2.

Caterpillar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's lunch time now. 

Youngjae and Jaebum made their way to the court yard to eat their packed lunches. Youngjae's mother always made them both lunches ever since the two boys became good friends. She never told them what would be in them though, opting for a surprise every time. "What did you get today?" Jaebum asked. Youngjae stuck his hand in the brown paper bag and pulled out two lunch boxes neatly tied together. They could smell the contents of the boxes. Jaebum sighed, while Youngjae celebrated with a light laugh. "Man, lucky you. That means I got the sandwich today," Jaebum said as he pulled out a sandwich wrapped in foil. Youngjae smiled. He often got the good lunch, but not as often as he liked. Just as they started to eat, someone approached them with light steps. They turned to see who the newcomer was, and saw that it was Jinyoung.

"Hey, I know I didn't talk to you guys often. Can I sit with you guys? I don't wanna be a loner." The two boys smiled and told him he could sit with them. Its not like he was a complete stranger. "So, did you not get enough sleep last night?" Youngjae questioned. Jinyoung looked at him with a puzzled expression, but then relaxed after he understood what the boy meant. "Ah, you're talking about me sleeping in class earlier right? No, I didn't. I mean, who sleeps early anymore?" Jinyoung said with a laugh. Youngjae scratched the back of his neck, and Jinyoung noticed this. "I do most of the time," Youngjae said, a bit embarrassed. "Ah, I'm sorry. I didn't know-"

"It's okay. Don't worry about it."

"So why weren't you here yesterday?" Jaebum asked, changing the subject. Jinyoung looked confused. The two boys looked at each other. "You know yesterday was the first day right?" Jinyoung looked dumbfounded. "Oh god really? I thought today was the first day! No wonder I feel like I'm missing something in every class so far." Jinyoung literally face palmed and laughed. "Damn, I feel stupid. I missed the first day, and slept through the first half of the second day. Wow."

At that time, the warning bell had rung. It was time to get back to class. The three boys packed up the remnants of their lunches, and made their way to the classroom. The two friends were walking side by side. Jaebum was too close for Youngjae's liking. Their hands were almost touching. Youngjae's palms were sweating. They always did when he was thinking about his friend, and not in the ways he should. Jaebum was talking with Jinyoung, catching him up on what he missed y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter