Part Seven

Dear Love (Forgive Me)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Beware of typos and grammar mistakes ಥ_ಥ

 

 

The time kept on ticking and before Joonmyun knew it, a few days had passed like a breeze.

He had not seen Sehun since he left the manor days ago. He couldn’t sleep a wink on that night. How could he after everything that happened with Sehun? He locked the door immediately after Yifan left for work and curled into a ball in his bedroom, too afraid to even go to the kitchen. He was anxious, scared, thinking the silver-haired male will knock on his apartment door but it never happened.

Jongin came to visit him once, complaining why he didn’t pick up his phone. The younger male seemed to notice the sudden change in his behavior but Joonmyun always managed to get away by giving excuses that it was because of his wedding.

Joonmyun wanted to tell everything to Yifan on one night but the blonde-haired male didn’t come home until after midnight. He kept the words he wanted to spill in his mouth as he watched Yifan walked into their bedroom with wobbly steps and fell onto the bed with a tired sigh. He gripped Yifan’s briefcase tighter and made a decision to wait. He could tell Yifan tomorrow.

It was so early in the morning when Yifan shook Joonmyun awake and asked him to get dressed. Joonmyun knew nothing until Yifan pulled him into a jewelry store.

“I wanted to give you a surprise but then, silly me. I don’t even know your size. It was Jongin who chose your engagement ring.” Yifan said sheepishly as they walked toward an employee, dressed in a black fitted dress.

The young woman seemed to know Yifan because the moment she saw the male, she smiled and bowed to him. She went over to a cabinet, pulling out a small red velvet box and returned to them. She smiled again as she opened the box and held it in front of them. There were two beautiful, white gold rings inside. "These are the rings you asked me last month. You’re lucky. They just arrived two days ago.”

“Yifan.” Joonmyun looked up at Yifan and then shifted his eyes back to the matching rings. “They are beautiful.”

“I knew you would love it.” Yifan smiled and took a ring, the smaller one, out of the box and slipped it onto Joonmyun’s finger. The ring was the perfect fit.

“Yifan, I love it. But…they must be expensive.” Joonmyun said in a deep, concerned voice. “I thought we have decided to buy simple rings.”

Yifan shook his head, his blond hair bounced a bit. “You deserve the best wedding ring. Babe, we get married only once and I want it to be meaningful.”

“But you’re wasting your money. We haven’t paid the caterer yet. They wanted full payment next week.” Joonmyun grunted in frustration and looked up at Yifan, long and hard, disapproval etched in his features.

“I have the money. Stop worrying about those things.” Yifan said, his brows furrowed together into a line. He had no idea that Joonmyun would be so upset about the ring. He had imagined a pretty smile to adore the smaller male’s face when he stepped into the store last month.

When Joonmyun tried to reason again and asked Yifan where all the money was coming from, Yifan refused to tell him anything, but he insisted and finally Yifan opened his mouth.

“Sehun gave me a big project. This is nothing like my previous projects. I haven’t signed the contract yet- but babe you know, we might get to move into a bigger place. Money is not our problem anymore.”

They argued more in front of the employee and when Joonmyun couldn’t handle his emotion anymore, he left the store with a red face.  He noticed the confusion that was etched across Yifan’s face but said nothing.

Once he opened his apartment door, Joonmyun entered and kicked off his shoes and walked straight to the bedroom. He slammed the door and let out a sigh before sinking down onto the bed. Sighing again, he rubbed his face in frustration and squeezed his eyes tightly.

When Joonmyun opened his eyes later, it was already dark outside. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes and sat up. It was then he realized he was covered with a blanket. Yifan must had come inside.

Joonmyun went to look for Yifan and found him in his study, his fingers drumming on his laptop, a deep frown set on his face. He spent a few moments at the half-opened door until Yifan looked up and noticed him.

“Can I come in?” Joonmyun asked with head hung low, his fingers fiddled with each other in habit when he was nervous. “I-I’m sorry for yelling at you.”

Yifan’s eyes softened as he watched the expression that crossed Joonmyun’s face. A smile of relief tugged on his lips as he pulled off his reading glasses before putting it on his laptop. “Come here. Give me your hands.”

Slowly, Joonmyun looked up and the feeling of guilt crept into his heart when he saw Yifan extending a hand to him. Tentatively, his feet shuffled across the floor and before he knew it, Yifan took his hand and laced their fingers together. Wrapping his arm around Joonmyun’s back, Yifan pulled the smaller male down onto his lap.

“I’m sorry.” Joonmyun muttered softly as he stared at Yifan’s chest instead of his face. “I didn’t know why I..” he paused momentarily, bottom lip tucked underneath his teeth and head hung down low. “Sorry.”

“Stop apolog

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter