one.

Partners in Crime
The music was so loud that the floor was vibrating. The people on the dance floor were huddled together like penguins. 
 
"Can we go now?" I said as I turned around in the my chair at the mini bar. 
 
"Just a few more minutes." Jinyoung said, not even turning his head. He was talking to his friend, Jae, another regular at the club.
 
"You said that 10 minutes ago." I rolled my eyes and took a sip of my drink. 
 
"Can you calm down? You're the one who said you want to go out and 'have a little fun.'" He replied, finally turning around to face me. 
 
"And now I want to go leave so can we go?" I got up from my chair and stood in front of him. 
 
"You can leave." Was all he said. 
 
"Fine." I grabbed my clutch from the table and walked towards the exit of the club. 
 
Fighting was normal for us. If I had a dollar for every time Jinyoung and I had an argument, I'd probably be a millionaire. The arguments were never too serious though. We always made up minutes later. 
 
The crisp winter winds hit me hard once I stepped outside of the club. I propped my back against the wall and pulled a cigarette out of the pack that was in my purse. Smoking is a nasty habit that I need to quit. But not now, not today.
 
I took a deep breath, inhaling the smoke through my lungs. As the smoke began to clear from my eyes, I noticed a figure walking towards me. 
 
The figure came out of the dark and into the dim light that surrounded me. "Hey baby girl." 
 
I looked to my right to see if the person was actually talking to me. 
 
The man, who seemed to be in his late forties, came a bit closer. "I'm talking to you  honey." He looked at me up and down as he his lips. "What's a pretty girl like you doing out here all alone?" 
 
I let out a puff of smoke. "Look I'm really not interested. I'm pretty sure there are so many girls in there that would be flattered." I said gesturing to the club.
 
"I wasn't offering." The man grabbed me by the shoulders and pressed me hard against the cold brick wall. 
 
I tried to loosen out of his grip but he was too strong. 
 
"Get off of me." His hands roughly began running up and down my body. He pulled away from me in an attempt to his pants. This gave me the right amount of time to knee right where it knew it would hurt. 
 
He shouted and bent over to hold his groan while I moved further away from him.
 
The man looked up at me, the anger he had in his eyes terrified me. He began to rush at me but before he could reach me, he was already on the ground. He held the left side of his face as he laid on the floor.
 
I looked up to see Jinyoung standing over the man with his hands still in fists. 
 
The man stumbled back to his feet and threw a sloppy swing. Jinyoung quickly blocked the punch and returned with the same action, knocking the man to the ground once again. 
 
This time, Jinyoung went on top of him and began punching him repeatedly. 
 
"Jinyoung stop!" I pulled him off the man. 
 
We both stood and stared down at the man. He was no longer squirming and trying to sit up. He was still. 
 
"Uh..why isn't he moving anymore?" I said and looked up at Jinyoung.
 
He didn't look back at me, his eyes remained on the body laying in front of us.
 
I walked closer to the body, "I think he's-"
 
"Dead." Jinyoung said with no emotion in his voice. 
 
I put my hands to my head and took a deep breath. "What are we going to do?" 
 
I got no response.
 
"We have to call the police." I reached to grab my phone but was immediately stopped.
 
"We can't call the cops, you know that." Jinyoung looked down at me. 
 
Jinyoung has a past with the law, but it's never been too serious. Theft, loitering, disorderly conduct. Nothing has been as bad as this. 
 
"This was self-defense. They can't charge you for that." I said.
 
"They said if I have one more incident with the law then I'm gone for good."
 
I took a while before a spoke up again. "Okay. But we should at least move the body." 
 
"No. That'll only put our fingerprints all over his body." Jinyoung said.
 
"So what should we do then?" 
 
"We leave." Jinyoung grabbed my hand and began to pull me towards the car. 
 
"We can't just leave." I stopped walking once he reached his car.
 
"That's the only thing we can do." He said as he opened the door for me then got in himself. 
 
I sighed then sat in the passenger's seat. Jinyoung started the car and drove away from the club. 
 
I stayed quiet and looked out the window. 
 
"Everything is going to be fine." Jinyoung said as he put his hand over mine. "I won't let anything happen to you. I promise." 
 
 
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
This is my first story after a year and a half hiatus. 
I'm trying something new so I hope you guys enjoy it.
Feedback (comments) is always welcomed! 
-authornim