Chapter 5~ Interrogation

Neverland [EXOSHIDAE Version]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon

"Hey hey hey, what did I miss?" Tiffany said, as soon as we barged into the throne room. I turned to glance behind me, but apparently Eun Bell wasn't there anymore. Strange... Well, maybe not. Before entering, she did tell us that she wouldn't be able to enter without permission. This was the farthest she could take us.

"Anyeonghaseyo your highness," I bowed to the king and queen, or rather, my ever so betraying father. Immediately, I was met with hugs, punches and shouting from Jessica, who threw her entire body on me.

"Where did you go!?!?" she interrogated me endlessly. I coughed, reminding her that the royal family was in the same room as us, and that it wasn't time for her interrogation moment. She softened and hugged me and Tiffany again.

"Gosh, Sica, we were only lost, nothing much. We found our way, a maid helped us," Tiffany explained.

"Don't do that ever again! I thought the boys..." she trailed off into a murmur so only we could hear. "I thought they had a plan to murder you or kidnap you for good!" she confessed silently, and I burst out laughing.

"Silly girl, I'm alive, now lets go. I think someone is waiting for us," I glanced over at all the people gathered around the table.

"Forgive us, your highness, for stalling time," I apologized.

"No worries, don't do any foolish acts in the future. I will not be held responsible," the king answered sternly. I frowned at the comment.

"Yes, your highness. I will look out in the future."

I took my seat where I belonged, across from Baekhyun, who seemed to sigh of relief.

"Where did you go?" he hissed under his breath. Thanks to the extremely long table to fit the 34 of us, the King and Queen couldn't hear him.

"You know, a small walk," I answered sarcastically, crossing my arms. He growled.

"I almost got in trouble cuz of you!"

"Too bad then," I stuck out my tongue before resuming my snacking on my food.

"Now, let us have an actual introduction, now that everyone is settled. We'll start with the girls, um, whose the oldest?" Queen Wendy asked. At this point, I noticed King Peter didn't really talk much when it came to such social events.

"Uh, me," I raised my hand gingerly. "My name is Kim Taeyeon, I am the oldest. These are my sisters, Jung Jessica, Hwang Tiffany, Lee Sunny, Choi Sooyoung, Seohyun, Kwon Yuri, Im Yoona and Kim Hyoyeon," I said, once again.

"Why is it that you all have differing surnames?" Wendy suddenly asked.

"Because, your highness... uh... we do not have surnames, so we each had to generate one at birth. Our parents couldn't choose, so the nursing home chose for us, but they had not known we had siblings, therefore our surnames are messed up," I explained calmly.

"No... surnames?" Wendy questioned, deep in thought. I knew what she was thinking, I must come from a pretty weird family.

"Ok then, tell us about your parents," she switched the topic. I nearly spit out the water I drank.

"P-parents?" I stuttered. Baekhyun gave me a weird look. Jessica seemed displeased with the question.

"Yes, your parents. The ones who have not named you properly," Wendy said. I gulped, that naming thing was a lie. The truth was that our surnames were different because in our fairy culture, our surnames differed for everyone.

"Uh..." I murmured.

"They died," Yuri confessed. Wendy's jaw dropped open, before voluntarily closing it in a slow manner.

"Oh," she mumbled. King Peter looked up in interest.

"No parents? Nine girls and no parents? What background are you from?" he asked me more. I took a deep breath.

"They died... years ago from an illness," I lied. "It was an epidemic. We survived because... we were on a trip to a relative's," I explained.

"Epidemic? In this area?" King Peter thought.

"It wasn't here! Somewhere else!" I quickly took back. I was getting tired of lying.

"Oh... okay moving on then. What did you girls do before this job?" Wendy asked.

"Nothing really..." I mumbled.

"Nothing? How do you earn money?" she asked.

"We had what we needed... we also had animals and agriculture, we didn't need to buy anything extra," I explained. "Our food was right where we needed it." Not to mention the magic Tinkerbell put on our gardens and farmhouse to make an endless supply of food.

"So... are you poor?" she asked.

"Uh..." I thought for a moment. "Not really..." Money wise, probably. But based on what I had, nope.

"Okay... moving on then," Wendy said. Clearly she was a little weasy about us nine girls. We did come from a pretty poor and strange background. But that was only because she stole away our father.

"Bomi and EunJi yes? Introduce yourselves," Wendy said smiling. Wow... seemed like someone was a little biased here.

"Anyeonghaseyo, my name is Yoon Bomi," Bomi said.

"My name is Eun Ji, please treat me well," Eun Ji said, smiling. I liked her smile.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter