New Wave

New Wave
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter One

Hyuna’s POV

Finally, Friday had arrived and I was loving every minute of it. I was just counting down the minutes waiting for the end of the school. It was currently lunch time and Krystal had gone off with her group of fans.

Well, that’s what I liked to call them personally.

I was listening to music, Zion T and Crush, under a tree when I noticed that I got a notification letting me know that Tablo had posted a tweet. I went on Twitter and saw that he was going to be announcing at a new club called, New Wave. He tweeted the address also, and I couldn’t stop the grin that took over my face. I hadn’t been to an underground session in forever! Especially since I had fallen behind on school work and my mum kept complaining about it so I knew I had to catch up big time and now I had finally caught up so I was definitely going!

 

“Hey! Sorry it took forever! Those girls are so sweet though,” Krystal said hovering over me, “Why you always sitting under this bloody tree? There are benches for a reason! Come on!” Krystal barked beckoning me to stand up. I rolled my eyes and stood up turning off my music.

“Krys, guess what?!” I yelled, she grimaced.

“What?”

“There is a new club opening tonight!”

“So? Wait… Hyuna, is this an over ground rapping Jay Z type thing?” I face palmed making sure to drag my hand down my face slowly to try and hide my pained expression.

She just never understood.

“Firstly, it is called Underground, secondly what does Jay Z have to do with it and thirdly, yes it is and I’m going,” I informed her. It was now her turn to roll her eyes,

“You’re not going Hyuna and before you argue… You know how your mum feels about them! You don’t want your grades to go down again!” Krystal said,

“Yeah, I know. But this is a one off! And anyways, I wasn’t planning on telling my mum at all. I was going to sneak out, the opening is at 1:00am.”

Krystal’s mouth dropped, and the rest of my lunch time was spent with Krystal telling me how irresponsible I am and how I should seriously start to put myself in my mother’s shoes and see how it feels to look after two kids on her own; one being nine and then a rebellious eighteen year old. Just to make her shut up, I ‘promised’ that I wouldn’t attend the opening.

That was so not going to happen.

 

 

 

The time had finally come. I watched as all the lights in the house excluding mine were switched off letting me know that my brother and mum had gone to bed. Before, my mum would always come and check up on me as well before going to bed but I told her it was annoying and an invasion of my privacy, so I started locking my bedroom door. I slowly got out of bed, crept to the window ledge and sat down. I wore my shoes quickly before putting my hair into a ponytail. In about an hour was the opening of New Wave, and there was no way in hell that I was going to miss it for the world. I opened the window and reached out for the small tree next to my window.

I mean come on... It’s just so coincidental that a rebellious eighteen year old girl was sneaking out at 12:00 a.m. and just happened to have a tree right next to her bedroom window to help her.

Quite cliché!

 

I finally passed through security which took forever as the whole world and its brother were here. I couldn’t blame them to be honest. All the big underground rappers like P-Type were coming just to perform. But, the main reason to why it took forever was the sad fact that my height didn’t seem to want to represent my age. I often passed for thirteen, which I found shameful. I entered inside the club and looked around the club in amazement. It was pretty impressive. It looked like a lux

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter