Chapter 1

Angel's Halo

         他脱下天使光环
         对于我的心脏穿上冠
             我唯一​​的
         你的爱给了我一切

      He took off his angel halo
      For my heart to wear the crown, My only. Your love has given me everything

 


I wake up to noise outside my window. I groan and put my pillow on my ears trying to block the noise out. Unfortunately it's not working so I just lay on my bed moving my legs and arms like a kid throwing a tantrum. I'm so mad that I woke up so early,
thanks to the quarreling. It's like this every morning. The man wakes up drunk and starts to fight with everyone. I just sigh and get up to take a shower so I can be more awake.

Ok, let me introduce myself. My name is Park Hae Ri and I'm 21 years old. I have long black hair that I got from my mom and I have light brown eyes. My skin is quite fair and my height is average. I consider myself average looking but people tell me otherwise. I may not be like those models with long legs but I'm happy with what I am.

I live in Seoul but unfortunately in a bad area since I can't afford it. My parents passed away in a car accident when I was 13 years old. I used to live with my grandmother but she passed away when I turned 18. Since then I have been on my own. I do two different kind of jobs from being a waitress at a cafe to being a waitress at a club. I know it's not a safe place to work at but I need money for my college. On the weekends I work at the club since I don't have to worry about college. And on the weekdays I work at the cafe. I'm working so hard because I have dreams that I want to accomplish. I want to make parents proud so that they can smile at me from heaven.

I get ready for college and I smile at the thought that it's saturday tomorrow. Even though I have to work tomorrow it's ok since I go at night. At least I get to sleep in. I look at the time and gasp. I'm going to be late again. I take my belongings and walk out hurriedly.

Thank God the bus came early unless I would get late for my first class. I walk fast through the hallway and sprint to my class. As I walk in my best friend smiles at widely and waves her hand at me. I smile and make my way to my seat which is next to the window.

"Hi Ri. Woke up late again?" A cute petite girl with short hair asks with a grin. Her name is Naeun. She has been my best friend since elementary school. And honestly she's the only friend that I have. And I don't have intentions of making any new ones. She knows what I have been through. She's the only one in this world that understands me. I love her like a sister and she the same. She was there for me when parents died and when my grandmother left me alone in the cold world.

" Take that grin off your face." I snap back at her

"Someone was fighting out again,huh?"

I just sigh and sit on my seat "You know it's a everyday routine."

She looks at me seriously while I'm trying to organize my books," Hae Ri"

I look up to her because when she calls my full name I know she's serious about something.

"Hmm"

"You need to move out of that place. I told you so many times that you can move in with me but you keep on rejecting. It's such a dangerous area."

"Naeun I-"

She cuts me off and looks at me sharply," I know what you're going to say. That you can't afford a better place or that you don't want to be a burden on me or anyone else blah blah blah."

I know she's mad at me but I can't be selfish. She lives with her younger brother and mother. Her father left when she was young so she has been the same as me, fending for herself.

I open my mouth to say something but the professor walks in at the exact moment. I just get engrossed into studying and learning that I didn't even notice that my classes have ended.

I go home and plop myself on my bed not caring to change my clothes since I'm so tired. Just as I'm about drift off to deep sleep my phone rings. I groan and pick up the phone.

"Hello?" I ask sleepily but I sit up straight as I hear my boss from the other line.

"Yes, Mr. Lee. What right now? Ok I'll be there."

I end the call and I pout.
Mr. Lee was saying that VIP customers are here at the club and he needs extra help. He usually does that. When he has VIP customers he would call me on fridays for help but obviously I get paid extra for this. Mr. Lee is a nice old man. He's really considerate and is always helping me out. He's like a father figure to me.

I get dressed in simple black jeans and a sparkly shirt. I don't want to wear those short mini dresses that make you expose everything and fortunately Mr. Lee is understanding enough to let me choose.

I take the bus to the club and when I reach it I see women dressed like they are on a ramp and men like they are in a women paradise. I look at them disgusted. Men are all about passion and lust. They just want to have taste of everyone they see. This is all I have been seeing while working at this club for 2 years. I go into Mr. Lee's office which is located on the second floor next to the VIP rooms.

"Hello Mr. Lee," I greet him and he looks up from his desk. He loos like he's in some kind of tension. So I dare to ask him what's wrong and little did I know that what he's about to say will affect my whole life.

"Is something the matter Mr. Lee? You look like you're in stress."

"Oh I'm so happy you're here Hae Ri. You will be serving the VIP customers tonight." He says

My eyes are about to pop from my sockets. Waittt... This means that I have to wear a short sparkly dress and serve them drinks. And the worst part is that I have to stay there the ENTIRE TIME.

 

 


 

 

Here goes the first chapter. In the next chapter Tao will be introduced. I hope you guys like it and support this fic. I just had to make one of Tao since you guys know that there aren't enough Tao fics and especially with an OC.