Chapter 6

Coffee Love

« - Jinyoung ! »

 

The young man turned around, nearly dropping the coffee he was holding in his hands. His eyes met Emily’s, but strangely enough, he wasn’t that shocked. Confused maybe, but not shocked. He couldn’t feel anything since his fight with Mark.

He gave the coffee to his client who didn’t look that happy after Jinyoung’s clumsiness, cashed the money and turned to Emily, ready to hear everything she had to say.

 

“- Jinyoung, she murmured. She looked guilty, as if she was doing something she shouldn’t do.

  - What is it, Emily ?  I thought Mark broke up with you.

  - Yeah… Yeah he did, she said, pain in her eyes as she digested Jinyoung’s words. But I thought you would want to know about something, if you’re going to date Mark.

  - We’re not going to. We fought.

  - Sorry for you.

  - But you made me curious now. What do I have to know about Mark ?

  - Well… Have you ever heard of Jackson ?”

 

FLASHBACK

 

Mark was calmly walking home after his first day of school, just after spring break. Everything was perfect ; the sun was shining but it didn’t feel hot, as a little breeze was blowing his hair in a messy way.

His phone suddenly started to ring and broke the calm around him. Sighing, he took his phone and glanced at the face that was appearing on the screen.

 

“- What is it Jackson ?

  - Mark…

 

The young man stopped walking at his best friend’s voice. He wondered for a few seconds if he heard well, if Jackson really said his name, as his voice was shaking and really, really weak.

 

“- Jackson ? Are you okay ?

  - Hey Mark…

  - What’s happening ? Are you at home ? I’ll be here soon, don’t hang up.

  - Don’t be silly. I’m totally fine !

  - Jackson, I know you’re not. Don’t hang up. Please.”

 

Three beeps followed his sentence as Jackson ended the phone call. Mark started running towards Jackson’s home, which was, luckily enough, not far away.
It had been months since they last saw each other. They talked nearly every day by texts but they didn’t have time to meet, even if they both wanted to. Mark had no idea what was going on, and that was what terrified him the most.

He arrived in front of the door and took his keys. Jackson’s mom gave him the key for all the times Jackson forgot his, so Mark could take him home. Jackson’s parents were never home, and he was nearly alone all the time.

Opening the door, he called Jackson’s name plenty of times before going to the bedroom. It was empty, but everything was a mess : the blanket was on the floor, the stuff which was normally on his desk was scattered on the floor, broken.

Mark panicked and shouted Jackson’s name one last time, running to the last room Jackson could be in : the bathroom.

His hand was on the door handle, shaking, and he took a deep breath before opening the door. Jackson’s body was here, lying down, looking like a gigantic marionette. Blood were flooding out his left wrist, and a blooding blade was on the sink.

Mark exploded, and sat down by his friend’s side, still calling his name. Jackson was still breathing and opened his eyes at Mark’s voice, smiling as he tried to talk to his best friend.

 

“- Hey Mark, how are you ?

  - Jackson, why on earth did you do that ? I have my phone I’ll call an ambulance, please stay with me, you’ll be okay…

  - Don’t, please, Mark. If you love me, let me go. You know, I don’t have the perfect life you’re living in.

  - What are you talking about ?

  - I’m gay. I love you. Not in a friendly way, if you still don’t understand. I love you more than you’ll ever love me. But these guys knew. They made me live in hell, at school. They always asked me for money, they always beat me up. I deserve it.

  - Why didn’t you tell me, Jacks ?! I could have helped you, I would have paid for you to come to my school, Jackson, you’ll be okay, let me call an ambulance…

  - Please don’t. I’m fine. I’m perfectly fine.”

 

And Mark realized it was the truth. Jackson may have lived the worst thing ever for the past months, but right now, he seemed so calm, so peaceful. He was fine, he was happy, for the first time since he realized he was… gay. He knew he was going to start a new life in a whole new world, and maybe Mark wouldn’t be with him, but it was worth it. He wouldn’t be alone anymore.

A heavy silence was falling on Mark’s shoulders, as Jackson’s breathing was going harder each second that passed. Jackson closed his eyes, sighed, and finally stopped shaking.

 

“- Mark ?

  - Jackson, I’m here. Everything will be alright, I’m here.

  - Mark, I love you.

  - I love you too, silly guy.

  - I’m cold, Mark.

 

Mark closed his eyes as he knew it was the end. He took Jackson’s hand in his and kissed his delicate fingers, sobbing hard, and lied down to his friend, his shirt covered in blood. He took a look at his best friend’s face as he took his last breath, making Mark crying even more when he saw that Jackson, his Jackson, died with a smile on his lips.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

DON'T KILL ME PLS

I know this is such a short and ty chapter but I needed to write this so you guys understand what happened to Jackson and the reason of Mark's panick attacks :) *I had to make a Markson back story because I'm such a Markson trash*

I hope you liked it ! I'll translate this chapter in french and then start writing chapter 7 right after because I'm so inspired today HAHAHA Anyways thank you for your support <3