Flying Hearts ; Bruised Knees

The Collection

‘It’s not fair’ Changmin thought as he watch the kyuwook couple cuddle in each other’s arms. It’s definitely not fair. Changmin wanted to go dump himself in the Han river, it was like this was a God's way of toying with him.

 

He had met Kim Ryeowook during high school. Him being able to skip a math level and go straight to senior math, there he met the angel in his life. Ryeowook was nice, sweet, kind, and caring. It was hard to not fall for him. He even brought Changmin lunch once, and that was a deal maker.

 

Ryeowook graduated first, with Changmin following right after him the year after. Where Changmin thought that he would finally be able to make Ryeowook his. They weren’t little kids in high school anymore, they were adults now. He could finally ask Ryeowook to be his without having to worry about the consequences. They could finally be together.

 

That’s when he met Cho Kyuhyun. It wasn’t fair. If Changmin was a 10/10 in a someone’s book, then Kyuhyun was a 15/10. Changmin was good at games but, Kyuhyun was better. Changmin knew how to code computers to a degree, but Kyuhyun had been messing with computers since he was 15.

 

Kyuhyun’s eyes, they lit up with so much light when Ryeowook came around, and so did Ryeowook’s. They fit each other like a perfect glove. It broke Changmin’s heart. Because he wanted to be the one holding Ryeowook, and cuddling with him. He wanted to be the one to wake up to Ryeowook in the morning, and he wanted to be the one that Ryeowook was in love with.

 

“Minnie, are you ok?” Ryeowook called out and Changmin shock his head for a moment before a smile appeared on his face.

 

“Yeah sorry, was thinking about something.”

“Oh, what were you thinking about?”

 

“The high school math problems that you couldn’t solve.” Changmin answered with a smirk, and Kyuhyun burst into laughter. Actually getting up to high five him for such a good comeback, and shortly after the melodious sound of Ryeowook’s laughter entered his ears. It was nice to be the one that created the laughter, but Changmin’s heart was still heavy.

 

“I think i’m going to go guys.” Changmin started, getting up from his chair.

 

“So soon?” Ryeowook asked, pout forming on his face. Changmin just laughed.

 

“Yeah sorry, I have to work early tomorrow morning.” Changmin said with a frown coming to his face.

“Before you go, can I talk to you Changmin” Kyuhyun asked, following him to the door the apartment.

 

“Of course, what can I do for you?” Changmin asked with a smile on his face.

 

“I want your blessing… i’m finally going to ask him to marry me…” Kyuhyun whispered as Changmin was putting on his coat. Changmin just looked at him with wide eyes, and if possible his heart began to break into even more pieces.

 

He quickly recovered though, sending Kyuhyun a supporting smile.

 

“You have my blessing Kyuhyuna, just don’t make him cry.” Changmin said with a smile on his face, but his smile didn’t reach his eyes. Kyuhyun didn’t notice though. He just pulled Changmin into a hug and thanked him repeatedly.

 

Changmin hugged him back, but felt tears forming in his eyes. His chance at getting Ryeowook was finally over, the kyuwook couple were finally going to get married, everyone would be happy, and filled with joy. The college sweethearts finally becoming sweethearts.


Changmin left their apartment, and when the door finally shut, he found himself bursting into tears. Looking up at the night's sky, he wept.


I don't own the people mentioned - ryeostar 

 

this is for jesyuchiha - i'll write more changwook for you if you'd like, maybe next time with a happy ending.