Memories, trips and affections

Beyond the Shadow

 

2

 

Turned out that both Yongnam and Himchan shared quite a lot of mutual interests between them.

They both loved music. They preferred coffee while Yongguk liked tea. They both were heavy sleepers and Yongguk was a morning person. They liked eating sushi but Yongguk favoured western food. Both of them loved watching movies and Yongguk on the other hand, liked having the original, which was reading the books.

He was the total opposite to Yongnam and Himchan.

They were a perfect match for each other, Yongguk thought. Maybe Himchan was meant to be with Yongnam after all. His brother even treated him nicely since the first time they met, always letting Himchan tag along with him when he played outside their house despite Yongguk’s protest. Yongguk however only managed to make Himchan cry and giving him the cold shoulder.

Yongnam was the one for Himchan. Maybe he was since the start of their friendship.

 

-

 

When they turned twenty years old, the three of them entered—yet again—the same university. Yongguk majored in architecture while Yongnam and Himchan were both majoring in arts and music. They never stopped hanging out together even after graduating from high school. Himchan’s parents had moved away to live in New York but their son decided to stay in Korea to be with his friends.

They were still best friends but things weren’t really the same anymore.

Yongnam and Himchan were in a relationship. They became much closer to each other. Yongnam would always spend his time with Himchan instead of Yongguk now. Himchan no longer bothered Yongguk during his reading session or touched him in ways that were confusing. Yongguk felt like he was the third wheel, an outcast. But he had no way out of this circle. He was his brother’s shadow. He had nowhere to run.

It was a bit of disappointment when Yongguk was left alone to room with a stranger when he registered into the dorm. He thought Yongnam would be rooming with him but as it turned out that his twin brother had planned to share a room with Himchan. They were a couple after all, Yongguk told himself. Of course they wanted to be with each other 24 hours.

Yongguk’s roommate was an engineering student who came from Busan. His name was Daehyun. He liked talking a lot and that annoyed Yongguk. He didn’t like having long conversations with the people he just met. He felt uncomfortable being around such people. He wanted to tell Daehyun to shut up but the boy looked so cheerful and innocent—which somehow reminded him of Himchan—that he hadn’t had the heart to do so.

The next time Yongguk returned to the dorm, he brought along his headphone. He would put it on and pretend that he was listening to music and read his books just so his roommate wouldn’t bother him.

 

-

 

The first time Himchan and Yongnam had a fight was after the university’s annual celebration.

Upon starting university, Himchan had stopped playing for the band because he wanted to commit to his studies and join the student bodies to sharpen his communication skills. Yongnam still played the guitar. He joined a new band in the campus and had come to love rock music. His band was well known among the students and people from outside. They were even asked to perform for the special stage during the annual celebration by the chancellor.

That night Himchan caught Yongnam hanging out with a random stranger. The stranger was a girl from the same major but Himchan didn’t know what her name was. She had her hands on Yongnam’s arm the whole time they were talking and it flared the jealousy within Himchan. He didn’t come up to the girl to bash her though. He merely stared at his boyfriend exchanging intimate smiles with the girl and kept his mouth shut. Yongguk knew how Himchan was. He was the kind of person who’d cry over animal documentaries and liked celebrating his friends’ achievement—even if the achievement was only minor. He wouldn’t show his frustration or anger to anyone because he didn’t want to bother people or make them worry about him. He’d rather bottle up his feelings and let things go. But in this case, it was Yongnam, his boyfriend.

Himchan gave Yongnam the silent treatment the next day and Yongguk only found out that they had a fight when his twin brother came to his room in the middle of the night, carrying his pillow in one arm and a change of clothes in the other. When Yongguk asked what happened between them, Yongnam only shook his head, a deep frown etched on his gloomy face.

Yongguk knew that this was something serious because Himchan was not the kind of person to fuss over little things and so did Yongnam. His brother must have done something to make Himchan upset. Maybe it wasn’t only because of that girl. Maybe there was something else. Yongguk needed to know because he didn’t like seeing his brother and Himchan fight. They were friends, after all.

“So you heard about me and Yongnam, huh?”

Himchan had his eyes on the armrest of the bench he was currently sitting on when Yongguk found him at the park. Upon closer inspection, Yongguk could see that he was doodling random things on the wooden surface with a pencil. Yongguk wanted to tell him that he was committing vandalism but seeing the forlorn look on Himchan’s face made him change his mind. Joking wasn’t the right thing to do at the time, he reminded himself.

“Yongnam told me, yeah.” Yongguk sat down next to him, clasping his hands together as he looked up at the night sky. “He’s worried about you. You’re alone in the room and he said that it gets really dark at night because the technician hasn’t come to repair the lights.”

A snort came from Himchan.

“I can take care of myself. I have my night light with me…”

Yongguk chuckled and nudged at his elbow.

“Yongnam’s really worried about you. He doesn’t know why you’re giving him the cold shoulder. You’re not explaining things to him.”

Himchan shut his eyes and let out a soft sigh.

“He’s spending too much time with his band since he came here. He met a lot of new people and obviously a lot of the girls are interested in him. I mean, I don’t care about them flirting with him because I know that he wouldn’t be interested in them. It’s just that he’s too nice sometimes, you know? He could’ve told them to leave him alone instead of letting them touch him or anything. I bet he wouldn’t even push a girl away if she were to kiss him.”

Yongguk frowned at Himchan’s words.

“Yongnam wouldn’t let that happen, Himchan. He knows when to draw the line. You know he’s a people person. He likes meeting new people and socialising. And it’s true that he’s too polite sometimes that he doesn’t have the courage to reprimand someone but there’s no way he would kiss someone else nor flirt with them. He likes you, Himchan.”

“If he really likes me then he wouldn’t be attending every party they invited him to and instead stay with me in the room.” Himchan sulked, chin resting on his knees as he brought his legs to his chest.

“Maybe he doesn’t realize that you’re not cool with him hanging out that often with other people. You haven’t told him about it don’t you?”

Himchan blinked up at Yongguk and tilted his head sideways, looking genuinely surprised.

“How did you know?”

Yongguk shrugged and his hands into the pockets of his jeans, slumping in his seat.

“We’ve been friends since forever, of course I can read you like an open book.”

When Yongguk took a glance at his friend, he caught Himchan staring at him closely. Himchan seemed truly surprised at what Yongguk told him. The gaze he had on him didn’t last long though because Himchan suddenly stood up and dusted off his shirt, looking away from Yongguk.

“I guess I should apologize to Yongnam.” Himchan ran a hand through his caramel hair.

Apparently he’d experimented with different kinds of hair color these past few years and only settled for the current one after failing with his ginger hair. People kept calling him carrot boy when he had that color last year and he’d brooded over the matter for almost a week before Yongnam convinced him that he looked cute. Yongguk thought that Himchan suited every color he dyed his hair in. He was always good looking. He even used contact lens instead of spectacles now. He was getting more attractive as the years passed by.

Yongguk cursed under his breath when he caught himself staring at Himchan for too long. He was someone else’s lover. He had to keep a distance between them even if they were best friends.

Both of them walked back to Yongguk’s room and the moment Yongnam opened the door, Himchan walked up to him and wrapped his arms around his boyfriend, apologizing over and over again for being silly and insecure. Yongnam was taken aback by Himchan’s sudden change of mood but he didn’t question anything. He only tightened his arms around Himchan and promised him that he would try his best to balance the time he spent with his band and him.

Yongguk stood at the doorway with a small smile on his lips. He was reminded of the day Yongnam confessed to Himchan. This time he didn’t feel dejected, nothing like his heart being shattered into pieces. He was quite happy to see them making up. The relieved look on Yongnam’s face told Yongguk that he did the right thing to bring Himchan here. He was truly glad that Yongnam could smile again.

When their eyes met, Yongnam mouthed a thank you to him.

Yongguk returned the gesture with a wider smile.

Who was he kidding? It still hurt a little.

 

-

 

“So we’re thinking of setting you up on a date this Sunday.”

Yongguk burst into a coughing fit the moment Himchan spoke up. He quickly fetched himself a tissue and wiped the tea stain off his mouth, glaring at Yongnam when he laughed at him.

“I don’t need a date.” He shook his head, looking down into his cup of tea. They were hanging out at the café near their campus. It was raining hard outside. Yongguk regretted for not bringing his umbrella with him. He didn’t want to trudge through the rain. He’d done it before and ended up catching a fever.

“Oh come on, Yongguk. She’s a nice girl!” Himchan leaned forward, elbows perched on the table. Yongnam had his arm around Himchan’s shoulders, nodding at what his boyfriend said. “Her name’s Jung Eunji. We’re in the same class and I’ve been hanging out with her for a while. She’s cool and really pretty. I’m sure you’ll like her.”

Yongguk shook his head again, clearly not interested in being set up for a date but then his brother chimed in.

“From what Himchan told me, she’s a courteous woman and she takes good care of her parents. She also talks well and has a nice voice. She sings sometimes. That’s totally your type, right?”

“Well…” Yongguk shrugged and glanced over at Himchan who was staring at him expectantly.

“I’ve never seen you date someone before. This will be the perfect opportunity, Yongguk.” Yongnam persuaded him with his eyebrows raised, grinning meaningfully.

“But I don’t think she’ll like me…” Yongguk tried reasoning but then Himchan waved a hand dismissively.

“Don’t you worry. I told her all about you. She knows that you don’t like talking that much and you need time to open up to people you just met. And I also told her that you can be quite emotionless sometimes. She doesn’t seem fazed at all. I think she’s interested in meeting you, Yongguk.” Himchan smiled, clasping his hands together. “So…?”

Yongguk rolled his eyes and slumped in his seat.

“When is the date?”

Both Yongnam and Himchan high fived each other and filled him in with the date schedule. Yongguk could only nod from time to time, not really paying attention to what they were blathering about. It was obvious that Himchan had come up with the plan. He’d always asked Yongguk about his preference in girls lately and he kept on hinting about going out there and meet people so he could find someone he like.

He had no idea why Himchan cared so much about his dating life.

 

-

 

“Take the flowers.”

“No, that’s cheesy. I’m not cheesy, Himchan.”

Himchan huffed in frustration and shoved the bouquet of roses to Yongguk’s chest, not giving him the chance to argue.

“She’ll like it. Now go in there and ace this date, Yongguk.” Himchan pushed him towards the door to the café they visited last Wednesday and gave him a wink. “Good luck.”

Yongguk shook his head and stepped inside, scanning the whole café to find his date sitting at the corner, fiddling with her fingers and gnawing at her lower lip. She really was pretty. Himchan had shown Yongguk a picture of her before he went to the date. Compared to the picture, she looked ten times better in reality. The brown curls that were draped over her shoulders gave her an elegant appearance and she was wearing a beige dress with laces that reminded Yongguk of an angel. If only Yongguk hadn’t been interested in someone else, he maybe would’ve fallen for her on the first sight.

“Um, Jung Eunji?” Yongguk cleared his throat, focusing his sight on her forehead instead of her eyes because he wasn’t comfortable in staring people straight in the eye on his first meeting.

“Yeah,” the girl nodded, her pink lips stretched into a smile. She then bowed her head slightly and offered Yongguk a seat opposite hers. She kept on fidgeting in her seat, her eyes darting anywhere else except on Yongguk. “So, um, you’re Bang Yongguk, Himchan’s friend?”

Yongguk gave her a nod and leaned back in his seat. He noticed that Eunji was blushing hard. Her hands were shaking slightly when she grabbed the menu on the table.

His phone vibrated in his pocket. He pulled it out and read the message from Himchan. His friend wanted him to try having a long conversation with Eunji. Yongguk sighed. He wasn’t good at maintaining long conversations. Another message came in. This time it was from Yongnam. He told his brother that he would beat him up if he made Eunji cry on their first date. There was even a wink at the end of the text.

Yongnam was seriously pushing him too hard, he thought. He never complained about being alone before and never once did he set his eyes on someone he found attractive. He was just never interested in dating. He thought that maybe his brother was doing this because he didn’t want Yongguk to feel left out when they hung out together.

“I heard you like art.” Eunji spoke up after a moment of silence. By now she looked more composed. Yongguk nodded again, as always lacking in words. “Who’s your favourite artist?”

“Van Gogh.”

“Oh, me too!” Eunji beamed. Yongguk was almost blinded by the wide smile on her face. “Starry Night’s my favourite. What about you?”

“I’d say his self-portrait.” Yongguk crossed his arms and stared outside the window, hoping that Himchan wasn’t trying to spy on the date.

The whole time they talked, Yongguk kept on glancing outside. Himchan had told him that he would wait for him somewhere nearby after he’d finished the date. Yongguk didn’t know why Himchan had to do that. He could’ve just waited for Yongguk at the dorm.

The date only lasted for an hour and a half. Yongguk and Eunji barely talked to each other because Eunji was the only one who came up with topics to talk about. Yongguk could see that she was trying her best to keep the conversation alive and he felt bad for her when he failed to respond that much. It was just that he didn’t like being forced to talk about his interest. He wasn’t used to telling people about himself.

“I had a really great time. It was fun talking to you, Yongguk-ssi.” Eunji walked outside the cafe with Yongguk following behind. She then turned to face him and tightened her grip on her handbag, her eyes on the ground. She was blushing again, Yongguk noticed. “Um, if you don’t mind, I would like to have lunch with you again someday.”

Yongguk punched at himself mentally when Eunji let the words out. The girl sure was sweet but Yongguk wasn’t interested in her. Frankly speaking, he kept on thinking about finishing his lunch as fast as he could because he felt uncomfortable sitting with a stranger and having lunch with her. And knowing that Himchan was waiting for him worried him. He didn’t want to make Himchan wait that long.

“Eunji-ssi, I’ll have to apologize to you.” Yongguk bowed. He then produced the bouquet of roses Himchan had given him earlier. Eunji took the flowers hesitantly, eyeing Yongguk in total confusion. “Throughout the date I wasn’t really paying attention. It’s not because you bore me or anything, don’t get the wrong idea. You’re really nice and pretty but to be honest, I have someone else on my mind. I’m truly sorry.”

Eunji’s eyes widened at the confession. She bit on her lower lip and stared down at the flowers. She then lifted her head and gave Yongguk a smile.

“I understand. No wonder you kept on staring outside.” Yongguk swore he could see the disappointment plastered on her face but he didn’t know how he could make her feel better. Apologizing was the only thing he could do. When Eunji saw the guilty look Yongguk was wearing on his face, she let out a chuckle and gave his arm a gentle pat. “It’s not your fault that the date didn’t work out. Don’t feel bad about it. I know Himchan forced you to go on this date and I’m thankful for that actually. He always talks about you.”

Yongguk’s ears perked at the last sentence.

“I got interested so I had this urge to meet you in person. You really are mysterious and quiet, just like what Himchan mentioned to me.” Eunji adjusted the strap of her handbag on her shoulder and rested the bouquet of flowers in the crook of her arm. For a person who just got rejected, she was quite composed and relaxed. Yongguk admired that about her. It made him feel guiltier for letting the opportunity to date someone as cool as Eunji go just like that.

If only he’d move on from Himchan things wouldn’t turn out this way.

“Well, nice meeting you Bang Yongguk-ssi. I’ll take my leave now.”

Yongguk bid her farewell and watched her board the bus. When she was gone, he let out a sigh and pulled out his phone. There was a text message from Himchan. He was asking him about the date. Yongguk didn’t reply. Instead he dialled his friend’s number and told him that he was going to meet him.

When they met each other at the bookstore where Himchan was waiting for him, Yongguk told him everything about the date. He told Himchan that he rejected Eunji. He didn’t expect for Himchan to stay quiet though. He thought that he would demand for an explanation or scold him for rejecting his friend. Instead, he gave him a smile.

He ing smiled. Yongguk couldn’t understand him. This was one of the moments where Yongguk felt betrayed by his ability in observing people. He thought he knew how Himchan would act or would notice the disappointment in his eyes but turned out that there were things that he still didn’t know about his friend.

“Too bad, huh. I was hoping that you would be interested in her.”

The words spoken sounded half-hearted. Yongguk could sense it. He wanted to ask Himchan what he was thinking about as he ran his fingers along the spines of the books on the shelves but he kept his mouth shut.

After Himchan started dating Yongnam they barely got to spend their time alone like they used to when they were in high school. It was rare for Yongguk to have moments like this with Himchan nowadays. He didn’t want to break the illusion of him on a date with Himchan in the bookstore so he pressed his lips together and walked beside his friend silently, a warm smile made its appearance to his face.

He really missed spending his time with Himchan.

 

-

 

Summer came with warm breeze and a sunny day.

Yongguk sat down on a bench at the bus stop and waited for the others to come. From what he heard from Himchan, the later said that there would be a total of eight people joining their trip to the beach house. Two of them were Yongnam’s band members and the other three were Himchan’s friends. Yongnam had told Yongguk to bring his roommate, Daehyun to the trip so that he wouldn’t feel awkward mingling with his brother’s friends but Yongguk himself was already awkward with his own roommate. Plus his roommate talked too much. He didn’t want to go on a trip only to listen to his roommate babble about his tutorials. He’d rather be alone and maybe catch up with some of the books he hadn’t had the chance to read.

“Sorry we’re late!” Himchan’s apologized as he walked by Yongnam’s side, waving at Yongguk with a big smile on his face. He was wearing a simple white tee complemented with a pair of black shorts that reached his calves, a duffel bag slung over his shoulder. His friends were also there behind him. Yongguk spotted Eunji among Himchan’s friends. When their eyes met, Eunji gave him a soft smile and he responded with a curt nod.

“Did you wait long?” Yongnam gave his little brother a pat on the shoulder. Yongguk shook his head and made some space for his brother to sit down beside him.

“How did you come to know about the beach house?” he asked his brother.

“Oh, Sung Joon’s father owns the beach house and no one’s using it because his parents are on a vacation around Europe.” Yongnam pointed a thumb at his friend who was conversing with one of Himchan’s friends. Yongguk recognized him as the vocalist of the band. “The other members couldn’t join on the trip so we figured that inviting you guys along would be fun. I get to spend time with Himchan too.”

A grin made its way to Yongnam’s face. Yongguk scoffed and nudged at his brother’s ribs.

“Have you forgotten about your brother?” he teased.

“Of course not!” Yongnam draped his arm around Yongguk’s shoulders and ruffled his hair. Yongguk groaned and pushed at his brother’s face with his palm. Yongnam only laughed at him, looking cheerful than ever. His expression softened then, looking at Yongguk with the same smile lingering on his lips. “I’m glad you joined us. Although it’s not only the three of us but at least we’re still together.”

“Yeah,” Yongguk nodded.

“What are you guys talking about?” Himchan chimed in, settling down next to Yongnam. His skin had turned rosy from the warm weather. It looked beautiful with how it blended seamlessly with the white tee he was wearing. The smile he had on his face with his front teeth showing was even more worthwhile to watch though. Yongguk couldn’t seem to take his eyes off him whenever he smiled like that.

“It’s just that I’m happy that we get to spend our time together like we used to.” Yongnam answered Himchan with a shrug.

“Hm, you’re right. I miss those days when we fooled around at the ramen shop.” Himchan chuckled at the memory. “Time sure goes by in a speed of light. We’re all grown up now but things don’t really change huh?”

Yongnam’s hand that was reaching for Himchan’s didn’t go unnoticed by Yongguk. He looked away from the couple and stared at the empty road, waiting patiently for the bus to come.

Things did change, he told himself.

 

-

 

The sound of waves colliding with stones was therapeutic to Yongguk. He’d always pictured himself living by the sea and sitting at the patio whilst enjoying the view. There was something ethereal about staring at the ocean. He couldn’t exactly pinpoint the sensation he went through whenever he faced the vast sea but it was more like something that was promising, something that would stay the same even when it came by and left after that. Maybe it had something to do with how the waves moved across the surface, crashing on the sand and only to pull away and crash on it again in the same rhythm. It was a repeating motion that went on and on without cessation.

“Ah, there you are.”

Yongguk craned his neck to find Eunji approaching him, her brown curls that were tied in a ponytail swaying from left to right as she manoeuvred past the big rocks gracefully. After she reached Yongguk, she sat down next to him with her arms around her knees. She offered him a smile and as always, Yongguk replied with an awkward nod.

“It’s beautiful isn’t it? The view from here.”

“Yeah,” Yongguk muttered, switching his gaze back to the cobalt sea.

A chuckle from Eunji caught his attention. He raised his brows at her curiously and she shook her head slowly.

“I’m sorry but it’s just that I had this sudden intuition about the person you told me about.”

“What person?”

“The one on your mind.” Eunji tilted her head a bit, face scrunched up. “But I’m not so sure.”

“Spill it out,” Yongguk leaned back with his hands propped up to support his weight. It was quite surprising that he felt comfortable being around Eunji although it was only their second meeting. He figured that it was because of the calming scenery before him that made him feel that way. Usually he felt anxious being around people, always finding ways to be alone.

“You have your eyes on Himchan, don’t you?”

Yongguk froze and let out a cough seconds later, scratching at his nose uncomfortably. Eunji chuckled once again, nodding her head proudly at her assumption.

“Caught you, didn’t I?”

Yongguk cleared his throat and crossed his legs, fingers playing with the hem of his shorts.

“How did you know?”

“Well, my friends told me that I’m quite observant so it’s not that hard to notice how you always had your eyes on Himchan the entire bus ride.”

“How are you so confident that I have feelings for him? What if the reason why I stared at him during the bus ride was because he had something in his hair? What if I was only staring blankly at him?”

“You have that fond look on your face,” Eunji pointed out. Yongguk’s breath hitched. “And you just admitted it yourself seconds ago. Your questions are invalid, Bang Yongguk.”

Eunji started laughing then. Yongguk could only shake his head and sigh in defeat. It was weird how relaxed he felt even though he got caught for having feelings for his brother’s boyfriend. Maybe because he’d been hiding it for a long time and that finally someone was observant enough to notice it. The thought that he could finally share his secret with someone was comforting in a way. He had no idea why Eunji was keeping her eyes on him even after she got rejected. Usually people would stay away from the person who rejected them but Eunji was different. He asked her why she would hang out with him and the only answer he received from her was that she was curious about him.

“It doesn’t hurt to be curious, right?” Eunji hummed, seeming to ponder over her own question.

“Have you heard of the phrase curiosity killed the cat?”

“Hah, that doesn’t frighten me. I think that phrase is irrelevant for people who have passion in getting to know something they’re interested in.”

“So you’re telling me that you’re passionate about me?”

Eunji laughed and shook her head.

“That sounds weird, no?” she covered with her palm as she laughed. Graceful as ever, Yongguk thought. “What I’m saying about you is that I’m really interested in being your friend.”

Yongguk quirked an eyebrow at her. Eunji extended her hand to him, waiting for him to take it.

“How about we become friends for this trip? At least I get to know you more, Bang Yongguk.”

Yongguk found no reason to decline the offer so he took her hand and shook it gently, not wanting to be too rough because she was delicate just like a flower. Yes, she reminded him of a flower. Her scent, her smile and the way she moved.

What a wrong time for them to meet each other. If it was 10 years ago, things would have been different.

“So you’ve been in love with Himchan since you were little?” Eunji had fetched a stick that was lying next to her so that she could draw on the sand. Yongguk was reminded of the days he used to draw stick figures on the mud when he was little. He hadn’t done that after he grew up. The memories danced in his head and it brought a smile to his lips.

“Not really,” Yongguk shrugged. “I think it was when we got into high school.”

“Way before your brother started having feelings for him?”

Yongguk felt pain in his chest. He nodded silently, eyes once more trained on the waves coming from far away only to reach the shore and be pulled back into the depth of the sea.

“Must be hard to keep those feelings to yourself.”

“Hard is not the word.” Yongguk smiled forlornly. “Painful suits better.”

The sun started setting then, concluding the end of the day. Both of them got up from where they sat on the sand and made their way back towards the beach house. The house was huge. There were seven rooms in total but they only used three of them. One for Yongnam’s friends (including Yongguk), another for Himchan’s and the other for both Himchan and Yongnam.

Eunji slapped a mosquito off her arm and groaned.

“We forgot to bring mosquito spray.”

“I think Himchan has one.” Yongguk said.

“Um, mind borrowing it for me?” Eunji asked. “I’m gonna take a shower. You can give it to Hana, she’s in the room.”

“Sure.” Yongguk nodded and watched Eunji enter her room before the door closed.

He then walked towards Himchan and Yongnam’s room. He was about to knock when he realized that the door wasn’t fully closed. He pushed it open only to pull at it again when he caught a sight of Himchan and Yongnam standing close to each other by the balcony in the room. They were having a conversation. Yongnam looked serious and Himchan had his eyes on his boyfriend, tentative and calculating.

Yongnam was saying something to him.

Yongguk strained his eyes to read his lips but they were moving fast. Yongnam paused all of the sudden, the next sentence seeming hard to utter. His hand moved to reach for Himchan’s. He gave it a firm squeeze and said the words slowly. It was inaudible but Yongguk could clearly read it.

I love you.”

And then they were kissing, Yongnam’s arms around Himchan’s waist and Himchan’s fingers dancing on his nape. Things turned more intimate when Yongnam backed Himchan towards the bed and that was when Yongguk closed the door and turned away.

He walked back to his room.

His steps were rushed.

He shut his eyes and recalled the look Yongnam had on his face—observant, too observant.

Tender, loving, passionate.

His twin was infatuated with Himchan.

That day Yongguk knew that the time had come for him to step down and let the two souls unite with each other.

 


 

AN:

I am so bad at naming chapters.OTZ Anyway, sorry for the lack of update. I've been focusing on my main fic and did a lot of editing. To be honest, this fic came out of the blue that's why it was hard for me to write it down in words. Like the idea is there in my head but I couldn't seem to let them out. Not to disappoint you guys though. I will finish this fic but maybe it takes time to update. I hope the long chapter is satisfying for you guys! n_n

And oh, I didn't expect so much love for the Bang twins! I love writing about them so maybe I'll write more about the twins in the future~

Do wait patiently for the next update <3