Chapter 3

Angel's Halo


"Why did you send me there Mr. Lee?"

He just sighed and folded his hands on his desk.

"I know that you were aware that they were gangsters! Do you know that if something goes wrong it will affect my life and college?" I demand. I don't care if I'm acting so carelessly in front of my boss. Because I know he's not going to say anything since he thinks of me as his daughter.

"I'm sorry Hae Ri but I had to. If it wasn't an emergency I wouldn't have called you. Yes, I know that they're gangsters. Their gang's name is EXO. Everyone is afraid of them and if I didn't serve them, they would ruin my business. And especially that Tao guy. I've heard that he's the most heartless one. Even that cold looking Kris has a weak spot but Tao? None. That's why their enemies always try to find a weakness of his but they failed. So what I'm saying is that please hold on for a few days. You wouldn't want to destroy this old man's source for bread and water, will you?"

I just sigh. "You win. But promise me only a few days."

"I promise!"

Unknown to me was the fact that this promise will have no meaning thanks to EXO.

I take off the dress and change into my comfortable jeans and shirt. I bid Mr. Lee goodnight and leave the place. As I get out I feel the cool breeze on my face and I sigh in content. I walk home since the club isn't that far from my place and also cuz I want save money. I know it's dangerous but nothing has happened to me until now.

As I get home I take a warm shower and jump onto my bed. It's already 3 AM and I have yo go to work again at 12. I yawn and in no time I'm fallen into deep sleep.

I wakeup to the noise again. Seriously this is a free alarm for me. I wash up and have my breakfast which is cup ramen. I really need to go grocery shopping today. I get dressed into jeans and a t-shirt. Since it's kind of chilly I pull a hoodie over it. As I'm walking to the store I feel as if someone is following me. But when I look back no one is there. I just shrug my shoulders thinking it's my imagination. And man was I wrong.

As soon as I get to store I just pick up the necessary things. Like cup ramen since that's the thing I eat most. I don't have time to make food for myself nor do I have the luxury to eat expensive and good food. Don't feel sorry for me since I'm doing this for my future. I just want to accomplish my dreams so that I can live a good life. And if I ever have kids I want them to live a good life. I don't want them to fend for themselves and not be able to have all the luxury that I didn't.

As I get my food scanned I could swear I saw a man peeping through the shelves. Ok now I'm getting scared. Maybe I wasn't just being paranoid. I quickly get out of the store and walk as fast as I can. I can hear footsteps behind me and I act fast by taking out my phone. I pretend I'm calling someone. As I hear the footsteps getting closer I start speaking to my closed phone.

"Baby, are you home already? Wait for me. And can you come downstairs cuz I have alot of things. And don't panic but I think someone is following me. Yeah, Love I'm so scared please come down fast." I utter bull through the phone. I'm just praying that whoever it was would buy my acting. I look from the corner of my eyes and see a man wearing all black turn the corner. He's covering his face with his hand pretending to fix his cap. I sigh in relief and scurry to my apartment. I quickly open the door and lock all 5 locks. Yes, I have 5 locks for situations like this. As my breathing calms down I put away my stuff and lock all the windows. I draw the curtains making sure no one can see from outside. When I think it's safe enough I relax. I wonder who that person was? What is it was someone who followed me from the club? Or if that person mistook me for someone else. I just ignore my thoughts and fall asleep on my couch.

I wake up around afternoon and my back is stiff. It was a bad idea to fall asleep on the couch. I make myself breakfast which is cereal. I know know. But come on putting milk in the bowl and mixing it with cereal is also called making. Ok I should stop. Anyways after I eat I take a warm shower since the weather is really chilly today. I groan at the thought that I have to serve EX- something again. I just wish Eunmi's mother is doing well and she can come back soon. But come to think of it why didn't Mr. Lee send someone else. I need to talk to that old man. I just laze around and watch a few dramas. I'm sitting here watching 'My Love from the Star' while I cry my heart out at the scene when Do Min Joon leaves her alone. It was so sad but I don't think I'll ever feel that way. I wouldn't ever cry over a guy, well if he's an alien and has to leave maybe I'll be a bit sad. Ok fine, I'll be every sad. Ok enough of this nonsense. As I see the time I get ready quickly pulling on a pair of faded jeans and a button down white blouse. I put my hair into a pony tail and grab my phone and shove it into my bag before locking the door. I don't want to repeat last night so I take the bus since I'm scared of being followed again.

I arrive at Mr. Lee's office and knock at his door. I hear a soft 'come in' and I walk right in.

"Mr. Lee do I have to go again today? Please just send someone else like Na Na or you can send Min young?" I pout in front of him.

He sighs and puts down his pen." I'm sorry Hae Ri no can do. Those girls are new and I don't want them to mess up anything. Just go and get ready." He pushes me out the door but before he closes it he smirks ," and they specifically asked for you."

"WHATTT!!!?" I shriek but by that time the door is already shut on my face.

As I grudgingly walk over to the dressing room a drunk guy comes to me and hold my wrist tightly.

"Let go of me you . How dare you touch me!"

He wobbles and falls on top of me squeezing me next to the wall," I jusss want to havee someee funn." He slurs and brings his face close to mine. But before he could do something someone shoves him away and he falls to the ground.

" off!!" I look up to the guy and I'm surprised to see a golden haired Tao standing in front of me.

"Who the hell are you!?" The now not so drunk guy asks.

Tao smirks staring straight at his eyes," You want to know who am I? Are you sure you would be able to handle my name?" He says arrogantly.

The other guy just laughs,"Who are you? The president's son?"

Tao just grins," No I'm someone even more powerful
Huang Zitao is the name."

Just as he says that the other guy's eyes widen and he falls to his knees," I'm sorry please forgive me. I-I didn't know it was you. Please spare me." The guy begs but Tao just ignores him and walks away. I follow him to thank him.

"Thank you Tao-shi."

"Whatever... You're so troublesome." He says and walks into the room. Tshhhh what an . I'm here trying to thanks him and he doesn't even care. I just leave him and go to the dressing room to get ready. Today I'm wearing a silver sequins dress that comes onto my knees. Atleast it's a little longer than yesterday. I take their drinks to the VIP room and see them chatting amongst each other.

When I walk in all of their attention is towards me. I awkwardly smile at them and they all great me while Tao just sat there rolling his eyes. Seriously this guy has a problem with me. Maybe he's just jealous that all of his friends' attention is on me. He's such a baby for a gangster. I just snort at my thought and I notice that I did that too loud as I see their eyes on me. Luhan just laughs softly and motions for me to come sit next to him.

It's been about 2 hours I'm sitting here and I must say these guy are hilarious. If someone sees them like this they would never think that they're such dangerous people.

"So Hae Ri, tell us about yourself." Chen suddenly says

I laugh awkwardly,"Hahaha it might be boring for you."

"Nah don't worry we'll be fine. Atleast it would be better than Kris's lame jokes." As he says that he earns a smack on his head. I just laugh at their childish acts.

I look at my lap "Ok I'll just make this short. I'm the only child and my parents passed away when I was young so I lived with my grandmother. But unfortunately she passed away also when I was in high school. So since then I have been alone and doing all kinds of jobs. Including this one." As soon as I look up I see the guys staring at me. Excluding Tao since his phone is more interesting than my story.

The first one to break the silence is Lay," You must have had a hard life Hae Ri."

"Awww poor baby Oppa will make you feel better." Chen says as he pulls me into a hug and Luhan pries him off.

Tao just snorts and this irks me so much that I can't explain.

"Excuse me!" I speak loud but he doesn't look up.

"Do you have problem with me Tao-shi!?" I raise my eyebrow.

"Hmm? Who was just speaking?" He says without any emotions but I know he's having fun.

I start to get up but Lay holds my hand and shakes his head no.

"Just leave him alone."

I obey him and sit down. The rest of the night goes by and I change back into my clothes. I bid Mr. Lee goodbye and leave the club. Finally I'm out of there. I breath deeply and stretch my arms over my head. I plug in my earphones and start listening to Taeyang's 'Eyes Nose Lips'. I start walking and rub my arms trying to make them warm. Damn it I should have worn my sweater. As I'm walking a figure in black starts to walk along side with me and I panic. I try to run away but a hand from behind me covers my nose with a white cloth. As my vision is almost black I hear someone speak into the phone.

"Yes, we've got her. We're positive she's his girlfriend. This time no one can stop us from luring him in."

This is all I hear as my world goes dark.

 

 _____________________________________

 


Sorry for the late update. I hope you can forgive me after you read this chapter. Now the story starts.

You guys still didn't tell me who the second lead should be. Should I just pick someone myself. I would love to get your opinions though.

Please guys comment on my story I would really appreciate that. It would give me confidence and would also let me know if you guys are enjoying this fic.

*PLEASE COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE*