Chapter 3: Leave

It Shouldn't Have Happened
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Leave

“You know you shouldn’t be here, right?”

The moment he spilled this cold question, Eunji held her breath. She doesn’t expect the Min Yoongi she knows can speak so cold, so foreign like this to her. He’s speaking to her as if she’s a stranger, as if she’s someone he shouldn’t talk to.

Eunji might think she knows him, after these years, but this Yoongi seems so new, so—unfriendly. To add it, the look Yoongi has right now sends a painful pang on her chest and she cannot deny she’s truly disappointed, or if she’s willing to admit, she’s hurt.

Yoongi then notices the dress she wears. A nice dress, the kind of dress that will easily flatter gentlemen, a formal light make up, and he guesses she’s wearing heals too, so, a date will be the answer. Another pain hits his head, and his heart just skips a beat. Damn. She looks beautiful, even with the headache he can tell. But the question follows is, with whom? Daehyun?

He doesn’t care, he strongly believed. What concerns him the most is why the heck she’s here? She’s not supposed to be here when she’s dressing nicely as like this. It hurts him and he doesn’t want to admit.

“Namjoon called me,” she says finally, trying to compose herself. “He has to go, and he said you couldn’t be left alone, you’re …”

“I’m fine.” His eyes challenge her again, this time even colder. Maybe because of the headache, he’s reasoning. But in fact, he doesn’t realize what damage he’s causing for speaking so cold to the one he’s missing so bad.

From her look, Yoongi’s supposed to know how startled she is over the way he speaks. Yet he’s just simply numbing. Stupidly making a wall he shouldn’t suppose to create.

“You can see, I am fine.”

That’s a completely stupid lie, anyone can tell, even Yoongi himself. The thing is it’s the only way he can appear stronger, or bolder so she knows that he doesn’t need her to be here with him. And his message is delivered well, Eunji can tell.

Getting pissed, eventually, she bites the inside corner of . It’s getting non-sense. “And what? You want me to go?” her voice copied his. She lifts her hand, fixing her messy strands, putting them behind her ear as she tries to put her mind in perfect defense.

He’s taken aback, she can notice, but just as he was towards her, Eunji acts indifferently.

Yoongi recovers fast though, “Just to make you sure, you’re not supposed to be here.”

“And give me one damn reason why I can’t.” Eunji is almost yelling, without her realizing she clenches tight the side of her dress.

Yoongi surely doesn’t expect this coming. His eyes widen as he catches her angry gaze, her cheeks flush red. His headache hasn’t left but the pain he feels on his chest is way painful.

However, Yoongi knows he shouldn’t let her know his true feeling right now. So, he avoids her eyes, looking away from her demanding gaze. “I don’t know,” he weakly admits. “I don’t know, just go, Ji.”

Eunji’s simply flustered. There is no way she ever expects Min Yoongi will be like this to her. They are friends, at least. Even when they were fighting, Yoongi wouldn’t be the one who speaks like this. And the cold look that remains on his face, it saddens her, really.

“Is it because of my confession?” she finally loses it. Eunji decides to lift both her hands and bring his face toward her, so he has no choice but look at her in the eye. “Yoongi-ya, tell me, is it because of my confession?” she softly repeats.

And no reply. He doesn’t reply, or Eunji thinks maybe he doesn’t want to reply.

“Because if it is, I can assure you it’s stupid.” She holds her breath as she put extra push for herself to continue her sentence. It’s not what it’s right. She comes here purely because her heart told her to. She carelessly ran to this place simply because she cares for him more than what she can reason. And maybe because, just as her cousin told her, she needs to seek for her answer. But now to see him defensively like this, she rather steps back, and holds everything. “I told you, we have to forget it.” She lied. “We agreed with this. You don’t have to be like this. I can tell you that I have completely gotten rid of my feeling. Stop being bothered, I will not ruin everything between us. Just come back …” she lied. She lied and she knows she did.

His eyes remain cold. Eunji is close to be desperate right now. She has decided that being selfish is not right, definitely, even though it’s so painful, even though she has to deceive herself, she takes the risk, she choose them. But then Yoongi is indifferent, and it hurts her so bad.

“Just … go,” he simply says, weakly shaking his head so that he can release himself from her grip.

Eunji never felt so disappointed with any of his act before. Yet this one, maybe it’s her limit. She cannot take it anymore. It’s too much. He hurts her, and he knows he does.

Pulling her hands rather quickly, she stands up. There is a sudden heat around her eyes and she knows in any second she will burst in tears.

“Well, okay then.”

Grabbing her bag while trying hard to hold her tears, Eunji is ready to leave.

*

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter