Chapter 1: Come

It Shouldn't Have Happened
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Come

It passes 9 when he walks inside his dorm. Quiet and dark, weekend is always like this. Freshmen usually visit their home, while sophomores mostly prefer going out, either for fun or for another fun. The base floor is a bit dim, no one seems care to turn the main lamp on, not even him.

His eyes are glued on the path as he walks with no much energy remained. Not many attentions he gets, and not a single concern he gives. It’s definitely not the usual him, as he would prefer to visit one of his friends’ room first before climb up to his own. Some of them are on the base floor while his is basically on the third floor.

His mind is a bit dull, currently, yet when his left foot steps the first stair, it comes …

Soft.

Thin.

And tender.

Yet dominating, demanding, controlling.

Rose pink. And … nice.

It would be really nice if you can touch it again, right?

“No!” he shakes his head strongly. Eyes close tight, then open up in second with a curse. “Back to your sense!”

A dorm mate stops walking as he hears him rumbling, he looks up checking the hallway and finds him walking with head down. The mate then thinks he might be drunk, it is probably too early to be drunk but it seems right, he doesn’t even realize that he’s been watched.

Not paying attention he just ignores a short ‘are you drunk?’ greeting. He smells something foreign, though somewhat familiar…

It’s her scent.

It’s lingered well, isn’t it?

Sweet, like vanilla, like an apple in a rainy day, like having a tea and a long talk, you like it. You have never breathed her scent before. If only, if only you remained still.

“No. Damn it!” he closes his eyes again. “Of course not, can you shut up?!”

The previous mate turns around, giving a second or two to check on him, wondering if he might need help. He can possibly fall or slip on his feet if he keeps walking with eyes close like that. Another mate who turns to be standing on the other side of him frowns, and having a same thought.

“Ya, you okay?”

But he doesn’t budge to reciprocate. He might not even hear that sincere concern.

Her waist, why it felt so fragile?

Naturally, like getting an unspoken order he lifts his hand, trying to study his palm as his feet keep moving.

You should have held it longer, tighter. Will you have another chance to hold her again like that?

The door is in front of him already when he mutters a quiet no.

Exactly what I mean. So, when you meet her again, try to …

“No. No! Just ing no, Min Yoongi!”

He slams his door closed just as strong as he pushed it a second ago, not even care that he just startled his dorm mates. He groans too. Completely annoyed by his own fantasy.

No, it isn’t fantasy actually. It is real, it was real, and it just remains inside his head, nothing’s wrong with it. He shouldn’t blame himself, his mind just tries to recall the feeling—of touching his best friend’s lips. Yoongi doesn’t like the word ‘to kiss,’ so then he decides to correct himself and prefer ‘to touch’ to it, (even though it makes him sounds even weirder.) And he ends up like this, being look like a helpless drunkard.

No, he is not.

Daehyun dropped him last, Eunji was first and Bomi was next. The hospital where Daehyun works his research at is not far from his dorm, that’s why Yoongi is always dropped last. Among them only Yoongi who doesn’t drive his own car, he has three friends to count on anyway. Other than that, he’s also the only one who lives at the university dorm. Yoon Bomi is too rich to live in such building, her parent bought her a decent apartment on the down town. Eunji rents a small house not far from Bomi’s apartment, she lives with her brother. While Daehyun, he used to live in dorm too, like him, but since last year he’s been officially a resident of their university’s hospital, he gets a room there.

Well, it’s not what we’re supposed to talk about though. So, let’s back to the main problem.

Yoongi throws himself to his mantras, lying on his chest, burying his face. Eyes close. Tired. And all the awkward moment are recalled.

Right after Bomi left him alone with Daehyun, the air became weird. They didn’t talk. Music was off. Yoongi could tell his best friend wasn’t in his usual self. Daehyun wasn’t normally quiet, he was always the starter of every topic, but then he stayed mum until they reached his dorm. And strangely Yoongi preferred the same. He didn’t want to talk too. It’s maybe better to just quit thinking and pretend like nothing happened.

Nothing has happened, but why one person quits talking and the other one agrees on in?

“Damn it!”

He should quit thinking too. Whatever has happened he will forget it. It is nothing. A total nothing. He will forget the touch, her touch, her gaze, her breath, her voice, her…

“ARGH!! JUNG EUNJI!! I ING HATE YOU!!”

*

So thin, her grin remains. She still holds her phone high, rereading Yoongi’s text again. Not getting bored yet.

You drive me crazy, Ji! I won’t forgive you. —was what he said.

“So, you feel the same?” She thinks and it sounds quite compelling. The Min Yoongi she knows does sound like this. So honest in such situation. He doesn’t hide his feeling well. He’s the worst. If he said she had driven him crazy, then it is, no need long explanation. He’s bothered. And he doesn’t know what he should do.

Jung Eunji knows him well.

But why you only realize now?

“I don’t know,” she mumbles.

Because he’s always like this?

He’s too obvious, too clear, like a brand new glass. You can see through him that easy, as if nothing can be hidden. And the best part is he doesn’t know it well. He’s blind somehow. He’s clumsy. Maybe it is the reason.

And he’s warm.

She let loose her hand, falling next to her along with the phone. Her smile is getting thinner.

Yes. Min Yoongi is always warm. And he doesn’t notice it.

She remembers one time he stupidly went to Busan just to pick her up in the middle of worst weather. He should think that she preferred to call out their meet up. Oh yes, the four planned to have some outdoor meet up, though then the weather suddenly changed and ruined their plan. Daehyun stayed at his house, he was a Busan-er just like Eunji. Bomi canceled her plane. But Yoongi’s case was different.

In the middle of dawn he departed to Busan by Daehyun’s car. He ditched his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter