Part III

Second chances

Throughout the whole night, Wonshik kept on waking up and checking if Taekwoon really was there asleep next to him. He felt calm every time he saw him and he then just wrapped his arms around the older male, not even caring if Taekwoon woke up or not. He was just so happy that the other one really was sleeping next to him and for the first time in years, Wonshik's bed didn't feel empty or cold anymore. It almost made Wonshik cry when he saw that Taekwoon was soundly asleep next to him.

 

However, when the morning came and when Wonshik woke up, something seemed really strange. When he woke up, the first thing that he felt was how the bed suddenly felt really empty and cold and when he noticed that the space next to him was empty, he was immediately sitting up and he started panicking. Where the hell was Taekwoon?! Wonshik nervously ran fingers through his hair and then made a few deep breaths in. Was the last day only a dream?!

 

Wonshik quickly shook his head, because it couldn't be. It really would be a horrible thing if he really didn't go back in time. No, yesterday definitely was real. So, where the hell was Taekwoon then? Then all of the colour left Wonshik's face as a horrible thought came to his mind. What if Taekwoon already left for work?! Wonshik felt how his heart filled with horror and fear and he immediately searched for the clock. When he saw that it was still too early for Taekwoon to leave home, he relaxed a little bit, but the panic didn't go away completely.

 

“Taekwoon!” shouted Wonshik in panic and he quickly got onto his legs, in attempt to go search for the other one. However, before he could leave the bedroom, the door quickly opened and Taekwoon was already standing there next to him.

 

“What is it?” asked Taekwoon worried. He woke up before Wonshik that morning and because he didn't want to wake him up, he decided to leave the bedroom. Not only that, but he needed to go ready for work, so he was just in the middle of eating his breakfast when he heard Wonshik calling for him. Taekwoon was really worried for the other one, because it looked like Wonshik still didn't forget about what he saw in the future. He didn't know what it was, but he knew that it must've been pretty horrible. “I'm here, Wonshik-ah. I just went to get something to eat and-”

 

“Oh thank god,” whispered Wonshik and felt relieved. Wonshik felt how weight lifted off of his chest and he quickly went closer to Taekwoon and hugged him once again. Taekwoon chuckled when Wonshik placed his strong arms around him and squeezed him tightly to himself, but then stopped when he heard what Wonshik said next. “I thought that you already went to work,” whispered Wonshik into Taekwoon's ear and then started placing soft kisses all over Taekwoon's neck. “I thought that I lost you... again.”

 

“L-lost me?” stammered Taekwoon and then quickly broke their hug. “Y-you said that I left you, but judging by your reaction,” he said and then made a short pause. He wondered what Wonshik really saw in the future. It seemed like something much more serious happened to him. “What happened to me in the future?” he then asked carefully.

 

Wonshik's eyes widened and he cursed, knowing that he should be more careful about what was coming out of his mouth. He looked at Taekwoon and he quickly looked away when an image of dead Taekwoon flashed in front of his eyes. “I don't want to talk about it,” whispered Wonshik and then looked at Taekwoon, who looked visibly hurt by that and he swallowed thickly. , he didn't mean it to sound like that! “Don't look so hurt, I just... It was really horrible and I-”

 

Taekwoon sighed and then nodded, knowing that he should give Wonshik a bit more time. “It's okay,” he said after a while and gave Wonshik a warm smile. “Now,” he said, took Wonshik's hand into his own and then started walking, guiding the younger one to the bed. “We still have a bit more time before I leave so let's just-”

 

“No!” shouted Wonshik and chewed on his lower lip. “I'm begging you to stay home today, don't go to work.”

 

“But I-”

 

“I'm begging you, Taekwoon!” said Wonshik helplessly. He didn't care if the other one didn't want to listen to him, he needed Taekwoon to stay at home. If Taekwoon stayed home, nothing would happen to him. “Just stay here with me, only for today,” said Wonshik desperately and then walked behind Taekwoon, wrapping his arms around Taekwoon's chest and he buried his face into the crook of his lover's neck. “Please.”

 

Taekwoon's heart shook when he heard how desperate Wonshik sounded and he pushed his lips together. He then leaned his head against Wonshik's and let out a deep sigh, knowing that he couldn't say no to Wonshik. On the other hand, he couldn't really leave him alone at that state, could he? He knew that Wonshik needed him and there was no way that Taekwoon was going to leave him all alone. “Okay,” he said softly. “I'll stay home with you for a few days, okay?”

 

“Thank you,” said Wonshik and smiled, happy to hear that. When he heard how Taekwoon chuckled, warmth filled Wonshik's chest and he let out a happy sigh. He then turned Taekwoon around in his arms and pressed his forehead against Taekwoon's and his smile grew when he looked deep into his eyes. “You're perfect.”

 

Taekwoon's eyes widened when he heard Wonshik say that and he almost burst into loud laughter. “I'm far from being perfect,” he said and cupped Wonshik's face. “So, what will we do today, now that I'm staying home?”

 

“I don't really care,” said Wonshik, grabbed Taekwoon's wrist and then threw himself onto the bed, pulling the other one down as well. The older male let out a surprised yelp and then started giggling when he landed on top of Wonshik. The other one turned them over, so that Wonshik was now laying on top of Taekwoon and he leaned down, kissing the tip of Taekwoon's nose. “I love you,” he then whispered. He had been repeating those words over and over again, but he didn't care. Saying them made Wonshik feel better, because he knew that he let the other one know how he felt.

 

Taekwoon's smile widened and he let out a happy sigh. Being with Wonshik made him so happy and he leaned up a bit, so that he could capture Wonshik's lips with his own. Wonshik's body relaxed completely when he felt Taekwoon's soft lips against his own and applied a bit more pressure to the kiss, returning the other one a slightly longer kiss. He then squeezed the older one tighter to himself, making Taekwoon chuckle at the process. “Don't worry, I'm here Wonshik-ah,” he whispered and kissed Wonshik's temple. “I'm not going anywhere.”

 

Wonshik didn't say anything. Instead, he just gave Taekwoon a small smile and he then reached down, taking Taekwoon's hand into his own. He then brought Taekwoon's hand to his lips and gently kissed his fingers. His heart started beating faster when he saw the ring on his lover's finger and he gently touched it. “We're getting married,” he said to himself, but the other one could hear him.

 

“Of course,” said Taekwoon happily. “Don't tell me, you've forgotten?” he then asked and pouted cutely.

 

Wonshik looked at Taekwoon's face and just couldn't suppress a chuckle because the older one looked adorable at that moment. Of course he didn't forget, he just kind of... gave up on the thought of being married to Taekwoon during those two long years, so now seeing that he had a chance to be married to Taekwoon was just kind of overwhelming to him and he quickly shook his head. “Of course I haven't forgotten,” said Wonshik quietly and his eyes welled up again. “I'm so happy,” he then mouthed out, because his voice started shaking again and Taekwoon's heart became heavier again.

 

“Me too,” muttered the older one, because he didn't know what else to say. But he was glad that he said that, because his words caused Wonshik's face to brighten a little bit.

 

Wonshik then remembered that he said another thing that made Taekwoon really happy two years ago. He told him that after the wedding they would adopt children and he frowned. Two years ago he wanted to have children, but what about now? Having children would be pretty stressful, but on the other hand it was a really exciting thought to Wonshik. It really wouldn't be so bad. He looked at Taekwoon and he could see that the other one was curiously looking at him.

 

“What are you thinking about?” asked Taekwoon softly.

 

“About our future,” admitted Wonshik. “I was thinking about... kids.”

 

“Kids?” asked Taekwoon and blinked a few times, but his eyes suddenly widened. “No, it's okay if we don't have children. I know that you don't want to have-”

 

“I want to, I've changed my mind,” said Wonshik quickly and Taekwoon gave him a surprised look. “I've been thinking and well... after the wedding we could adopt,” he said and smiled when he saw the huge smile on Taekwoon's lips.

 

“Are you serious?” asked Taekwoon.

 

“Absolutely.”

 

“You are the best,” said Taekwoon and then started showering Wonshik's face with kisses, causing the younger one to burst in loud laughter. Happiness and warmth filled Wonshik's heart because he was glad that he could make Taekwoon happy. He promised to himself that he would do everything that was in is power to keep Taekwoon happy and safe... forever. He didn't really care what price he would have to pay, because Taekwoon meant everything to him.

 

That day was the first one in many years, in which Wonshik wasn't reminded of the pain that he felt for the last two years. He had a feeling that maybe, just maybe, he and Taekwoon could really live a happy life together, forever.

 


 

A few months later

 

For the next couple of months, Wonshik was living in a complete panic and fear. He would always accompany the other one no matter where he went, because he needed to make sure that Taekwoon was going to be alright and safe. The older male didn't mind it at first, but as the time passed he was growing more and more annoyed by Wonshik's actions. He appreciated that Wonshik was worried about him, but everything had it's limits. But still Taekwoon didn't have the heart to tell him that, because he knew that that would break Wonshik's heart.

 

However, as more time passed, Wonshik was finally able to calm down a little bit, but he still felt pretty paranoid if Taekwoon was late from work or if the older one wasn't returning his calls or texts. He knew that Taekwoon had to be annoyed and angry with him, because he would constantly be asking him where he was and when he was coming home, but he just couldn't help himself. He just didn't want to lose him again. It killed him the first one and he knew that if something happened to Taekwoon again, he probably wouldn't be able to survive it.

 

Wonshik still had the time travelling device, but he kept it hidden at home. He didn't want to use it again, because he still didn't know what kind of effects the whole time travelling thing could have for him or the others around him. Hakyeon had told him that playing with time wasn't wise and Wonshik agreed with his best friend completely. Wonshik was still going to work, but he was coming back home much earlier than he used to in the past. At work, Hongbin and Hakyeon were still his best friends. Even though he loved hanging out with these two, he kind of missed having Hakyeon and Hongbin that he used to know. He wanted to tell them everything that happened, but he was afraid that something could go wrong. Not only that, but he knew that they probably wouldn't believe him anyway.

 

Wonshik frowned and then sighed, but his frown soon disappeared when his eyes travelled to his fiancée, who was happily walking around the house and the younger one just had to chuckle at Taekwoon's adorableness. “Why are you so happily dancing around the house?” asked Wonshik and his smile widened when Taekwoon threw himself onto the couch, on which Wonshik was sitting on.

 

“My mom called,” announced Taekwoon happily and Wonshik's smile soon disappeared. The fact that Taekwoon's parents would call usually put Taekwoon in a bad mood, because they weren't really keen on the idea of the two of them dating and living together. But judging by Taekwoon's reaction, he must've had some good news. “Oh don't look so serious,” said the older one when he saw that Wonshik was frowning and he knew exactly what the other one must've been thinking about. “For a change it's a good thing that they called,” he said. “I invited them to come to our wedding and well... My mom called this morning and she said that she will come. My dad probably won't be coming, but she promised that my sisters will be on our wedding as well.”

 

“Really?” asked Wonshik and blinked a few times. He didn't really know how to feel about knowing that Taekwoon's family was going to come to their wedding, because he never really thought about it.

 

“You don't really mind, do you?” asked Taekwoon when he noticed that Wonshik was thinking about something.

 

“No, of course not,” said Wonshik happily and then smiled. In the end, he decided that he didn't really care. He knew that family meant a lot to Taekwoon and seeing that the news had made Taekwoon happy was enough for Wonshik. As long as Taekwoon was happy, so was he. “I'm glad that they changed their mind,” he then added, placed fingers under Taekwoon's chin, pulled his face closer and then kissed him softly.

 

“Thank you,” said Taekwoon and then returned Wonshik a quick kiss. “So in two weeks we're finally going to be married, huh?” he then said and Wonshik looked at him, nodding happily.

 

“Yeah,” said Wonshik and let out a happy sigh. “I can't wait.”

 

“Same here,” said Taekwoon and his heart started beating faster when he saw that Wonshik's smile widened. He was glad to see that the other one was happy again, because he hated seeing Wonshik crying and be sad in general. He promised to himself that he would do everything that was in his power to keep the younger male happy. “We should do something today,” he then suddenly said, because he wanted to go out of the house. It was weekend and doing something fun outside sounded both exciting and fun to Taekwoon. Not only that, but he knew that a day out would be good for Wonshik as well.

 

“Hmm?” asked Wonshik and looked at his lover. “Like what?”

 

Taekwoon frowned and then started thinking, because he didn't really know where to go with Wonshik. Plus he didn't care about the destination either, he knew that it was going to be fun as long as his lover was going to be around. But judging by curious look on Wonshik's face, Taekwoon knew that he had to be the one that would make the decision what they would do and there they would go. After a few moments of thinking, he blurted out the first thing that came to his mind. “What about shopping?” asked Taekwoon slowly and looked at Wonshik. He knew that the other one wasn't fond of going shopping and he just had to chuckle when he saw how the younger one gave him an 'Are you serious about that?' look. “If you want to,” then Taekwoon quickly added.

 

Wonshik sighed when Taekwoon said that and he then rolled his eyes, because he really didn't want to go out that day. Staying in at home seemed like a very good idea to Wonshik. Not only that, but after hearing that Taekwoon wanted to go shopping made the whole idea of going out even more annoying to him. “Shopping? I don't know,” muttered Wonshik and then looked at Taekwoon, who looked away and he chewed on his lower lip. Wonshik knew that Taekwoon wanted to go out with him somewhere, but did it really had to be shopping? However, even if he didn't like the idea, he knew that there was no way that he could say no to his lover. “I guess we could go to the mall and then... do something there,” said Wonshik after a while.

 

“Really?” asked Taekwoon and was immediately on his legs. “Let's go there then,” he said, reached his hand out and Wonshik took it. The younger one chuckled as he stood up and watched how Taekwoon started walking towards the door. He then sighed and shook his head; maybe going out wasn't such a bad idea after all.

 

The two of them then made their way to the car and Wonshik drove them off to the closest mall in town. Taekwoon saw the miserable look on Wonshik's face when the other one parked his car in front of the mall and he almost burst into loud laughter. However, he did feel bad about it, because he knew that he practically forced Wonshik to come along with him. In the end, he asked Wonshik if he wanted to go to the cinema, which was really close to where they were. Wonshik was more than excited when Taekwoon asked him that and in the end they really went to the cinema and went to watch a movie.

 

After the movie was over, Wonshik finally started having fun and he finally admitted it to himself that Taekwoon was right about forcing him out. Staying in at home wasn't all that bad, but being out with Taekwoon and having fun was even better and in the end, he agreed to go to the mall with Taekwoon. When they reached the mall, they started walking around it as they held hands together. Wonshik didn't know that just walking with Taekwoon and giggling together could be so fun.

 

Wonshik knew that the main reason for not wanting to leave the house was the fact that he wanted to keep Taekwoon safe. He knew that as long as the two of them would stay in the house, nothing would happen to the older male, but at the same time he knew that he couldn't keep Taekwoon a prisoner in his own house. No matter how much he wanted to keep him safe, he knew that his fear was starting to make Taekwoon miserable. Not only that, but he knew that he needed to go out more as well.

 

“Having fun?” asked Taekwoon happily and that woke Wonshik up from thinking. He looked to his right, where Taekwoon was walking and he nodded, making the older male chuckle at the process. “Well I'm glad,” he said and his smile widened. “See? Going out once in a while won't hurt anyone!” he then added and Wonshik chuckled.

 

“I guess,” said Wonshik.

 

As they continued to walk, Taekwoon located a photo booth not that far from them and his eyes lit up. He then grabbed Wonshik's wrist and before the other one could say something, Taekwoon already started dragging him towards the photo booth. “Look,” said Taekwoon then and pointed to it. “Let's take some pictures while we are here!”

 

Wonshik at first didn't quite understand why Taekwoon started dragging him somewhere, but he soon saw the photo booth and he smiled, because he knew that the other one was quite fond of things like that. He looked at Taekwoon's face and Wonshik's smile widened when he saw how happy Taekwoon looked. “Sure, sounds great,” said Wonshik and chuckled when Taekwoon's face brightened at that.

 

They then stepped inside and the first picture of them was Taekwoon having his arms wrapped around Wonshik's waist, while the other one had his lips pressed against Taekwoon's cheek. They made a few more silly pictures and when they went to see how they turned out, the two of them started laughing out loud. Wonshik felt how his heart filled with happiness when he saw the pictures, because the two of them looked absolutely ridiculous on them, but he didn't care. He then looked at Taekwoon again, who seemed to be having as much fun as he was and the placed a kiss onto Taekwoon's temple as the other one kept on looking at their pictures.

 

“I think that this one is the best,” said Taekwoon and pointed on the picture on which they were sticking their tongues out, making Wonshik chuckle. “Oh and I like this one too,” he then added, pointing on another picture.

 

Wonshik placed his hand on top of Taekwoon's head and he let out a happy sigh. The other one looked at him curiously and blinked a few times, waiting for Wonshik to say something. “They all look great,” said Wonshik to himself, but Taekwoon could hear him and he smiled again. “As long as we're together, everything is great.”

 

“Let's take some more pictures then,” said Taekwoon and pulled Wonshik inside of the booth again.

 

Wonshik just had to smile at Taekwoon, because he was beyond adorable and he just couldn't say no to him, so he of course agreed to take some more pictures. Just as they were in the middle of taking their third picture, they heard a loud bang coming from outside and then everything went quiet for a second or so. The next thing that they heard was how people started screaming and Wonshik's heart stopped beating... What the hell was that? His eyes immediately found Taekwoon, who was just as confused as he was.

 

“What the hell was that?” whispered Wonshik, knowing that something terrible must've been happening outside.

 

“I... I don't know,” whispered Taekwoon and stepped closer to Wonshik. “Wait here, I'll go and see what's wrong-”

 

“No!” said Wonshik quickly. More banging sounds could be heard from outside and people's screams were getting louder and louder. There was no way that Wonshik was going to let Taekwoon go out on his own, it wasn't safe. “I'll go see what's going on outside,” he said and turned to Taekwoon. “You wait here, okay?”

 

“Alright,” said Taekwoon and nodded.

 

Wonshik then turned around, feeling how his heart started beating faster when he walked closer to the curtain. He knew that something horrible must've been happening outside judging by the chaos that could be heard from the inside of the photo booth, but nothing could prepare Wonshik to what he saw. At first he didn't quite understand what was going on, because people kept running around. But he soon saw that they weren't just simply running around the mall, but it seemed like that they were running away from someone and his heart stopped when he saw two masked man, which were holding guns. Wonshik went back into the photo booth and sat down, because he felt sick down to his stomach.

 

He buried his face into his palms and then started taking in deep breaths, trying to calm down and clear his thoughts, because the most important thing at that moment was to protect Taekwoon. Why did something like this have to happen when Taekwoon was with him?! He knew it; it would be better if they stayed inside. He regretted listening to Taekwoon's wishes and he let out a quiet sigh, because he didn't know what to do. Taekwoon's eyes widened when he saw Wonshik's reaction and he was immediately kneeling next to the younger one.

 

“W-what's going on out there?” asked Taekwoon, who was afraid of the answer. Wonshik was really pale and when he looked him into the eyes, Taekwoon could see fear in his lover's eyes. That was enough that made him afraid as well and he swallowed thickly. “Wonshik?” he asked quietly. “You're scaring me... what's wrong?”

 

Wonshik's eyes found Taekwoon's and he then just looked down, because he couldn't bear to look at him, he was too afraid that he was going to lose him again. “T-there's two men outside... they are wearing masks and they-” started Wonshik, but then made a short pause. “They have guns. S-some people were bleeding, from what I saw, and I-I think that they shot those people,” he said when he remembered that some shooting sounds were heard not too long before.

 

“Oh no,” said Taekwoon and covered his mouth with his hand. All of the colour left his face and he felt how his heart started racing. He then looked back at Wonshik, whose body was shivering badly. “A-are those people going to be okay? I-I mean, from what you saw.”

 

“I don't care,” said Wonshik and then stood up. He knew that that sounded really selfish, but in reality he didn't really care. All that mattered was that he needed to get Taekwoon out of there. “We need to get out of here. You... you need to be safe. If something happens to you then I'm-”

 

“Wonshik-ah, calm down,” whispered Taekwoon and placed his forehead against Wonshik's. “Everything is going to be alright.”

 

“How?” snapped Wonshik and shook his head. “There's two maniacs out there, going around and shooting people. How can you say that everything is going to be okay?!” he said and started walking around the small place. “I can't believe it, it's happening again. Why... why can't I keep you safe? All I do is bring danger to you and if something happens to you again, I swear that I'm gonna-”

 

“Again?” asked Taekwoon.

 

“Yes, again,” said Wonshik and exhaled, trying to collect himself a little bit, because he knew that they needed a plan if they wanted to come out of there alive. Just as Wonshik was about to say something, a loud bang was heard from the outside, this time really close to them. Wonshik decided to take a look of what was happening outside and he felt sick down to his stomach when he saw how a woman fell onto the floor and the masked man, who was holding a gun, started laughing. Wonshik's eyes welled up and he quickly stepped back inside. “I-I need to get you out of here.”

 

“What did you see, Wonshik?” asked Taekwoon carefully, who also heard a loud bang, which was followed by a loud scream. Because Wonshik wasn't saying anything and was just staring blankly, Taekwoon stepped to him and shook his shoulder, finally gaining his attention. “What did you see?” he repeated his previous question.

 

“Nothing,” said Wonshik and shook his head. His body froze when he heard footsteps coming closer to the photo booth and his gut feeling was telling him that that had to be one of those masked men. At that moment, he did the first thing that popped into his mind; he grabbed Taekwoon's hand and started running towards the exit. Taekwoon let out a loud yelp when he was suddenly pulled by Wonshik, but when he saw a masked man coming closer to them, he started running as well.

 

Wonshik's heart filled itself with horror when he saw the whole scene outside. Some people were lying on the floor and not moving. Others were trying to get away from the whole scene as well and Wonshik's heart squeezed when he saw how some people fell as they were running for their lives. He looked back for a second, just to see if Taekwoon was alright and he then quickly turned around as he continued on running. When he saw that the man was coming closer to them, Wonshik squeezed Taekwoon's hand tighter and he felt how the other one did the same.

 

Then suddenly, the man who was chasing Taekwoon and Wonshik, pulled the trigger and Taekwoon's eyes widened when a sudden pain pierced his body and he let out a shocked yelp of pain. Wonshik's heart started beating faster when he heard that, but he didn't stop running, his hand still gripping onto Taekwoon's. The main thing was that they got out of there. “Are you alright?” asked Wonshik.

 

“I... I think so,” managed to say Taekwoon, because the pain suddenly disappeared.

 

Wonshik's heart filled with joy when he finally saw the entrance door and he started running faster, dragging Taekwoon along. When the two of them were finally outside, the younger one didn't stop running because he needed to make sure that they were far enough from that place. Only then, he could finally say to himself that they were safe; that Taekwoon was safe. When he was finally sure that they were far enough, he stopped running, fell onto his knees and started gasping for air. He smiled, because he managed to save Taekwoon. For once in his life, he was able to do something for Taekwoon.

 

“We... we made it,” said Wonshik as he continued on taking in deep breaths.

 

“Wonshik-ah,” whispered Taekwoon.

 

“Yeah?” asked Wonshik and finally turned around. However, when he saw Taekwoon, his heart fell into the pit of his stomach. Taekwoon was really pale and Wonshik froze when he saw that Taekwoon's shirt was soaked with blood. The realisation that Taekwoon was shot as they were trying to run away from those two men slowly started sinking in and Wonshik chewed on his lower lip. With horror in his eyes, he watched how Taekwoon fell onto his knees, his eyes never leaving Wonshik's.

 

“Oh my god,” managed to say Wonshik and he was immediately next to Taekwoon. “No, no, no,” he said. “T-this isn't happening.” He then practically tore Taekwoon's shirt off, because he needed to see where Taekwoon was shot. Wonshik became sick again when he saw a big wound on Taekwoon's stomach and he let out a loud scream. No... This wasn't happening; not again! There was no way that he was going to lose Taekwoon again. He then pressed the shirt against Taekwoon's stomach, in attempt to stop the bleeding.

 

“Wonshik-ah,” whispered Taekwoon and Wonshik looked at him, tears rolling down his face. “It looks like I didn't make it.”

 

“D-don't say that, you're going to be alright,” said Wonshik and then took his phone from his pocket, because he needed to call the ambulance. He then quickly called the number, told them where they were and what had happened. When they reassured him that they were on their way, Wonshik ended the call and then returned to Taekwoon. “S-see? I called for help and they will be here any moment now.”

 

“I'm cold,” said Taekwoon and Wonshik's heart broke when he saw how his lover's body started shaking. He then pressed the shirt tighter against Taekwoon's wound because the bleeding just didn't want to stop. As he did that, Taekwoon let out a whimper of pain and Wonshik let out a loud curse. He couldn't do anything right! He quickly took his own jacket off and placed it on top of Taekwoon, in attempt to at least keep him warm, but he knew that that was kind of pointless.

 

“B-better?” asked Wonshik.

 

“Yeah,” said Taekwoon and somehow managed to smile. “T-thank you.”

 

For the next couple of minutes, Wonshik continued to talk with Taekwoon about some random things. The main thing was that Taekwoon didn't fall asleep, but after a few minutes, Taekwoon's condition worsened and panic started kicking in again. Where the hell was the ambulance when you needed it?! And why couldn't he stop the damn bleeding?! He looked around and his heart shook when he saw how much blood Taekwoon had lost.

 

“I love you,” suddenly whispered Taekwoon.

 

Wonshik's heart stopped beating once again, because he knew what it meant when people started talking like this in these kinds of situations. “No, no, no... Please god,” said Wonshik and started caressing Taekwoon's hair. “I-I love you too, but please don't-”

 

“I feel so sleepy,” said Taekwoon, whose eyes started closing.

 

“No, don't close your eyes. Hey,” said Wonshik and gently tapped Taekwoon's cheek, making him open his eyes again. “Y-you're going to be alright,” said Wonshik, even though he didn't believe that anymore. “I just need you to keep on looking at me and talking to me,” he said. “Please don't leave me. Don't leave me alone again, I'm begging you.”

 

Taekwoon's heart broke when he heard Wonshik say that and he finally understood what Wonshik must've seen in the future. He felt horrible, because he knew that he was going to break his promise that he gave to Wonshik. “I'm sorry,” said Taekwoon and let the tears wet his face. “F-for not being able to keep my promise.”

 

“Don't say that-”

 

“I love you,” said Taekwoon and started sobbing.

 

“I love you too,” whispered Wonshik and leaned down, kissing Taekwoon. “God... I love you so much,” he then said and then just broke down. Wonshik buried his face into Taekwoon's chest and started helplessly sobbing, because he didn't know what to do anymore. His worst fears were coming true again and he would do everything that was in his power to change places with Taekwoon.

 

“Wonshik-ah,” whispered Taekwoon and reached up with his arms. Wonshik immediately took his hand into his own and brought it up to his face, kissing it. When he saw the ring on Taekwoon's finger, his sobbing only got louder.

 

“I wasn't able to save you,” said Wonshik. “God, I am so sorry Taekwoon... I-”

 

Taekwoon suddenly felt really tired and he was barely keeping his eyes opened. He didn't feel cold anymore, which was odd. He knew what was coming and his eyes welled up again, because he just couldn't hold out anymore. “It... is... okay,” said Taekwoon and then closed his eyes. “...love you.”

 

“Taekwoon?” said Wonshik and almost stopped breathing when he saw that Taekwoon wasn't responding to him anymore. Panicking, Wonshik pressed his fingers against Taekwoon's wrist, searching for his pulse. Because he couldn't find it, he pressed his fingers against the older male's neck, but was against confronted with disappointment. “Open your eyes, Taekwoon. Please do it for me,” said Wonshik and tears kept on streaming down his face. He then placed his hands on Taekwoon's shoulders and started shaking his body frantically, because he needed to wake up Taekwoon.

 

As he kept on screaming for Taekwoon to come back, the ambulance finally showed up and the paramedics hurried to Taekwoon and Wonshik. Wonshik stepped away and watched how they tried to bring Taekwoon back to life and he kept on clinging on hope that they would be able to do it. However, when he saw how a young male shook his head, a loud 'no' left Wonshik's mouth and he then just kept screaming and sobbing, because he couldn't believe it that he didn't manage to save Taekwoon. He failed.

 

Taekwoon passed away again, and Wonshik knew that it was his fault.