Freshly Baked Cookies and Morning Coffees

My Riding Hood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The smell of freshly baked cookies filled the morning air. The boy walked out the front door with a slight frown on his face. The oversized red hoodie he wore made him look rather fragile yet extremely appealing to the eye. He pulled the hood over his head and trudged down the sidewalk, glancing here and there in case he were to run into someone. His destination was about 4 blocks down his own home, however the path seemed to take longer than it actually was. Maybe it was the basket of cookies he was carrying, or maybe it was because the boy had no intention of reaching his destination. A gush of wind suddenly knocked his hood over his head revealing locks of messy blonde hair. A shiver ran down his spine. He pulled the hoodie over his head and then proceeded to hug himself, however it was a very awkward and uncomfortable position as one of his hands was being occupied by a basket of cookies. 
 

The boy let out a rather loud huff that earned stares from quite a few people. Deciding that he was wasting his precious time, the boy decided to walk a little bit faster while pulling his hoodie down to cover his flushed face from the embarrassment he just received a few moments ago. Maybe that was a big mistake, because as soon as he sped up he bumped into another person (quite harshly) The boy in the red hoodie soon found himself falling with a quiet “oof” in front of the person he had bumped into. He had run into another blonde like himself except with middle parted hair. Middle parted hair was never in his range of liking but however this boy seemed to pull it off really well. 
 

“I’m sorr-“He was about to apologize, however the stranger abruptly got up and pushed past him in a pretty harsh manner and disappeared quickly around the corner. The action caught him off guard and the boy sat there gaping at absolutely nothing in particular. 
 

“How rude.” The boy quietly muttered, his mouth forming a cute pout. He slowly got up and started dusting his pants off. He took out his phone from his pocket and checked the time. It read 9:48 am. 
 

“Man I’m going to be late for my morning coffee.” He sighed as he found himself talking to nothing in particular. Again. He picked up his feet and proceeded once again, to reach his destination. 
 

He finally got there about 5 more minutes of walking and now stood in front of a newly painted red door. He hesitated as he found himself in quite a dilemma. Should he ring the doorbell or should he knock on the door? He concluded that ringing the doorbell was the best option as most people found knocking on doors pretty rude. 
 

He rang the doorbell about two times before he heard shuffling on the other side of the door. A middle aged woman with an apron opened the door and immediately smiled as she observed the boy in front of her. 
 

“How may I help this handsome gentleman?” She asked in a sincere manner. 
 

“Oh hello! My name is Xi Luhan and my mom told me to gift you these cookies she made in courtesy of you being our new neighbor.” The boy said with a smile as he held out the cookies in front of her to take. “Oh and she also said she’s an old friend of yours Mrs…….?” 
 

“Mrs. Oh” The lady replied again with a smile taking the basket of cookies from Luhan’s hand. 
 

“Your Xi’s son right?” She asked. 
 

Luhan nodded and offered her a shy smile. 
 

“Boy, when I last saw you were so little. Only about 4 I think.” She rubbed her chin trying to remember. “Its really a shame that we had to move abroad or else my son and you would’ve been pretty close. lt’s nice to have someone familiar in this neighborhood, and I can also count on you for showing my son around. He’s about your age.” She said with a smile again. A few moments past while she took the pleasure to remember her past. 
 

“Oh my how rude of me!” She suddenly exclaimed causing Luhan to jump at her sudden voice. “I didn’t even bother inviting you in. I’m really sorry Luhan was it?” Questioning whether or not she got his name right. 
 

Luhan nodded. “No ma’am it’s totally fine.You must be tired from all the unpacking. I’ll take my leave now.” 
 

“Are sure you don’t want to come in?” Mrs. Oh asked incase Luhan changed his mind. 
 

“Yes I’m sure. And have a good day ma’am.” 
 

“You too Luhan! And tell your mom you all are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter