Chapter 2

Coffee Love

Time was slow, and Jinyoung couldn’t help but stare at the door for the whole day. He even saw someone with red hair, but when he looked closely, it was a girl.
What a disappointment.

He felt like giving up, but he wanted to show Jaebum he was wrong. Mark would come. He wasn’t the only one who felt the connection established between the two of them. It wasn’t possible.

 

“- Hum, excuse me ?

 

Jinyoung jumped at the voice, the deep voice he immediately recognized. He turned around, meeting the dark eyes he has been waiting for the whole day.

 

“- Mark ! You came, sighed Jinyoung in relief.

  - Yeah... Mark said, scratching the back of his head, as if he didn’t know himself why he came. Can I have the same thing as yesterday ?

 

Smiling, Jinyoung turned his back to Mark and prepared the coffee as slowly as possible. He didn’t want Mark to leave as fast as he did the day before.

 

“- You’re lucky, it’s my last coffee of the day ! he said, giving his order to the red head.

  - Oh really ?

  - Yes. By any chance…

  - Are you free now, then ?

 

Jinyoung couldn’t believe that Mark was the one who made the first step. Smiling even harder if it was possible, he nodded, and asked Mark to wait a  bit, as he had to change his clothes.

When he came back, nervous of being left alone, he saw the red head sitting at the bar, looking kind of lost. Jinyoung’s smile was still on his lips, as if it was permanent.

 

“- So where do you want to go ? he asked, making Mark jumped a bit.

  - Uh, I don’t really know. Is there a park near the shop ?

 

Jinyoung only smiled in response, and started to walk, followed by the confused red head. They arrived at the park in a perfect silence, only interrupted by Mark’s respiration as he had a hard time following Jinyoung’s rhythm.

They sat on a bench and talked a bit, about random things, only starting to know each other. Mark was older than Jinyoung, but somehow looked younger, and Jinyoung could only find this even cuter.

Mark didn’t really know why he came back to the younger one. He had no idea, but when he woke up this morning, he only knew he had to. Jinyoung had something that made him feel great, but also extraordinarily sad. It took him the whole night to find out what it was, and when he realized, his first reaction was to avoid Jinyoung. But his steps took him at the shop, and somehow he was glad he came.

 

“- I’m glad you came, whispered Jinyoung with a small smile on his lips, as if he could read the older’s thoughts.

  - Me too. I still don’t know why I came but, I’m here.”

 

They exchanged their numbers, Jinyoung blushing so hard when Mark smiled at him. It was the most beautiful smile he ever saw, shining harder than most stars in the sky.

It was soon time for both of them to leave, and come back home. They walked slowly, trying to spend the little amount of time left with each other.

When Jinyoung came back home this night, all he found was broken bottles everywhere, and his mom lying on the couch. He sighed, took off his coat, put his keys on the table and took his mother in his arms to put her in her bed.

He then took a shower, trying to feel Mark’s warmness again in this cold house he had to call home.

Ever since his dad died, some years ago, his mom started drinking nearly every day. It was some kind of a routine to put her on her bed like this, and to prepare dinner for his brother. He suddenly became the dad in the house, but also the mom, as both of his parents left him when he was younger.

When Mark came back home this night, he ate his dinner with both of his parents and his sister, looking so happy and peaceful. It was the first time he actually felt this way since the accident.

And when he went to bed this night, he replayed the few hours he spent with Jinyoung in his head. But he didn’t see Jinyoung in his dreams this night.

He saw Jackson, and woke up crying in the middle of the night.