Part IV

Second chances

After losing Taekwoon again, Wonshik was completely crushed and angry because he couldn't keep his promise to him; he wasn't able to save him and that was killing Wonshik inside. He needed someone that he could talk to, but he didn't know who he should talk to. Talking to Hakyeon would help him the most, but now Hakyeon didn't know what happened. He didn't know that Wonshik already lost Taekwoon once and this was the second time. Also, Wonshik didn't know if it was a good idea to go back in time or not. Yes, he was dying to have Taekwoon back in his arms, but he still wasn't sure what kind of consequences could using the device have. Not only that, but he was afraid if he would travel back in time, that he wouldn't be able to save Taekwoon again and watching Taekwoon die one more time was one of the last things that Wonshik wanted at that moment. So because of this, he forced himself that the device stayed hidden away from his reach.

 

Wonshik was currently sitting in the living room and he was just staring in front of himself. The whole house felt empty and lonely again; it was the feeling that Wonshik despised the most. God, he felt so powerless this time, because he literally had no one that he could talk to. The last time, he had Hakyeon and Hongbin around; that time the two of them knew everything. But now... it was different. Wonshik didn't want to admit it to himself, but deep inside he knew that they were slowly drifting apart. The secret that he had was destroying their friendship and Wonshik hated himself for that. Hakyeon tried to talk to him a few days ago, but Wonshik just ended up yelling at his best friend. Wonshik knew that Hakyeon was trying to calm him down and make him feel better, but at that moment Wonshik just wanted to be alone so he ended up snapping at him and he even accused him of not being his friend. He didn't really mean those words, but before he could apologise, Hakyeon had already stormed out of the room and Wonshik didn't have the strength to go after him.

 

The device brought him more pain than joy. Not only that his friendship was being destroyed, but losing Taekwoon again hurt twice as much as it did before. He didn't even know that the pain could get any bigger, but it did and this time, he couldn't even bring himself to go and visit Taekwoon's grave... it was far too painful. So because of this, Wonshik was just locked inside of the house and he had no intentions of leaving it. What was the point really? He screwed everything up.

 

Wonshik threw himself onto the couch and let out a desperate moan. God, he felt so lonely and he would kill to have Taekwoon back. He still couldn't believe that the other one died in his arms, he couldn't because it was just too cruel to be a reality. And how the couldn't he save him from those men? He was trying so hard to keep him safe and in the end it was all for nothing. Wonshik buried his face into the pillow and his heart sunk to the pit of his stomach. He too wished to be dead, because maybe he and Taekwoon could finally be together.

 

At that thought, Wonshik's eyes welled up and he bit his lower lip to prevent it from trembling. God, he hated being alone. The need to talk to someone was so big that it almost hurt and it was then when he decided to call Hakyeon. There was no way that he could be all alone now. Not only that, but he needed some advice. It was true that Hakyeon didn't know everything but Wonshik promised himself that that was going to change. He knew that he needed to stop being afraid and tell Hakyeon everything what had happened. And then he could only hope that the other one was going to believe him.

 

Just as he was about to go look for his phone, it already started ringing and Wonshik's eyes widened when he saw Hakyeon's name written on the screen. Hakyeon was calling... him? Wonshik felt lump forming in his throat and he swallowed thickly, his heart fastening. He knew that Hakyeon was probably calling him because he was worried and exactly that was what made Wonshik's heart break. His friend was still worried about him even after he said all of those horrible things to him. After a few seconds, Wonshik finally answered the phone call from Hakyeon and let tears wet his face when he heard Hakyeon, because the other one sounded really worried.

 

“Wonshik-ah!” said the voice from the other side of the phone. “Where are you? Are you okay?”

 

Wonshik's grip around his phone tightened and he brought legs up to his chest, letting out a quiet sob. “H-hyung,” said Wonshik, his voice shaking terribly. He was so happy to hear that Hakyeon was still worried about him, because he was beginning to get worried. Wonshik tried calling Hakyeon after the day that they had a fight, but the other one wouldn't answer his calls.

 

“Yeah?” asked Hakyeon. ”You sound terrible. Tell me where you are and I'll come to you right away. I'm really worried-”

 

“I'm sorry,” whispered Wonshik.

 

“About what?”

 

“T-that day... I said some horrible things to you,” said Wonshik and let more tears roll down his face. “I was just so sad and depressed, I really didn't mean what I said. I-I tried calling you, but you didn't answer my calls and I thought that you came to hate me.”

 

“Oh Wonshik,” said Hakyeon with a gentle voice and his heart broke again after hearing how desperate his best friend sounded. “You just lost a person that meant the world to you so I know that you didn't mean those words you said. Plus even if you did, there's no way that I could hate you just because of this, you are my best friend. I didn't reply to you calls because I lost my phone and I'm so sorry that I made you so worried,” said Hakyeon and then made a short pause. “I'm not angry with you, understood?”

 

“Yeah,” said Wonshik, feeling how he calmed down a little bit. He was so happy for having such a good friend like Hakyeon was.

 

“So where are you?”

 

“I'm home,” replied Wonshik.

 

“Can I come over?” asked Hakyeon. “It sounds like you need someone to talk to.”

 

“Yeah, please come over. I-I need you now, hyung,” admitted Wonshik and his chest tightened again.

 

“Okay, I'll be there in a few minutes,” said Hakyeon. “See you then. Goodbye.”

 

“Bye,” said Wonshik and ended the phone call.

 

After ten minutes or so, Hakyeon finally came and Wonshik literally ran towards the entrance door when he heard the doorbell. He immediately opened the door and felt how tears started gathering in his eyes again when he saw Hakyeon. When Wonshik opened the door, Hakyeon's eyes widened and his heart broke when he saw the state that his best friend was in. Wonshik looked really pale, his eyes were red and he looked really tired. Hakyeon swallowed thickly and he then somehow forced a small smile upon his face.

 

“Hey,” said Hakyeon quietly and then stepped inside of Wonshik's apartment when the other one opened the door wider for him. Hakyeon's heart shrunk when he stepped inside, because Wonshik's place was in a complete mess. He then turned around and watched how Wonshik followed him into the living room. He then slowly sat down onto the sofa and looked down, because he didn't know what to say. Hakyeon wanted to say some comforting words to his best friend, but he just didn't know what. Also, he didn't want to make Wonshik more upset, so he just stayed quiet and waited for Wonshik to say something.

 

The younger one sat next to Hakyeon and then looked down as well. He was so happy that the other one was here and yet, he didn't know how to start the conversation. There were so many things that he wanted to tell and ask Hakyeon, but he just stayed quiet. “Hyung,” slowly said Wonshik and Hakyeon's eyes were quickly on him.

 

“Yeah?” asked Hakyeon and sighed because Wonshik stayed quiet after that. He then took in a deep breath and decided that he was going to be the one who would start the conversation. “How are you?” slowly asked Hakyeon and felt stupid, because he knew how much of a dumb question that was.

 

Wonshik looked at Hakyeon and then just shrugged. “Horrible,” said Wonshik slowly and then looked away, because he couldn't look at Hakyeon. “I miss him so much,” he then added, his voice slightly trembling. “I can't believe that I lost him... again.”

 

“Again?” asked Hakyeon.

 

“Yeah, again,” said Wonshik. “It's the second time that I watched him die,” went on by saying Wonshik and Hakyeon furrowed his eyebrows, because he couldn't really understand what the younger one was saying. “I-I promised him that I would save him t-this time, but I just-”

 

“Slow down, Wonshik... you're not making any sense right now,” said Hakyeon and then let out another sigh. He then looked at Wonshik, who was just staring blankly in front of himself and Hakyeon pressed his lips together. He was growing more and more worried about his friend. He knew that losing Taekwoon was hard for Wonshik, but he never imagined that Wonshik would become delusional because of it. At that thought, Hakyeon's eyes widened and his heart fastened. Wonshik needed to get help.

 

“I know how it sounds, but,” said Wonshik and made a short pause. “It's true.” Wonshik then looked at Hakyeon, who looked at him really worried and Wonshik looked away angrily. He should have known; Hakyeon thought that he was losing his mind! “Don't look at me like this, I'm not crazy.”

 

“I don't think you are. But you need someone that can help you get through this hard time and-” started talking Hakyeon, but was interrupted when Wonshik suddenly stood up and left the room. Hakyeon frowned and before he could go after Wonshik, the younger one was already back and Hakyeon noticed that Wonshik had something in his hand. “What's this?” asked Hakyeon and pointed to a thing that Wonshik was holding, which looked a lot like a phone.

 

“Time travelling device,” explained Wonshik and handed the machine to Hakyeon, who immediately took it into his hands and started studying it.

 

“But we didn't finish it,” said Hakyeon immediately, his eyes never leaving the device. He turned it around and his eyes widened, because it really looked a lot like what they've been working on a few months ago. “But... we stopped working on it, it wasn't going to work. So then... how?”

 

Wonshik looked at Hakyeon and then made a few steps closer to him. He knew that he got Hakyeon's full attention and the only thing that Wonshik could really do was to hope that Hakyeon was going to believe him what he was about to tell him. “We managed to make it work,” slowly started Wonshik and sighed. “Two years from now, we will manage to make it work.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“What I am about to tell you is going to be hard to believe, but I swear it's the truth,” said Wonshik and crossed his arms. “So, can you please at least try to believe me?”

 

“I'll try to,” said Hakyeon. Judging by the situation, Hakyeon kind of knew what to expect. He knew that Wonshik was about to tell him that he somehow saw the future already.

 

“Okay,” said Wonshik, feeling how his heart started beating faster. “The truth is that I already saw the future... well, I lived in it already,” slowly started Wonshik and then looked at Hakyeon, who slowly nodded but didn't say anything. “A-and in the future, I lost Taekwoon as well. So because of this I was really desperate to make the device work. I was about to give up, but you and Hongbin helped me to finish it and then I travelled back in time in attempt to save Taekwoon,” said Wonshik and his heart filled with sadness once again. “B-but I failed.” Wonshik then looked down and let out a deep sigh.

 

Hakyeon just kept nodding and his heart ached when he heard what Wonshik had told him. He believed everything that Wonshik told him, Hakyeon had no reasons to doubt in Wonshik's words.  He then started thinking about everything that Wonshik had been put through and Hakyeon's eyes welled up because only then he understood in how much pain Wonshik really was. Not only that he lost Taekwoon twice already, but Hakyeon knew that Wonshik had to live with the feeling of guilt for not being able to save Taekwoon.

 

“D-do you believe me?” asked Wonshik with a small, quiet voice.

 

“Of course,” said Hakyeon. “Why didn't you tell me sooner?”

 

“Because I thought that you wouldn't believe me,” said Wonshik with a small voice and looked at Hakyeon who shook his head and he then sighed. The older one then stepped closer to Wonshik, wrapped his arms around his neck and pulled him in for a warm embrace.

 

“Are you an idiot?” whispered Hakyeon. “You should never keep secrets from me; we're best friends after all.”

 

“I'm sorry,” replied Wonshik and returned the older one a hug. After a few more minutes Hakyeon pulled back, breaking their hug. He then sat down onto the sofa and Wonshik followed him. “Are you going to use it again?” asked the older male after a few moments of silence and then looked at the device, which he was still holding.

 

“I don't know,” whispered Wonshik and buried his face into his palms. “I want to, because I want to see him again. B-but on the other hand... what if I don't manage to save him?” asked Wonshik and then shrugged. “W-watching him die again was even more painful than the last time and if something happens to him again then I don't know-”

 

“Then don't do it,” said Hakyeon quickly. “This thing only brought you pain. It'll be better if you don't go back in time. You'll be able to move on and-”

 

“But I don't want to move on,” snapped Wonshik. “I don't just want to forget him, I can't.”

 

“I didn't say that you have to forget him, Wonshik,” said Hakyeon calmly. “What I meant was that it'll hurt less if you stay here.”

 

Wonshik frowned, suddenly feeling the presence of Hakyeon there to be annoying. He wasn't even listening to him, because he just couldn't believe that Hakyeon suggested him to forget Taekwoon. There was no way that he could do that. Wonshik then gave Hakyeon an angry look and he crossed his arms on top of his chest. “You don't understand how it feels to lose someone you love,” stated Wonshik bitterly.

 

“Excuse me?” asked Hakyeon and his eyes widened. “I know how it feels when you lose the one you love. I lost Sanghyuk, so don't just-”

 

“Yes, because he dumped you!” said Wonshik with a loud voice and felt anger creeping into his heart again. He really didn't want to fight with Hakyeon again, but he couldn't just let it go now. He couldn't believe that Hakyeon just compared Sanghyuk leaving him to Taekwoon dying.

 

“I know,” said Hakyeon, trying to remain calm. “Look, what I'm trying to tell you is that I know the pain that comes when someone leaves you.”

 

“Taekwoon is dead, hyung!” shouted Wonshik at the top of his lungs. “I would rather have him dump me! At least he would still be alive even if he wasn't with me,” went on by saying Wonshik, feeling how his heartbeat fastened. Wonshik felt adrenaline rushing through his veins and he knew that he was going to say some things to Hakyeon, which he was going to regret later but he just couldn't stop himself.

 

“I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like this. I just-”

 

“Get out!”

 

“What?!”

 

“Get out!” yelled Wonshik again, wanting to be alone. Talking to Hakyeon didn't help him at all and he just wanted to be alone at that moment. God, he felt so alone because it only hit him then that he had no one. At least the last time Hakyeon was more understanding and supporting. Wonshik felt tears gathering in his eyes and he blinked, letting them wet his face. Taekwoon! He needed to see Taekwoon!

 

“I just want to help you, Wonshik!” said Hakyeon, but Wonshik was done with him. The younger one grabbed his friend's arm and started dragging him towards the door. “Come on, just try to calm down and listen to me!”

 

Wonshik unlocked the door and then opened it. He yanked Hakyeon's arm away and just pushed him through the door. Before the other one could come back inside, Wonshik closed the door and locked it again. Hakyeon's screams from the outside could be heard, but Wonshik didn't care. He leaned against the door and then started slowly sliding down, until he reached the floor. He pressed hands against his ears and just started sobbing.

 


 

For the next month or so, Wonshik spent most of the days in his home and in the end, he didn't even bother going to work anymore. What was the point really? Being home at least made him feel a little bit better, but yet he was so alone that it was slowly killing him inside. Since that day, he haven't spoken a word to Hakyeon. The other one tried apologising, but Wonshik was the one who kept ignoring him. Wonshik knew that the older one regretted saying that, but he just couldn't bring himself to forgive him just like that. It was easier to be angry with Hakyeon.

 

Wonshik tried not to think too much about travelling back in time, because he was really afraid to lose Taekwoon again. However, the idea was far too tempting and all that Wonshik could do at most times was to think about how good it would be to go back. He even managed to convince himself that he was going to be even more careful with Taekwoon. Wonshik tried to restrain himself from giving into his desires, but in the end the loneliness was just too much for him to bear and he decided to go back, that time determined to save Taekwoon.

 

And that was exactly what he did; he went back and at first things were looking to be perfect the second time. He really was careful about everything, but he decided not to tell Taekwoon the truth. He didn't tell him that he ''saw'' the future and they lived a happy life for a year or so. They even got married and Wonshik couldn't be happier, because that day really was the happiest day of his life and he even managed to forget about the pain that he was put through in the past. However, just as Wonshik had feared; things were too good to be true.

 

Just as things were looking to be perfect, Taekwoon was taken away from him. That time Taekwoon died in an accident once again and Wonshik was left broken, blaming himself for not keeping Taekwoon safe. Wonshik's heart was crushed again and after that he tried to save Taekwoon again, but failed once again.

 

Wonshik couldn't believe it... he had watched Taekwoon die for four times already and it only hit him then that he couldn't save Taekwoon, he couldn't keep him safe if he was around. Wonshik knew that Taekwoon wasn't going to live if he was going to continue to be in his life. He was the reason that Taekwoon passed away so many times and no matter how much it hurt Wonshik to admit, they weren't meant to be; they weren't going to live happily together. Wonshik knew that he needed to let Taekwoon go, if he wanted him to stay alive. So, Wonshik decided to go back in time one last time.

 

Wonshik was currently in the bedroom, while Taekwoon was somewhere around the house. Wonshik was sitting on the bed, his heart thumping hard against his ribcage and he was staring in front of him, mentally preparing himself for what he was about to do. In order to save Taekwoon's life, Wonshik would have to break his heart. Even though he had watched Taekwoon die many times, breaking up with him was going to be the hardest for Wonshik.

 

“Taekwoon,” called Wonshik out, trying to keep himself look collected, but inside he was screaming. He knew that his words were going to hurt Taekwoon and that was what was killing Wonshik, but it needed to be done. He needed Taekwoon to hate him. “Come here, we need to talk.”

 

“Coming,” said Taekwoon and quickly came into the living room, having a big smile on his face. “What is it, Wonshik?”

 

Wonshik felt his heart shrinking when he saw Taekwoon's smile and he then pressed his lips together. “Sit down,” said Wonshik painfully slowly. “I-I have to tell you something.”

 

Taekwoon's smile suddenly disappeared and he nodded, sitting down next to Wonshik. Taekwoon saw that Wonshik's body was slightly trembling and he frowned, because he didn't understand what was going on. “Okay,” said Taekwoon and tilted his head to the side a little bit. “What do you want to talk about then?”

 

“I don't know how to tell you this but-” started Wonshik, but then stopped. The look in Taekwoon's eyes was killing him because he knew that the other one was worried about him. His lower lip started shaking and he quickly looked away, because he didn't want Taekwoon to see that he was on the verge of tears. However, that didn't go unseen from Taekwoon's eyes and the older one quickly took his hand into his own, giving it a gentle squeeze.

 

“Come on, just tell me what's on your mind,” said Taekwoon softly. It looked like Wonshik was troubled by something and he didn't like that. “You know that you can tell me everything, so... go on. I won't be angry if you did something stupid again,” added Taekwoon and smiled, trying to cheer Wonshik up, but the other one didn't smile. Instead, he yanked Taekwoon's hand away from his and Taekwoon's eyes widened in shock, because this wasn't like Wonshik.

 

“Don't touch me,” said Wonshik, keeping his eyes fixed on the floor, because he couldn't look at Taekwoon, not now when he was about to hurt him.

 

“Excuse me?” asked Taekwoon and came even closer to Wonshik, but he moved further away from the older one. By then Taekwoon was really confused with Wonshik's actions, because he just couldn't understand what could be wrong. “Wonshik-ah,” whispered Taekwoon, hugged Wonshik's face and then lifted it up, his shock growing when he saw tears in Wonshik's eyes.

 

The younger male froze when he felt Taekwoon's palm against his cheek and he had to restrain himself from hugging the other one. He closed his eyes and formed firm fists, trying to keep himself calm. He needed to break up with Taekwoon, it was the only way. Then maybe without him in his life, Taekwoon could finally live a long and happy life. After doing this, Wonshik had no more intentions of going back in time, because he knew that it would be a selfish thing to do. Taekwoon's life was more important than his own happiness.

 

Wonshik opened his eyes, placed his hands on top of Taekwoon's and then yanked his hands away. “Don't touch me,” said Wonshik, sounding a bit harsher this time and Taekwoon almost jumped when he heard Wonshik's voice. It wasn't like Wonshik to be speaking with him in that tone of voice and Taekwoon then decided to listen to Wonshik's request. He nodded slowly and distanced himself a little bit away from Wonshik.

 

“Okay, so what do you want to talk about?” asked Taekwoon.

 

Wonshik looked away and gripped the bed sheets. He gritted his teeth as he was preparing himself to say one of the biggest lies that there was. “L-let's end this,” said Wonshik painfully slowly and for the next few moments all that Wonshik could hear was his fast, rapid breathing. He didn't dare to look at Taekwoon.

 

“Huh?” asked Taekwoon and his eyes widened. End what? What the hell was Wonshik talking about it? At first Taekwoon didn't get it, but as he kept looking at Wonshik, things were becoming clearer to him. “E-end what, Wonshik-ah?” he asked. “Us?”

 

“Yes,” said Wonshik. “Let's break up.”

 

When those words left Wonshik's mouth, Taekwoon was sure that he stopped breathing for a moment or so and he blinked a few times, not really believing that Wonshik had just said that. “What are you talking about?” asked Taekwoon, his heart speeding up. “You're not making any sense. Why would you want to break up?! We're getting married, we-”

 

“I don't love you anymore,” said Wonshik and that was when his heart broke completely. He gripped the bed covers tighter and his bit his lower lip. He needed to remain calm if he wanted Taekwoon to believe his words, but that was impossible when a loud 'no' left Taekwoon's mouth and when Wonshik took a quick glance at Taekwoon, he could see that the other one was crying as well.

 

Those words pierced right through Taekwoon's heart and he quickly shook his head in disbelief. No, it couldn't be true, Wonshik had to be lying. There was no way that Wonshik didn't love him anymore. “Y-you're lying,” said Taekwoon, his voice trembling. “If you really don't love me, look me into the eyes and tell me.”

 

Wonshik's heart froze and he took in a deep breath; there was no way that he could do that. He forced himself to look up and his eyes found Taekwoon's. Wonshik could still see that Taekwoon didn't give up completely; he didn't believe him. Wonshik knew that he needed to change that. “I...” started Wonshik and then his words trailed off. Wonshik looked down again and then back up, staring into Taekwoon's eyes again. “I don't love you,” said Wonshik and then looked away, not believing that he managed to do that. “It's over.”

 

“No!” shouted Taekwoon and started sobbing. Wonshik quickly wiped away his own tears as he watched how tears started streaming down Taekwoon's face. Good, this was good; it meant that his plan was working. “B-but we were getting married and-”

 

“I don't want to be married to you,” lied Wonshik and felt his emotions getting numb again. He couldn't feel sadness nor pain at that moment. He just kept looking in front of himself and he shrugged. “Like I said, it's over between us.”

 

“Why?” asked Taekwoon helplessly. “W-what did I do? I'll change, I swear to god that I will, just please don't leave me!”

 

That was when all of the emotions came rushing back and Wonshik felt how a lump formed in his throat. Why did Taekwoon have to ask so many questions, why did it have to be so hard? Wonshik's chest tightened when a loud sob left Taekwoon's mouth and he just wanted to leave, because he couldn't handle it anymore; it was too painful.

 

Wonshik knew that he had to say something that would make Taekwoon hate him. But if he wanted that he knew that he would have to make Taekwoon suffer even more. “I-I got tired of you,” said Wonshik, fighting back the tears. “It's as simple as that. I don't care about you anymore.”

 

“You're lying!”

 

“I'm not,” said Wonshik.

 

“T-then why are you crying?” asked Taekwoon. “I-if you'd really hate me you wouldn't be-”

 

“Stop talking!” snapped Wonshik and covered his ears.

 

“Why are you acting like this?” asked Taekwoon. Determined to change Wonshik's mind, Taekwoon came closer to the younger one and pushed him back against the bed. Before Wonshik could react, Taekwoon was already on top of him, kissing him desperately. That was when Wonshik couldn't hold back his feelings anymore and he wrapped his arms around Taekwoon's body, pulling him closer and he kissed him back. “I love you so much,” said Taekwoon, sliding his fingers underneath Wonshik's shirt and that was what brought Wonshik back to reality. He quickly pushed Taekwoon away and he got up onto his legs, straightening his clothes. Without thinking twice, Wonshik took his suitcase from the corner and started placing his clothes in it. He needed to get away.

 

“W-where are you going?” asked Taekwoon, his voice small.

 

“Away,” snapped Wonshik. “I'll be staying at Hakyeon's from now on,” said Wonshik and then continued packing his things as Taekwoon continued to silently cry. When Wonshik was done, he looked at Taekwoon one last time, his heart aching at the sight of Taekwoon. He looked broken, completely crushed. “Goodbye, Taekwoon.”

 

“Stay,” pleaded Taekwoon.

 

“I can't,” said Wonshik calmly. “It's over... goodbye,” said Wonshik and ran out of the house, because his heart couldn't stand hearing Taekwoon's loud sobs and screams for him to come back.


2 weeks later

 

It was two weeks since Wonshik broke things off between him and Taekwoon and he was having a really hard time. And what was even worse was that Taekwoon kept on calling him all the time. Wonshik somehow managed to stay away from his phone even though Taekwoon was bombarding him with texts and calls. He didn't even read to Taekwoon's texts, because he knew that it would be even harder for him to move on. But it seemed like Taekwoon finally understood the message, because one day Taekwoon's calls and texts stopped coming and Wonshik was glad that Taekwoon decided to move on as well. Even though it hurt, it was still better knowing that Taekwoon was going to be alright. When he told Hakyeon that he broke up with Taekwoon, the other one was really confused at first, but he let him stay at his place without any problems.

 

Wonshik was currently in Hakyeon's living room and was just reading a newspaper, not knowing what to do with himself. Hakyeon was currently not at home, which . Annoyed, Wonshik stood up and started walking around in circles, trying to do something with himself. He wondered if Taekwoon was doing okay. It killed Wonshik when he remembered how broken Taekwoon was when he left him and Wonshik let out a loud sigh, wishing that he could somehow change the whole situation, but he knew that this was for the best.

 

Just as Wonshik was in the middle of thinking, his phone started ringing and Wonshik's heart jumped because he thought that it was Taekwoon who was calling him. But much to his relief, he saw an unknown number written on the screen and he decided to answer the call. “Hello,” said Wonshik and his eyes widened when he heard the voice on the other side of the phone call.

 

“You bastard, it's all your fault,” said a voice, which belonged to a female and Wonshik knew far too well who was calling him; it was Taekwoon's mother. Wonshik's body froze and he firmed fist with his free hand, his heart speeding up. Wonshik knew that something was wrong, because the woman was crying. “I hope that you're happy!” she then screamed and let out a loud sob.

 

“W-what are you talking about?” asked Wonshik, trying to calm his racing heart.

 

“You don't even know, do you?” spat the woman. “How can you live with yourself?!”

 

“What happened?!”

 

“He killed himself because you left him. He's dead because of you,” said the woman and Wonshik fell onto his knees, feeling the familiar sickness returning and he started gasping for air. “Taekwoon's dead. Oh god, Taekwoon is dead!” started yelling and sobbing Taekwoon's mother. Wonshik threw his phone into the wall and screamed at the top of his lungs.

 

He couldn't believe it that Taekwoon passed away again and this time it really was fault. Taekwoon killed himself because of the break up and that was something that Wonshik couldn't live with. Wonshik ran fingers through his hair and then tugged onto it hard and he screamed again. He kept screaming over and over, until he couldn't do it anymore. He needed to make things right, once and for all.

 

Wonshik went to look for the device and when he found it, he watched it for a moment or so. It was true that he promised himself not to use it again, but he just needed to go back again. He thought that disappearing from Taekwoon's life would work, but it didn't. Wonshik's eyes widened, because he thought of something that he knew was going to work. If disappearing from Taekwoon's life didn't help, then what would happen if he never walked into his life?

 

But that meant that he would have to go... ten years back, to make sure that they've never met? Wonshik's heart shrunk at that and he swallowed thickly. He knew that he needed to do it if he wanted to save Taekwoon even though if that meant Taekwoon completely not knowing about his existence. That thought pained Wonshik, but he didn't care.

 

He set the date on the device to ten years back and he felt how his eyes welled up. This was going to be it; he was going to erase everything that he and Taekwoon had together. Was it really worth it? Wonshik closed his eyes and took in a deep breath; it was. Taekwoon was more important to him! With that on his mind, Wonshik finally pressed the button.