My heart is like that, I only know one thing

Protect him, so he won't forget me
Please log in to read the full chapter

Lee Sungyeol calling…

Not even bothering to hide his frown, L rejected the call before flinging the phone across the room, nearly hitting his brother-in-law’s face that was peeking at the door.

“Uhm… Did hyung come at a wrong time?” Woohyun tentatively asked the younger. L had developed a temper after taking the late Sunggyu’s place and day by day he was turning more into his late brother.

“No… I’m sorry, Hyung. Please come in.” L stood up swiftly, brushing his long black coat out of habit. Woohyun just watched from the corner of his eyes as he sat on the chair, L’s habit was too similar to Sunggyu’s.

“How long are you going to avoid him anyway?” Woohyun crossed his legs as he stared at the younger. Right now he was L’s brother, not his psychiatrist. After Sunggyu’s funeral, the younger had been avoiding Sungyeol like a plague and it was obviously wasn’t healthy for both of them.

“I just couldn’t face him now. Knowing what his father did to my family… It felt wrong.”

“It wasn’t Sungyeol’s fault, L.”

“It wasn’t my brother’s fault either and now he’s dead. I don’t want to talk about this, hyung.” L’s tone was cold as he dismissed the topic and Woohyun couldn’t help smiling at how similar he sounded to Sunggyu.

“Are you ready to do it, hyung?” Woohyun sighed before uncrossing his legs and leaned forward.

“You know I never do this before. Heck, I don’t even believe this.” L smirked at that.

“Come on hyung. We’ve tried everything.” After L’s declaration that he was going to try to remember Sunggyu, Woohyun and he had started on all kind of treatments to trigger his memories. None worked however and now they ended up at something Woohyun didn’t even want to be associated with.

“Hypnosis is just a mind trick, L.”

“And you are the mind doctor, hyung.”

“I beg to differ. But, well, we have nothing to lose anyway.” Woohyun made L laid on the couch before he sat next to him.

“Will this even work if you don’t believe it, hyung?”

“Don’t worry. Only you need to believe it.”

“Really assuring, hyung.”

“Just shut up. I need to concentrate.” L closed his eyes and let his mind wandered, only Woohyun’s soft voice sounded in the study.  Slowly, his mind slipped his grasp, the memories swirling around him, Woohyun’s voice guiding him.

“The first time you met Sunggyu…”

It was winter. Five years old Myungsoo remembered it as the coldest winter of his life. He was staring through the sliding door, watching the snow falling. The door clicked as it unlocked and Myungsoo turned around with a smile on his face. Myungsoo ran to the front door, almost tripping on his own legs and attached himself to the man’s leg like a koala.

“Daddy, Daddy! Looks! It’s snowing.” His father looked down at him before lifting him up into his arms, his cold nose snuggling little Myungsoo’s chest.

“Yes… Myungsoo-ah…” Myungsoo giggled as he tried to push his daddy’s cold nose away. His mother came out from the kitchen with a smile as she walked gracefully to them.

“Welcome home.” Myungsoo pretended to close his eyes as his daddy and mummy kissed, trapped between their chests. He giggled as his mummy and daddy turned to kiss his cheeks next.

“Should we go out and play, Myungsoo-ah?” His mummy crooned as she took his daddy’s briefcase, ruffling his curly hair on the way.

“Yes!” Myungsoo almost jumped off his daddy as he ran into his room to get his coat, almost running i

Please log in to read the full chapter