Jealousy

Sinful?

 

I am the first one up today- well, every day, really. Everyone else has someone to cuddle up with at night. I am all by myself. It leaves me the task of making breakfast for everyone else all by myself. I grumble to myself as I rummage in the cabinet for my favorite cereal. I cannot cook on an empty stomach. Unfortunately, my fingers grasp nothing. My cereal is not in the spot I usually set it in. this means someone ate the last of my cereal. And that is the last straw for me today-already.

“For the love of God, who ate all my cereal,” I bellow miserably.

“Taking the Lord’s name in vain is a sin, Youngbae,” Daeseong chides me while yawning as he stumbles into the kitchen.

“I recall two certain people repeatedly screaming ‘Oh God’ last night,” I snap at him. “And I find it hard to believe that you and Seunghyun were praying out loud together.”

Daeseong closes his mouth rather suddenly and turns away from as if he is ashamed of himself.

“You are just jealous you do not have anyone to screw around with like the rest of us,” Jiyong joins the conversation and pinches my cheek playfully. I brush his hand away from my face and glare at him.

“I bet it was Seungri that ate your cereal,” Daeseong is the first to throw blame around. He shuts the fridge and sets a gallon of milk on the counter. “We still have all the stuff for waffles. Where is the mix?”

“Right here,” Jiyong chirps, ignoring me and the dark cloud growing over my head as he hands Daeseong the box of mix.

“What is with Captain Cranky,” Seunghyun jokes as he saunters into the kitchen.

“He is just mad because someone ate his cereal,” Daeseong’s words are punctuated by kisses from Seunghyun.

“It is more than that,” I say darkly before leaving the kitchen. I should not have said that much. Jiyong is right behind me and he pounces on me, tripping me and causing me to fall onto the couch.

“Talk to me,” he says, trying not to smirk. I look up to see Seunghyun and Daeseong hovering from the kitchen.

“Do you two mind,” I snap suddenly.

“Not at all,” Seunghyun smirks before pulling Daeseong back into the kitchen. I can still hear them giggling and kissing noisily.

“I hate those two,” I mutter under my breath.

“Oh, you do not. You are just jealous of them- of all of us, really.”

“Did you have to say it out loud?”

“I did. Your jealousy has always been your biggest downfall, mostly because you fall into that trap too easily. But I am not going to sit here and let you stew in your negative emotions. Come on, show me a smile.” Jiyong starts up a weird, jerking dance to try and get me to smile. I refuse to play his game. Before long, all four of them are in the living room, dancing around like a bunch of idiots.

“Stop it, stop it, please,” I sputter after Seunghyun attempts a spin that leaves him stumbling and crashing into the others.

“There we go,” Jiyong chirps and pinches my cheek again. “Problem solved. Now, how about those waffles?”