Chapter 2

Unexpected

"Jessi I don't understand what the issue is-"

"Tiff I can't believe you took my car to the garage where SHE works!! Of all the garages in the city and outside the city-"

"I don't understand what the big deal is, Yuri-sshi is very nice and my driver-ajhusshi is very familiar with her. I don't know why you're making such a big deal out of nothing."

"I'm not making a big deal out of nothing."

"Then what's your complaint. Yuri-sshi is soo sweet and-" blah blah blah. Gosh now Tiff is added to the list of people who thinks Yuri is a freaking saint or something. What the heck is wrong with these people. That rude, dirty, lawn-mowing, car-washing monkey!! URGHH! "-well now you have someone to teach you how to drive your car."

"NOPE! NO WAY that grease monkey is teaching me how to drive my car."

"URGH Jessi why are you so difficult today!" Tiffany huffed at Jessica's apparent unreasonable outburst after she found out who worked on her car. 

"She just annoys me everytime I see her. Always trying to be a smartass. Didn't you see her?? She was totally trying to press my buttons!"

"Well you weren't exactly being a saint either Jessi. You called her tanned grease monkey. Oh whatever! I don't understand you sometimes. Well I think I can ask Taeyeon to help you with the stick driving." Tiffany said as the idea just occured to her. 

"Who's Taeyeon?"

"She works in the garage too."

"Oh okay. As long as it's not that monkey I am fine with anyone. Also how do you know her anyways?"

"Oh-uhmm...I came here with driver-ajhussi a lot of times and met her." Technically that wasn't a lie. In truth Tiffany has been going out with Taeyeon recently but was yet to tell Jessica about it. In fact the only other person who knew about Taeyeon and Tiffany dating was Yuri. She was just apprehensive about the reactions of the people around her and she wanted to enjoy this relationship as long as she could without having to worry about people and their unwelcomed. 

She actually met Taeyeon when her car broke down in the middle of the highway and Taeyeon came to tow away her car. It took her a while to admit to herself that she took quite a liking to the rather quiet car mechanic. In fact she was a bit surprised when Taeyeon asked her out and took her to the carnival, it's been a while she went to a carnival, it was a nice change in contrast to the social gatherings that Tiffany usually attends. Taeyeon turned out to be rather dorky and funny. 

"Oh I see. Okay I guess I am okay with Taeyeon teaching me. As long as it's not the tanned monkey."

"Jessi she has a name and it's Kwon Yuri."

"Whatever."

"You're impossible."

------

Jessica looked up when she heard someone tap on the desk where all her books were sprawled out and saw her best friend waving, she took out her earphones.

"Hey Tiff."

"Hey, how's the project coming along?"

"I think I am almost done with my part of the research, now all we have to do with combine both our parts and put it in writing."

"Oh okay good! Let's get started." Tiffany said rather excitedly.

Jessica shushed at her friend. "WHy are you soo loud?"

"OOps, sorry!" Tiffany said looking around at the students who were giving her looks for the loud voice. 

"So how's your lesson going with Taeyeon?"

"Oh it's going well actually, she's really patient and nice unlike that monkey."

"Yeah Taeyeon is really calm and patient, I mean she seems calm and patient-" Tiffany quickly corrected herself. "Also it's not like you know how Yuri-sshi is as a teacher so you can't hold it against her."

Jessica just shrugged in response. No one ever stood up to her like Yuri did and it really threw her off. Yuri always shot back a response everytime she said anything and it truly irked her. 

------------------

 

Yuri just got done with her assignment and turned it in. Aish it's 12:36 already? I'm soo hungry!  Deciding to swing by the minimart nearby Yuri took the shortcut, down the alley. 

She had to drive slow in the alley since the cobblestone of the pathway was uneven. She stopped her car when she noticed a commotion in the dark corner of the alley. what are people doing here so late at night? Yuri turned off her headlights and grabbed her knife just in case and got out of the car. She stealthily walked closer to the commotion and realized that it was probably a gang activity that she just walked into. 

Yuri was about to turn back when she heard the voice of a girl.

"I told you,don't have any more than this. Leave me alone. Let go."  The girl sounded cold and stern as she was struggling to get out of the hold of a man. 

"You go when I say you can go. It's fine if you dont have cash. with a body like that I think you have earned us a gold mine." 

"Please just let me know." The voice sounded rather meek this time and Yuri decided to turn back. 

"Hey you, let her go man." Yuri said as she walked toward the commotion.

The man who seemed to the leader of the four people that were standing there other than the girl came forth toward Yuri.

"Aye! Who the hell are you ?"

"Look I don't want to cause trouble. I know her and I'll pay whatever money she owes you guys. Let her go."

Yuri looked at the girl briefly, who looked relieved to see Yuri intercepting. 

She looks young.

"Hah! It ain't so easy. I want a taste of her and then you're next in line." Said the main guy in a sleazy manner as he walked up close to Yuri. 

"Dont talk about her like that. She's not even out of high school."

"Oh? I dont wanna talk. I wanna touch." He said and as his hand was going to touch the young girl's face, he felt the air getting knocked out of him. 

One of the other men immediately went straight after Yuri but he faced the same consequence as his boss. 

Yuri looked at the young girl and asked, "Are you okay?" She hastily nodded before widening her eyes in terror as she was looking right behind Yuri. By the time Yuri turned back to see the object of fascination she was hit hard on the back by a rod. 

"! Dammit!!" Yuri muttered aa curse as she fell forward. She felt something drip down her face and realize it was her own blood. 

By the time yuri was getting up to retaliate she was hit a coupleemot times. Until she felt the man who was hitting her tripping over, thanks to the young girl. 

Yuri took the hand being offered to her and thanked the younger girl.

"ing ! " Yuri heard the curse and turned around just in time to see the leader charge straight at her with a knife in hand. She barely avoided the knife and hit him in the nose causing him to knock out of consciousness. 

She saw his other partner getting up. "You wanna fight too?" Yuri shouted at him and held back a snicker when he violently shook his head and scurried off. 

"Thank you for saving me. I dont know what would've happened if you didnt interject. Krystal by the way." Yuri looked at the young girl who stood almost as tall as Yuri with her hand extended.

yuri took the hand. "It's no big deal. Nice to meet you Krystal-sshi. My name is Yuri. Kwon Yuri." 

The name sounded familiar to Krystal somehow. Then again Yuri is a common name. 

"You want a lift home?" 

 "No it's fine. My car is right outside the alleyway and I have troubled you enough for today. Plus you're bleeding all over-"

"It's nothing I can't handle so dont worry about me. I was just taking a short cut to the minimart. I'd be inhuman to turn my back after I realized what was going on."

"Thank you for saving my lifeYuri-sshi. i am very grateful. Let me atleast help you clean up the wounds and treat you to a meal."

Yuri looked at the young girl who seemed like she wasn't going to back down.

"Okay then you'd have to let me accompany you home."

"Deal!" 

Yuri smiled at the excitement of the younger girl. 

"Deal. Let's go."