Episode 5: Love & Chocolates

Shida Mirai in Gokusen!

 

Mirai watch Keita jumpy around in high spirit as she shakes her head. "Its just chocolates." Mirai rolled her eyes but she smile. Mirai walked in and saw her bunch of idiots’ boys sitting around, excited and happily chatting. Mirai shake her head and sit her desk next to Ryu.

"Chocolates or girls?" Mirai asked as Ryu glance at her.

"Girls." Mirai nod her head, "Thought so." Mirai took out her cell phone and started to play the game.

The boys begin to sing, "Chocolate, chocolate, we want chocolates. Chocolate, chocolate, we want chocolates. Chocolate, chocolate, we want chocolates!" Mirai smile in amuse while shake her head.

"You guys like chocolate that much?" Yankumi said as she looks around her students.

"Nani?" all boys look at her.

"What we like are girls, without a doubt." Tschuiya said as the other boys agree.

"It's almost the 14th." Yankumi open like a shape of 'o' as in understanding.

"Oh, Valentine's Day." Yankumi said as Hyuuga stood up and held an object near his mouth like a microphone.

"This year, I'll get chocolates no matter what."

"I want memories of high school!"

"I definitely want to get some."

"It doesn't matter if it's out of obligation or compassion... I just want some!"

Tscuhiya stood up, "Alright, let's do our best to get those chocolates!" Tscuhiya cheer a loud.

"Yeah!" all boys cheered and Yankumi smile.

"You guys really are simple-minded." Yankumi never thought her students would be simple-minded.

"Nani?" The boys look at her with confusion and Yankumi look around all her students.

"Getting carried away with kiddy games like Valentine's Day." Yankumi said held up her folder on her chest.

"Kiddy games?" Hayato said while look up at Yankumi. "Don't make fun of us." Tsuchiya lean forward glare at Yankumi. "Do you know how important that day is to us men?" Keita place his hand on his chest.

Yankumi softly chuckled "Come on, don't get so hot-headed."

Ryu look at Yankumi, "Do you have someone to give chocolates to?" Ryu said as Yankumi look at Ryu.

"Don't be stupid. Of course, there's no one." Hayato said look at Ryu as if it the most obvious.

"I have one or two potential lovers." Yankumi look away.

"I see." Tsuchiya fanned himself. "You can't even participate in this battle for love." Tsuchiya said and Yankumi look at him.

"Battle?" Yankumi said in clearly confusion.

"This is a serious event for men and women. Every year, we're all counting on this day." Hyuuga said playing with his object.

"What have I done!" Yankumi shouted in dramatic and Mirai raise her eyebrows while staring Yankumi in amuse. "All this time, I've been stepping away from this important battle." Yankumi still in her drama mood, "All of my unrequited loves... I've been losing without even fighting." All boys look at her in confusion,

"What are you talking about?" Hayato raise his eyebrow at her.

"Alright, all of you..." Yankumi stood up on the desk facing the readers. "We will definitely win!"

"Nani?" boys stare at her as if she's the idiot.

"Not 'nani?', come on, you guys all together." Yankumi shouted in determined while Mirai still stare at her in amuse.

"Fight-o, oh!" Yankumi threw her fist in the air.

"Oh..." boys threw small fist while in confusion.

"Fight-o, oh!" Yankumi threw her fist again

"Oh..." boys started to stand up and raise their voice a little.

"Fight-o, oh!" Yankumi shouted while threw her fist in the air.

"OH!!!" all boys shouted and threw their fist in the air.

Mirai shake her head while Ryu chuckle, "Baka."

Shida Mirai in Gokusen!

Episode 5

Love & Chocolates

 

Mirai frown when she remembers Keita sad and disappointed face when he found out that Maki likes strong guys and despised weak guys. Mirai sigh softly, she fold her legs on her bed while holding her pillow on her lap. "Kei-nii-chan." Mirai whispers and she glance at the mirror stand. 'Poor Keita, he was in love. It's my first time see him like that.' Mirai thought. Mirai sigh and look down next to her, it was a chocolates book. Mirai grabbed it and open, "How to catch your dream guy heart by making a chocolate." Mirai read out loud and she thought about her dream guy.

"Wonder who is my dream guy?" Mirai said as Ryu face popped in her mind. Mirai blinks few times in confusion.

"Eh? Why did I think of Ryu right now?" Mirai thought out loud. Mirai shakes her head and drop the chocolates book next to her. She stood up from her bed and walk to her window. Mirai open her window and let the breeze came through in her bedroom.

Mirai take out her phone, flip open to see if there's a message or missing phone call.

She sighs, "Nothing." Mirai shut her cell phone and plop on her bed. She slowly close her eyes before she fully asleep Ryu popped in her mind once again.

-Next Day-

Mirai groan as she forced open her eyes, she touch her forehead and started to cough.

"Ugh! I feel horrible." Mirai cough again as she reach her cell phone. She message Keita that she'll be absent today since she got a fever. Mirai sighs as she stays in her bed. She has been thinking about all the months ago, that day when she started to transfer with Yankumi. Flashback came to her mind.

Flashback Start

  Mirai walk up to Frentzen club with fill with nervous. Miral look down what she's wearing, make sure it's nice and clean. Also add high heels shoe and her lucky charm bracelets.

Mirai her dry lip and took a breather. Mirai look up at the club, she walk toward the club and she saw a familiar man who once told her little boy.

 

Mirai glare at him a little but pretend she doesn't know him, "Hello." Mirai wink at him as the man smirk and nod toward her.

 

"Welcome beauty Princess." Mirai fake giggle as the man acting gentleman to show her inside and Mirai thank him.

 

"Thank you handsome." Mirai wiggly her fingers at him and walk inside. Mirai mentally fake gagged, Mirai look around, bunch of people dancing around in the middle floor. Mirai look around and saw a empty space in the corner, "Perfect spot." Mirai walk toward the table and sit down as her leg cross. Mirai look around as the man walk up to her, "Excuse me miss. I couldn't help but to look at you. You are very beautiful." Mirai fakes smile at him.

 

"Thank you." the man nods his head.

 

"Do you need anything ma'am?" Mirai fakes giggle as she takes out her money.

 

"I want that handsome boy who works here and tell him to bring me a water. I need to get a fresh first." Mirai wink at him and the man grinned.

 

"Fresh first and wild later. I like it." Mirai nodded her head as the man walk away. Mirai frown, "I can't believe I'm doing this." Mirai mumble. Mirai saw Ryu walk toward you with a glass of water in his hand. Ryu clear his throat and set the glass of water on the table.

 

"Here's your water ma'am." Mirai smile and pet the seat next to her.

 

"Please sit down." Ryu nod his head and he sit down, not too close but not too far.

 

"So Ryu, if that's okay I call you that?" Mirai raise her eyebrow at him and Ryu nod his head.

 

"It's fine ma'am." Ryu said and Mirai giggle.

 

"Please don't call me ma'am. I'm only..." Mirai looks around carefully and caution and lean closer to Ryu.

 

"17." Mirai whisper as Ryu snaps and looks at Mirai in shock. Mirai wink and grab a glass of water.

 

Mirai look at the water and frown, 'There's a pill. What do they take me for? An idiot?' Mirai rolled her eyes and she put it back on the table.

 

Ryu move closer but not too close, "Then why are you here? You should go home before things get ugly. Your parents will worry about you." Mirai smile and shake her head.

 

"My parent is oversea right now. I don't think they're going to worry about me. They don't care about my life, all they want me is to graduate high school and took over their stupid business. They want to control my life. They don't care about me, to them...I'm just a free puppet until I graduate, they'll control me like a puppet." Mirai said and Ryu frown.

 

"I...understand how you feel." Mirai looks at Ryu and smiles at him.

 

"Really? I've been alone for a long, long time. I just need someone to understand my feelings, I need a shoulder to lean on." Mirai grinned but her eyes are watering. Ryu notice her eyes crystal and he took out his black handkerchief and gave it to her.

 

Mirai saw it and she look at Ryu, "A tear doesn't fit for a beauty girl like you." Mirai smile and she took it softly.

 

"Thank you." Mirai whisper and wipe the tear from the corner of her eyes.

 

Ryu tilted his head, "I'll be that someone...you can...cry on my shoulder...if you want." Mirai look at him and she slowly smile brightly.

 

"Thank you." Mirai shift closer to Ryu and her head on Ryu's shoulder. Ryu look around uncomfortable but when he looks down, he half smile.

 

After a while, Mirai finally relax and she lifts her head up. Mirai smile at Ryu, "Thank you, Ryu. That really made me felt better than ever." Mirai said and Ryu nod his head.

 

"It's nothing." Mirai bit her bottom lip.

 

"Ryu..." Mirai look down while Ryu look at her confusion and worried. Mirai grab her lucky charm bracelets and took it off. Mirai look up at Ryu, she grab his left wrist and put her lucky charm bracelets on. Ryu blinks in confusion.

 

"Wh-what are you doing." Mirai smiles at him.

 

"This is lucky charm. You are going to need it." Mirai tap the bracelets and Ryu shake his head.

 

"But..." Mirai shake her head.

 

"No but...you need it." Ryu shake his head again.

 

"I can't take it." Mirai sigh but she smiles at him.

 

"Then how about this, if we meet again outside of this club, somewhere. You can give my lucky charm bracelets back. But for now, it's yours. Okay?" Mirai look at him with her eyebrow raise and Ryu nodded his head.

 

"Good, now I really need to get out of here since I'm still in my underage." Mirai rolled her eyes while smile and Ryu half smile at Mirai.

 

"Yeah, get out of here before anyone try to drug." Mirai eyes widen.

 

"Okay I'm never ever coming back here. Oh and you shouldn't be here, you don't belong here Ryu. You belong in high school...with your friends. Bye-bye Ryu~." Mirai wave at him and stood up from the seat. Ryu watching her leave the club. Ryu look down at the lucky charm bracelets. And then he finally realize it, "How does she know my name? And I didn't get her name." Ryu frown, 'Who is she?' Ryu thought.

End of Flashback

Mirai smile softly, "He's really kind." she reach to her table and grabbed the black handerkerchief, which that belongs to Ryu. Mira smooth the handerkerchief. She has been washing the handerkerchief and planning when she is going to face him as herself.

Mirai sigh and stare at the ceiling, "I wonder how's everyone doing? Maybe in another trouble once again?" Mirai slowly close her eyes off to dreamland.

...

Mirai forces to open her eyes when she heard her cell phone ringing. Mirai grabbed her phone and answer, "Moshi-moshi?" Mirai yawn wide while cover .

"Imouto." Mirai blink when she heard his voice.

"Kei-nii-chan?" Mirai said with worried tone.

"I...ano..." Mirai sat up and glance at her clock; it's morning.

"Kei-nii-chan what's wrong?" Mirai said and she heard breathing.

"I'm...going to face him...my opponent..." Mirai furrowed her eyebrow.

"Nani? Wh-what's going on?" Mirai fold her legs under her blanket.

"Maki's boyfriend...Okudera....he's a player. He just playing with Maki...I...hate it. I'm...going to face him alone." Mirai eyes widen.

"Chotto matte! Isn't Okudera from Sokei University? Isn't he the boxer guy? I don't think you should do that!" Mirai protected.

"Iie...I'm doing it! I don't want to burden others! I don't want to be weak! I'll do it!" Before Mirai protect again he hung up on her.

Mirai stare at her phone in disbelief.

"Is he crazy?!" Mirai shouted as she quickly stood up from her bed and stopped when she look at her mirror.

She wore a mini black short and white tank top. Mirai groan and she quickly grabbed her tan ugg shoes and her white sweater.

She quickly put it on and ran out of the door. "That baka!" Mirai run and run 'till she find him where possibly he might be.

...

Mirai stopped when she saw familiar figure and she ran all the way toward them. Mirai stopped while pant, she watch Keita punch by Okudera. She bit her bottom lip worried about his safely but she knew she isn't going to help him. Keita told her he want to be strong, maybe he might be strong after this?

Mirai watch the match and she heard footsteps coming toward her direction. Mirai turn her head and her eyes wide when she saw her friends and Yankumi.

"Yamaguchi!" Hayato pointed at the match as the group stopped.

Mirai eyes fill with worried when Okudera kept punching Keita then she notice Ryu and Hayato shift to help Keita.

Yankumi was about to stop them but Mirai stop them before her, "Stop!" Mirai said as all faces look at her four-face look at her in confusion and one face spark in realize.

"Don't go." Mirai said, she look at the match, "This is his fight." Mirai added. Yankumi nod her head.

"She's right. Don't help." Yankumi said while Mirai watching him.

"Kei-nii-chan..." Mirai whisper concerns his safely.

"Why?" Mirai blink and she saw Maki pant while watching their fight. "I told him never to approach me again." Maki said.

Ryu took a step forward, "Why don't you understand?" Maki look at Ryu. "He's doing it for you." Ryu said.

"For me?" Maki said in confusion. "Takeda is fighting for you." Yankumi said and she look at the fight, "He's trying to protect you." Yankumi added.

Maki look at the fight again while Mirai stare at Keita.

"Take couldn't forgive him for deceiving you and wanted that guy to cut ties with you." Ryu said, "That's why he took on this challenge." Maki look at Ryu once again.

"Deceiving me?" Mirai rolled her eyes and she walk toward Maki 'till she stand in front of her.

"That player Okudera who is from Sokei University is a total player." Mirai said and she stares at Maki with boredom eyes. "He has other girlfriends besides you." Mirai blunt as Maki blink. Mirai turns around and cross her arms.

"Even though there's no way Take would win against that strong guy." Tsuchiya said while Mirai crack her fingers.

"This is about his limit." Hyuuga said.

"I'm not giving up." Keita said as Mirai eyes soften.

"Don't you get it? You have no chance of winning." Okudera said calmly and he punches Keita stomach.

"Not yet." Keita panted while hold his stomach in pain. Mirai watch him punch and he fell back. Okudera grabbed Keita and pull him up, "Don't try to look cool, you weakling." Mirai eyes wide when she saw him about to punch Keita but a hand stop the fist.

Mirai sigh in relief when she saw Yankumi save Keita, "It's already finished." Mirai watches Yankumi pull his fist away and turn around, her fist it near his face.

Mirai saw Keita was about to fall but Yankumi catch him and tell him if he's okay. Keita look down, "I...couldn't win." Yankumi shake her head.

"You did well. You looked great." Yankumi smiles at Keita. "Sorry for hitting you yesterday." Keita smiles at Yankumi.

"Yankumi..." Mirai smile softly as she watches her friends jogging toward Keita and Maki jog a few follow by her sensei.

Mirai watch the scene but her eyes started to blur, Mirai touch her forehead. ", my fever hasn't gone yet." Mirai whisper as she took breathing slowly.

Mirai saw Okudera walking away and she glares at him, Mirai walk toward him. Okudera stopped and look at her slowly up and down. He smirk, "Well...hello y." Mirai scoffed and cross her arms.

"Want to have drink with me?" Mirai glares at him as she was about to insult him but someone interrupted her.

"Hey." Okudera turn around and got punch straight to his nose as he fell back on his .

Mirai blink in shock and she look up, "Ryu..." Mirai whisper as Ryu glares at Okudera.

"Three reason why I punch you..." Ryu held up index finger, "One, if for hurt my friend." Ryu held up his middle finger, "Two, is that never going near around this girl." Ryu nod his head toward Mirai and he held up his thumb, "Lastly three, I don't accept you to leave without pain. Now get out of here." Ryu glare at Okudera as Okudera stood up and ran away.

Ryu sigh and look at Mirai, "You're okay?" Mirai smile and nod her head.

"Hai, thank you." Mirai bows and smile softly at him.

...

Mirai and Ryu walk together under the sunset sky, "Umm...here." Ryu gave her silver lucky charm bracelet. Mirai notice and she was about to grab it but her fever got worse that her legs started to fell. Ryu quickly catch her before she falls. "Hey! Hey are you okay? Hey!" Ryu touch Mirai's forehead, his eyes wide, "You have a fever." Ryu look down and he pick her up in bridal style.

"Hold on." Ryu quickly started to run.

...

Mirai slowly open her eyes, she touches her forehead but it's a wet towel. Mirai sat up and look at the wet towel in confusion. She notices Ryu's headrest on her bed by her side. Mirai smile softly, 'He must have taken care for me.' Mirai thought as she pull up her legs to her chest and watch him sleeping.

Mirai saw Ryu shift and he slowly waking up, "Hello sleepy head." Mirai smiles at him. Ryu snap and look at her. He sigh in relief and touch her forehead, "Your fever has lessen which is good." Ryu whisper.

"Thank you and sorry that you had to take care for me." Mirai said while bow at him. Ryu place his hand under her chin to pull her head up. "It's fine. I want to help you. And...Why didn't you tell me?" Mirai furrowed her eyebrow.

"Tell you what?" Mirai asked in confusion as Ryu stare at her eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me that you're Shida Aiko?" Mirai eyes wide in shocked.

"Ho-how did...?" Mirai was in speechless as Ryu sigh and sat down on the floor. He lean on her bed, "Take told me. And before you curse him, he said it better if you need more people know your secret. He can't be always protecting you everyday." Mirai bit her lip and nodded her head.

"I guess." Ryu rubbing back of his neck, "Take explained everything to me. But why can't tell me? Why didn't you tell me that you've been there all along?" Ryu said as Mirai look down at her lap.

"I...I was afraid that you'll hate me for lie to you." Mirai whisper and Ryu sigh. He sat on her bed and pulls her shoulder to his chest. Mirai eyes widen when Ryu arms around her shoulder and his chin rest on her head.

"Baka. There's no way I'll hate you." Ryu said rubbing her back and Mirai slowly smile and put her arms around his waist.

"Thank you Ryu-kun." Mirai whispers.

'There's no way I can hate you.' Ryu thought as he watches Mirai's eyes close and rest on his chest. 'Because I have fallen in love with you.' Ryu add in his thought.

-Days Later-

Mirai open the door and jump in the classroom, "Good morning~!" Miari wave while grinned on her face.

"Akio! How are you?"

"I heard you've been sick."

"Are you okay dude?" Mirai smiles at her friends and classmates.

"Hai, hai! I'm very healthy!" Mirai held up her two thumbs up.

Mirai skipped to her desk and sat down, she glance at Ryu who's watching her.

Mirai cheeks glisten to pink and she pull down her hat to hide her blush. 'Oh boy.' Mirai thought.

"Good morning~!" Mirai look up and saw Yankumi smile wide and she gave each one of her student a pink present.

Yankumi saw Mirai and she gave her one, "Hello Akio I'm glad you here and feel better!" Mirai gently took the present and smile at Yankumi.

"Thank you." Mirai unwrap the present and she stare at the unusual shape of chocolate. Mirai stare in amuse, "Wow." Mirai whispers to herself.

"What is this?" Ryu asked look at Yankumi.

Yankumi smile, "Chocolates full of love from me for you guys."

"Chocolate?"

"This doesn't look anything like chocolates." Mirai tilted her head then she shrugged her shoulder.

"Doesn't matter if it doesn't look like one." all heads toward Mirai, "Thank you for the chocolate." Mirai put entire chocolate in and started to chew.

Mirai eyes wide then....

"Delicious!" Mirai and Okuma shouted in heaven as all boys stare at Okuma and Mirai in shocked.

"HUH?!" all boys tried to eat the chocolates.

"Doesn't taste as bad as it looks." Hayato said after she swallows the chocolate. "It' unexpectedly good." Hyuuga said.

Yankumi smile proud, "Obviously. If I get serious, I can do it."

"It's good." all the boys agree and Yankumi smugly.

Mirai smile wide and shake her head, "It doesn't matter how bad or good it looks. All the matter is how it taste." Mirai whispers as she begins to play game in her cell phone.

...

Mirai watch Maki gave the chocolate to Keita and Keita accept it very confusion, happily, and puzzled.

Mirai grinned wide and she felt really proud for Keita, she saw Yankumi talking to Kujo-sensei. Mirai look at her friends and classmates, "Guys. Look." Mirai nod her head toward where Yankumi and Kujo-sensei are.

They all watch Yankumi quickly take out her chocolate and gave it to Kujo-sensei, "Please take this, if you would." Yankumi said and Kujo-sensei smiles wide when he saw the chocolate.

Kujo-sensei gently grabbed the chocolate, "Thank you." Mirai, Maki and all the boys started to teases Yankumi.

Yankumi turn around in shock, "We saw that! We saw that!" Mirai chuckled.

NO MORE CRY

NO MORE CRY

"You did it!" Mirai held her thumb up at Yankumi.

NO MORE CRY

NO MORE CRY

"You guys don't make fun of your teachers." Yankumi started run toward them. Mirai, Maki and all boys started to run away from Yankumi.

To tomorrow...

"Hey wait!!" Yankumi shouted.

NO MORE CRY

To tomorrow...

NO MORE CRY

"Wait you guys!" Yankumi shouted again while Mirai laughing and running along with her friends and classmates.

Someone this precious to me...even though they are right next to me, I don't notice they are crying.

Mirai look up at Ryu who's running beside her. Ryu look at Mirai and he half smile at her, which Mirai smile brightly back at him.

Scribbled on the top of my desk...are pieces of a brilliant dream, I keep them hidden away in my heart. These lonely days, let's stop repeating them. Let's change them into the color of the sky.

Mirai look up at the nice clear sky and she look down as she chuckled. All boys chase Yankumi this time.

I was used to running away, thinking I was all by myself. I'm saying 'goodbye' to those yesterdays!

Mirai bit her lip as she look at her bag that has silver with blue chocolates box.

I'm gonna run...No more cry! No more cry! I'm gonna hold on to your hand. To tomorrow...No more cry! No more cry! Rather than tears of sorrow...I want to shed tears of joy!

Mirai walk to Ryu who is alone for now, she stand next to him and quickly take out the box of chocolates. "It for you." Mirai look away as Ryu stare at the box and he slowly gently take the chocolates. Thank you, Mirai." Ryu whisper her name last part and Mirai cheeks turn really bright pink.

No more cry! No more cry! Rather than tears of sorrow...I want to shed tears of joy!

Mirai felt a glares behind her as she quickly turn around, but she didn't see anyone glare or anything. Mirai frown in confusion, "What was that all about?" Mirai whispers and she just shrugged it off thinking it's her imagination. Mirai couldn't help it but felt something bad is going to happen sooner.

===========

There's chapter 5!!!! My fingers is killing me...my neck is hurting me...oh the pain....Sorry for the mistake grammar, spelling, and error! I'm too tired right now. Hope you like this chapter! :)