4.

Caterpillar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The two boys were asleep. Or so they thought. One was still awake, and thinking about just what happened an hour earlier. 

Jaebum lay awake, on his makeshift bed. He was on his side, back facing the younger boy. 

Jaebum wasn't sure how to feel about the younger boy's confession. He was sad and upset, yet happy at the same time. But among all other things, he was hurt. Hurt that his best friend couldn't even trust him with his secret. He didn't care if Youngjae was gay. Heck he was biual himself, so why judge? He couldn't quite get why Youngjae didn't want him to know. He didn't even want to tell him it was a boy that he liked or who it was. 

Jaebum turned to his other side to look at the sleeping face of his best friend. 

"What are you hiding from me Choi Youngjae? And why?" Jaebum whispered to himself. 

--- The Next Morning ---

Youngjae was woken up by the faint sound of a vacuum cleaner downstairs. He remembered that Jaebum had spent the night and face palmed. Peeking over the side of his bed, he found said boy still fast asleep but facing him. He had the perfect view of his sleeping figure. How he looked so calm and peaceful in this state. Youngjae thought about how it would be to wake up to that every morning. He smiled at the thought, but then frowned. Who am I kidding? That would never happen.

Feeling the need to pee, he got up carefully as to not disturb a sleeping Jaebum. After doing his morning routine, he went downstairs to greet his mother. "Morning mom," he said with a smile and placing a kiss to her cheek. "Ah, Youngjae you're up?" He sat down at the table, knowing she had made breakfast already. Just as he thought, his mother placed a plate of stacked pancakes in the center of the table. "And don't eat all of them, save some for Jaebum." Youngjae sighed and only grabbed 2 pancakes, suddenly not feeling as hungry as he was before. Speaking of Jaebum, said boy was pretty much dragging his tired self down the stairs and slumped in the chair across from Youngjae.

"Good morning, mom made pancakes if you want some," Youngjae told the boy.

"Mernin'," Jaebum said, sleepily.

"Honey, if you're still tired you can go sleep for a little bit," Mrs. Choi offered. Jaebum slowly shook his head and declined the offer, saying he was fine.

And with that, the two boys sat and ate in silence. Both afraid that the other would bring up the incident

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter