Chapter 8

Coffee Love

Jaebum slammed the door just in front of Mark and slowly came back to the living room, trying to forget how bad Mark looked. He knew he had done the right thing, so why was he feeling so guilty ?

His best friend straightened up and rubbed his swollen eyes, still tired after his agitated nap.

 

“- Who was it ?

  - Nobody. Go back to sleep.

  - Please, tell me. Was it Mark ?

 

Jaebum’s heart broke down hearing the concern in his voice. He knew Jinyoung was in love with Mark, but he somehow wished he would realize that Mark was the bad guy in their story.

 

“- Yes.

 

He didn’t even had the time to protest before Jinyoung would run out of his house, chasing about the one who couldn’t even make him happy anymore.

Jinyoung ran and ran without even stopping once to calm his breathing, and rang as soon as he arrived at Mark’s house. It took him a few minutes to even try to open the door, not receiving any answer. He ran into the house, trying hard to calm his beating heart, and called Mark’s name, not really knowing what he was expecting.

He searched for him in every room of the house and finally reached his bedroom, which was, just like the other rooms, empty. It was really clean though, as if Mark never really got home. A big thud suddenly broke the silence that was suffocating him, and he walked to the bathroom, entering without any hesitation.

He didn’t really expect to find what he did, though.

 

“- Mark !

 

He called his name as he fell on his knees just beside his friend, calling an ambulance as soon as he seemed to be able to think again.

Mark’s head was on his lap as they arrived, taking him on a stretcher, away from a terrified Jinyoung who followed them in the ambulance, never letting go of his hand.

Everything around him was blurry, and his mind was strangely calm. He saw numerous doctors, got a phone call from Mark’s parents who were away for work, and he even thought of calling Jaebum but he simply couldn’t. He didn’t know why, but he blamed Jaebum for everything.

If only he had let him in.

He was finally allowed of coming in Mark’s room and sat beside his friend, taking his freezing hand in his to give him the only warm he could even get.

Hours were passing without Mark waking up, and even if the doctors said it was normal, he was still worried.

What if he didn’t wake up ? What if he would never wake up ? What if he left forever ?

And as these questions obsessed him, making their way in every part of his body, he realized how hard it must have been for Mark to see his best friend, his lover, dying in his arm, and accepting it.

Mark was strong, but Jinyoung wasn’t. He couldn’t let go of Mark, not that soon, not now. He needed him. He needed him with all his heart.

When Mark finally opened his eyes, nearly a day after he got in the hospital, all he could see was the wet face and messy dark hair beside him. He growled, trying to change his position but the pipes on his arm wouldn’t let him.

His agitation apparently woke Jinyoung up, and he rubbed his eyes in habit, meeting Mark’s eyes for the first time since they last fought, the last day in the afternoon.

 

“- Mark ! You’re awake, I thought you would leave me, I’m so glad you’re fine…

  - Hey, Mark whispered with a weak smile.

  - How are you ? Are you okay ?

  - I would be if you stopped questioning me, he said, making the other laugh.

  - I’m sorry…

  - Don’t be, I should be the one apologizing.

  - You did nothing wrong Mark. I was the one who rejected you for something you couldn’t do anything about. I should have supported you instead of blaming you.”

 

Mark smiled and stared at Jinyoung. He was lucky, and he was glad that he had met Jinyoung. Even if he couldn’t fill the hole Jackson left in his life, Jinyoung could still try to make him happy, right ?

 

“- At least you’re here today. That’s all I ask for.

 

Jinyoung laughed quietly and embraced Mark in his arms. He still felt sorry, and wanted to apologize again for his behaviour. He felt like a monster after what he did to him, but he couldn’t do anything else besides supporting Mark right now.

Mark still needed time to get over Jackson’s death, and Jinyoung knew it. He was ready to give him all he needed, and to be here for him whenever he had those stupid attacks again.

Mark placed his arms around Jinyoung’s waist to pull him closer. He felt good, breathing his coffee scent again.

Mark could finally realize that he was wrong : Jinyoung was completely different from Jackson. Jinyoung would never leave him, and he was everything Mark needed. Mark himself was different from Jinyoung ; but it also felt so familiar.

Jinyoung was the sweetness Mark needed after years of living as a monster, of destroying himself. And even if Mark used to hate sweetness – he couldn’t help but love Jinyoung’s, and would never ever leave him.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone ! So yup, it's me again, back with the final version of chapter 8 :D I hope you like this one more ^^

 

This is finally the end of the fanfic. I'm sorry I took so long to post this final version, but these comments kind of destroyed my confidence in this story. Coffee Love is way more popular than Trust Me and it scares me because I like Trust Me more and I'm way more confident in Trust Me. I began writing Coffee Love with knowing where it would go, and I didn't even know if I would finish it one day, but here it is ! We reached the end of this fanfic ~

I want to thank every single one of you. I've posted this story on Wattpad and here and I've reached nearly 5000 views, which is crazy. I would never have thought this fanfic would be so popular. It scares me and excites me so much. Thank you for every upvote, comment - I appreciated every single one of them :)

I'm feeling a bit relieved that this fanfic is finished. It was so stressful, this fanfic was so messy but it was a big challenge for me.

I'll begin a new one soon (I've posted the prologue of a new JJ Project fanfic, which I still don't know if I'll continue it or not) and I already have a few plots in mind so please support them also ! I love you all ! Coffee Love was an amazing journey for me :)