1/6

Gap

His single-lidded eyes, hidden behind sunglasses and the dark tint of his car window, stared transfixed on the teenager wearing a mickey mouse shirt even after he disappeared through the front doors of the university. The black haired man leaned back on the leather car seat and let out a deep sigh, battling with his inner conscience without seeing a solution to his problem.

 

“You can’t keep hiding him forever. He’s just a kid, Eunhyuk.”

“No he’s not, he’s turning twenty this year- he’s an adult already. And didn’t I tell you you can't call me Eunhyuk? When we are in public I am CEO nim- your boss- your superior. Don’t forget that, my employee.”

“Yeah right, Eunhyuk. Geez, exactly how drunk are you? If I didn't know that you still remember everything even when you're drunk, I'd definitely not bother saying anything to you right now. Anyways, I’ve known you since we were born. After twenty-seven years of knowing each other, do you think you can hide things from me? Even if Donghae is of legal age, you can’t deny that he’s just a kid and you are taking advantage of him if you continue like this.”

 

His eyebrows pulled together as he closed his eyes, taking off his sunglasses and chucking it carelessly onto the passenger seat beside him. ‘Taking advantage’, huh? But Donghae had been the one to confess to him one year ago. Donghae had been the one that would not give up, using his father’s working position in the company as an excuse to see Eunhyuk everyday ‘by accident’ and confess to him every time, until he at last won him over with those big, sorrowful eyes.

He admitted that a large part of the reason why he hadn’t agreed at first was because of the exact same things that Sungmin had warned him about during dinner last night. The lecture had been prompted as he once again ditched his blind date that his parents had set up for him, for dragging Sungmin to a bar instead so he could drink all his frustrations away.

 

“Minnie, what should I do…. I can’t get them to accept Donghae… but there’s no way I’m letting him go.” He had taken off his tie and ed the top two buttons of his usual white business shirt because it was “too hot”. As the black haired man slumped across the table with his head rested over one extended arm, and took occasional swigs from the bottle in the other hand, Sungmin was busy giving deadly stares to any girl (of which there were a lot) that approached them, being attracted by the handsome male with flushed cheeks who looked like he had just broken up with his girlfriend.

Sighing to himself and wondering how he managed to put up with this for so long, Sungmin tried to help Eunhyuk by stating his real feelings- “You have to do something soon- this is not fair on you or that boy. And in order for one person to gain something, another one has to lose something, too”

 

He lifted both his index fingers and began rubbing his temples in hopes of soothing the headache of the hangover. In fact, the action was so successful that he didn’t even register falling asleep, but it must have happened because the next thing he knew, he was woken by a constant knocking on the outside of his window. Turning his head to the left, a face with angelic features came into view, and Eunhyuk simply stared at him through the one-way window that obscured vision from the outside. Donghae’s eyes were even wider than normal, tinted with worry from the lack of response he was getting, and he was biting down on his bottom lip with an adorably cute row of teeth.

He gave up after a while and decided to call the older man, but before he could pull out his phone, the window rolled down to reveal a man dressed perfectly in full business attire, looking up at him with an unreadable expression on his face.

A wide beam of crooked teeth welcomed his presence. “Hyuk! There you are! I knocked for so long I thought you weren’t in there. Did you miss-”

The brunette was cut off by a fist grabbing his shirt softly but firmly, pulling him towards the window. He closed his eyes in embarrassment as the elder pressed their lips together in public, but did not struggle one single bit.

“Of course I missed you. Even for a second, I wish you would never leave my sight. So how much do you think I missed you in these last two hours?”