Chapter 2

I Just Wanna

“I can’t believe this place can be ruined in a matter of months by one person who barely spends his time here.” Sulli said as Aj walked in. She was throwing balled up papers in the trash.

“Sulli…when did you get here?” Aj asked, setting his satchel next to his desk. He began to help Sulli clean up his mess.

“The same time the stylists left. Key told me your apartment is a mess. Do I have to come over this weekend?” Sulli replied, walking towards the desk to organize music sheets.

“No, I’m going to clean it tomorrow. I’m not doing anything anyways.” The blonde replied. He threw away some scribbled notes after quickly looking through them. “And aren’t you supposed to be with Mr. Lee? I don’t want you to get in trouble.”

“No, he’s going to have several meetings today. He won’t need me until three I think.” The brunette replied. She glanced at Aj then walked to a tall cabinet and began to organize the papers in there.

“I see you’re wearing the clothes I gave you.” She said. Aj smirked.

“I really needed them this morning. Thanks for thinking fast.” He said.

“Mhmm.” Sulli hummed.  “I know you’re a mess before and after promotions. You’re so lucky you have me.” Sulli joked. She closed one drawer and moved on the next cabinet drawer.

“I know.” Aj said smiling. His back was facing Sulli, but even though she couldn’t see the smile, she knew he was smiling from his tone of voice.

They worked in a comfortable silence until they were finished. Sulli removed the bulbous trash bag, tied it and placed it near the door for the janitor to pick up later.

“So,” Sulli began to say as she sat on the chair facing Aj’s desk. “What type of song are you going to write for the concert?” Aj smirked.

“A love song, of course.” He chortled.  Sulli rolled her eyes exaggeratedly, but struggled to hide her smile.

“You idiot. Of course it’s going to be a love song. I meant what’s going to be the story now?” Sulli asked. Aj shrugged.

“I don’t know. But it’s going to be a string song. Guitar, maybe piano; it’ll be a simple song. Sulli nodded in approval while Aj sat on top of his desk. He grabbed his Rubik's Cube and began to twist it in multiple ways. Sulli watched him play with the toy like she had hundreds of times before. No matter how many times Aj solved it, Sulli never failed to be impressed.

Aj finished the cube in seconds and smirked as he saw Sulli's disbelieving face.

"You rigged it or something, I swear." She muttered. Aj laughed and began to make patterns on the cube unconsciously.

"I totally rigged it. Just like I rigged your chair to make sure when you stand up, a bunch of snakes fall on you." He said.

Sulli frowned, not believing him, but couldn't help glancing at the ceiling to make sure there weren't any snakes. Aj laughed again and Sulli pouted. She quickly stood up and grabbed for the cube, but Aj was faster.

He moved it far left, and then when Sulli tried to grab it, he moved it far right. Before the door opened, Aj raised the cube high in the air which left them in a suggestive position.

"Finally caught. I’ll leave you two to do your stuff." Taemin said quickly before shutting the door again. Aj, who had been staring at Sulli with his right hand high in the air, slowly moved his hand down. Sulli blushed and hurried to the door, but a hand grabbed her.

She looked back and saw Aj with a serious face. As if he had to tell her something. Sulli met his eyes before coming to her senses. She slowly untangled Aj’s fingers from her arm and then headed to the door.

"Taemin! Don't misunderstand. We were just messing around." She explained. Taemin entered the room again and looked at Aj. The blonde looked away and set the cube down. When he looked back, he smiled.

"Haven't seen you since the party Taemin; did you hook up with someone?" Aj asked, hoping to slide away from questions. Taemin blushed, but shook his head.

"I think I would scare them away." He said a bit sadly.

"I can't even see you hurting a fly, Tae." Aj admitted. Sulli snorted.

"Tell that to him in high-school. He and I used to beat each other up every day." Sulli said.

"Only because you made fun of me and called me gay for thinking Jong looked good in a suit." Taemin replied as harshly as his soft voice could allow.

"Guys, when was that? The second year of high-school, right?" Aj asked, hiding a laugh.

"Yes. And this ignorant sister of mine can't seem to get over it." Teaming accused. Sulli scowled.

"How could I?" She exploded. "Aj and Jonghyun look alike so it would be easy for you say next that you had a crush on Aj." Taemin suddenly smiled deviously.

"And why does that matter? Do you like Aj?" He asked, glancing at Aj.

The room suddenly became very silent.

"And it all makes sense to me." Taemin sang. Sulli slapped his arm.

"You and your stupid American boy band! What makes sense to you eh? Eh?" She asked hitting her older brother several times as he cowered.

"You two are like an old married couple." Aj said, laughing. Disgust filled the siblings’ faces.

"Aj, please tell us you're kidding." Taemin said.

"I wouldn't date this ugly slug even if we weren't related." Sulli retorted.

The door suddenly slammed open.

"Yah! Taemin! You haven't delivered section three's papers; what are you doing?" A red faced guy asked as he stood in front of the door.

"S-Sorry Mr. Kim. I'll get back to work." Taemin stuttered, bowing multiple times. The man left and Taemin looked apologetically at Aj.

"I had mail for you, but I forgot. I'm sorry." He apologized, lowering his head. Before Aj could forgive him, Taemin excitedly yanked the door open to grab his mail cart. “It’s from her.” He said, grabbing a small envelope and handing it to Aj. He smiled widely as he saw the flash of jealousy from his sister. Aj blushed and failed to hide a smile. He placed the envelope on top of his satchel.

“We’re just friends, Tae.” Aj reminded the brunette.

“Friends email each other; lovers send mail.” Taemin smirked, grabbing his cart. “Anyway, I’ll be delivering the rest of the mail. I’ll catch you two love birds later.” And with that, he left and closed the door.

A few seconds of an embarrassing silence followed Taemin’s exit before Aj cleared his throat.

“I need to start on the-” He was cut off as Sulli spoke too.

“Yeah. Yeah, you need to work on the song. I’ll…I’ll see you later. You know, during lunch break.” Sulli said. Aj smiled and nodded. The brunette returned the smile before walking out the door and silently closing it behind her. Aj stared at the door knob for a while, as if debating on whether or not to go after her.

He shook his head violently and scratched the back of his head. He looked around the room.

His office was small and cramped; it was the originally a joint janitor’s closet, but they had run out of rooms for him and this was the next best thing. However, even though it was smaller than the room he slept in, it was like a second home for him. His collection of acoustic guitars, his black acoustic guitar being the most used one, was like his second family.

Picking up his satchel, after placing the envelope into one of the tan pockets, he placed the handle over his head and on his chest and walked to his favorite guitar to pick it up. He almost smiled at the familiar feel of the worn out wood and read the words inscribed by his grandfather.

Do what you want; do what you love.” He muttered.

 He headed to the door and walked out after giving one last glance at his home.