Love in Time

Life of TopFany
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Love in Time

 

He's running through the fiery hallway when felt his heart stopped. There on the floor, kneeling, is his princess looking regal as if nothing is happening, with three man in their clothing of betrayal stands in front of her. 

 

He felt stupefied in the spot as he watched the man lift his hand and do a swift swing of his dao. 

 

Those seconds felt so long as he saw his princess looked at him and bade a silent goodbye. 

 

With tired body but blackened mind and heart, he ran against the perpetrators and without a second a thought slashed his jian against them.

 

He didn't noticed the influx of betrayers not until he felt his muscles and veins being torn apart. 

 

He knelt to the ground beside his headless princess. His eyes were growing heavy as seconds passed by. He slowly reached for her hand as he whisper to all the deities above his only wished.

 

" let's meet again. I will find my way to you in the next life and every life after that. " 

 

2598 BC

~<>~

 

He was awaken by the loud rumbling of the ground and the screaming of the people. 

 

He forced himself to stand up and see through the window the events that made him awake. His eyes widen at the sight of raining ash and cloud of black smoke emerging from the peak of the mountain.

 

He didn't wait for so long. He grabbed his leather bag and run off to the exit.

 

He won't die.

 

Because he promised.

 

He will find his way to meet her again.

 

He cover his mouth and nose with a piece of linen cloth that he got from his bag. He run through the narrow passageways going to the harbour where he heard some fleets are on their way to escape the town.

 

He turned right to the last corner when he bumped in to someone. 

 

He lift his head up and saw the person that he's looking for. He felt a swell of happiness in his heart in the midst of tragedy. 

 

But fate is cruel as it seems.

 

Raging flow of water mix with ash flowed to where they are. 

 

People run and shouts for their life. 

 

He, for the second time, felt stupefied on his spot.

 

He cursed at his own cowardice.

 

But maybe the gods and goddesses took pity on him.

 

His princess, stood from her place and slowly walks up to him. 

 

She reached for his chin and with tears in her eyes whispered.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter