Jungkook - Confession

BTSxyou story dump

Jungkook takes a deep breath.

He can do this.

He will do this.

There she comes!

His breathing is erratic; his heart racing like a testosterone-enraged stallion; his neck getting heated under the collar.

She walks by, perfumed with the scents of pumpkin and cinnamon, hair as golden as chestnuts and shining like diamonds, smile blessed by the sun gods…

And there goes his will, again.

Jungkook slumps against his table as her signature scent wafts past him, his courage to just say those damned 3 words dissipating like a cool autumn breeze.

“I like you.”

Is it so damn hard to say three words?!

Jungkook sighs in frustration. He needs a game plan.

---

She’s laughing with that girl that Jungkook can’t be bothered to remember the name of. Her hands swing her hair behind her back, and Jungkook’s starstruck eyes follow its wave-like ripple as it moves.

She sits right in front of him in class, and Jungkook doesn’t waste his time. He spends every second memorising her back, the colour of her hair as the sun sets and casts its smile on her beauty, the length of her skirt when she leans forward just a tad too much (hey watch it, he’s still a boy), the sparkle of her jewelled earrings as they catch the light.

He doesn’t know what it is about her that is so… enticing.

If Jungkook were to describe her as colours…

Her eyes are blackest onyx, but twinkle with starlight when she smiles. Her laugh is so… silvery. It sounds like bells chiming. Her voice is a sweet cherry red. Her smile is golden like the sun’s rays, and Jungkook can feel himself getting a sunburn when she turns that beam to him. Her hair is rich as chocolate, and her body is the sultriest purple.

She is beautiful, but her heart even more so.

She’s got a ton of strange habits, like biting her thumbnail when she’s stressed, or braiding her hair when she’s bored, or touching her nose when she’s doing her work… Jungkook’s been sitting behind her for like, a year, and none of this has been lost on him.

He wants her soft lips on his, those velvet hands caressing his chest as her cinnamon scented hair tickles his nose when-

Jungkook groans. Now is not the time to be thinking of kissing her.

And then the sun decides to shine when she turns her attention to him.

“Jungkook-ssi!” that beautiful red voice calls out, her features crinkling into a smile that outshines the goddamn moon.

“Yes,” HIS VOICE CRACKED “ –coughs- I MEAN YES!”

Why did he just yell at her face…? Jungkook feels like slapping himself.

She seems unperturbed, the smile only going brighter.

“Jungkook-ssi, I was wondering if you could help me out a little,” she smiles.

Why do her eyes look like crescent moons and her smile like a spaceship hurtling into the Sun and those ears so dainty and perfect and her nose like a ski-slope he wanted to ride and-

“Jungkook-ssi?” her voice turns questioning and her smile drops.

“U-uh, yeah! Yeah I can help just say the word and I’ll be there! To help! I like helping! Helping is…” Jungkook trails off from his rambling, his ears heating to red-hot levels. “I meant, yeah sure I’ll help you.”

“Do you know the homework for tomorrow?” she asks, that sizzling laser beam of a smile directed at him again.

It’s like she wants to kill him!

“Uh…”

Wait, now is his chance to impress her. He could totally pull that cool one liner that all the guys pulled and they got super laid! And then she would love him forever and ever and his heart would explode and the world would be good and…

He is totally going to do it.

“I don’t know the homework but-” he starts.

“Okay, cool Jungkook-ssi! Thanks!” she interrupts and turns back to her friend.

“But I know the date…” he trails off hopelessly. “As in… me… As in… date… me...”

Jungkook groans and slumps onto the table as she chatters on with her friend.

Why is life so cruel? Why didn’t his line work? Why-

“I’m free tomorrow, after school. Let’s go eat ice cream!” she smiles at him kindly as she and her friend stand to go. “I’ve liked you for a while too!”

Jungkook feels his face break out into a huge exhilarated grin as she shoots him a wink and leaves.

Life is… pretty good after all.