumped into Kyungsoo harshly.

 

“a smile can turn a bad day to a good one.” Kyungsoo said, back facing Chanhyeol who suddenly stop.

 

 

“but your smile is not that pretty though. So don’t turn the bad day turn even worse. Don’t you dare to talk with me.” Chanyeol words are so sharp.

 

Chanyeol continues his move to his room. However, without even looking at the wet floor, he suddenly slip on the floor as its was slippery.

 

 

“AAHHH!!” Chanyeol screamed.

 

Kyungsoo in panick, run to get to Chanyeol.

 

“ahhh.. mianhe.. i was moping the floor..” Kyungsoo apologised. He lend his hand to help Chanyeol get up but Chanyeol quickly refused.

 

“are you trying to kill me huh? You are just doing this so that i will die and you can take all my money and wealth away huh?” chanyeol sounded really mad.

 

 

“mi-mian.. i would never do that. It was..”

 

 

“ahh.. you fool and filthy poor rat. Go away, don’t touch me. I hate you.” Chanyeol pushed Kyungsoo’s hand away and tried to get up. Once he already stood up, he hopped with his one leg to his room.

 

Kyungsoo swears that whatever words that came out from Chanyeol will only cause his an heart ache. What is his fault next? Till when he needs to be in this kind of pathetic situation? Kyungsoo end up crying to the heart break.

 

 

--

 

 

 

Kyungsoo is crying inside his room. He needs a  moment  to seal his heart. But the knocking hardly on the door is killing his mood to doing so.

 

“YAH!!! OPEN THE DOOR YOU FOOL.” Chanyeol shouted from outside.

 

 

Kyungsoo hesitantly walk near the door.

 

 

“OPEN. HEY OPEN THIS DAMN DOOR  STUPID.” Chanyeol knocked even harder.

 

 

Kyungsoo slowly unlock the door and let Chanyeol to open the door.

 

“what?” Kyungsoo asked, eyes never left Chanyeol’s eyes.

 

“TAKE THIS!” Chanyeol throw a set of clothe right on Kyungsoo’s face.

 

Kyungsoo grabs the cloth that was lying on the floor.

 

“wear that tonight for the family gathering. I don’t want you to wear your hideous and smelly cloth. Not a level to my level at all.” Chanyeol smirked.

 

“o-okay..” Kyungsoo nodded.

 

“that’s it. Oh and please get yourselves a really long and nice bath cause i cant stand your bad smell like a filthy rat.” Chanyeol grinned.

 

Chanyeol get out from the room and Kyungsoo quickly lock his room back.

 

“omma.. appa.. harapuji..” Kyungsoo cried as he hugged the cloth.

 

 

--

 

 

Inside the car, Kyungsoo is keeping himself from saying any words. He doesn’t want to kill the mood as they are on their way to Chanyeol’s parents mansion.

 

 

Kyungsoo looks outside the window to see the beautiful scenery of the colourful road. Sometimes he plays with his fingers to  keep himself relax.

 

The radio is playing such a slow rhythm of song that Kyungsoo really enjoy the lullaby. He feels so relax for the first time while being beside Chanyeol. Never felt better as he wishes the time could freeze and trap him down in the moment forever.

 

Kyungsoo feels so much comfortable that he end up fallen seep while on the way to the mansion.

 

Chanyeol, who eyes are focused on the road before, turns hs head to the sleeping soundless boy. It was the first, well maybe second time for him to watch Kyungsoo’s sleeping. The small face and the petite body of Kyungsoo makes him so sweet and cute sleeping like a baby.

 

Chanyeol shakes his head and eyes focus on the road again. “what is that?” Chanyeol thought, feeling a bit shocked for his sudden action.

 

“whatever..”Chanyeol mumbled.

 

--

 

 

Upon reaching the huge mansion, Kyungsoo still remain sleep. Chanyeol have no idea what to do. Instead he fake a cough.

 

But still Kyungsoo is sleeping soundlessly. “yah!” Chanyeol increased his voice a bit.

 

Still its not working. Chanyeol then shakes Kyungsoo’s shoulder. “wake up!!!” his tone was rising.

 

Kyungsoo when feeling his boy shaken, immediately open his eyes and panick. “oh my Gosh. Are we there yet?”

 

Chanyeol quite surprised with Kyungsoo sudden panic attack and the tare of the wide eyes really shock him out. “fool..” he cussed as he got off from the car.

 

Kyungsoo shyly get out from the car and follows Chanyeol who had already reaching the front door.

 

“welcome home sir!” A butler bowed to both of them as they were walking.

 

 

Kyungsoo is super amazed with the beautiful and huge mansion of Chanyeol’s parents. Even though he already once been there but it really amazed the village boy like Kyungsoo.

 

 

“welcome honey.. come in.” Kyungsoo can heard a woman voice. it was Chanyeol’s mother. As also his mother in law.

 

Kyungsoo politely bows and gives a wonderful smile of his to his loving mother in law. “annyeong..”

 

“welcome too Kyungsoo-ah. Come lets have a dinner first before we get into real business.” Chanyeol’s mother was never been ugly with her smile on her face.

 

“n-ne..”Kyungsoo felt so happy. Happy that at least his mother in law is a kind lady that truly appreciate him as her son in law.

 

While Kyungsoo is approaching to the dining seat, he swears he could hear the sound of music playing along. What a wonderful moment to enjoy the mean with the background music is keep on playing.

 

Kyungsoo sits beside Chanyeol as he assumes that was the right place for him. Well he still remembers he needs to act beautifully as Chanyeol’s husband/wife? as he promised to do so just in front of the families.

 

“welcome Kyungsoo-ah..” this time Chanyeol’s dad greeted Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo shyly bows a little and smile to show a gratitude. Not that he doesn’t like the family but he finds it awkward to blend in with a rich and high level people in the society.

 

“you are looking gorgeous and fine. That’s my son in law. Always beautiful and charming.” Chanyeol’s dad compliment seemed a bit too far Kyungso thought. He was not that beautiful if Chanyeol can simply called him ugly and filthy.

 

“thank you.. im just an average village boy who has my grandfather only.” Kyungsoo spoke.

 

“oh God! Please darling! Don’t say that. You are indeed beautiful and charming inside and outside. No you are not just an average little boy. To us, you are more than that. You are even richer than us. You are such a polite and good man. Thats why me and dad will always love you and we would like to make you happy with Chanyeol too.” Chanyeol’s mother replied back.

 

 

“am i happy with my husband only treat me like a maid?” Kyungsoo thought. He will never thought of happiness like what just had his mother in law said. Chanyeol is forever cannot accept his as his fate and soul mate. Never ever.

 

Kyungsoo prays that maybe just maybe God will grant his wish. A wis to have a happy living family.

 

“mom, seems like you guys are just keep on talking about Kyungsoo since just now and you didnt ever talk about me at first. Who is your real son huh?” Chanyeol first words.

 

Chanyeol’s parents laughing like the words are just so funny. “mianhe Chanyeollie.. well we are basically excited to have Kyungsoo as our son in law. We really happy to have Kyungsoo as the part of the family. And yeah i know you are happy too just let us have a great moment with Kyungsoo too please..” Mrs.Park can be so childish sometimes.

 

“see, again we are talking about the same person again when i am the one should be the topic of the conversation.” Chanyeol faked a smile.

 

“seems like someone is jealous.” Mr.Park chuckled.

 

“what? jealous? Nah! Im rather eating in peaceful without any conversation cause there is no point of talking right now.” Chanyeol sipped his wine.

 

“okay okay. You win son. Okay now lets get to eat. Come one, please enjoy the food.”Mrs.Park smiled.

 

 

Kyungsoo actually feels a bit shy. Nope a lot. He feels so uncomfortable when basically he was on the point of any conversation. But now, it’s really uncomfortable when he sees a plate of steak right in front of him.

 

“w-what is this?” Kyungsoo gulped down his saliva as he keep on thinking how he is gonna eat that.

 

 

Everyone is already started to cut their steak when Kyungsoo apparently freezing on his seat while looking at the meat.

 

“Kyungsoo darling aren’t you eating?” Mrs.Park noticed Kyungsoo only watching his plate like watching a movie.

 

Kyungsoo bits his lips. He doesn’t know how to say a word to actually saying that he doesn’t know how to eat that thing on the plate.

 

“hmm..i-i don’t know h-how to eat this?” Kyungsoo cheeks were blushing and glowing.

 

 

“omo... i almost forgot, mianhe Kyungsoo-ah. Omma must be so bad to you. i’ve should cooking a Korean food rather than western.” Mrs.Park apologised sincerely.

 

‘its okay. I-im going to eat the mash potato..” Kyungsoo really wished he died on the moment as he feels so stupid as a person that living in the judgemental world.

 

“wait.. Chanyeollie.. how could you be a bad husband. You should cut the meat for Kyungsoo.” Mrs,Park narrowed her eyes to her son to sign him.

 

Chanyeol choke on his food. “w-why me?”

 

“yah!!” Mr.Park hit Chanyeol’s arms. “of course you are Kyungsoo’s husband. Of course you have to do so. Be a nice and  a good gentleman to your wife please Chanyeollie..”

 

“AIGOO~” Chanyeol sighed.

 

Kyungsoo knows inside Chanyeol’s heart, there is never a sincere to do anything that regarding him. he barely seeing Chanyeol cuts the meat for him forcedly like he was forced to do so not because he was willing so.

 

Chanyeol passes the plate back to Kyungsoo and continues eating his food.

 

“t-thanks..” Kyungsoo muffled slowly but still can be heard.

 

“aigoo.. why is the two of them is so cute. this is why i love boys love...” Mrs,Park grinned.

 

Chanyeol eyes seem on fire when Kyungsoo stares on them. He knows when they get back to their home, he is gonna get his pay.

 

--

 

 

The dinner at last finished. Kyungsoo can now breath as the awkward moment has ended.

 

Kyungsoo feels so full because he feels so much love from Chanyeol’s parents. Just like he dreamt.  A one and happy family. However, a happy ending will never be happened to him he guess.  Chanyeol is hardly taking him as his real soul mate.

 

Kyungsoo had his time to enjoy the cool breeze on the night by sitting in the swing while enjoying the time. “dear time, please freeze to the happy moment only. I wanna feel happy too.” Kyungsoo mumbled.

 

“hey, what are you doing here?” a sudden voice made Kyungso jerked his body front.

 

“oramoni..” Kyungsoo said softly.

 

Mrs.Park sits beside Kyungsoo on the swing. “mind if i join in?”

 

Kyungsoo smile. “nope when im not even the owner.”

 

Mrs.Park giggles. “You are so nice Kyungsoo-ah.. that is why i really love you.”

 

Kyungsoo rubs his nape. He always hear that compliment from Chanyeol’s mom frequently when he seeing her.

 

“i-im not.. i-im just average and..”

 

“shhh.. that is one of your gifted you know?”

 

“g-gift?”

 

“yea. you are so humble and will always keep you head low when you are the most richest man ever?”

 

“i-i don’t get it?”

 

Mrs.Park takes Kyungsoo’s hand and rubs it. “a real rich man is the one who can keep his head low. You are rich of smiles and pure heart. You have the innocent heart. Others  barely has like yours. That’s why i really love you. you are full of sincerity and cute too.”

 

Kyungso cheeks already blushed in pink. He keeps his head lower while smiling and trying to hold his pink face.

 

“omo.. look at that smile.. don’t keep it from me. i wanna see your beautiful smile.”

 

Kyungsoo chuckles. Mrs.Park really a good talker. Wish every mother in law is the best like Chanyeol’s mother.

 

“Kyungsoo-ah.. i know things might get harder. But please don’t give up on Chanyeol. He maybe a bit rough but he is a nice guy too. Please don’t give up on him and please make him fall for you. Let he sees your true kindness.” Chanyeol’s mom eyes were already teary.

 

“oramoni.. wae.. don’t cry..”Kyungsoo eyes are already red too.

 

“nope it just i know you might have hard time where you supposed not to have. I really want you to be the part of the family. I know someday Chanyeol will open his heart for you. just wait for it and don’t give it a loose.”

 

 

Kyungsoo smiles as he wishes that too. “loving my husband is the best thing i’ve ever had. Why would i give up?” Kyungsoo then hugged Mrs.Park. “thanks for giving me such a love and a taste of happy family. I wish harapuji can enjoy it too.”

 

“of course he can. Next time i will make sure he join us too okay. Now smile and don’t cry anymore.” They broke the hug and smiled to each other like an idiot.

 

“omma.. is this a path for me?. A path of me to at least has a taste of a happy family. Omma.. did you send Mrs.Park for me to look and love me? if so, thank you omma. I wish that in another world we can meet again and be a happy family too. I really miss and love you and appa. Mr and Mrs.Park are so nice to me. they treat me well and i hope they are the people that will forever be blessed. Thank you God. Thank you omma, appa. I will find my happiness from now on. I will never give up. I will build my own happy family too.” Kyungsoo said silently in his heart.

 

 

“One is a million of stars that are shining, you are the only one that i will never wanted to lose Chanyeol-ssi. I will never give up, cause you are the star that i’ve picked.” Kyungsoo felt so full of encouragement.

 

--

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N

 

 

 

Assssssaaaa... souka souka.. hehe. So another update from me.. yea im kind of busy but hopefully you guys are patiently waiting for my next update.

 

I know i cant promise to have a frequent update but so far that i know i never wanted to give up on this story. Because Chansoo is the best otp that i guess starting to warm up right now huh..? oh yeah and apologise for being a bad author and please pray hard for my final exam. Saranghaeyooooo (~_~,)