Kiss The Cook

Boy Next Door

“Mingyu’s out celebrating his 1 year with Wonwoo,” Jeonghan explains as he walks into 10:04 to a very confused Seungcheol.

“What? They should celebrate it here. This is where they first met after all,” Seungcheol pouts, “We could have baked something especially for them.”

“Yes, because that’s exactly what you want. To go on a date where you work,” Jeonghan deadpans.

“Well you did,” Seungkwan points out, suddenly at Jeonghan’s side.

“You know, I’m going to pretend that I didn’t hear that,” Jeonghan rolls his eye, walking into the kitchen with Seungkwan on his heels.

“You know it’s true,” Seungkwan says but immediately breaks off as they walk through the doors into the kitchen.

What the two boys walked in on was not what they expected. At all.

Soonyoung and Seokmin weren’t laughing while cooking on the stove, or dancing around with their ingredients, or even attempting to use a blender without a lid (which has happened; multiple times.) Instead they were wrapped in an embrace, Soonyoung’s hands tangled in Seokmin’s hair as they were unmistakably kissing.

“WHAT?!” Seungkwan screams, vocalising what was also racing through Jeonghan’s head at that current moment.

The two boys sprang apart from each other with guilt and shock plastered clear on their faces.

“I-I-” for once in his life, Seokmin was speechless.

Seungkwan looks just as speechless; his eyes wide and his mouth opening and closing as he tries to force out words.

“You?” He gasps, pointing towards Seokmin.

“And…you?!” His finger now pointing towards Soonyoung.

“Wha-wh-” Seungkwan’s mouth is still open wide like a goldfish, but words were no longer coming out.

Jeonghan didn’t know what to say either, but unlike his friend he couldn’t even try and attempt words.
 

Jeonghan knew that Soonyoung and Seokmin were inseparable. He was told it was like that before he worked at 10:04 and he had no doubt that it would be like that even after he no longer worked there…but he never expected this.

All the employees at 10:04, even some of the regular customers, constantly made jokes about how Soonyoung and Seokmin acted like a married couple, but no one thought they could actually be a couple. And now…

“Wow,” was all Jeonghan could say when he was finally able to form words.

But Jeonghan is cut off from any further attempt at conversation when Seungcheol suddenly races in, his eyes quickly surveying the scene.

“I heard yelling? What’s going on in here?”

Jeonghan takes one look from Seokmin’s shock as he stares wide eyed at his manager, to Soonyoung’s helpless expression and he has just enough time to cover Seungkwan’s mouth before his best friend blurts out what he had witnessed. Jeonghan also makes sure to give him a sharp pinch as a clear signal to keep his mouth shut, just as an extra measure.

“Nope, just me being my usual self,” Seungkwan finally answers, prying Jeonghan’s hand from his face. As he talks the three other boys nod with forced smiles, hoping that Seungcheol wouldn’t notice Seungkwan’s forced tone.

Seungcheol raises an eyebrow and looks between them as if he doesn’t believe their explanation, however he must decide that it’s too much effort as he simply shrugs and walks out.

 

“I saved your asses, you have a lot of explaining to do,” Seungkwan demands as soon as Seungcheol is out of earshot.

Jeonghan looks apologetically at the boys even though he’s just as curious as Seungkwan for an explanation.

Soonyoung and Seokmin stare at each other in silence; whether they were agreeing on something or arguing Jeonghan wasn’t sure.

However, finally Soonyoung lets out a small nod and Seokmin sighs, turning to face the others.

“We’ve been dating for a month,” Seokmin explains, not bothering to attempt to avoid the topic.

Jeonghan’s eyes widen. A month? How did they not tell anyone? When were they planning on telling anyone? And how did Soonyoung, the infamous walking spoiler, keep this a secret?

“I have dinner with you guys every Sunday! You never thought to tell me you were dating?!” Seungkwan asks the couple, sounding hurt.

“I don’t know, we didn’t want to make a big deal out of it,” Seokmin answers with a shrug and a shy smile.

“Didn’t want to-? BUT IT IS A BIG DEAL! We’re meant to be your friends,” Seungkwan sulks.

“Well…” Soonyoung starts with a smirk, “you nearly found out that one time.” Soonyoung then randomly starts doing lunges and Jeonghan just looks at the boy in confusion.  

Seungkwan’s seems to understand however as his face pales and he shudders, “Oh god, I didn’t think that memory could get any worse. Thanks a lot.”

“But how did it happen?” Jeonghan asks making sure to give Seungkwan a reassuring pat on the back, even though he wasn’t really sure what memory his friend had been talking about.

Seokmin’s cheeks go pink as Soonyoung laughs, “Funny story. Seokmin apparently had liked me for a long long time and then one day…he accidentally confessed.”

“Accidentally?” Jeonghan asks confused as Seungkwan just laughs.

Seokmin brushes away the comment, “but luckily Soonyoung had secretly loved me for just as long and so he also confessed.”

Seokmin winks at Soonyoung who just rolls his eyes and continues the story; “...after he avoided me for like 2 weeks. Remember when he wasn’t turning up to work because he said he had the flu? He didn’t have the flu. He didn’t even stay at our apartment.”

“I had the flu,” Seokmin protests.

“He didn’t have the flu,” Soonyoung chuckles while Seokmin simply pouts in his boyfriend’s direction.

 “Anyway, eventually I managed to corner him. I told him how stupid he was being and that yes, somehow I did like him too. It was all very cute,” Soonyoung finishes with a grin.

“You’re very cute,” Seokmin says giving his boyfriend a cheesy smile and a peck on the cheek.

“Ahh! It still doesn’t give you an excuse to be lovey dovey and gross,” Seungkwan says, pulling a disgusted face.

“Sorry,” Seokmin apologises, turning to go back to whatever they were meant to be doing pre makeout with a smug smile on his face.

Soonyoung’s face was consumed by a smile that lit up his whole face, presumably because of the compliment from Seokmin and he turned to follow his boyfriend, but not before turning back to Jeonghan first.

“Thanks by the way. We are going to tell everyone soon so…”

“Oh, no worries. We won’t tell,” Jeonghan says, knowing full well the effect of what could happen; especially if Mingyu found out. On the other hand, Jeonghan had to forcefully bump Seungkwan before he also agreed to keep his mouth firmly shut.

 

So this was as far from a Jihan chapter as you can get...woops. I guess I'll just pray that the fact that there was a Soonseok kiss before Jihan have even gone on a proper date hasn't made you too mad, forgive me !! (I'm actually super nervous about uploading this chapter) 
I've also got a bonus chapter that I could upload after this one about the time Seungkwan nearly found out about Soonseok but I won't upload it if people don't want it, so please comment :)