Chapter 3

Coffee Love

Every morning, Mark would wake up crying, but he never remembered any dream. He didn’t really care that tears were rolling on his cheeks – he was used of waking up with wet cheeks.

The week-end came, and Mark realized something was different as soon as he woke up. His cheeks were dry, for the first time since the accident. Strange.

He had been waiting for this day since he left Jinyoung a few days earlier. He didn’t have the time to visit the younger one, but now, he just wanted to run to the shop.

However, he forced himself to be slow and to take his time, as he didn’t want to look desperate. He was a shy guy, after all, but when he was with Jinyoung, he felt so… comfortable. Maybe it was his coffee scent, maybe it was his smile, he didn’t know. But he felt something with Jinyoung he hadn’t felt in ages, since… him.

But maybe he should have be faster, because he was leaving his house when his phone rang, showing Emily’s picture as he picked up his phone.

 

“- Hey babe, he sighed.

  - Wow, tell me if you don’t want to talk to me, she answered, taken aback by Mark’s reaction.

  - No sorry, I was locking my door.

  - Where are you going ?

  - To a coffee shop, he said, suddenly feeling hesitant.

  - You can come to my house, you can drink some coffee here.

  - It’s just that… I was meeting with Jinyoung…

 

Mark didn’t want to hurt her, but Jinyoung was waiting for him, and he didn’t want to dump him like this. Emily knew her boyfriend met a guy at his usual coffee shop, but she didn’t know they were that… close.

 

“- Oh… she murmured, and her disappointment could be heard in her voice.

  - I’m sorry. I can come in one hour if you want, he proposed.

  - Yes ! I’ll wait for you, she said, and Mark knew she was relieved.

  - See you later then. Bye babe.”

 

Mark sighed. He was looking forward his meeting with Jinyoung, but Emily was an important part of his life and he couldn’t just forget it now that he met a good friend like him.

He arrived at the shop before he could even realize it, too deep into his thoughts that he didn’t remember walking all the way there.

 

“- Maaaaaaaaark, shouted a voice he could of course recognize.

  - Hey Jin’, how are you ?

  - You haven’t visited me for ages, I thought you forgot about me.

  - Of course I didn’t, but my studies are important too.”

 

Jinyoung was acting strange, all cute and jealous, and Mark was a little bit surprised. Not that it was disturbing him, but they didn’t know that much about each other, and he was acting as if they met years ago.

 

“- Same as usual, I guess ?

 

Mark nodded, smiling, and sat on the chair he always sat on. Mark was someone who had a lot of habits and he didn’t really know why. Changes always scared him.

The two of them discussed about plenty of things : the weather, Mark’s studies, Jinyoung’s job… But nothing serious. That’s what Mark liked in their relationship. It was never serious, and it was as if they were both carried by a sweet and calming cloud.
Yes, that was it. Their relationship calmed him, he never worried about anything when he was with the younger one.

 

“- So… What are you doing today ? asked Jinyoung with a detached look.

  - I guess I’ll spend my day with my girlfriend.

  - You… you have a girlfriend ?

 

Jinyoung was hurt, but he tried not to show it. Mark wasn’t his property, after all.

 

“- I didn’t tell you ? I’m sorry, said Mark quickly as he thought Jinyoung’s ignorance was the reason of his sad eyes.

  - What’s her name ?

  - Emily. She’s pretty nice.

  - You should bring her here some day, Jinyoung proposed, curious about the person who took his crush’s heart.

  - What about tomorrow ? Or next Saturday, I don’t mind.”

 

Jinyoung nodded, and turned away as he had to take another client’s order.

Time went like this for the thirty minutes they were together. Mark was drinking his coffee and Jinyoung didn’t care about him and didn’t even bother to talk to him.
He was feeling mad, but he didn’t know why. Jealousy, maybe.

And when he turned away, after calming down, the chair was empty. And so was his heart.

Mark quickly arrived at Emily’s house, mad at Jinyoung for ignoring him like this and confused. He was aware that he did something wrong, but what was it, he didn’t know. And he had no idea why it was affecting him that way.

 

“- Hey babe, she said as she opened her door. Her blonde hair was a little bit messy, but he didn’t care, it even made her more beautiful. How was your meeting with Jinyoung ?

  - Good, I guess. He wants to meet you.

  - Oh ? When ?

  - Tomorrow if you’re free or next week-end. Tell me when it’s better for you.

  - I’m okay for tomorrow.”

 

Mark nodded quietly, and he was glad she didn’t ask him the reason of his gloomy look.

They spent the whole afternoon together, watching movies and cuddling on the couch. Just like every couple.

But, when at the end of the second movie, Emily heard Mark sobbing quietly beside him, she wasn’t even surprised. And maybe, it’s not what other couples usually do.

 

“- Mark ? Are you okay ?”

 

He was having a panic attack again, and strangely, Emily’s voice reassured him.

 

“- It’s him, he’s… he… he’s gone.”

 

Mark was crying, and Emily sighed as she took him in her arms. He was hooking on her as if he saw a ghost, and maybe, it was the truth. She was used of his sudden attacks, but she was always scared when he had one.

 

“- It’s my fault, if only I knew… If only…

  - Mark, it wasn’t your fault. It was theirs.

  - Why is he gone… I need him… I need Jin’… Why is he…

 

That’s when Emily understood. Mark wasn’t talking about what happened to his best friend Jackson some years ago, but he was talking about Jinyoung, because weirdly enough, Jinyoung was exactly like Jackson. And Mark was afraid of loosing Jinyoung the way he lost Jackson.

Because, she knew it, Mark fell in love with Jinyoung, just like he fell for Jackson when they were younger.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hellu everyone :3 I know I haven't updated in ages, but my friend came over for a few days so I couldn't write, and I still have so many homeworks. Anyways, I'll post chapter 4 tonight or tomorrow ^^

Thank you so much for your support ♥