Jin - Alone

BTSxyou story dump

It’s the same motion over and over again. It’s almost like clockwork now.

First, she makes friends.

Second, she breaks up with them.

Third, she comes to Seokjin to pick up the pieces.

She has her face buried in her hands now, as he watches her silently. He sits there, absorbing as much of her torrential feelings as she can let out.

The room echoes with her angry sobs, the tears staining her red bedspread a dark maroon. The moon peeps in daringly through the window as Seokjin sits on the edge of the bed, watching, waiting.

The current friendship had lasted only a month. The boy had been nice enough; he was pretty intelligent, could hold a witty conversation, was pretty friendly…

And then he’d come just a little too close to breaking her mask.

She’d ended it right there, just before the lid on those tightly suppressed emotions exploded.

He’d witnessed it all, from the breakup, to her tears, to the pounding steps she took as she ran for her sanctuary, him.

Seokjin sighs as she spills her tears into her hands.

He cannot understand her.

She craves for love. She wants people’s affection yet… she pushes them away the minute things get tough, when one wrong step happens.

She’s afraid. She’s fragile.

She doesn’t want them to be hurt… but subconsciously, she doesn’t want to be hurt either. The emotions that stir inside her… she feels that they are too saturated, too concentrated, too much for anyone to handle. She doesn’t want anyone to experience what she’s truly like.

She’s scared to reveal her true colours of her pent-up emotion. She’s scared of rejection. She’s scared that they will be seared by the fire of her tongue and the spite on her lips and the white-hot heat of her emotions.

Seokjin wants to change that.

She’s the kindest person he’s ever met. She’s got the biggest heart and the widest smile. She deserves a better life than this. She deserves people to spend it with.

And that isn’t going to happen if he doesn’t do something about this.

“I’m sorry, we can’t be friends anymore.”

“Wait, what? What’s wrong?”

“I just… I just don’t want you to get hurt.”

The boy is left questioning and pained, wondering what he did wrong, while the girl runs for her safe haven, the boy she dreams of when it hurts too much.

Her sobs eventually quieten, turning to soft whimpers as the night lies dusky beyond the window.

The stars burn brightly tonight, he thinks to himself as she turns to him, eyes filled with unshed tears.

“They can’t handle it,” is the first thing that comes out of . Her voice is choked with raw grief.

“They can,” he affirms. “Have a little more faith in humanity.”

“They can’t!” she yells, sitting up in her bed.

He doesn’t flinch at her volume.

“They’ll… they’ll hate me,” she covers her face in the blanket. “… I’ll hate me if they never forgive me again.”

Seokjin sighs painfully. He wants her to be happy.

“You’ll be alone… if you keep pushing them away,” he starts off slowly.

“I deserve it.” The pain in her voice is evident. “I’m a horrible person. People will just hate me when they find out who I truly am… I’m a monster, Jin.”

“You are not,” his voice is deadly serious.

“I am!” she bursts back into tears. “I can’t deal with all these feelings and then when people get close they’ll just be turned off by who I am or when I explode they’ll hate me forever-”

“You are not,” Jin seethes angrily. “You will never be a monster.”

“You are the most beautiful person I have ever met, both inside and out. You have a big heart, and I love you so much that I don’t want you to hurt yourself anymore. Life is more than being scared of hurting people!”

The silence is palpable.

“Some people will be hurt by you, that’s for sure, but so many others like me will love you all the more for it. What is a relationship without ups and downs?”

Her eyes are round as moons as he gets down on his knees.

“You have to live your life,” he begs her quietly, tears filling in his eyes. “For both you and for me.”

“… Please…”

---

The next few friendships are rocky, but they’re still there.

She’s had a fight recently with Amanda, where she spat bitter words and hate-filled texts at her, but she apologised a few days after that. Amanda is pretty easygoing, so there were lots of hugs, lots of crying and lots of making up.

Steven and her are pretty cool. They have the same problem of bottled up emotions and they’re both working on it together. Maybe one day she’ll step out of her shell and be the person she was meant to be.

Seokjin smiles as he watches them.

She’s living her life well. The cycle has been broken.

She’s got other friends now. He’s not needed anymore.

She is free.

He wipes his tearstained face dry before he disappears forever into the recesses of her mind, hoping he will never have to wake again.

Hi everyone! This is the first chapter of the BTSxyou story dump. It's not a romance story, but I do hope you'll still give it a try >w< 

PS IDK if you managed to catch it, but in this fic, Jin is an imaginary friend! Heh PLOT TWIST watch out doughnuts. ;) He doesn't want to wake up again bc that means she needs him!

I have experience with imaginary friends in teenagerhood so like Jin's words are just words that my own friend said to me before hehehe 

Anyway, it's my first time trying something like this, so I hope that you guys like it and send me more requests to work with! Thank you very much for reading and I hope you have a pleasant day ahead!

-Peanut