Only me, only you

Touch My Hand

The dreams about those beautiful eyes had been haunting him ever since they had said good bye. He knew now it was love for sure, why else was he still hung up on something that hadn’t even started in the first place? Did she feel the same way? Had she read the letter he left her? Would she be waiting for him?

All these thoughts were a constant reminder of what could have been if only he had reached out. He had nothing but mere memories of her beautiful face, her eyes dreamily staring at him as if he was the only thing that mattered.

He had millions of fans, people looking at him, yet right through him. It was true he liked the crowds but nothing could fill the void in his heart, a place he had already, somewhere along the way of staring across the window, given to her. All these years of training and now living his dream did nothing to fill that void. He knew it was there to stay because no one could take that place, no matter what.

He had sought her out as soon as he had debuted as a band member of the group called EXO. Only to find that she no longer lived there, that she had moved and nobody knew where. Maybe it was time he gave up… but could he?

The crowd roared and applauded as they finished their song and the leader of the group announced they’d sing a cover song especially for the fans. Luhan raked his eyes across the crowd as it cheered louder once they started singing.

Saw you from a distance, saw you from the stage…

He could see the sparkle of the million flash lights shining as if the sky laid right before him, like a yellow galaxy.

His eyes falling on one particular banner that was held up high for it shone brighter than all the rest, it read the word “鹿” like the hundred others beside it. It wasn’t a very peculiar thing to write on a banner however for some reason Luhan found himself staring at it. At this specific banner, right across from where he stood on the stage.

Something ‘bout the look in your eyes…

The light of the banner beside it flicked falling on the person holding it, for mere seconds and the world stopped around him, as everything came to a halt. If he wasn’t hallucinating… which he definitely was because it was not possible…?

Something ‘bout your beautiful face…        

Even from this far away, in the barely lit crowd, and the flood light hitting his face, blurring his vision, he knew that face too well…

In the sea of people there was only you…

“Mei…” the worlds flew out of his mouth on impulse, barely audible.

I never knew what this song was about…

The crowd looked like millions of stars scattered around them. As time stood still for the tiniest of moments in which their eyes met.

But suddenly now I do…

All the questions that had been haunting him getting cleared at once. She was here, she came... here and she was looking at him.

Trying to reach out to you… Touch my hand…

He won’t miss the chance this time, no he won’t hold it back and before he knew it he was running closer towards the crowds. Extending his hand for her…

Reach out as far as you can…

But she wasn’t in the front row, No… and the stage was not that close to the crowd. No… But he had to reach her, he won’t let her go this time.

Only me, only you, and the band…

A few of his band members followed his lead running towards the crowd and as they approached closer to the crowd, it roared louder than ever.

Can’t let the music stop, can’t let this feeling end….

He stood at the end of the stage reaching out, eyes locked on her and hers back at him. Many fans in the front row screamed reaching out to brush his hand.

Can’t let the music stop, until I touch your hand…

He stood there staring, humming along with the band members, a millions things running through his mind. It was her that much he was sure about but how was he supposed to get to her?

Cause if I do it’d all be over and I’d never see you again…

He was desperate, but there was only so much he could do.

Trying to reach out to you, Touch my hand (I’ll never get the chance again)…

He saw her small form getting pushed aside as fans tried to reach out to him.

Reach out as far as you can (I’ll never get the chance again)…

He saw her turn around and disappear in the crowd, out of his sight. Merging in with the other lights.

Only me, only you and the band…

The song was ending but there was no end to the ache in his heart. It hurt… and it hurt a lot.

Trying to reach out to you…

A lone tear tricked down his face, he ran forward once again reaching out for her in the crowd and the fans screamed louder than ever.

Touch my hand, yeah, yeah…

As the song ended. Luhan stood still clasping his hands together, mind too numb to bother with the cheering crowd or the dancing band members, all he knew was that she was gone and the world had stopped for him… once again.

He had lost her, and once again he was all alone.

The band members bent down to thanks the crowd and Luhan moved along with them in a trance, bowing to the crowd. And when he lifted his head, a soft smile plastered on his face for all the people out there to see. For he owed her that much, for showing up even if it was just for the blink of an eye.

…………

Mei saw him smiling at the crowds and felt her heart beat kick up a notch, he was happy and that was all she needed to know to live; she had come all the way here just to see it with her own eyes, after all he was the only person she had ever fallen in love with and even though he did not return her love, it didn’t matter because he was happy and that was all that counted.

Though she could have sworn she saw him look straight in her eyes when he had ran over to the crowd and if her lip reading wasn’t wrong he had said her name… but she dismissed the foolish thought before it could get to her. He probably doesn’t even remember her and he definitely cannot see her from all the way there. She was nothing but a mere speck in the sea of people cheering for him.

 


A/N

So today was Luhan's first mini concert and here's a one-shot to celebrate our boy's awesome comeback! Give Lulu loads of love & support his album "Reloaded"... do check out his new song "Football Gang" https://soundcloud.com/littealittle210/football-gang-luhan ! Don't forget to comment, i hope you got the feels i was trying to give :P Peace out!