two.

Partners in Crime
 
We were on the road for only a few minutes until Jinyoung stopped at a familiar street. 
 
"What are we doing here?" I asked, looking out the window and seeing our apartment a few feet away. 
 
I moved out of my parents house 6 months ago after I turned 18. Life at home wasn't always the best so when I had my chance, I left without looking back. 
 
 
"When we go inside, I want you to pack a bag or two-" He began but I cut him off. 
 
"How long are we going to be gone for?" I looked over at him. 
 
He thought for only a second, "I don't know. But just make sure you pack all our valuables." He got out the car then made his way to the apartments as I followed behind. I used my key to open the door and Jinyoung hurried inside. 
 
As I walked into the apartment, the first thing I did was go into our bedroom. I began opening drawers and shoving clothes into one of Jinyoung's old duffel bags. I also took this time to change into a new outfit.  
 
I finished putting our stuff into the duffel bag. I sat down on the couch and the tv while I waited for Jinyoung to finished washing up. 
 
I frantically flipped through random channels until I heard the bathroom door open. I turned my head towards that direction and noticed he changed his outfit too since his old one was covered in blood. 
 
I faced the direction of the TV again once I heard the voice of the local news anchor speaking. "Officers say the body was found outside a local nightclub downtown. The suspect or the motive is still unknown. We'll let you all know more information when it's presented to us." 
 
I stood up from the couch. "How did the cops find out that fast?" I looked over at Jinyoung. 
 
"I don't know but this means we don't have much time." He grabbed the duffel bag and my hand then rushed us out the apartment. You can still hear the sound of the TV as we walked out the building. 
 
As we drove away, I looked at our small apartment and wondered if this would be the last time I would ever see it. 
 
-----------
 
It felt like we had been driving for hours. The sun had set an hour and a half ago. 
 
I looked over and noticed that Jinyoung began to nod off while he was driving. 
 
"Maybe we should stop and rest for a while." I looked out the window and noticed a run down motel. "There's an old motel right there, we can check in for the night."
 
Jinyoung softly nodded.
 
"Now we just need to find some money. I know I have leftover change in my po-" 
 
"Look in the glove compartment." Jinyoung said calmly. 
 
I raised an eyebrow but obeyed. Once I opened the compartment, money came falling out. It looked like it could be about five thousand dollars. 
 
"Where did you get all of this?" I asked, picking up the bills that fell to the floor of the car. 
 
"I...uh I've been saving up." 
 
I didn't believe that he was telling me the full truth but I was honestly way too tired to protest. I decided I'll ask him later in the morning. 
 
Jinyoung pulled into one of the parking stalls and we both got out of the car. 
 
After checking in, we went straight to the bed and laid done. 
 
"Jinyoung.."
 
"Yeah?" 
 
"Where are we going to go?" 
 
Jinyoung slowly opened his eyes. He let out a soft sigh then placed his hand on my cheek.  
 
"Let's worry about that in the morning." He leaned over and placed a kiss on my forehead. I nodded my head and allowed my eyes to close. 
 
-----------
 
I woke up but I didn't open my eyes yet. I stretched my right arm across the bed. I felt around but I didn't feel Jinyoung next to me. I opened my eyes and saw him sitting on the edge of the bed with his head down.
 
I sat up and wrapped my arms around his waist. "What are you doing?" I asked him.
 
"Just.." He let out a sigh before continuing, "thinking." He spoke with a soft tone.
 
"Are you okay?" I let go of his waist and sat next to him. 
 
He nodded his head then looked at me. "Yeah. Let's just go." He gave me a weak smile and patted my thigh. 
 
 
After returning the room key, I looked over at the tray of newspapers. I hesitated to grab one after seeing what was on the front cover. A picture of me and Jinyoung getting into our car after the incident. I quickly glanced through the article.  
 
'Detectives have their eyes on two suspects. 19 year old, Park Jinyoung, and his 18 year old foreigner girlfriend. The motive is still not yet clear.' One of the paragraphs read. 
 
I threw the newspaper back in the pile with the rest. I lowered my hat on my face and quickly made my way to the car. 
 
"What happened?" Jinyoung asked when he noticed how quickly I got in the car. 
 
"They know." Was all I managed to get out.
 
______________________________________________________________
 
Sorry that it takes me a lifetime to post a chapter! Senior year is stressful. But I promise to try to post more often. Bare with me guys! ALSO, how do you guys think the story is going so far? Let me know, comments are very much appreciated!