Part II

Second chances

One year later

 

After Taekwoon died, Wonshik's life had completely turned upside down. The first few months were especially hard, because he still had that feeling that Taekwoon was going to come back home someday. In the middle of the nights, he would wake up to check if the other one really wasn't sleeping next to him. Every time he discovered that Taekwoon really wasn't coming home, his heart broke. And yes, Wonshik knew he had more important things to do than to be feeling sorry for himself. He needed to finish that device, because he wanted to save Taekwoon as soon st it was possible.

 

When a few months passed away, he managed to get his emotions under control and the fact that he was missing Taekwoon so much started to help him. He was so determined and so desperate to make that damn thing work that he spent most of the days at work. And when he would go back home, he would continue working on the time travelling device. Other people would tell him that his obsession with making the device was unhealthy, but he didn't care. Other people meant nothing to Wonshik, even his two best friends Hakyeon and Hongbin.

 

Even though Hakyeon and Hongbin were both against Wonshik's desire to make the thing work so quickly, they helped him at first. But later on, when they saw that making a time machine was almost impossible, they kind of gave up and left Wonshik on his own. He wasn't really mad with his two friends, because that meant that he wouldn't have to listen to their protests. He knew that the two of them wanted to stop him, so being without them meant that Wonshik could work more efficiently.

 

Wonshik really was optimistic at first that he could make the time machine on his own. However, as days turned into weeks, weeks into months and month into entire year, he was growing more and more desperate because he was going nowhere with his research. But he didn't gave up, he couldn't. Giving up was the last thing that Wonshik would do. No, there was going to be a day that he would be able to travel back in time, to his Taekwoon. To the time when they were both so happy.

 

That day, Wonshik was still at work, like he usually was. He didn't know what time it was, but he knew that it was already really late, because everyone already left the building. He didn't really care too much about it, because there were nights that he didn't even go back home. Wonshik let out a deep sigh and then tried to connect the wires on the device again. He hoped that maybe that time he could actually make it work. He calculated all of the possibilities countless number of times and he was sure that this time he was going to be successful. However, when he connected the wires and wanted to test the machine, nothing happened. Wonshik pressed the 'turn on' button again, but the lights which were supposed to appear on the screen of the device, stayed switched off and Wonshik let out a loud groan.

 

He was furious. Why didn't it work this time? He was so sure that it was going to work and now he failed again. That was what he really was; he was nothing but a mere failure. He couldn't even keep his promise to Taekwoon. He promised him to save him, but he couldn't do that. The man pushed his lips together and looked down, running his fingers through his hair. He felt so helpless that he wanted to cry. God, he felt so tired.

 

His eyes then found the device, which was still placed on the desk in front of him and Wonshik felt how anger started building up. Without even thinking, Wonshik took the thing into his own hands and then threw it against the wall. He watched how the device shattered when it came in contact with the wall and Wonshik then let out a loud yell. He then walked over the broken machine and kicked it, so that it landed on the other side of the room. He needed to calm down, he knew that... but he couldn't. He firmed a fist with his left hand and then punched the wall in front of him. He then punched it over and over again, until his knuckles were bleeding and he then placed his forehead against the cold wall, helplessly sobbing.

 

At that exact time, the door suddenly opened and a very worried Hakyeon stepped inside. His eyes widened when he saw the scene in front of his eyes. He quickly located the broken device, on which he knew that Wonshik was working on, and his heart then broke when he saw Wonshik crying. He knew it far too well what had happened, this wasn't the first time that he witnessed this. Hakyeon knew that Wonshik was desperate to be with Taekwoon again, but this needed to stop. It was clear that Wonshik's research had reached the dead end.

 

“Oh, Wonshik-ah,” whispered Hakyeon and quickly walked over to his friend. The younger one quickly turned around when he heard how someone called his name and he quickly started wiping his tears away when he saw that it was Hakyeon. “You don't have to hide your emotions in front of me. If you feel the need to cry, then cry,” he then added, because he saw how Wonshik was trying to pretend that nothing was wrong.

 

“Hyung,” said Wonshik, his whole body trembling. He wanted to run away, he wished that he could hide his feelings better. “I was just,” he started but then stopped. “I failed again, I just... I just can't make the damn thing work.”

 

“I know that you want to be with him again, but,” said Hakyeon. “You need to stop this, it's unhealthy. And... it's killing me to watch in how much pain you are every time that you don't succeed.”

 

“No!” yelled Wonshik. “I c-can't just give up now, not now that I'm this close,” added Wonshik and his eyes filled with tears again. He couldn't believe that Hakyeon was telling him to stop.

 

“Close?” asked Hakyeon and shook his head. “We thought we were close on making it work a year ago,” he said and sighed. “You need to let it go, Wonshik.”

 

“H-how can you say that?” asked Wonshik, who was absolutely furious with his co-called best friend. Weren't friends supposed have you back no matter what?! Wonshik frowned and then made a step back... Hakyeon wasn't his real friend, not if he couldn't support him. “T-then what are you doing here? You know that there's no way that you can stop me! I will make the device work and then I'll go back in time, you'll see! I need to save Taekwoon; I owe him this!”

 

“I understand that you miss him,” said Hakyeon, trying to remain calm. “But as your friend, I am begging you to stop-”

 

“You're not my friend!” snapped Wonshik. “Why can't you for a change support me?!”

 

“Excuse me?” asked and Hakyeon's eyes widened when those words left Wonshik's mouth. He knew that his friend was upset and wanted to see his dead lover very much, but still hearing that hurt Hakyeon and he let out a small sigh. “I'll always be your friend, Wonshik,” he said. “Even though you might not see me as one, but I'll always support you.”

 

“T-then help me,” said Wonshik and leaned against the wall. He looked at Hakyeon and the older one's heart shook when he saw the desperate look in his eyes. “I-if you're really my friend help me. I need your help more than ever right now. I can't do this on my own,” said Wonshik and then slowly started sliding down the wall, until he was sitting on the floor.

 

“Wonshik,” whispered Hakyeon. How was he supposed to say no to his friend now? He would do everything that was in his power that could erase the pain, which Wonshik was feeling. So of course, he was going to give Wonshik all the help that he needed. Even though he didn't want to give Wonshik any more false hope, he just couldn't say no at the moment like this. Hakyeon walked over the younger male, sat down next to him and placed his hand on Wonshik's shoulder. As he did that, Wonshik's eyes were on him and Hakyeon nervously chewed on his lower lip. “O-okay, I'll help you,” he said slowly. “But I can't promise that-”

 

“Thank you, hyung,” said Wonshik and wrapped his arms around Hakyeon's neck, pulling his friend tightly to himself. That was all that he wanted to hear, he just wanted to know that he wasn't completely alone. He wanted to know that Hakyeon was still on his side and he was glad that he was. He then buried his face into Hakyeon's shoulder and let the tears wet his face again. “T-thank you so much,” Wonshik said in between the sobs.

 

As Wonshik kept on sobbing, Hakyeon felt how tears started gathering in his own eyes and wrapped his own arms around Wonshik's waist, pulling him closer to himself. “No need to thank me, Wonshik,” said Hakyeon. “I'll convince Hongbin to help us as well,” he then added and watched how Wonshik nodded. “You'll be with Taekwoon in no time, you'll see.”

 

When Hakyeon mentioned Taekwoon, Wonshik's sobs only grew louder and he tightly held himself onto Hakyeon. “I-I miss him s-so much,” said Wonshik. “It would hurt less if someone would rip my heart out.” Wonshik then pulled back a bit, breaking his hug with Hakyeon. Hakyeon's lower lip trembled when he saw Wonshik's face. Wonshik saw the tears in his friend's eyes and he quickly looked away, feeling guilty.

 

“Look at me,” whispered Hakyeon and forced a sad smile when Wonshik's eyes were back on him. He then reached up with his hand and started wiping Wonshik's tears away with his fingers and then sighed. “You will be happy again... soon, I promise.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

“Now, let's go home. You need to rest,” said Hakyeon and slowly got onto his legs.

 

“But-”

 

“We'll start working tomorrow,” said Hakyeon and much to his surprise Wonshik nodded. Wonshik then slowly got onto his legs as well and then sighed. “Do you want to sleep over at my place?” asked Hakyeon, because he really didn't want to leave Wonshik alone at a time like that. He knew that Wonshik would feel better if he wasn't alone as well.

 

“C-can I really?” asked Wonshik.

 

“Of course,” said Hakyeon and gave Wonshik a small smile. “Now... let's get going.”

 


 

A few months later

 

Wonshik parked his car near the cemetery and then got out of his car. He took the flowers into his hand and then slowly started walking towards the place where Taekwoon was buried at. As he was coming closer to the place, Wonshik felt how his legs had gotten heavier and his heart started beating faster. He hated going there, and yet he went every day. It was his only connection with Taekwoon that he still had left. Wonshik's chest tightened when he saw Taekwoon's grave and he then placed the flowers onto the grave. He didn't even know it why, but it suddenly became too hard to breathe and he had to close his eyes and take a few deep breaths in, just to calm down a little bit.

 

“Hey, Taekwoon,” said Wonshik slowly and then swallowed thickly. He would do this every day; come here and then just talk to Taekwoon. It helped him, it was as if Taekwoon was still there, listening to him. “Happy birthday,” he then added and his voice shook terribly at that.

 

It was Taekwoon's birthday that day, the second one that Wonshik had to spend without him. He then stepped a bit closer to the grave and then touched the cold stone, which was as cold as Taekwoon's hand that day. At that, Wonshik's whole body trembled and he quickly tried to get rid of those memories. He wasn't there to dwell about the past; he came to tell Taekwoon the good news. With the help of Hakyeon and Hongbin, Wonshik finally managed to make the thing actually work. It wasn't completely finished yet, but he knew for sure that it was going to work this time.

 

“I'll be able to see you really soon,” said Wonshik and a sad smile appeared on his face. “You remember the ''time machine'' that I was working on?” asked Wonshik. “Well with the help of friends, I think that it'll soon be ready,” he said. “A-and then I'll travel back... I'll save you, Taekwoon... you'll see.”

 

Wonshik's smile grew, despite the presence of tears in his eyes. “We'll be able to be together again,” he said and sighed. “Finally.”

 

“God, you have no idea how much I miss you,” then said Wonshik and sighed. A life without Taekwoon around really was no life at all. “I still feel like you're around somewhere... watching me,” added Wonshik and looked down. The wind dried his tears and Wonshik just sighed. He didn't know what to tell Taekwoon anymore, because he was constantly talking to him. Not only on the cemetery, but he talked to Taekwoon at home as well. It helped Wonshik to calm down, because that way he still had a feeling that Taekwoon was with him.

 

On the other hand, talking to ''Taekwoon'' gave Wonshik an impression that he was slowly going insane, which he probably was because the loneliness sometimes really was too hard to bear and that was what was causing his insanity. He really couldn't bear to be alone. Yes, he had friends, but they couldn't fill the hole in his heart. That hole could only be filled by Taekwoon and Wonshik knew that. So, the fact that the machine was going to be ready pretty soon was the only reason that kept Wonshik sane. Wonshik knew that if the device would fail to work once again, he wouldn't be able to take it anymore. This was his last attempt to be reunited with Taekwoon and if it wouldn't work, Wonshik considered being reunited with his lover in some other kind of way. Both Hakyeon and Hongbin knew that, so they made sure that they did everything that was in their power to make sure that the device was going to work perfectly.

 

“I guess I should get going now,” said Wonshik after a few moments of silence and he then turned around, slowly walking away from the grave. Before Taekwoon's grave could leave his sight, Wonshik turned around and smiled again. “I can't wait to be with you again. I'll save you this time, you'll see Taekwoon.”

 


 

A few months later

 

 

“It's finished,” announced Hongbin and both, Hakyeon and Wonshik, were immediately standing next to him. Wonshik's eyes widened and he quickly took the device from Hongbin's hands. The machine itself wasn't really that big; it was as big as a cell phone and it also looked like one. The trio wanted the machine to stay hidden from other people for a little while, so they decided to make it look like a phone, so that it wouldn't stand out too much. Wonshik then turned the device around and his heart filled itself with joy at the thought that he would be able to see Taekwoon in a few moments.

 

“Really?” asked Hakyeon. “Do you remember what happened the last time that we tried to use it?” he then asked and shook his head. “I don't know, are you really sure that it's ready for use?.”

 

“I know, I know, hyung,” said Hongbin and then smiled. “But I took care of it and now it should work perfectly. Actually, I tried it myself a few moments ago, when the two of you weren't looking, and I have to say that it really does work!”

 

Wonshik's heart almost started dancing with joy when Hongbin said that. God, he was so happy. “Finally, after two years of hard work, we managed to finish it,” said Wonshik quietly, walked over to the chair and sat down, his eyes never leaving the device in his hand. “And now, I-I'll finally be able to see him,” he said, his voice trembling a little bit at that. Wonshik then stopped talking and he looked at his two best friends. He was so happy that he had them, because he knew that there was no way that this could work if he didn't have them.

 

“What?” asked Hongbin, when he noticed that Wonshik was just sitting there and staring at him.

 

“Oh?” asked Wonshik, cleared his throat and then stood up. “I was just thinking,” he said. “Thanks, to both of you. If you weren't here, then I don't know what I would do. I probably would never finish it on my own.”

 

Hakyeon smiled and then sighed. He still wasn't too sure about the whole time travel thing, because he felt that it couldn't really be good. He didn't know why, but he had this horrible feeling that something was going to go wrong. Messing around with time didn't seem such a good idea to him, but he didn't have the heart to tell Wonshik that. Just seeing his friend smile after such a long time, was able to bring a smile on Hakyeon's face as well. “You're welcome,” said Hakyeon quietly and then shrugged. “I'm just happy that you'll be able to see Taekwoon again.”

 

“Yeah,” said Hongbin and chuckled. “No need to thank us really, we were just helping out a friend in need,” he then said.

 

Wonshik's smile widened and he then walked over to Hakyeon and Hongbin, giving them both a tight and a warm hug. He then made a few steps back and his eyes were back on the device. Just thinking about seeing Taekwoon after two long years was enough to make Wonshik's heart race and he was sure that it was going to jump out of his chest. He felt both excited and scared; what if something would go wrong? Wonshik shook his head, no it wouldn't! Plus Hongbin just told him that the machine was working perfectly, so it really wouldn't be a problem. He then looked back up and saw that Hakyeon had a troubled expression on his face. Wonshik knew that Hakyeon was against him travelling back in time.

 

“Something wrong, hyung?” asked Wonshik carefully.

 

“No... I mean yes. I don't know,” said Hakyeon and ran his fingers through his hair. “I mean, I don't know if it is really safe to be travelling through time like this,” he said and then made a short pause. “I guess I'm just really worried.”

 

“Don't worry too much,” said Wonshik. “I'll be really careful, I promise.”

 

Hakyeon then just nodded without saying anything, because he knew that it would be useless talking Wonshik out of it. The trio then went to celebrate for a little bit. When it was time for them to part, Wonshik was suddenly struck with realisation that he probably wouldn't see Hongbin and Hakyeon again, well at least not this Hakyeon and Hongbin. He knew that they were still back in the past, but it still wouldn't be the same. But he somehow managed to ignore those horrible feelings and when they finally said their goodbyes, Wonshik practically ran back home.

 

“Oh god, I can't really believe that this is really finally happening,” said Wonshik happily when he reached home and then took the time travelling device back into his hands and started walking around the room. So, to which day should he travel? Wonshik sat down, still thinking about it. After a few more moments of thinking, he figured that the best solution was to travel back to a day before Taekwoon died.

 

Wonshik then set the date and the hour on the device and then nervously looked around the room. He suddenly felt really nervous at the moment. What if it wouldn't work, then what? What if he travelled to the wrong time and then got stuck in there?! Wonshik felt how his heart started racing, because he knew that he wouldn't be able to see Taekwoon again if that happened and the then swallowed thickly. He shouldn't be thinking like this. He knew that it would work, it had to. So without even thinking about it again, he finally pressed the button.

 

At first nothing happened, but then suddenly Wonshik got a really odd sensation. The ground beneath him started shaking and Wonshik started panicking... was this supposed to happen? Why didn't he ask Hongbin earlier how it felt like travelling back?! The shaking only got stronger and Wonshik's eyes widened when the whole room started becoming lighter and lighter. After a few seconds, the light was so strong that Wonshik had to close his eyes and because the ground was shaking so hard he lost his balance and fell onto the floor. After that, Wonshik out and the next thing that he remembered was how someone was calling his name.

 

“Wonshik-ah?” asked the voice and the person to which the voice belonged to sounded very worried. ”Hongbin, bring some water. It looks like he fainted or something. Come on, don't just stand there and go get some water!”

 

Wonshik slowly opened his eyes and was welcomed by a splitting headache. His vision was blurry, but after a few more moments, it finally became clearer and he could see that Hakyeon was the one calling his name. At that, Wonshik was immediately on his legs and at first he didn't quite get it what was going on. Also, when did he go back to work?! And why was Hakyeon there? Then Wonshik's heart stopped... it didn't work, did it? At that, Wonshik's heart sunk to the pit of his stomach and he then sat down. God, why wouldn't it work?!

 

“Are you feeling okay?” asked Hakyeon, worried.

 

“Do I look okay?!” yelled Wonshik and then hid his face into his palms. “Why didn't it work?! And what the hell am I doing back here?”

 

“Excuse me?” asked Hakyeon, who was visibly confused. “What didn't work?”

 

Wonshik looked at him and gave him a nasty look. “The device that we made to travel through the time!” snapped Wonshik. He was feeling furious.

 

“It's not finished yet, Wonshik. You know that we are still working on it,” said Hakyeon slowly and then walked closer to Wonshik. “Are you sure that you're feeling okay?”

 

Not finished yet?! At that Wonshik's eyes snapped back open and he looked around the room and his eyes located the device, which was on the desk and it looked very different to the one, which they made this morning. It looked awful a lot like the one that... he and the other two were working on two years ago. Oh wait! Wonshik blinked a few times, waiting for everything to sink in. Did it work? It must've worked; he really went back in time. Wonshik then looked at Hakyeon, who was still looking at him confused. Joy filled his heart and he almost started laughing out loud, because he was that happy. He looked at the clock, it was already pretty late... He needed to go back home; he needed to see him.

 

Taekwoon!

 

“O-oh yeah, I'm okay, sorry hyung for snapping at you like this,” quickly said Wonshik and gave Hakyeon a small smile. “It was just a long day.”

 

Hakyeon's facial expression softened at that and he nodded. “Yeah, I know,” said Hakyeon. “You really look tired, Wonshik, I think that you should go home,” he said. “You've been here since this morning, so you need to get some rest.”

 

“Yes,” said Wonshik and immediately started walking towards the door. “I think so too, I... I need to go back home.”

 

“Okay,” said Hakyeon, still confused by Wonshik's actions. “See you tomorrow then?”

 

“Yeah, most definitely!” said Wonshik. “Bye then, hyung,” he added and literally ran towards his car.

 

Wonshik then drove towards home. On his way there, his heart was thumping hard against his ribcage and he couldn't wait to be home. He didn't even know how he would react after seeing Taekwoon again. Tears of happiness filled Wonshik's eyes and the grip on his steering wheel tightened. God, he couldn't wait to have Taekwoon back in his arms again. He would never let him go after that. Before Wonshik knew it, he was already home and his heart only started beating faster when he saw that his home, for a change, wasn't dark. When he saw Taekwoon's car parked in its usual spot, Wonshik finally let the tears fall down his face. Taekwoon really was alive!

 

Wonshik got out of his car and ran towards the entrance door. He then quickly opened the door and went into the living room. When he came there, he saw Taekwoon, who was happily watching the TV and Wonshik almost had a heart attack. This really was the reality, right? It wasn't just another one of his dreams again?

 

“T-Taekwoon,” said Wonshik very quietly and the older male quickly looked at his direction.

 

“Wonshik?” asked Taekwoon, who was surprised to see Wonshik so early home. He knew that the other one was supposed to be working late that day, so seeing him be back home that early left Taekwoon a bit confused. Did something happen? Judging by the way that Wonshik was acting, something really must've happen and Taekwoon's heart broke when Wonshik started sobbing. “What's wrong?” asked the older one and quickly walked over to his sobbing lover. “Wonshik?” asked Taekwoon again.

 

Wonshik slowly reached his hand up and gently touched Taekwoon's cheek with his trembling fingers. Taekwoon's cheek was so warm and new emotions started rushing over Wonshik's body. “I-it really is you,” managed to say Wonshik and then he did what he was dying to do for these past two years. He wrapped his arms around Taekwoon's body, held him tightly to himself, and then the only thing that Wonshik could do was to cry.

 

Taekwoon was really confused and worried by that point, but he asked no questions. He returned Wonshik the hug and gave Wonshik all the time that he needed. Taekwoon then placed his hand against Wonshik's back and started drawing small, soothing circles against it. “Wonshik,” whispered Taekwoon into the younger male's ear, causing him to cry even harder. God, the way that Taekwoon said his name seemed like the most beautiful thing to Wonshik. He missed hearing his voice so much. “Shh, calm down,” said Taekwoon quietly and then pulled back a bit, taking Wonshik's face into his hands.

 

Wonshik's chest tightened when his face was welcomed by the warmth of Taekwoon's hands and he swallowed back a sob. “I love you,” said Wonshik and then placed his fingers back onto Taekwoon's cheek. His fingers then travelled up to Taekwoon's eyelids and then down his nose, stopping on his full lips. Wonshik just needed to make sure that Taekwoon really was there, because he still couldn't believe it. “I love you,” said Wonshik and then kissed Taekwoon desperately. “I love you.”

 

“I love you too,” said Taekwoon gently and felt helpless because he didn't know how to calm Wonshik down. When he said that he loved Wonshik as well, the younger one started crying again and Taekwoon's heart shrunk at that. Did he say something wrong?

 

“Y-you mean everything to me,” said Wonshik and started showering Taekwoon's face with kisses. He still couldn't believe it. His hard work from the past two years actually paid off and Wonshik couldn't be happier. “I m-missed you so much,” said Wonshik, kissing Taekwoon again. “Don't leave me again, please, I-”

 

“Leave you?” asked Taekwoon and blinked a few times. “Why would I do that? You should know that I would never leave you, you are too precious to me,” he added and then watched how new tears started streaming down Wonshik's face. He still didn't know what Wonshik was talking about, but he didn't intend to ask about it because it seemed like Wonshik didn't want to talk about it and he respected that.

 

“Oh god,” said Wonshik and wrapped his arms around Taekwoon again, letting Taekwoon's scent fill him completely. God, he missed this so much. After a while, he slowly started calming down in Taekwoon's arms and the older one smiled when he felt Wonshik relaxing in his arms. He was glad that Wonshik was finally calming down.

 

“Feeling better?” asked Taekwoon and broke their hug.

 

“I guess,” said Wonshik and shrugged.

 

Taekwoon gave him a warm smile and then started wiping the tears from Wonshik's face with the sleeve of his shirt and the younger one's eyes welled up yet again. God, Taekwoon was so kind. “Shh, don't cry again,” said Taekwoon quietly. “I hate seeing you cry.”

 

“I-I'm sorry, I won't cry anymore,” said Wonshik, new tears rolling down his face.

 

“Do you want to talk about it?” asked Taekwoon and gave Wonshik a soft kiss. “What happened?”

 

Wonshik wanted to say no, but he knew that Taekwoon would think that he was pushing him away by not telling him and Wonshik didn't want that. He wanted things to be perfect between him and Taekwoon, so he decided to tell him a part of the whole truth. He wasn't going to tell Taekwoon that he died, no way. “Yeah,” said Wonshik and sighed. He then reached into his pocket and pulled out the time machine. “We managed to finish the time travelling device.”

 

“Really?” asked Taekwoon, both happy and excited. Taekwoon took the device when Wonshik handed it to him and then took a closer look at it. He first thought that it was a phone, but then realised that it was much more than that. “Congratulations,” said Taekwoon happily. “You finally made it.”

 

“Yeah,” said Wonshik quietly. “I-I managed to see the future and it was horrible,” said Wonshik and closed his eyes. “Oh god.”

 

“What happened?”

 

“It doesn't matter.”

 

“Tell me.”

 

“You left me,” said Wonshik and sighed.

 

“L-left you... I did?” asked Taekwoon, shocked to hear that. So that was the reason behind Wonshik's earlier behaviour and Taekwoon's heart sunk. He felt horrible, knowing that he was the reason behind it, even though that it didn't happen yet. He was about to ask another question, but then stopped when he saw Wonshik's troubled face. “Don't worry,” he then whispered. “I won't leave you, even if you saw that happen in the future. It hasn't happened yet.”

 

Wonshik nodded and then wrapped his arms around Taekwoon again. “God, I love you so much.”

 

Taekwoon smiled at that and kissed Wonshik gently. They exchanged a few more kisses and Taekwoon then pulled back, chuckling when he saw Wonshik's face. He then took his lover's had into his own and slowly guided him into the kitchen. “Now, let's eat something. It'll make you feel better, you'll see.”

 

Wonshik nodded and smiled. He was beyond happy and just sitting down and having a meal with Taekwoon seemed like the most beautiful thing to Wonshik. He promised himself to never let go of Taekwoon again and he would do everything that was in his power to keep Taekwoon safe.

 

For the first time in two years, Wonshik slept with a smile on his face that night.

 

To be continued...