Chapter 4

Unexpected

"So how is that driving coming along? Are you feeling confident with the stick-shift now?"

Jessica looked up from her food at the mention of her driving lessons. In truth, her driving lessons were going quite well, courtesy of the quiet and patient Kim Taeyeon who was her instructor. Speaking of driving instructor, the incident with Yuri was still bothering her. For some reason, she could not stop thinking about what happened, it was nothing eventful at all. She couldn't help but wonder what caused that huge gash on Yuri's face. 'She probably got into a fight. Serves her right for being a thug and all. I don't know why she gets all haughty and gives me attitude because I didn't want to get on a car with a thug.'

"Jessica?"
"Huh? Appa, yes the driving is going well, I think I will be all set after a couple more lessons."

"That's good. That Yuri is a good teacher, I was afraid she'd be too polite to have the assertiveness required to teach driving...but I guess she is doing well."

"Well sounds like you are more interested in Yuri's character development as a teacher than my progress-"

"Jealous Jessie strikes again. You were like this since you were this little. You'd always be mad if I complimented someone else." 

"Daddy it's not like that." Jessica said in English. 

"Then what else is there?"

Jessica contemplated trying to warn her father about Yuri's plausible association with the mafia or the local gangs, but didn't have enough evidence to prove her point strongly. 

"I don't know how to say it, but I just don't think Yuri is all that she seems. I just feel like she is playing the victim to get the sympathy and money from established people like-"

"Jessica Jung. Enough!" 

Jessica looked at her dad shocked to hear him speak with such volume and gravity. She cannot remember the last time she saw her father be so firm with her. She couldn't believe that her own father would speak to her like that just because she is trying to be helpful and point out something potentially important about some stranger that her father seems to have a lot of faith on. 

"I am very disappointed in you, Jessica. I realize that you were brought up under a certain upbringing, but I didn't think we raised you to be judgemental of people in the way that you are judging Kwon Yuri. I hope you find out your mistake and rectify yourself." 

"I-I-" Her father took his leave before Jessica even got to defend herself or support her argument.

'Wow daddy didn't even give me a chance to explain. I will show him and everyone who their precious Kwon Yuri really is. She is far from the saint that everyone thinks she is.'

At that point Jessica's desperation to find out more dirt on a certain mechanic just become stronger than ever. 

..........................

"Jessie I don't know what kind of mission this is. Yuri is friends with Taeyeon and Taeyeon wouldn't say a word about whatever happened to cause that scar on Yuri's face. You know they are tight like that. I even asked Taeyeon and Yuri just blew me off. I don't understand why you are so hell bent on finding dirt on Yuri, she's not that bad. I have hung out with her and Taeyeon and she seems really fine actually."

"You have been hanging out with Taeyeon after breaking up with Nickhun."
"Taeyeon is really nice. She is just so calm and quiet but when you get her to talk about cars she won't stop, until she realizes that she has been rambling and she has the cutest laugh. SHe looks so much younger and her laugh sounds like an ajhumma-"

Tiffany stopped when she saw Jessica's raised eyebrows upon realizing that she has been going on about how she fancies the short blond mechanic, and her friend was thoroughly bored. 

'Wow I never saw Tiffany talk about someone like that before. At least Taeyeon is a good person and not a two faced like her friend that Kwon Yuri. Wonder what she has told Taeyeon to make her on her side.'

"I like Taeyeon. It's that Kwon Yuri that I don't like."

"Whatever Jessie. Let's just drop it. You'll never learn. Let's just go to the mall."

......................

Jessica was just sitting at the outside patio of her favorite cafe working on her laptop when she heard a commotion and saw a very figure rush past her and then a very familiar figure running past her 

'is that Kwon Yuri. Why is she running like that?'

She then saw the police run in her direction.

"Ma'am did you see anyone run this way?" One of the police officers asked Jessica since she seemed to be the only spectator around.

"Yes, i saw this tall raven haired girl running that way." Jessica point at the directiion where she saw Yuri run.

"Thank you Ma'am for your coorperation" Before Jessica could say anymore the police officers took off. 

A couple minutes later, a girl around Jessica's age came huffing again asking Jessica if she saw a tall tan skinned girl, who she realized to be Yuri.

'Why is this girl looking for Yuri? Did Yuri steal something from her and run-'

"Did you get something stolen from you?"

"Yes! Some just took my bag from right in front of me and ran. This is my first day here and I already lost my purse."

'Finally! Caught you red handed Golden Child Yuri, now you can't pretend to be an angel in front of my dad and all the other people who you bluff.'

"Don't worry the police officers are at it, I just told them which way to go, just a couple minutes ago."

"Thank you! I just don't know what i would do if  I lose my purse. My everything is in that purse."

Both ladies looked away upon hearing the commotion and seeing the two police officers dragging the culprit, who seemed to be yelling. 

"Are you serious right now? I was just helping that lady, the real bad guy just ran away in front of your eyes."

"Shut up you punk! Or I will shut you up like this-" with that one of the police officers hit the handcuffed culprit with his baton.

Jessica looked at the lady beside her who dashed to the police officers. At this point Jessica was too invested in the situation, plus she couldn't wait to tell her father about how she red handedly caught Yuri stealing and saw her handcuffed by the police. 

"Let her go! You got the wrong person."

Jessica looked at the foreign girl in shock. 

"What?"

"You got the wrong person. She was acttually helping me, and ran after the guy who ran away with my purse when she saw that guy take my purse." 

"But we thought-we were told-"

"You heard her, I wasn't lying, now let me off these cuffs." Jessica heard Yuri say to the officers. 

"You shut up. THis does not prove you're innocent" One of the bulky police officer said to Yuri tightening the hold on her cuffed hands on her back, making her flinch in pain. 

Jessica was staring at the situation in utter confusion. Was she wrong the whole time and now because of her Yuri is being treated like a criminal by the police, but that can't be. She saw her running with the purse. Was Jessica so caught up in her agenda to prove that she was only seeing what she wanted to see?

The lady whose purse caused the commotion, stepped in front of the other officer who looked more friendly, "Officer, I am sure that this woman who you have in cuffs here, was only trying to help me. Please let her go."

The officer seemed to realize the mistake and nodded. "Yes ma'am, I understand, we still have to take her to the station. And you can put in your statements and then we can let her go. So please come with us to the station ma'am and we will take care of everything."

With that the officers took Yuri in the back seat of the squad car. Jessica looked at Yuri who had her head hung low and something in her just broke seeing Yuri like that. It was not the usual sassy, energetic girl with the goofy smile, Jessica swallowed that unknown feeling and went back to her business trying to not think about the events that just took place that afternoon but failed. After a few minutes she just gave up, and shut the lid of her laptop with a huff. 

'I hope Yuri got released without any hassle. Should I check up on her? She probably doesn't want to see me right now or ever after what I did.' Jessica thought with a frown. 'Maybe I will see her when I go to the garage for my next lesson, if Taeyeon is not there then Yuri will have to substitute.'  Jessica thought back to that plausible scenario feeling better that at least she will get an opportunity to see the tall mechanic and maybe apologize to her, but she then quickly remembered what happened last time Yuri was supposed to substitute Taeyeon and how Jessica ended up burning that bridge. 'Dammit! I can't believe I burned that bridge as well. Great! Just Great!' Jessica fell into her bed and tugged on her hair in frustration. 

----------------

Finally got a laptop so i can finally write again.How are you guys doing?